TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Happy Auntie - I didn't know the +35 thing :-( - but that's only 1 study anyway right? :winkwink:

But, I agree w/you. Whats a little extra $ when you are going for the IVF - it can't hurt!

Let us know how you do!

<begin selfish post>

I work in a doctors surgery, and Ive resigned myself to the fact that one of the admin girls is pregnant, but I really don't have much to do with her since her job is nothing to do with mine and she's soooo quiet and doesn't really mix with anyone much at work so I can cope with that.
today New trainee doctors arrived, and one of them is 22 weeks pregnant with her second child. her placement is for 6 months and they spend a lot of time with us... and this morning she decided to sit in with me to observe my job.... *sigh* I feel like I need chocolate now!

</selfish post>

That's rough, Purple :-( Chocolate would definitely be in order! :hugs: :-({|=

If you want the bright side, it could always be worse, though, right? At least you're not working for OB - yikes! A nurse at my OB has been trying 4 yrs now - babies coming in & babies going out & all the pregos complaining about morning sickness. I'd luv to barf every morning! :sick: ;-)

I think it might be worth mentioning that my insurance company actually covers 32 acupuncture sessions/year for specific issues like back pain, inflammation, etc. (but acupuncturist can give you an extra needle or 2 in addition). Other than the 6 back surgeries I had in 2010, I didn't use it again til this past month - my 1-year mark of "trying".

But, the take-away is that I don't think that a major company like BlueCross/BlueShield would cover something that was just a fad, right? I would think there would have to be some serious double-blind studies before they even considered covering it...?

It may not be for everyone, but just something to "chew on" in case you are at your wits end w/fertility &/or are going thru IVF... :shrug:

Yes! I use that logic all the time! When it comes to what they will and won't pay for, there really are reasons behind it. That said, though, my insurance covers acup for certain diagnoses but not for infertility.... I think there just hasn't been enough data on it yet to prove its infertility benefits beyond all doubt, and that a lot of the studies have been inconclusive. But I've never seen one study that found it has negative consequences. I think it qualifies as an FSA expense on our insurance, but even maxing out our FSA contributions (as we do almost every year and we certainly did this year), the entire balance gets used up on one round of IVF, so the acup is strictly out-of-pocket for us. :shrug: Whatev... in the grand scheme of IVF expenses it only adds a tiny percent to the grand total, so I'm good with it. :thumbup:

Hi Everybody.

Tomorrow is Friday :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Also, I was just informed that I got a new job yesterday :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

This place is raining :bfp:. I feel like we should all get together and rub your bellies. I am about to start doing OPKs for this cycle. I should get the results from my blood work tomorrow so we can officially chose our :spermy: donor. I hope my work travel schedule does not wreak havoc on my options this cycle.

I think it might be worth mentioning that my insurance company actually covers 32 acupuncture sessions/year for specific issues like back pain, inflammation, etc. (but acupuncturist can give you an extra needle or 2 in addition). Other than the 6 back surgeries I had in 2010, I didn't use it again til this past month - my 1-year mark of "trying".

But, the take-away is that I don't think that a major company like BlueCross/BlueShield would cover something that was just a fad, right? I would think there would have to be some serious double-blind studies before they even considered covering it...?

It may not be for everyone, but just something to "chew on" in case you are at your wits end w/fertility &/or are going thru IVF... :shrug:

Yes! I use that logic all the time! When it comes to what they will and won't pay for, there really are reasons behind it. That said, though, my insurance covers acup for certain diagnoses but not for infertility.... I think there just hasn't been enough data on it yet to prove its infertility benefits beyond all doubt, and that a lot of the studies have been inconclusive. But I've never seen one study that found it has negative consequences. I think it qualifies as an FSA expense on our insurance, but even maxing out our FSA contributions (as we do almost every year and we certainly did this year), the entire balance gets used up on one round of IVF, so the acup is strictly out-of-pocket for us. :shrug: Whatev... in the grand scheme of IVF expenses it only adds a tiny percent to the grand total, so I'm good with it. :thumbup:

Wait, "FSA" & "BCBS acup", do you work for... U.S. too? How cool would that be if we both worked for same employer! ;-)

Hi Everybody.

