TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Next question-where does the oestrogen come from??? Is it related to ovarian eggs?? If an egg is produced, the lining thickens???? In IVF-the more eggs, the thicker the lining???? Is this correct or no??

Hmm, hope you don't mind all the questions. You can send me a bill if you like!!! :rofl:!!!!

Hope you're having a great day!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey! No bill, this one's on me :winkwink:. But I'll have to dredge my old bag memory to see if I can get the hormone side of it right.

Basically, at the start of a cycle the pituitary gland secretes Follicle Stimulating Hormone/FSH so that the egg will mature within the ovary and the ovary will start to produce oestrogen - so the oestrogen actually comes from the ovary itself. Oestrogen then stops FSH so only one egg matures (you can see mature follicles on ultrasound, usually one of the ovaries has a bigger follicle - the dominant follicle) and then also stimulates the pituitary to release LH/Luteinising Hormone as well as causing the endometrium to start thickening up. LH causes the dominant follicle to release the egg.
LH causes the corpus luteum to develop from the ruptured follicle which then produces progesterone to support the thickening endometrium.
I think that's right...feel free to correct me anyone!

Hope that helps Dwrgi! :hugs::flower:

Thank you, it does. You're brilliant!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Carole,
Glad you found my beta post. I had two others done that week. I think my next one was 775 a few days later and then 2500 maybe? Will you get consecutive betas before your scan? Also, just to warn you that at 5 weeks 6 days, they saw 2 separate sacs, but no fetal pole or HB until a week later at almost 7 weeks. It was a horrible week, waiting. Is your scan on Thursday? If you will be less than 5 weeks, it is normal to only see the sacs. I just don't want to to be alarmed if they can't see more. I have my fingers crossed for you.

For those jealous about our beach vacation, I'm sick in bed today. ;( I had to force my husband outside so he could enjoy this gorgeous weather. We did find a lovely brunch spot this morning on the garden patio of a charming guest house with live acoustic music & delicious vegan food. The place had a very beachy Bohemian vibe. ;)

Lava - sorry you're feeling poorly - hope you feel better soon & can enjoy the beach :hugs:

HA - I'm sorry the film turned out to be so traumatic - people really do have no idea! We should have our own banned list! :nope:

I was feeling really proud of myself yesterday - I survived a trip into both Toys R Us and Mothercare to buy work stuff, however I then ran into a girl I know from work with her 2 month old baby and only just managed to get home before I lost it. :cry:

Purple - our opinions/advice are just that OURS - you should do exactly what is best for you!! :hugs:

Hi ladies -

I'm really sorry I can't comment on all the exciting things going on in here right now (we're on our way out the door) but I needed to share another movie warning with you all -

DH and I saw The Help last night, and there's a character in the film who's had recurrent mc and she has a pretty graphic mc shown in the film. I had not read the book and had NO idea it was coming, and I went into a full-blown panic attack in the theater. I'm kind of pissed off that of all my friends and family who've read and/or seen it, NONE of them thought to mention that to me. I'd even talked with lots of people (who all know about our losses) in recent weeks about how I was dying to go see it and hadn't yet! So, if you're prone to being upset over pregnancy/infertility/loss surprises in movies, save The Help for a rental so you can fall apart in the privacy of your own home.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Honestly, it was so bad that my nightmares returned last night - I had finally gotten back to sleeping well again after this last mc until then.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone. :flower:

Lava - sorry you're feeling poorly - hope you feel better soon & can enjoy the beach :hugs:

HA - I'm sorry the film turned out to be so traumatic - people really do have no idea! We should have our own banned list! :nope:

I was feeling really proud of myself yesterday - I survived a trip into both Toys R Us and Mothercare to buy work stuff, however I then ran into a girl I know from work with her 2 month old baby and only just managed to get home before I lost it. :cry:

Purple - our opinions/advice are just that OURS - you should do exactly what is best for you!! :hugs:

Ladies i want to send you extra big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: it breaks my heart that any of us have to go through this!!!!

Lava i am sorry your feeling ill, i sure hope it gets over with quicky and you feel better

Carole, i am telling you i think its twins, when you posted with those numbers thats what popped into my head, i so cannot wait until you get the scan!!

To all my beautiful ladies i am sending you lots of love and hugs!!!

