ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Hey! im doing well. Dont log in as often as before, but u can always catch me on fb hehe

I didnt really have sickness so there is nothing really, i feel great overall. We use doppler every saturday so im just excited that its saturday tom.

I hav noticed that my bump is super high, i hav nothing around my pelvic anymore which is weird. I guess everyone carries it differently. Curious to see where the hb is tomorrow.

Same goes to you, If you need to ask for any advice, just message :)

That's nice that you do it every Saturday. Do you have a noticeable bump now ? Wow your over 13 wks, the weeks are flying. Before we know it you will be finding out the gender

I do have a bump for sure. I told one of my coworkers that im pregnant and he was like yeaaa i knew that. He has two kids and he was like i know what baby bump looks like hahaha

Maybe i will tell ppl at work next week so i dont have to wear baggy shirts to hide it.

Haha i def showed more quickly with Nuala in early pg around 13/14 wks i had a noticable bump but wasnt huge but you could tell it wasnt 'just chub' lol a few people in my office guessed but didnt want to say anything ha ha! Aww how lovely Golden! All of a sudden it'll just push right up & out hehe! Glad to hear sickness has passed, its evil, i dont miss that ha ha!

Aww did you girls see srobbins baby girl piccy on fb? Sooo cute <3

I keep forgetting we have the fb page, as its a closed group - does that mean anything we post is just seen by us girls & noone else on our normsl fb newsfeed sees it?

I been finding it hard to log in, read & update here n there aswell, tiredness ' being busy also!

Im taking a MultiVit + Iron & the Iron supplement from the hospital, helping with the tiredness so thats good, my appetite has increased loads, it must be from the breastfeeding :thumbup:

Its ok with 2 although Riley can be a lil testing at times but i guess thats normal as another child has invaded his little kingdom of 'Rileys world' lol but once im out driving soon il be ok & we can do mummy Riley time <3

I think I had an actual bump at around 27-28 weeks. All of a sudden it popped out. Yeah I saw the picture, adorable! It's been a busy couple of weeks. I was thinking the exact same thing about the news feed.

Good news that you are gaining your appetite. I need to go to the doctors about getting the pill so may ask about multi vits too. It gets to around 7pm and I'm exhausted.

Ahh bless him, how is he with Nuala ? I bet the present from her helped haha
How are you recovering ? Its 3 weeks and I'm still bleeding. Keep thinking I've finished, but still going.. So annoying! We are off to a surprise bbq party, hopefully weather brightens up. Was horrible yesterday, you wouldn't think it's August! My sister came back yesterday with a load of presents for Zakaria. He is getting too spoilt haha. Make it worst I went shopping yesterday with my mum and she got a few clothes for him too. Clairybell have u been out with nuala yet?

Golden- how did finding the heartbeat go ? I bet it seems more real now you are showing abit.

Oh when pg with Riley i never had a real bump until at least 30 wks! & even at 39+2 when i went for the planned csection, at the labour ward desk they wer like 'wow! You sure your 40wks?' Ha ha! Next pg's girls you will show lots sooner :thumbup:

Rileys completely lovely with Nuala always wants to give kisses & wants a cuddle its so cute but in general his attitude has been guff! So cheeky & attention seeking which is completely normal & understandable but its still drives me nuts Lol!

The only thing id say about going back on pill is maybe Google which pill is really rated as not interfering with Milk supply, as it has to be a progesterone only pill if your still breastfeeding, you cant take combined! I took prigesterone only pill with Riley, cant remember which one it was but mine interferred & milk seemed less, probs didnt help that Riley was teething aswell! Im going to Google which ones are highly recommended as Drs will just say 'no they dont interfere'. Hows the expressing/bf going Iak? Any Multivitamins are fine to take now not pg, i only got ones with Iron to give me a boast of energy haha!

Im still bleeding but very lightly, almost pinky/orange (tmi sorry lol) app with a csection they give you a good clean out in there eew! Im still quite tender around the scar & in the muscle surrounding, sometimes feels like a burning pain? Im going to ask my midwife and/or health visitor when i see them this week just to see if thats normal, i cant remember if i had that with Riley or not?!

Haha its sooo hard not to purchase any baby goods isnt :haha: have you completed your child tax benefit form yet? Get ya £82 a month :thumbup: We're getting Nualas birth registered on Tuesday!

Ooh post some baby pics hehe with cuuuutey outfits :)

ahhh so happy that u got healthy babies! i cant wait to join:happydance:

Hb is easier to find now, I just put it on where i feel twitching and find it right away. So thankful that i can already feel the twitches. Its early for first time pregnancy. My theory is that i always had bowel and bloat problems so i can differentiate gas from babys movement.

I told my boss that im preggs and he said he knew because i had tums everywhere. Oh well thats out. I said i will leave by end of December, he was ok with it. I wanna leave end of December because my work is out of town 40mins and incase something happens, i wanna be close to a hospital my last months.

Also this weekend we went to a baby store, and lady was trying to sell me travel system. I liked Peg perego brand but total came to $1400 hahaha DH was like i can buy a car with that money. Crazy how expensive things are. We also looked at Halo Bassinest because i wanna do co-sleeping. But its still too early for me to buy these things. Will wait for boxing day and get things then.

