ttc #1 - handy tips please :0)

Aww love the name Zaki! It def suits him, handsome lil man <3

Just a quick check in, i gave in & booked a csection (which i really thought id go for an induction) which i need to be up hospital by 0730 this mirning but.. Im pretty sure im having contractions - how typical hahaa! On/off since yesterdsy afternoon bh have got worse & roughly every 10/12 mins but omg they are getting really painful they taking my breathe away!! I dozed for couple hrs & just woke up in pain with awful pains & needing a pee so il keep you girls posted! I could be having a spontaneous labour after all eee :thumbup:

Oh Zaki is an Arabic name! Suits both family ha. I couldn't think of a second name, it's kinda hard ha. U can always do Zaki Khan :))

Over the weekend we told my dad and sil, so my parents told my aunts and uncles. Pretty much all my fam knows now. We won't do any announcement on social media tho.

Ah CB good luck Hun! I know u can do it. Push that missy out hehe even tho she loves it in there

Thank you girls! He really does look like a little Zaki. Yes Golden it's a Arabic name, means intelligent. We haven't officially announced it to the family yet. Golden what did they all say ? Were they shocked ?

Yay Clairybell- get timing them. I always lost count and forgot. Write it down or if you have an app even better. Any update ? So exciting for you. If you need any advice let me know, labor is not something you forget. It's such a beautiful experience. In some ways I wish I could do it all over again! What sort of pain are u feeling ?

Im in early labour girls lol! Typical as had pre op yesterday!

Only 1cm so far but had some pinky yuk come out so its bits of my plug ;) they just put a canula in my arm & they may pop my waters in an hr or so OMG!!! Have you seen what they do this with?

Ouuuuch contractions hurt!!!! They are very low strong crampy but worse kind of pains all down low & it radiates through to my back, what were yours like Iak?

My blood platelets are low so they retook some blood a few mins ago, if they still very low it can restrict my pain relief i.e if i wanted an Epidural! I def want to try birthing pool but they need to get the 'special monitor' for it because of my scar! I bet i wont get to use it & id hate my labour pains to be horrendous & i cant really have much pain relief..!

Yay CB finally! keep us posted and good luck.

Iak, Turkish form of Zaki is Zeki and it means smart as well. After i told DH about the name yesterday, he started coming up with old arabic names for the kid, omg just kill me!!! some names are so ugly.

My dad was happy and sil acted happy so not sure. Then my aunts and uncles heard from my parents and called me, they were all happy for me because there was a rumor going around in uk and turkey that I'm infertile. Because sil told her mom about how long we have been trying and she told everyone that i cant have kids. So my family was happy to shut everyone down.

When i was in school, i worked as makeup artist and my boss at the time is my good friend now. We went to gym together last year and i kept asking her questions about pregnancy and shared my struggle with her. So when i told her this weekend, she started crying! it was so cute, lov her.

Me and OH have had an argument about the name. He now doesn't like it! 12 days old and still have no name! So pi*ssed off!

Any nice names you can suggest ?

Clairybell- UPDATES?!!! :D

oh noo! how come u guys didnt come up with a name while u were preggo? i swear i have like million names that i like and thats why i wanna have so many kids hehe.

I will recommend couple names but not sure if it would fit ur husband culture.

Names i like; Yasin, Ahmed, Mehmed, Burak, Selim, Sami, Erhan, Eren, Ibrahim, Arif, Deniz, Fatih...etc.

Don't rush and make sure that u both like the name, maybe do a draw! That's how I was named, they couldn't decide and they did a draw with the names they liked.

Oh no thats rubbish Iak? Have you both made a lists of names you each like then discussed them? This is what SO & i did! I found choosing a boys name really hard! Hope you guys get something sorted very soon :hugs:

Sorry ive not updated just yet, been trying to today & kept nodding off to sleep LOL!

So.. Weds evening 8/9pm my braxton hicks started getting a little bit more painful & was tracking them on my App :) on average they were coming every 5-10 mins or so! I really couldnt believe it as id already had a pre-op for csection lol! So i dozed on/off for couple hrs but contractions were waking me up, called Labour Ward advised me to go in for 0730 as planned! Arrived & after another 2.5hrs found that i was only 1cm! Basically, they broke my waters to get things going & ohhhhh boy didnt they!! They started getting stronger straight away & was needing gas n air! So at 4oclock the midwife checks me (this is nearly 14/15hrs later) only to he 2cm dilated & i cried uncontrollaby! I was in so much pain that i was screaming for csection, surgeon came down & re examined cervix & 3cm & he also made decision for csection aswell :thumbup: i was swearing & allsorts Lol!