AFM AF is FINALLY showing, so tomorrow will be day one, as she is still not full flow today. The only thing i hope does not happen is that they want me to come in for the blood draw and u/s on tues, as i already have that appt with the MFM that morning. I need to get through tues, and then saturday for the mammogram, and then i have to get DH in for his blood work and SA. I did not make the appt for him just yet, i figured why have him go in if the MFM stops us and says we cant do the IVF. If they give me clearance to go ahead then i will get DH in, so hopefully by the end of the month we will be able to sit down and talk to the doctor about the IVF, i really wish i was starting it this cycle, but with the tests we have to do, i am figuring it will be the end of october or november before we get to do the donor IVF. One good thing was i talked to my mom the other night, and she seemed like she was a bit reserved when we were talking about the IVF cycle, i hung up with her, but called her back and said "Give me your honest answer, are you upset we are going to use donor eggs" and she said no not at all, she said i am just staying even keel, i dont want to get excited only to have it not work. That made me feel so much better that my whole family is all for the donor eggs, now if i could just get to that point lol. Dang i thought the TWW was bad lol, this is going to be a Two Month wait lol.

I love all you ladies, and i am sooooooooo very thankful that i am blessed to have your support and love through all of this. I know when we start the whole IVF process, i will feel just like PadBrad, absolutly excited and scared shitless all at the same time lol, it will be wonderful to have all of you ladies right with me on this journey!! :hugs:

dear Twinkle - massive :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: - it's moments like that, that really get to you isn't it. big loves xxx

OMM - yay for AF - not very often we can say that! but at least she's here and you can on with all your appointments. hope everything goes smoothly this week and that the doctors are nice and explain everything, and then you can on with baby making!! big :hugs: to you xx

Hello everybody! Morning!! Bleurgh... Monday morning-don't you just hate them?? Hope you are all well!!

So sorry Lava to hear that you are poorly-I hope that you feel better soon. I am sure that your DH is taking very good care of you! Where have you gone on holiday?? xx

Twinkle, oh dear, I so feel for you and am exactly in the same boat. I just thought 'It's just never going to happen to me' and then I almost lost it in the Marks and Spencers queue. We have to remain positive. I have read so many things about women saying that they have got to mentally believe that they CAN conceive-it's like the longer we try the longer we convince ourselves that it won't happen and it then becomes a vicious circle. We hear so many stories of it only takes one egg, and it does. So, let's will that one egg to happen!! Big :hugs: to you hun!

Chris-it is a complete pain having to wait for these tests, but think of it as a chance to really get your head around the donor egg issue. It is a huge issue, and you have to feel comfortable with it. A friend of mine said that in the UK (worldwide?) that as a parent of a donor egg/sperm child, we are legally obliged to inform our child that they come from donor origins. Is this true?? So, not only do we have to get ourselves around the issue, but we have to consider all the ethical issues too...... For me, I felt a huge hurdle about IVF, and now I don't think two hoots about it. I know with time, and if I have no choice, I shall also feel the same about DE, but it's having the time to process all the info., and to get 'used' to it. Don't hurry this hun, so take this month as a meant to be month for preparing yourself further for it. So glad that AF showed at last so that you can get started with everything!

Girls, how do you reply to a post, but only a part of a post??? I see that others are experts at this, but clearly I'm special needs!!

Lots of love to you all! Let's WILL our BFPs to happen, girls!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hey Ladies,

Lava thanks for the info and really hope you kick the cold soon. Plenty of vit C and hot water with a piece of ginger and lemon in. As for my scan I should be 6 weeks if you count my cycle as a 28 day but normally I am only 26 days so I really don't know how they would date me. All confusing but I guess I will find out Thursday.

Twinkle my heart goes out to you honey, life is so cruel at times and I know just how much it hurts and how you feel that happiness is out of your reach but keep believing that it will come your way and soon. I will be keeping you in my prayers:hugs:

Dwrgi you make me smile so much with the special needs comment and no it is not obvious. Just hit the quote button and then select the text that you don't want to keep and hit delete.

OMM I am counting down the days for the scan as want to know for sure but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he said there were 2 in there. I took some pics of my bump last night on my BB so will have to download them and psost for your comments. Bad pics as I was standing in front of the mirror but it will give you an idea of growing bump at 5 weeks 3 days.

Take care all and will catch you all later :hugs:

Hello everybody! Morning!! Bleurgh... Monday morning-don't you just hate them?? Hope you are all well!!

So sorry Lava to hear that you are poorly-I hope that you feel better soon. I am sure that your DH is taking very good care of you! Where have you gone on holiday?? xx

Twinkle, oh dear, I so feel for you and am exactly in the same boat. I just thought 'It's just never going to happen to me' and then I almost lost it in the Marks and Spencers queue. We have to remain positive. I have read so many things about women saying that they have got to mentally believe that they CAN conceive-it's like the longer we try the longer we convince ourselves that it won't happen and it then becomes a vicious circle. We hear so many stories of it only takes one egg, and it does. So, let's will that one egg to happen!! Big :hugs: to you hun!