Tomorrow is Friday :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Also, I was just informed that I got a new job yesterday :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

This place is raining :bfp:. I feel like we should all get together and rub your bellies. I am about to start doing OPKs for this cycle. I should get the results from my blood work tomorrow so we can officially chose our :spermy: donor. I hope my work travel schedule does not wreak havoc on my options this cycle.

TGIF! Congrats on the new job ipen! Good luck w/choosing the donor - does Brad Pitt donate by any chance??? just wondering... :haha:

Thanks for all the well wishes. Yes, I guess that's a fetal pole and a sac, NOT two, LOL. I'm very early, 6+4, so prayers and good thoughts are appreciated, as we don't know what will happen. I don't want any rumors to be spread that Nikki's having multis or a two piece seed, LOL. :haha:

So deets--
In short, I started in late August with a acupuncturist who specialized in women's fertility and hormone issues. Since I am hypothyroid, and I strongly suspected that my hormones were a big part of my inability to conceive, I decided to get my body healthier before we went for more assertive procedures (and my DH was a pretty reluctant initially on more assertive procedures anyway). So I finally started to BBT on my acupuncturist's rec, and we started a three-month program of weekly acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and massage therapy after my acu sessions. She also strongly recommended I work with a naturalpath in ther office because she felt it made her TCM work more effectively. I will say this was not "super duper expensive" when compared to assertive methods but not inexpensive either, but I decided to go for it. Naturalpath did blood tests galore, and found my adrenals, vitamin D, sex hormones, and obviously thyroid to not be in the best shape/low. She set me on a course of supplements to addresses these issues (adrenal meds, changed my thyroid med, got me on dessicated ovarian sups, Himalayan salt sole in the mornings, compounded progesterone, etc), as well as dietary changes--especially increasing my cholesterol and investing in high quality fish oil and coconut, flax oils. My acupuncturist wanted me to stay away from all things cold.

So anyhoo, I could see from my BBT that my temps were getting better and better each month. My pulse was getting better, etc. but still not where my acupuncturist would like it. My acupuncturist had felt previously that my body's resources were so low that she was concerned that even with assertive treatment I might not be able to hold onto a pg.

In December, I got sick with two colds back to back, and I could see from my BBT that my body was trying to OV, but it couldn't because of the colds. DH and I had sex very few times that month, and I figured it wasn't likely this cycle. It turned out that we DTD 4 and 5 days before I ended up OV, so I KNEW we were pretty much out for that cycle. Suffice it to say, the end of my normal LP came and went, and my temps stayed higher than they'd ever been. And that's that.

So I am in whole agreement with those who are on an acupuncture path, especially pairing it with complementary services. I know everyone's not spiritual here, but I believe that God led me to this more holistic path because it was the best solution for ME. I am still in acupuncture and massage until at least through the 1st trimester. And my nataurapath modified my supplements, but I still take some of them. I was one of the more unusual cases my acupuncturist had seen (my temps were so low and my pulse so weak), and she didn't think we'd see any real movement for six months--I got PG in three.

Congratulations!!

Wait, "FSA" & "BCBS acup", do you work for... U.S. too? How cool would that be if we both worked for same employer! ;-)

Nope - I picked up acup from you, because it's easier than typing out the whole word! :haha:

Nikki, I am so happy for you. :hugs::hugs:

Morning ladies! How are we all today? Can I just remind everybody:

It's Friday!!!!
[/COLOR]

:happydance::happydance::haha::laugh2::hi::dance::munch::muaha::bike::rofl::yipee::headspin::drunk::book::coolio::tease::football::beer::wohoo::loopy::lolly::bunny::paper:

(Sorry, it's been a tough week and I can't wait to CHILLAX!! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!)

HA-I am so glad that you enjoyed the Village People, and so glad that the injection in the restroom went well. I agree with your thoughts about upping your stimms-the drs just want to get the best for you. I also think they might ignore the larger follicle, and aim to get the smaller ones to ripen for the EC around about the same time. I think the ideal size (for ICSI certainly) is 18-19 mm, I'm sure IVF would be the same. It sounds as if you're doing really well, so good luck with next week's scans and EC!! I am keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you! Incidentally, do they test your E2?