Finally, after my spinal which was bliss :) at 18:07 baby 'Nuala Claire' was botn weighing 7lb 14oz! She looks just like Riley its uncanny :) il upload some piccies my lovelies :hugs:

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2a6hrtpx.jpeg

ahhhh finally! i was so worried when we didnt hear back from you. Im glad she is out and she is gorgeous! and u look great in that photo!!!!

Is she breast feeding fine? she does look like Riley. so happy for you:hugs: kisses from aunty Golden!

Golden your a wee chicken nugget hehee!!

I photo edit/coloured the pic as i look soooo tired haha! I look & feel alot more with it today though :thumbup:

Its very painful to move about & probs will be for a while, more so than when i had csection with Riley! But scar is healing well midwife said today when she popped over :)

Breast feeding going well although nips are soooo sore :( they havent been sucked on like that in 4 yrs HAHA!! Ive got some Lansinoh Lanolin grease which is helping loads!

Its weird, being home, not pg but a new baby in tow.. All shes doing is feeding, pooping & kind of sleeping, wish i was sleeping, im catching odd nods zzzZ here & there and thats it, uhh!! My sister popped over today & she had baked me a HUGE Banana cake yummers! For energy apparently hehe i love Banana cake mmm!! Also started taking a multivit with Iron today :)

So how are all the girls? Golden, how you doing hun? Had any other random food cravings? No doubt your lil golden snitch (hehe) is bopping about in there! Cant believe you nearly in second tri eeee!!!!

srobbins your nearly there girly :thumbup: are you trying anything to induce natural labour? Hope your taking time out inbetween your Nesting Lol

Iak, glad you guys finally found a name you both like :) the fb piccy was just gawjus!! Hows feeding going?

Im still sat on sofa at nearly 2am with a missy attached to my boob, each time she finishes, she poops, wakes up & wants more.. I want to sleep zzzzZ!

Oh i did a baby collage pic of Riley & Nuala at same age <3

https://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb416/claireybell81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsw2ldpmpu.jpeg

Clairybell so happy for you! You bloody look amazing! I know we are only BnB pals but feel emotional! They say when it comes to giving birth everything can change. Best thing is to go in with what you want but open to options. I know some people get so dishearted that their day didn't go to plan, but as long as baby and mum is in the best care and all is well that's all that counts. When we went into the hospital at 11:30 I was 4cm and then when I was reexamined at 5pm, I was 7cm. I couldn't stop crying, I was like "I'm only 7cm I ve been in pain for so long, when is this going to end" the mw were like that's really good, you have progressed really quickly. Was so pleased he was born 2 hours later. So don't blame you for crying, the pain is terrible. Glad to hear you are healing, you probably feel more sore as the cut has been reopened from when you had Riley. Nuala is so beautiful, she looks just like Riley. How is he with her ?

Thank you, we finally decided on a name on Friday. I sort of won, OH is not completely "in love" with the name, but it was becoming a bit of joke that little one didn't not have a name, believe it or not he is 2 weeks. Can't believe it! Want him to stay little forever :) We both liked Zakaria when I was pregnant, but OH wasn't sure. We put both our fathers' names as middle names too. I rang up the registry, next appointment is in September! Must be a lot of babies being born. He is feeding well, having breast in between. Still disappointed that he is not taking the breast all the time but will be trying to wean him off the bottle. I know difficult but atm he needs to gain his weight back. Mw said after they are born they loose weight and then regain it. Mw will be coming over this afternoon for last visit so she will weigh him to see how much he has gained. He is still in tiny baby clothes! Def feel him getting a lot heavier though.

Aww nice of your sister to bake you a cake. So yummy- enjoy! Make sure you are eating and drinking I know it's hard, I don't feel like their is enough hours in the day. We went out for lunch yesterday with my cousin's wife and her mum and then went shopping. Popped into mothercare and brought a bouncer and a few clothes. They still have their sale on. I walked into the baby changing room and there was a place to feed. So was feeding him and some women had her child over the sink, for him to pee... Last time I will be going in there, I was so disgusted! Had to stop myself from saying something.