I got couple maternity tops, so cute! but maternity jeans are ugly and so uncomfortable, she said it will stretch but i got no hope :dohh:

Golden your officially second trimester :dance: hehe!! 14 wks today!!

Cant wait for your lil babe to come along, he/she will be beautiful! Your so lucky to be able to feel baby flutters already, i bet your placenta is posterior & you'll feel everything loads around the front!

Omg baby buggy travel systems are SOOOOO overpriced! Our stroller buggy is suitable from birth but you can buy attachments for your carseats to go on stroller/buggys & it makes it loads cheaper for a travel system! Ours in total probs cost around £400ish..

I wasnt keen on my Mat jeans with the bump band but i got used to wearing them, toward the end of pg though they were so tight after being washed i had issues trying to get my butt back in them ha ha!

Have a look on eBay Golden,i found that the maternity trousers/jeans that have the adjustable waist bands like they have on young childrens clothes, loads more comfy & they hang below the bump most of time :thumbup:

I can swear I replied to your earlier post Clairybell. Oh well, how you all been ? Scrobbins how are you and the little lady doing ?

I've booked an appointment for the doctors to get the pill but the next available appointment was next Tuesday at 7:15am! may just go to a clinic. I will def my research beforehand. We have been using condoms. OH put it on at last minute last night so desparate to sort it out... Don't want another bubs anytime soon! Mw said to me that you are most fertile after a baby and percentage for twins and triplets goes up... Can you imagine ha!

Aww so pleased Riley is adjusting well, your bound to have him playing up. He has been a only child for a while. I'm sure it will settle once he starts school. I bet you are feeling emotional with him starting school.

My bleeding has finally stopped, mine went orange/pink too I asked mw and she said that its normal. I used to get that too, "no your not 8 months, you can't be.. Are you sure" I used to say yes I'm pretty sure I am! So pleased I don't have to hear that anymore about how small I was when I was pregnant, but I miss my bump so much! Even OH was like I miss your bump. Even now he goes to stroke it and kiss it. Now I'm getting "omg you just had a baby, no you don't look it" really nice hearing it after you have given birth. I was out eating the other week and these women were asking how old Zakaria is. They then go " you had a baby a week ago, that's disgusting how you look.. It's not fair!" I was thinking "thanks but no thanks!"

Clairybell how are you feeling now? It's boiling today! Btw for the child tax, is it only for parents that have worked/or are working ? How do you apply ? You got an appointment so quickly! I rang up when Zakaria was 1 week old and the next app was 2nd September! May ring up to see if their is any cancellations.

Aww baby events! I went to one in April, we got quite abit. In England they go on for a few days and we went on the last day, the retailers were dropping their prices quite abit to get rid of it so we got some good deals. I've got tickets for a baby and toddler show in September. Clairybell is right, travel systems are easier and work out a lot cheap. We got ours for £500, comes with everything even changing bag. Really happy with it. Did you get anything from the baby show ? If you have a h&m near you, they do good maternity stuff. I only brought one pair of maternity leggings from h&m and they were so comfortable. I just wore dresses, leggings and jeans. I was quite lucky being not that big so managed to stay in my clothes apart from tight stuff.

Aww won't be long until you feel them first kicks, I remember I felt the first kicks on Mother's Day, when I listening to Michael Jackson. Can remember it so clearly.

I don't think he approves of my photography skills :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
Feeling very summery today :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 8
Every parent/child is entitled to Child Benefit :) its a government grant as such! The form is in the Bounty pack you get from Hospital, did you get a pack? If not, Google Child Benefit forms & get info, Tax Credits will then send the form out! Child Tax Credits & Family tax credits are diff, they are what you get for childcare & if you earn/dont earn alot, bit confusing but you will def get the child benefit :)

We on our way out in just a minute to get Nuala registered, il do a better reply shortly :)

I've been deliriously tired some mornings, feeding in the night i been getting really fidgetty in bed & last night was silly hot, was so hot & then i fell asleep, Nuala slept 4 hrs straight which i couldnt believe but my boobs were leaking everywhere Lol i was not impressed but its just too hot to wear a wireless bra with breast pads to bed!

Condoms are just mood killers arent they??! Plus they're not the most convenient of things.. Check you out getting jiggy after 3/4wks giving birth :thumbup: hope it wasnt too uncomfy for you! Yes!!! You are TONS more fertile within the first 3 months of giving birth, the hormones kinda kick start everything, a friend of mine was pregnant just 2.5 months later after having her son, when her daughter was born her little boy was just turning a year old! Scary! 1yr olds are lovely but very hectic i think, well Riley was ha ha! Im so tender on my tummy muscles still, im dreading having sex lol!

Haha thats groovy about your first kicks happened listening to ol MJ ;) your lil dude is getting his moves in at an early age hehe!

We've been given so many nice lil outfits, ive ran outta space to store them :shock:

Nualas all registered now, officially here in writing so to speak Lol!