I drank loads of milk to get my protein because it was so easy to do. I think Skye was lactose intolerant and had to get her protein elsewhere-a milk shake in the morning (I think that a pint of milk actually covers your protein needs but the more protein you can take on board the better), and lots of fish, chicken, beans, etc. You literally cannot face chicken after all of it, but it's worth it! It's also a good idea to go for the acu and I agree with your thinking-you don't want to berate yourself for not trying everything, so I hope that you are finding the needles helpful, and relaxing.

I've been doing acu for the past year and with four different therapists. Each works in different ways but my current acutherapist has regulated my cycle to bang on 28 days (which it always was until I started messing about with different vits and meds for conception) and I am experiencing EWCM (or was that down to John?). I normally go every two weeks, once before ovulation and once afterwards, although Jackie (acu woman) says it's better to go weekly, but I just can't afford it. I pay £40 per session. I'm going to book a treatment for each week of stimms and for EC.

Nikki-I am sooooo glad to hear your story and you have brought hope to us all. I really hope that you have a healthy pregnancy and know that you will carry your bb in your arms before you know it! It just shows that 'unexplained' doesn't mean there's nothing wrong-just that conventional medicine hasn't a clue what it could be, without extensive and expensive tests. Thanks for sharing and please let us know how you get on! :flower:

Missy-good luck with the :sex:. I really hope you catch that egg! Thanks for your post-it cheered me up! :thumbup:

Ipenn-good luck with choosing the donor. I wish you every success, :hugs:

Purple-boo baa and hissssss. We are surrounded by pregnant women and it hurts so much, and I know how you are feeling. My OH went to a village association meeting last night and the Chair is pregnant (not literally), and kept banging on about being hormonal and her due date (she already has two little uns under 5). Yawn yawn. My OH privately got quite indignant with her, on my behalf, as he sees the sheer hell that I go through on my bad days, so I thought a big :hugs: to him. I'm so glad I didn't go, I would have walked out. How on earth do we cope with it? By knowing that we WILL get there and that we will know how precious our babies are, because we will have fought so hard for them. Am sending you tons of :hugs: and would suggest a trip to Cadbury's World!! Big :hugs: to you hun, and good luck with the egg catching! xxxx

LilSluz-I'd LOVE to barf every morning too! That made me laugh! :haha:

Dashka, it's completely your decision about which treatment you choose to take-I wish you luck and hope that you hit on the right treatment for you! xxx

LadyH-good luck with ovulation! A few swimmers up there all ready for lift off might be a good idea too, so have a GREAT weekend, nudge nudge wink wink!! :happydance:

Where on earth has Luvmydoggies got to???? And FM, and Never (how did your scan go?? Fingers crossed all going well with Oopsie), Butterfly (remember to slip, slap, slop), hi to Carole, Asry, NS, Twinkle (did you find out what the bleeding was about?), where's Macwooly??? Anyway, big :hugs: to everybody on here, and no doubt at all that I will miss somebody out, but am sending you all positive vibes and best wishes!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hallo lovely ladies, Ipen - fab news about the job! :thumbup:

This Clomid...don't like what it's done with my AF! :wacko:

I was in really bad pain yesterday and throwing up! And the colour, really really dark, almost brown and very gloopy, very strange!!! I feel so tired and dizzy today, how weird.

Onwards and upwards, taking Clomid from today again (CD2-6), here we go again!

Also have started taking Royal Jelly and am going to set up acupuncture. Also bought Conceive Plus, cost £15 for a small tube! OH's face! "£15!! It had better taste of beer for that money!!" :drunk: Men! :roll:

Nikki - that's an AWESOME story! Thanks for sharing, as I am taking that route now. Your story gives me hope :)

My acup. is finding that I am having/have had a LOT of systemic/constitutional issues, so we're treating everything. I look like a pin cushion when he gets done, but that's fine with me. He can prick me anywhere he wants as long as I get pregnant eventually!

:shock: OMG OMG OMG! I just realized how that sounded! :xmas13::xmas13::xmas13:

I meant that in the most innocent way possible, just to clarify! :dohh::haha:

Ipen - well done on the new job, that's fab news!!! :hugs:

Dwrgi - I like your thinking about Cadbury's world!! Im glad you didn't go to that meeting too - it's just awful having pregnant bellies shoved in your face all the time :hugs:

Lilsluz - I agree - i want morning sickness too! lol :sick: Im very glad I don't work for an OB, however I do have to deal with a lot of pregnant ladies and terribly cute babies and the worst part - women who want terminations :( I have to say Im pro choice and it's not my place to judge, but it's a toughie in this situation.

