TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Selfish post:

I asked my DH how he'll feel when people congratulate him and he said "awkward." I have a friend who wrote me an e-mail and she always writes "Congratulations to you and DH." Most people just say "Congratulations" but I guess it's nice to include the OH. I told DH if he was not on board this would not have happened and that I believe it took more effort on his part than most men because of the challenge of the situation and the way men think about things and their egos etc. I told him it took more of a man to agree to become a family this way. This is so much more challenging and I am sure we'll get judgments/prejudices etc.

Sorry just a quick post, I'm on my phone and I don't quite know how to feel just now.
My clinic Dr left me a voicemail about my beta result as I asked her to. (i'm away with work and didn't want any bad news in the middle of conference day...
So i've just listened to the message and she says that my beta is 6 which she said means that it's unlikely to be a viable pregnancy. She asked me to do a HPT on Friday when I get home just in case.
I was hoping to get a definitive answer but now i just feel confused.

And of course there's little hope in me that it could be late
implantation or a slow grower.

Sorry about the selfish post. Does anyone know enough of the beta levels to let me know if this will definitely be a mc or is there ickle bit of hope left????

Aaarrgggghhhhh

I don't know how many DPIVF you are but here is a chart that gives Median #'s, high #'s & lowest #'s. To figure out my whopping 6% chance, I just found my DPO, clicked on the number (14DPO), found my beta (21 = 176) & divided it by the total (2966).

I guess it could be 6 if day of implantation or maybe even the day after? I don't know enough about it though I hope this helps!

FX for you!!! :hugs:

Aw jeez :dohh:, I forgot to include the freaking chart & nobody called me out on it! :haha:

Let's try this again...

https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

GL & FX to you! :flower:

Just FYI, I have a 5, but mine was bad bc (a) I got a +HPT, and (b) it was higher & then lost steam. So please don't compare your 6 to my 5 & think you are in the same boat. You went w/a blood test first so you could have caught it on the day of implantation or shortly thereafter. :hugs:

Frolicky- pretty much. Just keep going up and back in my head (being too hopeful vs not hopeful at all etc). Tonight I'm at a work dinner. Had a giant piece of chocolate cake which helped (well I ate the ganache I'm not big on the cake part).

Hey Lil... Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you... And sending you Big hugs.. You've been on my mind all day..:hugs:

Frolicky... Absolutely.... Your DH is definitely a brave and unselfish guy....not many would do that .. Glad you could reassure him:hugs:

Oh no LilS :cry::cry: I am so sorry this had to happen :hugs::hugs:
But like we talked earlier the silver lining is your body knows how to get preggers. I hope mtrh*** gets out of the way and you'll be on the bfp wagon again :hugs: Love you, and much strenght to you:hugs:. We are here if you need to vent.
:hug:

DrS - have you tested yet???!!! :thumbup::thumbup: hope it is good news :hugs:

Bear - I hope you get good news on friday :hugs:

Agape - good attitude :thumbup::thumbup: liking it a LOT!! :happydance:

Dashka, how are you hun? Feeling better? And yes, I'm still being poopy pants :haha: Actually have lost 1kg by now :haha: but nothing else is going on, exept for hunger. I've usually gotten constipated from prog.supps but not now, wonder how it'd be if I was NOT on them :dohh::loo:

Fro - yes, your DH is wonderful about this, I'm sure not many man would be big enough to do that. You've got a piece of gold there hun! :flower:

Nicker - GL June is just around the corner! Now just make'em eggs good n' juicy :winkwink:

Hope everyone is having a fab sunshiny day :coolio:

nope not yet.. in the am... only 11pm here.. dunno yet how early ill declare it am.. i know my hands will be shaking etc.

Hi everyone and thank you for your support xxxxx

Today is going to be another busy day and I haven't got my laptop so forgive me for not been able to respond to you all at length.

Purple -so happy to hear about you scan. Well done hon xxxx
LilS - sorry honey about your beta. Thanks for the chart, I found it by googling it. Take careof yourself xxxx

DrS & Butterfly - keeping my fIngers crossed for you x xx

Hello to everyone else!!!!!

AFM My beta was taken 13dp egg retrieval so I think my chances are extremely slim. Will test thought tomorrow evening when get home unless AF gets me before.
Felt stupidly happy of the little hope I had yesterday, I am so used to negative results in this journey.

