ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Thanks Golden. I didn't know if you could leave it on or if you had to wash it out. I googled it and it said wash it out. I asked my friend she uses it quite a lot and she said just leave it in. I ve been using sunflower oil that was recommended by mw for his skin but he still some dry skin on his face, legs and arms so I'm debating whether to start using coconut oil instead. I don't want to be experimenting with all these different products on his skin at this stage so don't know whether to switch to coconut oil.

Aww Nuala has Thrush in her mouth :( & she has passed it to me on my nipples! So she now has a wks worth of mouth drops & i have cream for the boobs! I have to wipe it off or clean the nips before feeding though, its why shes been grumpy on/off feeding constantly bless her! Fx'd the drops start working asap :thumbup:

Ah yes Goldens right about coconut oil! Its bloomin awesome!! My sister uses it on my nehew as his eczema is awful & his skin is fab now & hes less whingey, like a new little boy :) She gave me the last half of her tub, its a Waitrose on spec for baby & has Vanilla in it aswell, we bathed Nuala with it aswell with it melted in the water mmmm she smelled delicious ha ha & then used it on her skin as shes starting peeling! Shedding like a snake Lol! I do have a small bottle of Johnsons baby wash but it can be drying on their skin!

Princess Nuala <3 if you type that in google images it brings up the princess from 'Hellboy - Golden Army' haha, me & SO find this amusing!

Riley helping bath Nuala her first bath <3
https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszmignca3.jpeg

'Little Bird' outfit from Mothercare tooooo cute
https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2eheydnu.jpeg

Omg had to say also, when health visitor weighed her yesterday she weighed 4kg exactly - 8lb 13oz!! :shock: thats over a whole lb in weight in a week! Lol! So shes getting her good milk supply in :thumbup: after she lost like 3% of body weight & then last Tuesday her weight was back up to 7lb 12oz! Lil piggy ha ha!

Ahh sorry to hear about the thrush. How do they get it ? I remember my nephews had it cleared up quite quickly. Hope the drops work.

Zakaria is peeling too. Is the coconut oil working ? Do you think I should switch to using that instead of the sunflower oil. I've been massaging it twice a day since he was born and he is still peeling on his face, arms and legs.

Aww the photos are adorable. She looks so much like Riley. Splitting image of him. He looks so happy to be getting involved. Her little outfit has melted my heart! Pretty little girly. Wow she is just under 9lbs! I see she still has her cord on. I kept Zakaria's cord going to put it in his memory box :)

Is Riley all set for starting school?

ahhhh she is such a cutie! :kiss:

Iak u dont need to wash coconut oil out, no harm for the baby. I cant believe mw recommended sunflower oil, thats some useless oil (just saying).
Also you can wash him with Honest Company products if you have them in UK, all natural and not drying.

I also wanna add that every race have different type of skin, so English mw may not know Zakaria's needs. You gotta use what ppl back home uses, ask ur mother in law or ur dads side.

Thanks Golden. I've been using it twice a day since he was born and his legs and arms are still peeling. He is a month next Tuesday so I'm thinking it should of cleared up if he sunflower oil was any good. I want to use all natural stuff nothing like Johnsons at this stage. I have a few natural organic lotions and shampoos but I have read to just wash in water at this stage. I'm going to give the coconut oil a go for a few weeks and then if it hasn't cleared up I will mention it at his 6wk check up. The peeling is not bad but don't want to carry on using the sunflower oil if it is not doing anything.

I used to get emails about the Honest Company for the free trial all the time whilst I was in the U.S. You can get it in the UK but it just cost a lot more.. Tbh I think it's abit overpriced for what it is and how long it has been around for. I love the baby burt bee stuff, smells great. May get some when Zakaria is abit older.

I know what u mean, i hate those baby brands full with chemicals. You can just get honest company body and head wash, and moisturize with coconut and almond oil.

I think honest company got popular so fast because every mother is looking for organic products.

Or because it is founded by Jessica Alba....

How are you feeling ? When will you be having the private scan ?

Afternoon lady birds :wave:

Ooooh tis a hot one today!! Been up my sisters with our cousins this afternoon enjoying nibbles & paddling pool ha ha!

Yeah, Nualas still peeling, shedding like a snake still lol! Usung Coconut oil daily though, its gradually getting less but i think the daily bathing makes the skin peel more so im going to do one every 2-3 days instead now :) I do remember how Rileys took a good few wks before he wasnt all peely .. If i remember rightly, i did use a natural sponge with him so maybe that helps eliminate a lot of dead skin cells? I may buy one at wknd! I wouldnt use Sunflower oil though, Slmond or Olive oil is lots better, Olive oil is great for the skin ;)

Nualas Thrush is getting better already :thumbup: the drops are working a treat & shes starting to feed abit better again yay!! Her cord still hanging on in there ha ha but il be keeping that when it drops off aswell, i have Rileys eew it looks eurgh in his lil box, i call it the icky keepsake Lol!