Chris-it is a complete pain having to wait for these tests, but think of it as a chance to really get your head around the donor egg issue. It is a huge issue, and you have to feel comfortable with it. A friend of mine said that in the UK (worldwide?) that as a parent of a donor egg/sperm child, we are legally obliged to inform our child that they come from donor origins. Is this true?? So, not only do we have to get ourselves around the issue, but we have to consider all the ethical issues too...... For me, I felt a huge hurdle about IVF, and now I don't think two hoots about it. I know with time, and if I have no choice, I shall also feel the same about DE, but it's having the time to process all the info., and to get 'used' to it. Don't hurry this hun, so take this month as a meant to be month for preparing yourself further for it. So glad that AF showed at last so that you can get started with everything!

Girls, how do you reply to a post, but only a part of a post??? I see that others are experts at this, but clearly I'm special needs!!

Lots of love to you all! Let's WILL our BFPs to happen, girls!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Your right honey, i need to just relax and take it step by step, as for the DE, i am completly ok with it now, the pluses just add up way too much for me to try and use my eggs, i want a baby, and this baby will still be mine in every way shape and form. As for having to tell them here in the US honestly i am not sure i guess we will find that out eventually when we get more into the donor program, i will let you know what they say, i too have thought about that, my feeling is i wont say anything, after all it will be my baby, but if they say you have to tell them well then that does present another problem. For now i am just going to go with the tests, and see what the doctor says, heck miracles do happen right, maybe the doc will see my numbers and go ohhhhh you have to use your eggs all your numbers are fantastic lol.

Hey Girls :)))

Keeka that was a very knowledgable explanation well done and thank u :))

Lava sorry that u are not well hon. What's up just the cold? Dunno if ginger and honey is an option where you are in the heath?

Amanda and Twinks lot's of hugs on the melt down. Children's shops and happy families with cute kids are especially tough. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Carole are you getting betas checked every other day? Basically they almost double untill approx 2000 every other day. But if yours is more than doubling than it is likely that you might be having twins. BTW what Lava wrote down is so true. Don't expect a heartbeat. If you do see it it's great, if not honestly don't panick. I had a complete nervous weekend about Beta's doubling and Lava had one about the heartbeat. So better wait for 7+ weeks to see everything in place. Good Luck sweetie. Looking fwd to the bump photos :) hahahha. I was quite swollen from OHSS when I found out but I think more or less everyone else had a bit of a small tummy at 6 weeks. Like if you've eaten a big Sunday lunch :)) And I started on maternity wear quite early on at 10 weeks or so. Before that it was tights and lose tops and dresses. Dunno what u would wear in the heath of Bahrain :))

Lois I'm so glad that they are hurrying your blood work. Good idea that you are not running around for Betas which is stressful. Lot's of good lucks and sticky dust. xxx

Amanda you were talking about the meds a few days ago if I remember correctly. My dr switched between Fostimon and Merionol daily depending on my blood results. One of them raised FSH while the other raised Eastrogen more. And I think I used Pregnyl for the trigger.

Chris I'm glad you have the full support of your family. This baby will be your blood and flesh no matter where that 1 egg cell came from :))

AFM I went to my IVF clinic for a full blood count. (Just to check the blood thinners are not making me anemic I think) My father in law was here and going back to Manchester today so we hopped on a taxi to take him to Euston station than to my clinic which is close by. Anyway when I told the adress to the driver, he said "U r going to ARGC, right?" I said "How do you know?" And he said he had his twins with them who were now 5. He must have been there 6 years ago :))))) Than he started telling me how he used to argue with her wife out of nothing while they TTC . They had 3 IVFs before elsewhere and the 4th one worked with ARGC. The problem was with him so he was doubting himself in the end and it became a very very stressful period of his life. I said "I know exactly what you are talking about :))" Than he talked about their friends who went through a lot of heartache mcs etc. And they went for donor eggs finally after a looong struggle. And now she was pregnant for 5 months and finally they were very happy (CHris :winkwink: )))) He said that infertility and IVf is tough and you need a good support with each other and steely nerves.

It was so refreshing to hear all this from a man I didn't even know. I really felt great afterwards. :)

Other than that I am taking it easy. Actually the bump forces me to it a bit anyway. I can't do marathon walking or running around anymore as much. Everything has suddenly slowed down the last few weeks as my muscles and joints feel more lose.