Love to you all xxxxx

Bear - huge :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lils - I am so sorry honey! big :hugs: and :kiss:

welcome back mazac! :flower:

frols - your dh is a wonderful man, because it is a complex situation you are in, however that makes him more wonderful!! :hugs:

DrS - good luck :hugs: Im rooting for you xxxx

everyone else - huge loves and :hugs: :hugs:

hope thursday treats you all good!

I thought you all would appreciate this:

“The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle, known loss,
and have found their way out of the depths.
These persons have an appreciation,
a sensitivity, and an understanding
of life that fills them with compassion,
gentleness, and a deep loving concern.
Beautiful people do not just happen.”
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

p.s. I had a dream that a gf of mine figured out it was me on here and busted me because I had not told her anything. Strange. Lol!!!!!

Things that make you go mmm?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9447376

https://www.uswaternews.com/archives/arcquality/6nitrates.html

I remember my professor discussing this in a water course I took in college too. Interesting. I know you can't live in a bubble and protect yourself from every toxin known, but this is interesting. The food you eat and water you drink does make a difference. Of course there is always some chick who can beat the odds, but there are also those that can't.

Just google "nitrates water miscarriage" and the results are quite interesting and numerous.

Frolicky - that's lovely, and very true.
when I read it I thought of the ladies here who have offered their wisdom and compassion and kindness whn I have felt so low. you ladies truely are the most beautiful xxx

That's beautiful Frolicky, thank you for sharing! So true too. Those I know who seem to be "perfect in every way" - never a problem, perfect health, perfect family, perfect house, etc. seem to be clueless when it comes to sympathy & you can completely forget empathy. I don't find I have much in common with them (& there's tons of them in my neighborhood).

I think that's why all of us get along so well - we have all experienced loss & heartbreak over & over & over (& over) again (whether BFN. MC, health issues, etc) so we can relate to everyone else's issues even if we didn't experience that particular type of issue or loss. And its why, even if we are going through a hard time, we can truly get so freaking excited & happy for others over any iota of good news that happens! :thumbup:

I love you ladies for being who you are :hugs: And I think that we have all been "thrown together" on this one little teeny thread from all over the globe for a reason... :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Wow, Fro - that is VERY interesting reading! Thankfully I'm on city water & I don't drink it unless filtered anyway (whew, one less thing to worry about! :thumbup:)

Good to know, tho! :flower:

Lil - I don't even trust city water sometimes. Money just seem to drive so many people and it I am always amazed how it will come before the health and safety of others. I guess I have seen too much.

So true Frolicky and Lils.... I feel like you all are sisters... :flower:and I'm not just saying that. I seriously tell you all my feelings more than I do anyone!! including DH sometimes.:dohh:

Frolicky - thanks for the water articles...interesting... I guess that is similar to nitrates found in foods that are known to be carcinogenic (cause cancer) ...I never buy deli meats, sausages, bacon, hot dogs for this reason - Read the labels -they have have added nitrates (they add them so they will stay a 'pink' colour)...usually labelled as sodium nitrate.... Bad for everyone in general... They do have more 'natural' ones available now but I also heard the the 'celery extract' they claim is the preservative also has nitrates - I need to do more research on that one though. Just a reminder to read labels..:winkwink:

For anyone who cares - Re: water drinking - the best thing we ever invested in was a Reverse Osmosis filtering system at home...(we have transferred to 2 other homes) and get it serviced once a year.... It makes the water taste great too....

Lils and Bearlake - big hugs to you!:hugs::hugs:

Dr. S - good luck testing today!!

Have a great day ladies...
xoxo

Bearlake - I am keeping FX for you! Please let us know after you test. 13DP__ levels may be fine if you implanted 12DP__? :thumbup: GL!!!

:hugs:

Hello all you beautiful ladies!!!

I just wanted to pop on and say congrats to all the ladies with the BFP's and to Purple for the beautiful news of the heartbeat!!!!

To the ladies that are possibly facing losing their little ones, i am sending you massive hugs :hugs:.

I can no longer say that i will pray for anybody, and i have completly lost my faith in God, i just have a hard time believing that he would take my dad from me and 5 of our babies, plus now make our lives miserable with our jobs, i just dont believe anymore, but i will say that you ladies are all in my thoughts, i am sending good sticky vibes your way, and hoping you get good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->