TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

My hamster died :cry: I know she wasn't much of a fur baby- she was only tiny, she bit & she was a bit mad, but she was the only one I had :cry:

Hi guys and so sorry to be doom and gloom! Have just spoken to IVF Wales, and they refuse to even meet for a consultation before January. I explained all the usual stuff, age, amh, etc. but no budging at all. I have to phone back in January to organise a consult and then treatment would begin a few months after that.

What I found so frustrating is that I said that I felt time was slipping by, that I just wanted a consult at this stage, etc. but no can do. What is wrong with these people???

The only other option is Cardiff Spire and London's Women Clinic in Cardiff and they are both about £2000 dearer than IVF Wales and CRGW.

I could scream-once again!

Sorry for the vent, needed to get it out...

Love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Purple,
Is today your scan day? I'm thinking of you.

We have our 20 week anatomy scan this afternoon & I didn't sleep a wink. I'm hoping all is well with the babies & we can get confirmation of gender today.

I will catch up more carefully on everyone's posts this evening.

Love to everyone.

Dwrgi,
We cross posted. I am sorry you can't get into IVF Wales for a consult before the new year. I know you ere anxious, but you do have time. I know that it feels like you don't, but three months is worth it to have the best chance possible for a baby. The clinic sounds very successful & in demand. What a blessing that you do have an opportunity to do your treatment there. One thought ... Could you have your test results from another clinic transferred to them so you can speed up the process just a bit once you do get in?

Dwrgi - sorry IVF Wales are not being helpful - is it worth asking them if they can let you know if they have any cancellations?

Lava - hope the scan goes well this afternoon - looking forward to seeing if you know what flavour the babies will be!

My hamster died :cry: I know she wasn't much of a fur baby- she was only tiny, she bit & she was a bit mad, but she was the only one I had :cry:

I'm so sorry, hun, I think our posts crossed. Oh bless, I bet you are really upset, I would be too. God, it never rains but it pours, does it??

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you hun,
Axxxxxx

Thanks Skye and Bear...there's always next cycle for me. I'm grateful for that.

Twinkle--it doesn't matter how little the furball was--it's still tough. Sorry to hear you had to suffer that loss :(

Dwrgi--Hang in there...the red tape is terrible, but hopefully it will all work out and be in perfect synchronization with your body :)

So, I have had the heaviest flow ever in the last 24 hours (and I've historically had a healthy flow). To add insult to injury, my nurse said I need to keep taking my Crinone (vaginal suppository) and come in for my blood test this morning. The usually 45 minute drive took an hour and 15 minutes (even though I left before 6 am). When I got there they got me right in, which was great, but due to my lousy veins, it took FOUR attempts to draw blood. I look like I have been accosted :p

Anyway, even though I'm sure it's all for naught, I'll be grateful that I have the resources to go through this process, even the unpleasant parts (which most of it is, isn't it ladies?).

Thanks for listening. :)

Twinkle...I loved my little hamster so much too so I understand completely...little fur babies but big hearts :hugs:
Bearlake....hang in there!
4Ever...Still rooting for you...keep going girl, it WILL happen!!!

To all of you thanks for the good wishes and many many :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dwrgi-:hugs: I know you must be super frusturated and you feel like time is running out but it isn't I agree that it will be worth the wait for the clinc that is going to give you the best opportunity of getting you bfp. Try to use the next couple of months ofcourse to try naturally and to maybe prepare for January. I know it must be hard but I just know the wait will be worth it.

Lava- I'm so excited for you can't wait to hear the news about your scan.

Twinkle :hugs:

4Ever- Sorry af got you but I love your positive attitude.

Pad- Fx for you and anything else that can be crossed. I can't wait for you to get your sticky bean and forever baby!

HA, Purple, OMM, Skye,never *waving really hard*

AFM- just waiting on my appointment next Tuesday, let the countdown begin.

Aww Twinkle - doesn't matter if it's a hamster or a horse it's still hard :cry:. So sorry to hear about that.

Dwrgi - that's so frustrating! But agree with the others, maybe ask about a cancellation and you never know. I was told at my appointment in December that my op to start my breast recon would be in the Spring and they rang in Jan and asked if I could go in the following week! So if they know you can go in at short notice...? FX'd for you.

Lava - can't wait to hear about your anomaly scan. Woohoo! Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy or Boy/Girl - so exciting :happydance:.

I think I have a bit of post-ov depression. Either that or the fact the cat had me up in the night with vomiting and diarrhoea :sick:. Blerk. Gross, but if I want a bundle of joy I suppose it's good preparation! Always look on the bright side, eh?