Are you having a lot of visitors ? Don't do my method, you will be exhausted! How often is nuala waking up? Is it different having a girl ?

Golden- can't believe you are over 12 weeks. I bet it is going slow for you but once 12 weeks have gone it will fly by. It still feels like yesterday that I done the pregnancy test!

Scrobbins- how are things ? Is everything ready? Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and sleep before baby girl arrives :D I bet you are so excited

Girls I'm so excited, nervous and anxious!! Still no change - no dilation. I'm being admitted Wednesday evening and they will give me Cervidil then Thursday morning they will start the Pitocin. I'm hoping for a vaginal birth since she is in position. I can't wait to hold my baby girl!! My sisters will be in town Wednesday night so they can be with me. I can't wait till they meet her! This is the first grandbaby and great grandbaby in our family for my husband and me!

Sorry ladies, i dont log in often over the weekend.

I cant believe im almost 13 weeks! im so happy that i passed 12 weeks mark but still paranoid.

Time is still going slow, maybe it will go faster once i have legit bump.

Im not craving anything special, just hungry all the time and when i eat im always bloated and uncomfortable. I get weird cramps here and there, other than that i feel pretty normal for now.

How are my babies doing? did u guys get some sleep?

The bloatness should started to go over the next couple of weeks. Zakaria is doing well, he has such a little personality. He is so vocal, never stops making noises even when he sleeps. I even asked the mw if it was normal haha. He peed on me twice today when I was changing him.. The joys of having a baby boy :D He wakes up twice in the night so i get some sort of sleep. Feel so tired some days, I think I'm started to get a cold. Had a 2 hour nap today and it helped but think I'm coming down with something. Think I have overdone it since giving birth. I would say both to you when you give birth make sure you rest plenty.

Honestly Golden the weeks will suddenly fly by in second Trimester! First tri is all early symptoms & such a long wait for things to start progressing, i loved second tri, appetite back, bump starts growing , scans & first baby flutters <3 aww Golden i bet you cant wait! I miss the bump haha!

Arhhhhh srobbins omg im so excited for you right now! I hope it doesnt come to inducement & baby girl makes her grand appearance before then, i know ours did after i booked in for my pre-op assessment lol! All i can say is if you want pain relief even at an early stage, dont feel bad for it! :thumbup: i bet you have a really smoothe labour :)

Omg my Milk came in yesterday & my boobs are like bags of Rocks lol! Nualas actually settled more since then with feeding & sleeping inbetween & managed to get some zzzZ's last night, felt loooooads better this morning! Im sat here on sofa now like a nodding dog, Nuala will wake for a feed in a minute i expect! Iak thats still great that your lil dude is having breast aswell as bottle but if that works well its not a bad thing & it means more options for babysitting hehe :thumbup:

You know you also hear those stories of 'i remember it were painful but you forget instantly' they MUSTVE been high as a kite as i remember it clearly lol! Thinking about it, it was more than 14/15hrs as pains started 8pm ish the evening before! You did so well & used the pool, gutted i never used the pool but hey ho! If we decide on a third in coming yrs, baby no 3 will be a planned csection as i now have 2 scars!

Oooh id LOVE a daytime nap ha ha no chance with Riley though.. I can feel myself falling asleep/heavy eyes when feeding zzzzzZ! Dud manage to get more sleep last night though, visitors have been minimal thank god but with Riley we had loads & that tired me out!! Did the hospital test your iron levels after you had Zakaria? Mine were low again so back on iron tabs with my multivits again lol joys! Are yoi taking any extra supplements at moment hun?

Good luck srobbins <3 just seen on fb re csection! Hope all is going well :flower:

Man im soooooooo tired this morning zzzz

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't logged in for a few days, been out and about busy. How are you all doing ?

I've got a terrible headache for the last few days, had a 2hr nap whilst Zakaria was snoozing and still hasn't gone.

Clairybell how's Nuala doing ? Has mw been and checked her ? My mw came on Sunday and discharged us. She weighed him and on Sunday he was 6lbs 4. Are you getting much sleep? Nope I didn't get my levels checked I'm still taking pregnacare vits as I had a box left over. Will get something else once I'm finished them. How is with two ? Hope you are resting in between.

Golden how are you? Have u had much sickness?

Scrobbins hope all goes well and you have a smooth birth!! Thinking of you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->