• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ttc #1 Positive thinking buddies, sticking together. (13 BFPs, 2 angels)

I need to move back to Ontario!

arturia - it'd be great if Notley could get that passed. It would be the second good thing she's done in office since she's been voted in.... having more midwives added was the first!

I would love it if we finally reached the point that we had universal healthcare. It still blows my mind that most of the population of the United States doesn't think it's necessary to have universal healthcare. I'm just glad I have decent health insurance through my job. My DH's insurance is awful (it's basically useless) and so we opted to add him to mine and just pay the extra premium. His job was nice and gave him a small raise in exchange for dropping his insurance because it saves them several hundred dollars a month. They don't have to do that, but I'm glad they did because it helped to make up for the premium we are paying to cover him.

On other news: we've been under a lot of stress lately dealing with stuff for our inherited property (it's a long story so I won't go into it) and then two days ago I got hte news that a former student of mine hung herself (that morning). She was my student last year the previous school I taught at and was only 16. I am devestated. The funeral is tomorrow and I'll be going to show support for the family and the community. Unfortunately I thought this was all messing with my Ovulation because my temps just keep rising even though I have had flashy smiley faces for days.

However, just a few minutes ago I got a peak :) so that means I will O within the next day or two. Probably tomorrow or day after, based on current temps and my prior experience. Told DH to plan to BD today, tomorrow and Sunday no matter what. :haha:

Hopefully I can catch the egg this month and I won't have to worry about that consultation after all. :)

What terrible news about your student, angel! Also, I hope you catch the egg too, so you don't have to worry!

Over here, just waiting to O on this post-miscarriage cycle! They are so long. I've been having ewcm, but my opks have turned to negative, so the wait continues. I also took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was still positive. Sigh. I'm ready to get onto next cycle and trying again. After 3 miscarriages, I'm just hoping we get pregnant with a healthy baby soon.

Also, I had additional bloodwork done for testing bloodclotting and the mftr gene, and everything is fine, so after sooo many tests, I'm just in the unexplained miscarriages group.

So sorry it's unexplained Michelle. Have they looked into immune issues? A lot of doctors think it is hokey and not real, but I've just read too many stories to write it off as garbage. I think there really is something to it in some cases.

Michelle - So sorry to hear about so many miscarriages and that they are unexplained. :( I don't even know what to recommend or say. :hugs:

AF showed today for me. On to cycle #13. But I have my first re appointment on Sunday I'm excited and nervous of that

Just finishing up our cruise. Not sure where I am in my cycle, just kind of taking it easy. We've been told we should be hearing from the RE at the earliest in April, though it will probably be more likely in May or June, as that's when we hit 1 year of trying. Still tracking AF though, so I can always give them an accurate LMP for when we do see them.

Sorry about AF Angel. How are you doing swimmy?

How's your cruise going abennion? I've been thinking about trying a cruise, but not sure if DH and I would really like it. We're not really the kind of people that like to vacation around a lot of other people. :haha:

Today, we are having a frustrating day. My car is acting up and DH is working on it but something broke and now he's frustrated and I'm frustrated because he's so frustrated. :dohh: What a day. And horrible timing for my car to break. We've got so much to do this weekend we didn't really have "fixing my car" in the mix. But I've managed to clean the kitchen, do laundry and clean the bathroom and bedroom. Still have a lot to do but that's something done at least.

On TTC news: AF as been really light this time around, despite the insane cramping from when it started. Ever since then it's been easy and light and I almost didn't realize I had it! Today it's so light it's almost spotting!

The cruise has been fantastic. Weather was terrible in the Bahamas and Mexico, but I'm glad we decided not to do excursions there. We climbed Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica and it was exhilarating. I did slip on some algae and fall, but luckily we weren't in the middle of climbing a hard part, and I just fell into one of the pools. We also swam with stingrays in the Grand Cayman Islands, and boy was that an experience! I never realized how smooth stingrays were!

The food has been probably the best part though. Surprisingly the buffet has had better food than the restaurants. I get dessert crepes every night! I am itching to be back home though. I don't like being too far from work, where things creep up and nothing gets done. I'm sure it will be a stressful week when I am back just trying to get everything under control again.