*waves at all the other lovely ladies* :hi:. Everyone's going through so much sh1t that it makes me feel sad....but then I look at how positive you all are. Inspirational, and something I'm trying to perfect :thumbup:.

Love to y'all!

Oh honey - I am so sorry. :hugs::hugs: A furbaby is a furbaby, and we love them all no matter how crazy they are. :hugs::hugs:

Hi guys and so sorry to be doom and gloom! Have just spoken to IVF Wales, and they refuse to even meet for a consultation before January. I explained all the usual stuff, age, amh, etc. but no budging at all. I have to phone back in January to organise a consult and then treatment would begin a few months after that.

What I found so frustrating is that I said that I felt time was slipping by, that I just wanted a consult at this stage, etc. but no can do. What is wrong with these people???

The only other option is Cardiff Spire and London's Women Clinic in Cardiff and they are both about £2000 dearer than IVF Wales and CRGW.

I could scream-once again!

Sorry for the vent, needed to get it out...

Love to you all,
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That is so frustrating!!! :grr: Would it be helpful to go have a consult at one of the other clinics in the meantime, just to see if they had any input? Oh, and I meant to post the other day to say hello to Jo for me (obviously too late now :dohh:). I'm glad you had a good lunch. I had hoped to meet up with MissyT a few months back when she was going to be in my area for work, but I had to be out of town while she was here. (And now she's disappeared from BnB, too... miss you, Missy!)

4ever, I am so sorry. :hugs: The really heavy flow after a treatment really is insult to injury. I kind of put my foot down when I started treatments and told my clinic I wasn't coming in for any betas when I know I'm not pregnant - this business is emotional enough without unnecessary tests on top of it. How soon before you'll be able to start a new treatment cycle? Does your clinic make you sit one out first?

Slightly off topic here, but related to your lousy veins comment - I have really good veins in my R arm arm and really lousy veins in the L, so everyone always draws from my R arm... as a result, it is covered in needle scars right inside my elbow - I look like a junkie! I used to donate blood regularly which made it even worse, because the blood donation needles are pretty big. (I can't donate anymore because of mad cow disease - moo, dammit. <-- that's me being a mad cow. :haha: I lived in Europe too long and at the wrong time, so now the American Red Cross doesn't like me.) But now the phlebotomist at the clinic knows my scars well enough that she kindly uses the butterfly needles on me so as not to make the problem worse.

Keekee, I completely :rofl: at the designer vagina thing!

Lou, keep us posted on your news today. :hugs:

AFM, my drugs arrived this morning and I'm supposed to start stimming this evening. The movie incident still had me pretty shaken up so I called and spoke to my counselor yesterday - my concern was, does my reaction to the movie incident indicate I'm not ready to start treatment again so soon after a mc, that I need more time to heal? Or is it just that a really upsetting scene got me all worked up for a while because it hit so close to home? She told me to just go with my gut today, and if the thought of shooting up this evening still seemed upsetting then don't do it - sitting out one more month isn't going to mean anything bad. So I still haven't decided what to do.... :shrug: I definitely felt better yesterday than I did Sunday. I'm kind of ambivalent today. Maybe I'll just toss a coin at 9p tonight and let it decide for me!

In the meantime, I'll be busy reading all day - a new neighborhood book club is starting up tonight, and my book just arrived in the mail a few minutes ago! I have to go tear through a couple chapters so I'm ready for this evening. :wacko: Have a lovely day, ladies, and I'll check in later to see what's happened....

:flower::flower::flower::flower:

Dwrgi - that's so frustrating! But agree with the others, maybe ask about a cancellation and you never know. I was told at my appointment in December that my op to start my breast recon would be in the Spring and they rang in Jan and asked if I could go in the following week! So if they know you can go in at short notice...? FX'd for you.

Are you a breast cancer survivor and I missed that info somewhere along the line?? WOW. My hat is off to you, Keekee. :howdy:

Are you a breast cancer survivor and I missed that info somewhere along the line?? WOW. My hat is off to you, Keekee. :howdy:

I sure am...and thank you! :blush: Next month is my 40th and it'll also be my 2 year cancerversary :happydance:. I was told Dec 2010 that the treatment had possibly made me menopausal, as you can imagine I was pretty upset and ended up coming off my treatment in April 2011. Well AF came back with a bang a month later to my surprise and delight (I've never been so happy to see the :witch:) and now I'm just trying to get used to my new cycle and don't know if I'm able to conceive naturally just yet but we're first cycle TTC so who knows? Not sure what we'll do if it doesn't happen naturally. And weirdly, it feels more stressful than being diagnosed and treated for breast cancer...so I also take my hat off to all you lovely ladies who've been trying for a long time and those who are going through assisted conception/IVF. This place never fails to make me smile!