I still have bits of Rileys uniform to get but thats it really, have school teacher home visit in September, cant believe hes off to school, hes too little lol!

Yes Golden, will you be getting a private gender scan?? Cant remember if you both decided to find out the sex of baby.. Have you been taking any 4 weekly bumpy pics? We need to see bumps ha ha i miss the bump, could easily have snother now & Nualas only 2 wks old he he

Clairybell- your picture is adorable! You need to get it framed

Perfect weather to be out and in the paddling pool. Meant to be raining tomorrow. Hopefully will brighten up again. Most of my family are off going away. Only me and my brother that aren't going away. In need of some sun and sea! Hopefully next year we will be celebrating Zakaria's 1st birthday on the beach. Look at me making plans already. Don't want him to grow up, stay little forever :cry:

When they are overdue they peel more. Zakaria is not peeling that much. I started using the coconut oil tonight, he smells so good hehe. Yeah your right, bathing too much makes the skin peel more. I've been bathing twice a week as they say not to bath too much as it gets rid of the vernix which helps protect their skin. Since I've been using these oils to massage him my hands have got so smooth haha. Def has benefits for both mummy and baby :)

Pleased to hear that the thrush is going. Bless her she is only little! Aww I bet you will start crying when you put that uniform on. Is he excited ? My nephew is starting school this year too. Feels too soon! The years just pass by. I was asking him today if he was looking forward to starting school and he just ignored it and started talking about something else haha.

I miss my bump so much too! I loved being a preggo and even loved my labour until I was pushing his head out haha. Ouch! Can you imagine having another so soon after. I feel so sleep deprived as it is.

Nuala just woke after 3.5hrs sleep & i feel more zzzZ now!

Haha kids are funny arent thye, Riley says hes looking forward to seeing his friend Jackson at 'Red school' lol! Red school being big school with red uniform ha ha too cute!

Omg the coconut oil smells divine <3 just smells of holiday to me hehe!! We are hopefully going awwy next year aswell but Nuala probs be under a year old if we do but we said we'll wait & see how she is with feeding/sleeping then as if shes difficult i wont enjoy hols that much to relax & have some wine haha!!

Its weid, as much as you dont want them to grow i want too see what she looks like more i few wks time when all their features come out :) has Zakaria started smiling yet? Nuala did this funny lil smirk yesterday lol i was tickling around her cheeks :)

We have a photographer coming around tomorrow - well today at 11am to do some of those snoozy newborn pics ye know the ones where baby is curled up in your hands, or in lil hammocks etc hehe! She took some of Riley around 8wks old at a baby/toddler group yrs ago & shes quite reasonably priced so i booked her in when i was pg eeee i cant wait :) shes coming at 11am so it gives me time to get showered, brekkie & feed Nuala!

Do you have any plans this wknd? I may make a banana cake later today mmmmm :)

Haha i def showed more quickly with Nuala in early pg around 13/14 wks i had a noticable bump but wasnt huge but you could tell it wasnt 'just chub' lol a few people in my office guessed but didnt want to say anything ha ha! Aww how lovely Golden! All of a sudden it'll just push right up & out hehe! Glad to hear sickness has passed, its evil, i dont miss that ha ha!

Aww did you girls see srobbins baby girl piccy on fb? Sooo cute <3

I keep forgetting we have the fb page, as its a closed group - does that mean anything we post is just seen by us girls & noone else on our normsl fb newsfeed sees it?

I been finding it hard to log in, read & update here n there aswell, tiredness ' being busy also!

Im taking a MultiVit + Iron & the Iron supplement from the hospital, helping with the tiredness so thats good, my appetite has increased loads, it must be from the breastfeeding :thumbup:

Its ok with 2 although Riley can be a lil testing at times but i guess thats normal as another child has invaded his little kingdom of 'Rileys world' lol but once im out driving soon il be ok & we can do mummy Riley time <3

Hey gals! Been super busy with my baby girl. I love being a mommy and our bonding time when she feeds. She is a little pig as well on breast milk.

The fb page is closed/private so no-one but us girls can see our post. Is that ok with you girls?

I love seeing all the baby pics. We are all so blessed with these bundle of joys.

Golden .. Peanut is lookin good. I'm so happy for you! Cant wait till February to see your baby pics.

Oh bless him with "red school" so sweet

Going away with babies will be a mission. It takes me forever to get out of the house, let alone going away but it will be nice. That age they will be getting to know the water and maybe even walking. Have you been away with Riley ?

