Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

Michellebelle -
So glad you are feeling more relaxed this cycle. Opks are definately a great way to relieve some of the pressure. Hoping you get your positive opk soon.

Loobs - I have been having tr same pains, almost pinching and aching in my lower back. Glad you got more confirmation from your digi test!! Did you u manage to book in with your gp yet?

I hope all of you ladies are having an enjoyable weekend!

Loobs that happens initial muscle pain like feeling down below tht happened to me as well and hanrh m so so happy for u and really some hospitals sucks they really should consider treating a patient well first when is it next appointment ?

Pearly -
I know the gp begged the hospital to give me a scan just to reassure me there was a baby and to stop me going crazy but they said there is no point! Not until 12 weeks!!! It's all about the cost of things in the UK and the obv don't want to spend out for a scan for me! Makes me so angry! Anyway, how are you doing?

I am currently sat in a cafe in our local shopping centre. Hubby is Christmas shopping but I started feeling dizzy because of the crowds, so am relieving myself with a lovely hot chocolate with marsh mallows. Yummy!

Hot chocolate sounds yummy Hanrh!
I really hate how picky the NHS can be at times. I know they are overstretched etc and that money is tight but it can be so detrimental to people when things are cut because of cost. Like, I don't understand how it can be seen as a helpful thing for you to be anxious for weeks waiting for a scan! Rant over lol.

I've planned that if we did get pregnant I'd use some of my savings to get an 8 week scan because so far have miscarried every time prior to 8 weeks so I feel like it would be reassuring for me to go private to get that scan even though there is never much to see!

Loobs, really glad you had the confirmation on CB digi. Exciting! :D

Hanrh, have you told your husband yet? Or are you still waiting for Christmas? I dint know if I'd be able to keep that secret!

I agree Tink! The NHS can be so rubbish at times. I wonder what costs them more.. the price of an early scan or lots of extra counselling sessions as im so stressed? They don't think of that do they!

I think that would be a good idea to get an early scan. I actually looked into it and it only costs £99 and you can literally book in for any time! I would definitely go for it if i were you. I see people from the US on here posting their 7 Week pics and you can see something!!

MichelleBelle - No i haven't told him yet. REALLY want to wait it out for Xmas day although am finding it hard as am feeling really unwell and i cant say why!

How is everyone elses weekends?

Ohh hanrh I can understand it can be such a pain but u must tell ur hubby Hun and in early pregnancy u got to take care a lot like what to eat what not plus he will be so supportive and happy dnt steal tht moment away Hun
Btw wanted to knw the list of things to avoid u knw of papaya and pineapple but want to knw a lot more like I have job in NYC have to ho every day and making home good is really not possible but I eat chipotle and some other safe restraunt but sometimes really fear if everything is fine too many confusion in picking up food

Thanks for the kind wishes ladies. And it's lovely to have some reassurance that what I'm feeling is normal. I've had light AF type cramps on and off today.

Hanrh - I would have expected your doctor to do the bloods tests that actually give you a number and to keep an eye on it to make sure it is progressing in that way. I don't even know if that makes sense, I'm feeling a bit "baby brain" at the mo :haha: anyways, that would maybe give you some reassurance?

X

hanrh, i think it's going to be the most amazing christmas present ever!! you can do it - only a couple more days!!:xmas9::xmas6::xmas1:

hanrh and tink, sounds like NHS and military health care are quite similar.:nope: i was so nervous and unsettled waiting for the 12 week appointment that i went off base and paid for a private scan at 8+1 and even when that was showing reason to believe i should get a follow-up in a week, the OB on base refused to see me when i called to explain the situation. my husband had to go down in person to their office and insist on getting seen earlier. they finally agreed to see me at 9+5, but i started bleeding 2 days before that and miscarried the next day. almost wanted to call and say "screw you, i told you so," but i've managed to bite my tongue so far. though they may not be so lucky when i go in this tuesday for an appointment to "check that everything has resolved itself." seriously?! you'd think that working in OB you'd have a little more tact than to call a woman in the middle of miscarrying and say sh*t like that! (they called 2 days after my miscarriage, so i was very much still cramping and bleeding and a wreck:nope:) sorry, rant over.:roll: anyway, seeing lots of people posting 7 or 8 weeks scans on threads here makes it hard to wait until 12 weeks, definitely.:wacko:

pearly, the only things my doctor told me were definite no-nos were alcohol and smoking. and that i should stay out of onsens (japanese hot springs, so, basically no hot tubs or saunas) and no advil. "tylenol is your new best friend, if you need pain relief." i told her i didn't really like sushi, so that one wasn't a concern of mine, and she said that a few bites wouldn't hurt if there was something i was super craving. i have read about not eating soft cheeses and deli meat, and be extra careful to wash cutting boards, knives and surfaces that touch raw meat or eggs, though many people already do that. but otherwise, i think everything else is okay. obviously eat lots of fruits and veggies and, since pregnancy hormones slow down your digestive tract, making sure you're getting fiber helps some people.:thumbup:

Loobs - glad you are okay. As far as I know Af like cramps is just your body adjusting.