HA- go with your gut instinct! If you don't feel ready don't rush it! Either way I'm rooting for you!!!

KeeKee- *waving*

Oh my..... where to start!

Twinkle - I am so so sorry about the loss of your furbaby. It doesn't matter waht size they are, the have a place in hearts.

Dwrgi - waht a dissappointment about IVF wales. I am so hoping that it sorts itself out for you

HA - I am glad you are feeling better, hope you are sleeping ok. and good luck with your choice about starting the meds or not.

lava - waiting in anticipation for your results. :D

keekee - wow, what a rollercoaster you have had. that treatment is so tough, my friend is going through chemo at that moment. it's a horible side effect that it may affect fertility - I hope that's not the case for you

HI FM - how are you doing?

never and wooly - are you lurking, I miss you both!

skye - Im being calm today thank you xx I hope you are resting plenty!

NMG - there is little face with blocked out eyes and if you hightlight what you wnt to hide and click it, you'll make a spoiler (in case you needed to know) hope you are still feeling good.

forever - I am so so so sorry hun. the heavy bleeding is just insult to injury. please be kind to youself and treat yourself today!

bearlake - bah!! I am reallly really hoping that it was just too early for testing and that hcg level was too low today.

carole - is it scan day today?? or tomorrow?? hope it all goes well

I know Im missing people and also that there are loads of speeling mistakes, sorry sorry sorry... Im on a laptop and the keyboard is a bit demented and types things all over the place.
Huge :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you all. big loves xxx

afm - my scan is not until friday week, so thank you for all your lovely wishes, I will keep them all in mind for next week xxx

Hello Ladies!

I am new here - this is my very first post - and relatively new to TTC as well.

A little background on me: my husband and I have been married for 12 years. We decided back in 2005 to have a baby so I went off the pill. And nothing happened. We both went and got checked out and my systems were clear while his showed lower than average mobility/motility but nothing major. We never really pursued TTC aggressively - I guess you'd say we were not trying but not doing anything to stop it - until earlier this summer. We have both lost a significant amount of weight in the past couple of years (100+ pounds each) and have adopted healthier lifestyles. We decided that if we didn't try, that potentially we would look back in five or ten years and have regrets - but that if we tried, even if we don't have a baby, then at least we'll know we tried.

So, I went back to my doctor.

Last month was my first round of Clomid - and my first time tracking my cycle and temping. Unfortunately while tests indicated that I ovulated, AF showed up on CD33. I actually found B&B while doing a search for Softcups for AF - but then a thread from here was one of the first results. So now I am planning to use those Softcups this month! I've also started taking Royal Jelly and Pollen, and have ordered some preseed for BDing.

I have a couple of questions for you:

- is a CB Fertility Monitor worth the cost, do you think, if I am tracking my temp and CM?

- do any of you have your SOs on fertility supplements and if so, which brand? I want my DH to start taking some but unsure as to which is the better option.

Thanks very much and I look forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully doing a lot of celebrating, too!

NMG thank you hon :) It was a nice experience especially hearing those words from a brave man :)) Lovely bump :))) Mommy's Angel knows how to hide posts in spoiler better ask her.

Debs Buserelin is your hormone suppresser and the Progynova is the stimm tablets. AAAAAAAw so exciting. You go girl and have a little pink baby :))) How is the TSH by the way? Are you using thyroid pills to balance it or do you have anything extra?

4ever i'm so sorry honey. i know the feeling. It totally sucks having the witch after tx. HUGS HUGS HUGS. Mb some chocolate cake and a silly TV programme might help xxxx

Bearlake how are you hon?

Lois don't you get too upset hon. The little bean inside would feel it too :)) Everything will be fine in the end :)) xxx

Amanda you are so much like me it's weird. I would have dived head first to that article as well LOL!!! Worth investigating. Isn't GCRM where you said there was a long waiting list. I'd get my name on that list asap. But keep on researching any side effects on the web. xxx I don't think you would have ovulated anything from the IVF cycle cause the trigger would have surfaced them all. All the eggs die after every cycle and gets washed with the witch anyway. Since u r in a new cycle mb you just ovulated.

Sumatswit I didn't realise you live in Istanbul. One of my favourite cities in the world :) And no I'm not from there. Hahahhaha !!!! Where do you live? How do you cope with the traffic though??? We were there last week, stayed in Levent in the banking district. Which was fine cause we went there just for the shopping. Only been to Taksim briefly. I don't feel I stepped into Istanbul soil unless I visit Taksim once. :) The energy of the place amazes me every time. Are you Turkish too?