That's odd that its been so light this month, I know mine has been too. Three days of light flow followed by one day of nothing and then some spotting on day five. Hopefully you can get your car fixed before tomorrow! DH was upset with me before we left because I insisted the whole house be clean before we left. Took us a good 6-7 hours to clean it top to bottom. It'll be refreshing coming home to no dishes and a clean house though :) Are you excited for your appointment? Nervous?

Attachments

• Stingray City - Adina Edit.jpg
    Stingray City - Adina Edit.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 5
abennion - I think i went on the same cruise areas as you for my honeymoon lol. Climbing the falls was a lot of fun, my DH of course wanted to go up the really hard way away from the group it was so slippery lol. We did scuba diving at all the other areas sense I'm certified and love it! Sting rays feel so cool! we have sting ray touch pools at the zoo by my house. They feel a lot like sharks do. Glad you had such a good time!

AFM - my grandpa is being started on hospice today. I'm trying to get things changed around at work so I can get home asap but I probably won't be able to make it until Thursday afternoon. I was able to go and see him last weekend when he was more lucid and he was so excited about me being pregnant and just being the loving wonderful man he always has been for me. It's heart braking to get updates from my nana how poorly he is doing. I just want him to be comfortable and not suffer anymore. Nice thing about being a nurse is I've found his doctors really listen when I brought up hospice and made it happen quickly.

That cruise sounds amazing. I think I'll have to look at one maybe for my next anniversary.

We managed to get the car fixed. Thankfully my BIL came over And between the two of them they got it working. I'm so relieved!

I'm nervous about tomorrow but a little excited to finally be on the right path to being able to get some answers.

Swimmyj- sorry to hear about your grandpa :hugs: that must be so hard. I hope they can make him comfortable

I had my RE appointment today. I really like the clinic we are going to. They were so nice, very personable. The doctor is very kind, and didn't at all brush anything I said off and provided us with lots of information, which I really appreciate.

We will start doing tests next cycle. I'm going to have a very very busy month of April. I have to call on CD1 and then go on CD3 to have ultrasound (to look at lining thickness) and to do hormone tests. Then I call the radiology department and schedule a dye test to look at my uterus and make sure tubes are open and uterus shape is okay. This sounds incredibly painful and not at all pleasant (they warned me that some women say it's just like painful cramps, but other women have said it felt like childbirth without an epidural). Then I go back around CD12-18 somewhere to look at follicles and lining and hormone testing and then once I Ov I go back again to check hormones again.

Basically, this next cycle will be very busy. After that we can make some decisions about what needs to be done. He said that his concern right now isn't infertility but with recurrent losses because I've had 2 chemicals. This actually was relieving to hear because my previous doctor just brushed aside my CPs as not a big deal, and that really bothered me.

So I can't go in and start testing until next cycle (sucks because I'm at CD4-5 today and he said I missed starting the testing by about 2 days because they are very time sensitive tests) but DH can have his analysis done at any time so he'll prob go in a couple weeks and take care of that. I feel so relieved just to have someone else watching my cycle and help us! And they are there literally 7 days a week because they know that a woman can't control their cycle so I can literally call any day.

Angel that RE sounds amazing! That is so great they are open 7 days a week and doing so many tests. I had a dye test done, it wasn't comfortable but wasn't horrible either. I took some Tylenol before hand and it doesn't last very long so that's a comfort, my office had pads there but I recommend bringing one with you.

My grandpa died a few nights ago ... It doesn't seem real yet. He was so involved in my life, swim meets, pta meetings, went with me to pick out my wedding dress. My nana is being so strong and comforting everyone else I don't know how she's doing it. Going home Thursday to see everyone.

I've been pretty quiet as I've been waiting for AF to show, but wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your grandpa, swimmy. It's so hard to lose someone so close to you. :hugs:

So sorry about your g'pa, Swimmy. I hope you're holding up okay. :hugs: I think it's nice that he got to hear that you're expecting a little one before he passed.

How is everyone holding up? I feel like this thread just died.

Going for my LEEP next week. Told DH I would take a test before we went just in case, but chances are it'll be a BFN. Still laying low on this end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->