Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

hey guys! Its been quite a while since I've posted on this thread, had to back away from bnb for a while as it was becoming a bit overwhelming. So good to see a christmas miracle!! congrats!! Ive been trying to get myself out of the tic slump, but its just getting exhausting to try so hard and have seemingly no control of any of this craziness! still hopeful though. This cycle it took me FOREVER to ovulate, I am now 13DPO and CD57! It started out as what I thought was going to be an anovulatory cycle, but surprise, O did occur according to my temps! Not nearly as much of a spike and temp difference as I would like but its gonna count for something, right? Well anyway took a digi test about 3 days ago and it was negative :/ I feel like everybody who does test on 10DPO with a digi test and is pregnant always gets a bfp. So I guess I am pretty much awaiting AF to come within the next few days, and if she doesn't I shall test again! I have definitely been WAY more exhausted lately and a bit moody, but it seems like every month I have some new symptom so i don't wanna get my hopes up. trying to hope for the best and prepare for the worst! Trying to be a bit more positive lately about it. like not saying "if" i get pregnant, instead "when" I feel a bit odd and like I'm jinxing myself but it seems to be helping out my ttc depression.

Hanrh - that is amazing! I can't wait to hear about his reaction! X

Hi laura, sorry to hear the toll that ttc has put on you. I understand the stress and overwhelming feelings that go along with ttc. How are you feeling?

Thanks for the concern futurebabyg :) I'm feeling fine as of now, I'm usually a very optimistic person, so just trying to get back to that and not thinking every cycle is a dud. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the journey and that so many women do take a while to get their BFP!

Some times telling ourselves that a cycle is a dud is easier than getting our hopes up and having them destroyed. Everyone does it at some point when ttc takes longer than expected. We are always here for you. I hope you get your rainbow soon.

Laura, if your temp goes back up tomorrow, I'd say test! Fx for you.

And I know what you mean. I try to step away from the boards for awhile every so often, Just so I don't obsess over every little thing with ttc. But I do love the boards! It feels like a family and it's nice to have the support here!

Thanks ladies. I am literally so nervous about it and have played it out a million times in my head. I'll let you know how it goes.

Laura I'm so sorry you have been feeling so stressed with ttc. However good that you are feeling more positive now! I felt I was cheated at school, that they taught me you got pregnant after having sex once, no one ever mentioned the endless months of waiting and heartache! It will happen for you though, I found that being proactive and trying something new each month have me something to focus on (eg pineapple, a new vitamin, exercise).

I agree with Michellebelle though, although at times these boards can make you obsess more, all the women on here are so amazingly supportive. I feel so grateful I have found you all to share this roller coaster with!

Thank you all so much! Makes me happy to see all of the love <3 temp was up this morning but test was negative :/

I felt I was cheated at school, that they taught me you got pregnant after having sex once, no one ever mentioned the endless months of waiting and heartache!

YES. THIS.

i felt like they taught me nothing useful and i was putting myself through a "real" health class when i started ttc.:dohh:

Haha exactly Jumpingo!! really feeling AF cramps right now :/ it's imminent I feel

I felt I was cheated at school, that they taught me you got pregnant after having sex once, no one ever mentioned the endless months of waiting and heartache!

YES. THIS.

i felt like they taught me nothing useful and i was putting myself through a "real" health class when i started ttc.:dohh:

I was explaining to husband the small window around O where we have the chance to conceive and he was like... I can't believe all those years I was led to believe the high likelihood I could get girls pregnant by only having sex with them once!

So sorry af got you Laura! :hugs:

It's crazy how little we were taught at school - although maybe the innocence of it is nicer than the reality. I went to an all girls school and our sex ed lessons consisted of us practising how to say 'no' with conviction! HIllarious when I think back.

Does anyone have any nice plans for Christmas?

Busy days for me! Both DH and I have to work full days at work (boo!) and then parents house tonight for a party and a few more family parties tomorrow. Happy to
Have family to spend the holidays with! What about you ladies?

It is so funny looking back and remembering how terrified I was of getting pregnant so easily. Oh if only!

Hanrh, my OH and I are having a quiet Christmas day - hopefully! It's our first year living properly together although been together longer so time to make our own traditions sort of thing. What are you up to? By the way, I love your card - nearly made me cry!

Laura, sorry you have work but yay for lots of parties. Hope you have a fab time!

x

Laura that is rubbish you have to work but glad you have nice plans for tomorrow.

Tink That sounds lovely, we are having a nice quiet Christmas together too. Have you any particular new traditions?

I'm getting nervous about the card now, hubby just looked up and said he can't wait to start trying again. He literally has no idea!

Happy
Christmas everyone! (Hopefully all of our last one without our beautiful babies!) xx

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

We are having a quiet night in, finishing up wrapping pressies and watching movies. Tomorrow we are heading to my parents for Christmas lunch. My aunts and cousins will be there too so looking forward to it. There are 12 of us when we all get together, so it's a full house!

My waves of nausea and on and off cramps are continuing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->