I know I was thinking what he is going to be like in a few years then stopped because I scared myself out I want to enjoy this stage as much as possible. Yes he started smiling a couple of days after he was born. It is the sweetest! He is so much more alert now. He scares me at times because he is trying to turn his head and lift it up. How's Nuala ?

Ahh bet you can't wait. How much is she charging you ? I want to get a few pictures done, meaning to ring up a few places. Hope the pictures come out well. Do you have her outfits ready or will she be bringing a few.

Well I've just finished feeding, going to snooze for another hour or 2. I find the morning feed a lot more harder than getting up at 2/3am. Literally get out with one eye closed. Zakaria is 4 weeks today ! And still my body is slowly adjusting with waking up. Plus Zakaria is always making some sort of noise haha. Even in his sleep, he makes noise. Never heard a baby that is so vocal since day 1. Me and OH couldnt stop laughing the other night, he was making his noise and then all of sudden started farting really loudly. Shameless haha! Does Nuala usually sleep 3-4 hours or does it vary ? I'm exhausted in the daytime, literally running on caffeine. Last 2 days I have had a nap for 2 hours whilst he has been sleeping and really has helped.

Not a lot, we have our nephew's 3rd birthday on Sunday.. It's my dad birthday on Monday so my brother is doing a bbq at his. Need to go out and buy presents today. Yummy you love your banana cake. You should start selling it! Need to try it :)

Hey Scrobbins! Congrats again :) Yes, busy busy busy but we wouldn't have it any other way. How is Addie doing ? Are you recovering well?

That's great that it is closed. I always want to put something but don't want others to see.

We certainly are blessed, I couldn't imagine life without my little one.

Completely fine with fb page as just us girls :thumbup: i also like to post bundles of stuff but wasnt sure if peeps on my fb feed would see & be like 'omg too much baby' lol!

srobbins, tell me about it, Nuala is a milk piggy aswell, shes piling on the lbs lol! Hope you are recovering well hun & taking it easy on the tummy, my csection after labouring is def more painful than my planned section with Riley.. Breastfeeding helps get the tummy shrunk right down & heal the internal wound quicker aswell ;) breastfeedings lovely isnt it, creates such a lovely bond :hugs: Riley always comes to me when hes upset for mummy snuggles, i swear its the bf bond :thumbup:

Nuala is still doing an odd smirk, quite suprised she not smiling yet properly seeing as she hung in there until 2wks later ha ha!

No outfits for the pics, she was butt naked & all curled up on cushions, sooooo cute <3 il get some proofs in few days time but the actual piccys on a usb stick will be done with editing 10-14 days hehe im very excited!

Haha Iak does he make grunting noises in his sleep?? Riley used to & my friends lil boy did also, definate boy thing, nuala makes squeaky noises lol almost kitten like :haha: think she may be having a growth spurt, she feeds & hoes down in the night but when she feeds around 5/6ish or a lil after she struggles to snooze last couple days, wants booby constantly & gets trapped wind LOL if only she didnt guzzle her milk so quick! Tut tut!

ooh enjoy the bbq, we're having one tomorrow aswell, i have some chicken & chorizto skewers mmmm yummers!!

Ah really enjoy seeing those baby photos! But I enjoy being pregnant n spoiled too:)

Here is my baby bump, I hav a short torso so not sure how this bump gonna look in 40weeks:/ I had a dream where I gave birth to a huge baby n baby was premature. My dreams are always about me giving birth early to bigger size baby n I got nothing prepared for the baby. Weird!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
Beautiful bumpy pic Golden <3

Pg dreams are so random, they are most probs your deepest fear/concerns, your bump will just push out infront if your body is fairly petité hun :) Its rare that unless you go waaaay over over 2 wks over due baby shouldnt be huge, the body generally only carries what it can handle to deliver & then once babe is born they pile on the lbs Lol!

Aw can't wait to see your proofs. How much did the women charge ?

He makes noises all throughout the night and then starts farting. Makes me laugh. Me and OH were having a heated discussion and all of sudden he started farting haha. Ahh bless her, she probs saving them smiles for later.

Aww Golden you have a little bump! Clairybell you say that but I have known really petite women to carry 10lbs babies but usually it is what you can carry. I'm so grateful Zakaria was just under 6lbs. The most painful bit is definitely pushing out the head, then the body folllows. Just thinking about that pain makes me shake haha. I would do it all over again though. It's weird I loved my labour. Hope the weather holds up for your bbq tomorrow! Think I'm going to have a bath whilst Zakaria snoozes I haven't had one since I was pregnant, may add some of coconut oil into hehe. I will be getting the whole family using it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->