Jump - I just can't believe how badly you have been treated. It makes me angry some people have no empathy or compassion. How are you feeling at the moment? I know it's a stupid question and I hated it when people asked me, but now people have stopped asking it's even harder!

Pearly - I agree with jump about the food. Big no-now is anything made with unpasteurised milk, raw eggs/meat and any veg which can hold dirt or bacteria. It's so scary thinking you could eat te wrong thing!!

Jump - I just can't believe how badly you have been treated. It makes me angry some people have no empathy or compassion. How are you feeling at the moment? I know it's a stupid question and I hated it when people asked me, but now people have stopped asking it's even harder!

yeah, i am dreading dealing with them at all anymore.:growlmad: but will try to be semi-pleasant, because my husband sees them all the time. his office is 2 doors down from OB in the tiny hospital. me being a jerk would only make things awkward for him and i don't want to make him hate work any more than he already does.:shy:

i feel okay. just okay. it's not as all consuming as it was, but in the mornings, or the evenings, i get sad without warning.

when it happened, my husband sent out an email to the coworkers of his that knew we were expecting (basically all his friends on base...all "my" friends are people i knew before we got married and moved on base) basically saying, we are still reeling and will need time and understanding. we are each dealing with it in our own way and "my wife would prefer if you don't bring it up, though she may bring it up with you at a later date" because the last thing i wanted was people to bring it up unexpectedly in conversation. i would have just lost it and needed some sense of normalcy when i did venture out of the house. so, that meant all the "i'm so sorrys" and "it wasn't the right times" and "everything happens for a reasons" never got to me (which is probably a good thing) but it also means the ball is now in my court about talking about it, if i want anyone to acknowledge it.

i don't know if it's better that way, because it does set me up to possibly feel like no one remembers or cares or seems to care how i am doing...but i also am glad that it means conversations about losing babyjump are all on my own terms. a few friends know and one of them was SO annoying asking EVERY day, "how are you feeling" and i told her the answer doesn't really change from day to day (aka still sh*tty) but i would let her know when it did. she hasn't texted in about a week. feel a little bad that maybe i was harsh, but it was rough for a week or so there.:nope:

sorry, i have rambled on and on:dohh:

how are you?! do you think that getting pregnant so soon after a loss is helpful to you, in terms of moving forward? i want to get pregnant again so much, but almost feel like waiting until march (brother's wedding in september, in the states. i refuse to miss it because i'm too pregnant to fly.) is probably good for my mental/emotional well being. but i also think not getting pregnant makes me dwell a bit on having lost.:wacko: thoughts? how has the counseling gone? i'm sort of debating looking into it...it might help get all my thoughts in order...?:shrug:

also, do you have the test all wrapped and ready??:winkwink::xmas17:

I can empathise with your feelings. 7 weeks on for me and I still find myself crying for no reason. It must be so hard for you having to bring up what has happened if you want to talk about it however talking definately helps, for me anyway! Talking to the right people though, as some people are just so awkward and say all the wrong things. Do you have any friends who have been through anything similar? I think if your friend you mention is a true friend she will understand why you have reacted as you have. Maybe she is just finding it hard to know what to say.

As for me, I ahve definately found a new pregnancy is helping me look forward and not to feel life is so worthless anymore. I'm finding myself having little panics that I'll have to go through the same again but trying not to live in fear. It's completely down to when you feel it's right though, everyone is so different. For me, I just felt so empty and now I don't feel so empty as much as I'm still grieving for our baby boy.

Cousellung is helping me. I didn't like it the first time but now I'm finding it good to be able to say anything to someone completely
Non judgemental. They also know exactly what questions to ask to make you address your feelings. So I'd say for me, someone who locks up their feelings, it has really helped!

As for the test, I'm going to take a fresh one and wrap it tomorrow when hubby is at work. Scared now that it will be negative!!!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. X

Just thought I'd show you my Christmas pressie for hubby. Getting nervous now!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
that's so cute hanrh! if you are able too, try and video tape his expression! :)

NurseGinger, your profile pic made me laugh so hard the other day...so good:thumbup:

hanrh so perfect and waiting to see how ur hubby reacts:D so excited for u!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->