Thank you :)

Yes I did but I saw that you have to send the birth certificate too, so can't do much until he is registered. How do you know if you can get family tax credits? Is that working tax credits ?

Congrats on registering! She is officially Nuala Claire then!! Tonight is hotter! I know how you feel on night feeds, I literally drag myself out of bed with one eye closed. How often is she waking up during the night ? Hehe leaker boobs. I put Zakaria on my chest the other day with no bra on and they just started leaking everywhere. Sheets were covered and I had just changed them.

I know I can't stand them. They have a weird smell too... Awful things! That's why Im determined to get the pill. Plus I don't really trust condoms. Haha yes we have been since one week after he was born. I've been fine, I was abit unsure at first as I thought it might be abit painful but no pain. I think it's because I didn't have any tears. Omg your friend must have her hands full. My sil got pregnant when my nephew was 6 months but that was planned. Even though I miss having a bump and would do it all over again in a second I want to enjoy Zakaria growing up and getting to know him before we think about having another baby. Do you think you will have any more or is it too soon to think about it ?

Aww bet you are loving dressing her up. Arghh it's boiling tonight!

My god its sooo frickin hot tonight i cant get comfy urhhhh! We have the ceiling fan going in the lounge but after a while you just feel the warm air being moved around.. Im sat spread eagled on bed at moment wih Nuala on the leaky boobs Lol nothing attractive about me this eve hahaa :haha:

I think with Tax credits it always depends on what the household has earnt the year before, if you Google 'Tax credits calculator' theres a quiz/calculator to complete or you can call them up. If you do the online calculator to see if you qualify do it on ipad or laptop/pc, takes ages on an iphone lol.

On Child benefit you can still phone them to register the benefit claim yo get it set up as they can back date the money for you for a month & then they wait for birth cert etc. Do it, i have, first child born is £82 month (4 wkly) & baby no2 is about half that :thumbup: it helps me out the week before my pay day haha!

Do your boobs leak when Zakaria is crying aswell? Mine start pinching like when i feed her if she cries whether shes hungry or not & then start leaking ha ha Nuala was moaning whilst changing her nappy earlier & my boobs started spraying :rofl: i felt a cow pahahaa!

I would love to have another, just having 2 & only being pregnant twice feels so final, i know SO isnt keen on a third but then hes always saying 'still want a third?' Lol! But i so want a hot holiday abroad & get my body back to shape, i know im quite small generally but my thighs, butt & arms have too a battering this pg & look horrible now so i want to get abit toned up :) I also had a glass of Rosé wine the other night.. :drunk: Ahhh twas bliss hehe

Was really hot last night, the groegg in our room was showing that it was 25 degrees and that was with the windows open. Love sunshine in the day but at night it's so uncomfortable. Aw bet she is loving the leaky boobs. I have breast pads on so don't know if they leak when he cries but when my milk came in, they were killing. Hard as rock. He is still on formular but going on the breast every now and then. He brought up all his milk this morning. He was lying down in his Moses basket and came out of his mouth and nose. Scared the hell out of me! Haha started spraying!! Sorry but I can't stop laughing!!! Amusement for the day.. Thanks! Clairybell you should star in a film.

Thanks for that I will have a look into it and will send off the from for child benefit in the meantime. How long does it take for them to register ? Do you only have to bring id and red book ? Also how much is it ?

Ahh you should have a 3rd. Two doesn't seem right hehe. Maybe in a couple of years time once you have had your holiday. I'm sure you look great but I know what you mean with getting back into shape. I've been quite lucky the moment I gave birth my stomach went back to normal but want to tone up my thighs, butt and stomach too. My sister has a gym pass which she said I can use but it's just the time. Can't see that happening anytime soon. May start my long walks once the weather has cooled down abit. Running around Riley def must keep you busy. I bet you don't look horrible! Picture I saw after you gave birth, you looked great so pretty sure you look just as good! Don't put yourself down lovely :) I read this article the other day, saying about how some women put pressure on loosing weight after pregnancy. Ahh must of felt like ages ago you had a glass of wine. I had a glass of prosecco on Sunday at a bbq and it was stronger than I remember. I can imagine when we drink we will be the first to get drunk haha.

Post some pictures of Princess Nuala! Princess Nuala, that sounds so good! Like a character out of a Disney film :)

Have you given Nuala her first bath ? Zakaria is so good in the bath I was expecting him to scream his lungs out but he just chills and then starts crying once I take him out.. I've just been using just water as mw said not to use anything until 6 weeks. Have u been adding anything in the water ? He still has dry skin on his arms, legs and face. I ve been massaging him with sunflower oil twice a day. Hospital adviced me to use sunflower oil but don't know if I add natural stuff to his bath it may help with dry skin or make it worse.

Ended up using coconut oil in his bath today he seems amazing !! I sponged some in his hair but I didn't wash it out with fresh water. Tried googling but can't find anything. Do you guys know if you have to wash it out completely ?

Iak Coconut oil is great for babies, u dont have to wash it out either. Will be really moisturizing for his skin and hair and works well with eczema.

My friends baby had severe eczema and she has been using coconut oil for that. She baths him every night and massages coconut oil then leaves it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->