That's all for now xxxx

HA sounds like a complete nightmare from hell to watch that movie after what you've gone through. Funny yor friend's wouldn't mention anything but I guess people don't realise all this unless they have actually experienced it themseles. We watched a TV series with DH right after I lost my dad. It was getting more and more dark towards the end of the series. I told him I don't wanna watch it cause it was upsetting me but he insited that I carried on since the ending was the real surprise. Guess what? There was a man being executed with very graphic scene in the end. And I completely flipped cause I was having nightmares at the time anyway. I remember breaking the DVD in pieces while DH was completely shocked at my behaviour. (I was there when dad died and it was awful)
Even the nearest and dearset don't get it sometimes :shrug: :hugs::hugs:

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

HA - my heart goes out to you. What a totally unpleasant surprise to have. Although you weren't told, we all thank you for the warning here so we won't be caught off guard. :hugs: to you.

Twinkle - :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you.

skye - now that is a nice thing to experience....I'm sure that brought you comfort..... I fully believe everything happens for a reason and you were meant to have that taxi driver! :flower: As far as slowing down - I was a snail to begin with, I don't think I can get any slower, so you being active is wonderful!

omm - any way that baby gets here is a blessing and meant to be. It WILL happen, so take all the help you need and we are praying for you. donor eggs, your eggs, who cares, in the end, you will have a snuggly little bean to call your own. :flower::flower:

butterfly, how are you dear? Glad you can get cheap flights to get where you need to for O.

4ever - how was your weekend, you ok? waiting to hear on your results tomorrow.

Hi Purple, dwrgi, FM, Mac, despie, carol, pradbat, and all my other friends I have missed.....many :hugs: and :dust: to you all!

Here's my 18 week bump pic I took this morning, by the way.... poppy is popping out! :happydance:

Attachments

• DSC00754.jpg
    DSC00754.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 16
Hi Ladies!

HA - my heart goes out to you. What a totally unpleasant surprise to have. Although you weren't told, we all thank you for the warning here so we won't be caught off guard. :hugs: to you.

skye - now that is a nice thing to experience....I'm sure that brought you comfort..... I fully believe everything happens for a reason and you were meant to have that taxi driver! :flower: As far as slowing down - I was a snail to begin with, I don't think I can get any slower, so you being active is wonderful!

omm - any way that baby gets here is a blessing and meant to be. It WILL happen, so take all the help you need and we are praying for you. donor eggs, your eggs, who cares, in the end, you will have a snuggly little bean to call your own. :flower::flower:

butterfly, how are you dear? Glad you can get cheap flights to get where you need to for O.

Hi Purple, dwrgi, FM, Mac, despie, carol, pradbat, and all my other friends I have missed.....many :hugs: and :dust: to you all!

Here's my 18 week bump pic I took this morning, by the way.... poppy is popping out! :happydance:

Thanks so much for the prayers, i really appreciate them, and your right, donor egg or not this will be my baby, and i am so excited to be able to feel everything while carrying the baby!! awwwww i love your pic, you look beautiful and yes poppy is defiantly popping out.

Beth, lovely looking bump :hugs::hugs:

Chris, good luck with the tests tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: everyone else

AFM I think I have decided to leave here for good at the end of next month and go back to the UK. It's just not felt right since I have got here and I will have a much better chance of getting my :baby: if I go back. So now I just need to sort everything out.

awww Lava - get well soon!

Hey ya Skye... yes chill out chick... baby is telling you to do so!

Carole... got everything crossed for a lovely double surprise at you scan!

OMM... got my prescription and drug schedule through from Cyrpus tonight....OOOOO AM CRAPPING MYSELF! So here it is ladies for those much more experienced than I to dissect and advise me!:

PROGYNOVA 2MG TABS - 2 tabs first 3 days, then 4 for 3 days then 6 for 15 days

BUSERELIN INJ - 0.5ml for 17 days then 0.25 ml for 12 days

CYCLOGEST PESSARIES 400mg - 3 times a day for 7 days

wow that is a lot of progesterone... before when I had cyclogest I had it 2 times a day... never had the rest of it. The Dr is also sending me a prescription for predisone as well.... and I start my Hep as of the tx...

So I start my injections on the 23rd Sep and take my pill until the 29th Sep, start the prognova on the 10th Oct, ultrasound on the 17th Oct, travel to Cyrpus on 23rd Oct and ET on the 27th Oct.... gulp....

gulp gulp... am scared...help ladies....

Hi Ladies!

Thanks NMG--You look great and glowing! Thanks for sharing the picture.

I think I'm out this time around...AF is here, though my RE wants me to wait to get my test back tomorrow before saying anything definitive...it feels awfully definitive to me though! Anyway, totally bummed, but at the same time grateful that I have the insurance that will allow me to continue the process.