Butterfly you are considering a big move. Good luck hon a lot of thinking to do :) Makes sense if you do get pregnant not to be far from the father/xbf/good friend. xx

Hey Skye! Always feel strangely comforted by your posts...:hugs: How is the rest going? LOL I reckon you are just one of these people who can't sit still... my Nan used to sa that you have ants in your pants!:haha:

Thanks for the info on the drugs... just having issues getting needles and syringes now! :growlmad:

Thyroid is really not playing at the mo... had a call from my DR the day I had the test saying that the upper level is supposed to be 24 and mine was 55!! :wacko: No wonder I haven't been feeling well! So they have decreased my meds (levothyroxine) again and I have a retest next week.

ooooo and guess what... my schedule has been brought forward!! My Tx is now on the 24th Oct.... eeeeekkk!!

Sorry lil ol post hog me got carried away!

Keke... I had no idea that you were a cancer survivor! I so admire your attitude towards it in your post! Long may you stay cancer free hun:hugs:

Lava.... scan update please.... NOW!!:thumbup:

Twinks.... poor lil furby. I am so sorry hun.... hamster, dog, cat or elephant... doesn't matter we care for them and love them. And they all have their own furiness personalities... so sorry chick:hugs:

Bear... all crossed for you x

Butterfly... come back home so when we are all bumped up we can all meet up!! :happydance:

NMG... awww please don;t feel bad... I think it is great when one of us has a healthy lovely pregnancy!

4ever... just :hugs:

DWRgi... I am completely sure that this process is so far more frsutrating and complicated here than it needs to be! I will say it again... don't discount other alternatives abroad if you are worried about waiting. The waiting lists are much shorter and the costs much better....

Hi Ladies!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

HA - my heart goes out to you. What a totally unpleasant surprise to have. Although you weren't told, we all thank you for the warning here so we won't be caught off guard. :hugs: to you.

Twinkle - :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you.

skye - now that is a nice thing to experience....I'm sure that brought you comfort..... I fully believe everything happens for a reason and you were meant to have that taxi driver! :flower: As far as slowing down - I was a snail to begin with, I don't think I can get any slower, so you being active is wonderful!

omm - any way that baby gets here is a blessing and meant to be. It WILL happen, so take all the help you need and we are praying for you. donor eggs, your eggs, who cares, in the end, you will have a snuggly little bean to call your own. :flower::flower:

butterfly, how are you dear? Glad you can get cheap flights to get where you need to for O.

4ever - how was your weekend, you ok? waiting to hear on your results tomorrow.

Hi Purple, dwrgi, FM, Mac, despie, carol, pradbat, and all my other friends I have missed.....many :hugs: and :dust: to you all!

Here's my 18 week bump pic I took this morning, by the way.... poppy is popping out! :happydance:

Thanks NMG--You look great and glowing! Thanks for sharing the picture.

I think I'm out this time around...AF is here, though my RE wants me to wait to get my test back tomorrow before saying anything definitive...it feels awfully definitive to me though! Anyway, totally bummed, but at the same time grateful that I have the insurance that will allow me to continue the process.

Thanks! :)
Stacy

Awwww honey i am sorry to hear that!!! Sending you massive hugs :hugs: but i am glad you have the insurance to cover it, for me and my dh this is a one time only shot, if it does not work for us, then we wipe our hands of TTC and live our lives with the two of us.

Thank you all for saying I look happy and healthy, I'll keep you all posted on the bump news.....

One thing I meant to put in my original post but was too distracted was do NOT look at the pic if you don't want to....I don't want to cause any sadness. That is directed towards EVERYONE as I know even if you haven't had many heartbreaks with TTC, it still is an emotional time for us all. I would not feel slighted in the least if anyone didn't have it in her to look. I thought about making it hidden but I don't know how to do that! So if someone can tell me how to do a spoilers one where it is hidden, I will be sure to keep any poppy news hidden just in case you are having a sad day and just plain can't bear it. I understand and love you all so educate me on this hidden thing someone and I'll be sure to use it going forward.

Not that you all haven't been lovely and sincere, I just cringed after I posted it thinking some ladies may have a hard time with my bump. and if i made anyone sad, I am so sorry!!!!

hugs to you all!!!!!
beth

Oh Beth, silly girl, no need to worry, i loved looking at your pic, and i am sure you did not upset anybody, heck i could feel the baby vibes comming out of that pic at me lol.!!!

OMM... we are the same... isn't funny how we have the same plan and going the same route to get there!

Hey HA and FM! How are you guys....gotta say that film sounds bloody awful HA... and good luck FM with your appt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->