Nikki - I love your story, thank you for sharing :) and again - congratulations!!

HA - the whole acupunture thing is very interesting. I guess it would be hard to do a randomised study though becuase who can say it's acupunture that made a group of women get pregnant, or weather it was just "their time" also in the over 35+ - we all know that pregnancies are harder to achieve. If it does no harm and it makes you feel better then it sounds great!

Heavenly - my eyes almost popped out when I saw the price of concieve plus - however I would warn you a little bit goes a LONG way!

This Clomid...don't like what it's done with my AF! :wacko:

I was in really bad pain yesterday and throwing up! And the colour, really really dark, almost brown and very gloopy, very strange!!! I feel so tired and dizzy today, how weird.

Very strange indeed!! I hope you feel better soon.

HA-I am so glad that you enjoyed the Village People, and so glad that the injection in the restroom went well. I agree with your thoughts about upping your stimms-the drs just want to get the best for you. I also think they might ignore the larger follicle, and aim to get the smaller ones to ripen for the EC around about the same time. I think the ideal size (for ICSI certainly) is 18-19 mm, I'm sure IVF would be the same. It sounds as if you're doing really well, so good luck with next week's scans and EC!! I am keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you! Incidentally, do they test your E2?

I drank loads of milk to get my protein because it was so easy to do. I think Skye was lactose intolerant and had to get her protein elsewhere-a milk shake in the morning (I think that a pint of milk actually covers your protein needs but the more protein you can take on board the better), and lots of fish, chicken, beans, etc. You literally cannot face chicken after all of it, but it's worth it! It's also a good idea to go for the acu and I agree with your thinking-you don't want to berate yourself for not trying everything, so I hope that you are finding the needles helpful, and relaxing.

I've been doing acu for the past year and with four different therapists. Each works in different ways but my current acutherapist has regulated my cycle to bang on 28 days (which it always was until I started messing about with different vits and meds for conception) and I am experiencing EWCM (or was that down to John?). I normally go every two weeks, once before ovulation and once afterwards, although Jackie (acu woman) says it's better to go weekly, but I just can't afford it. I pay £40 per session. I'm going to book a treatment for each week of stimms and for EC.

I'm lactose intolerant too, but I just take some lactaid and have at it because I love the stuff. The only thing I just can't do is ice cream or a milkshake on an empty stomach - there is just not enough lactaid in the world for that and I wind up RUNNING for the bathroom within about 15-20 minutes. It's not pretty. :nope: I've been treating myself to a nice big frothy mug of hot chocolate every morning to up my milk intake this week, and we've been eating so many beans that the two of us have become quite "musical" lately! :haha:

I kind of figured the same thing about that big follie, that they'll just let it get overripe and aim for colecting the others. They are indeed measuring my E2, LH and P4 at every follie check. I just got back from today's check - I'll get to that later....

My acu guy has a standard course of treatment for IVF patients, and it's once/week for 3-4 weeks prior to collection, once immediately prior to transfer, and once about 4-5 days after transfer. I started a little late so I'll only have 2 prior to collection, but I'm sticking to the rest of the plan.

Your advice to Purple re Cadbury World is genius. If it was possible to bathe in Cadbury chocolate, I would do it. I recently discovered a recipe for homemade Crunchies and I can't wait to try it! YUM!

I forgot to thank you for the update on JoCR. Please pass along my congrats to her. :hugs: I read elsewhere that Mac has left BnB. :nope: And NsN had a good scan this morning!!

:shock: OMG OMG OMG! I just realized how that sounded! :xmas13::xmas13::xmas13:

I meant that in the most innocent way possible, just to clarify! :dohh::haha:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

missy and LadyH - good luck this cycle ladies. Im keeping everything crossed

:hi: dashka - how are you doing

huge :hugs: for Twinkle - just because xx

Butterfly - how is the sunshine?? its soooooo cold here - you left just at the right time xx

and big loves to everyone Ive not mentioned, Im not even going to attempt to name you all cos I KNOW I'm going to forget someone xxx

afm - well Ov is approaching any day now, cbfm is saying High for the second day, so DH better get his :sex: boots on :hehe:

Im off to stalk Never now :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->