Thanks! :)
Stacy

awww crap Forever!! Pants news.. thank heavens you have insurance... we don't and so this will be a one shot thing for us...

Beth great piccy!

I think I'm out this time around...AF is here, though my RE wants me to wait to get my test back tomorrow before saying anything definitive...it feels awfully definitive to me though! Anyway, totally bummed, but at the same time grateful that I have the insurance that will allow me to continue the process.

Thanks! :)
Stacy

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

So sorry to hear Forever...please keep me posted for sure!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

forever- that's just pooh! I am hoping for a miracle for you though xxx

HA - did you sleep better last night?? I really hope so xxx

OMM - I will be thinking of you tomorrow - good luck xxx

NMG - you look fab and what a lovely bump, thank you for sharing xxx

wooly - are you there hun?? hope you are feeling well xx

skye - how lovely to meet that taxi driver - it was fate! glad you are getting some (enforced) rest xxx

carole - good luck with your scan, I am so excited for you xxx

padbrat - ohh, hun, this had GOT to be your turn, I wish I could advice you on the meds but I am clueless, however I would advise you to take the prednisolone in the mornings if possible, as it can keep you awake at night time xxx

bearlake - how are you holding up? thinking of you xxx

Butterfly - sounds like have a big move planned, were you always planning to move to the UK once you were pregnant anyway? are you from the UK anyway (if you don't mind me asking.) I wish you luck in all your preparations xxx

twinkle - have you recovered a little from your horrid experience?? I know how you feel, cos a big part of my work is seeing pregnant ladies and cute toddlers and having to smile and chat - its so hard to keep composed xxxx

despie and keekee - big :hugs: ladies

Dwrgi - did I miss your post before or is it this wednesday that you are hearing from IVF wales?? sorry If I've missed it. oh and your special needs comment made me laugh - it's you age dear! (only kidding) xxx

never FM, and northstar - how are you ladies doing?

LL - congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Happy and healthy 9 months xx

ok - I am sure Im missing people. will have to pop back and have a check in a min.

afm, I think Im doing ok, although had a tiny woble but inside today when on of our receptionists came to show me her daughters scan pic - she is 14 weeks and this is her (my colleagues) first grandchild - so understandably she is very excited, I managed to keep my composure and smile and say congrats etc. then I deep breathed my way to the bathroom. I feel better though now, it's been quite chaotic at work as a new computer system is being installed, so it's taking my mind off things :)

huge :hugs: and :dust: for you all xxxx

forever- that's just pooh! I am hoping for a miracle for you though xxx

HA - did you sleep better last night?? I really hope so xxx

OMM - I will be thinking of you tomorrow - good luck xxx

NMG - you look fab and what a lovely bump, thank you for sharing xxx

wooly - are you there hun?? hope you are feeling well xx

skye - how lovely to meet that taxi driver - it was fate! glad you are getting some (enforced) rest xxx

carole - good luck with your scan, I am so excited for you xxx

padbrat - ohh, hun, this had GOT to be your turn, I wish I could advice you on the meds but I am clueless, however I would advise you to take the prednisolone in the mornings if possible, as it can keep you awake at night time xxx

bearlake - how are you holding up? thinking of you xxx

Butterfly - sounds like have a big move planned, were you always planning to move to the UK once you were pregnant anyway? are you from the UK anyway (if you don't mind me asking.) I wish you luck in all your preparations xxx

twinkle - have you recovered a little from your horrid experience?? I know how you feel, cos a big part of my work is seeing pregnant ladies and cute toddlers and having to smile and chat - its so hard to keep composed xxxx

despie and keekee - big :hugs: ladies

Dwrgi - did I miss your post before or is it this wednesday that you are hearing from IVF wales?? sorry If I've missed it. oh and your special needs comment made me laugh - it's you age dear! (only kidding) xxx

never and northstar - how are you ladies doing?

LL - congratulations!! I am so happy for you. Happy and healthy 9 months xx

ok - I am sure Im missing people. will have to pop back and have a check in a min.

afm, I think Im doing ok, although had a tiny woble but inside today when on of our receptionists came to show me her daughters scan pic - she is 14 weeks and this is her (my colleagues) first grandchild - so understandably she is very excited, I managed to keep my composure and smile and say congrats etc. then I deep breathed my way to the bathroom. I feel better though now, it's been quite chaotic at work as a new computer system is being installed, so it's taking my mind off things :)

huge :hugs: and :dust: for you all xxxx

Thanks so much

Hugs to you!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"