TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Lils - wow that is awesome -so you just ask your doctor for Level 2 and that's it - he does it? Is he an RE? That includes the NK cell testing too? I'm glad you are taking life by the 'balls' ... it will really help your sanity for sure....

Re: the test - do you mean the 'tube test' -HSG right? I had it done about 7-8 years ago and it was painful for me on one side (because either there was a blockage OR that tube spasmed - they couldn't tell me as sometimes that happens on the 2nd side as the body tries to defend itself from the stuff they are shooting in... Everyone is different.. for me it was painful on that side and then had AF cramps for a few hours afterward...If you do it make sure you take Advil just before...

Lots of squishy hugs to you hun!!!

His card just says "M.D." & "Reproductive Medicine", so not sure if RE, but it would probably say RE right? hmmm. Yes, just asked (he did my others & knows about my current situation now) so I shot an email over & yes, it includes the following:

Level 2 Tests:
-Natural Killer (NK) cell assay panel
-TH1/TH2 cytokine ratio
-Leucocyte Antibody Detection (LAD) (blood also required from partner).
-DQ Alpha Antigen (blood also required from partner).
-Natural Killer (NK) endometrial biopsy.

They are writing the script for DH too, as some of these require both of our bloods. (not sure about the biopsy tho - they said they were writing one for "everything" on my list + one other one?)

No, I did the HSG already in Nov 2011. This one is where they shoot saline in your uterus (vs dye in the fallopian tubes) to detect actual abnormalities inside the wall of the uterus. Here is a link w/info. if anyone is interested? https://www.ivf1.com/sonohysterogram/ It apparently replaces a hysteroscopy, which was an outpatient procedure & more invasive. (Actually this one is done right in my Dr's office vs the hospital like the HSG)

Thanks honey for all of your support - big luvs & :hugs: to you. And thanks to everyone else too :hugs:. It means so much to me. I've done enough crying already, time to move on. (I might fall hard but I bounce back pretty quickly & get back into that ring for more! :bodyb: :haha:)

OH Fro!!! Lil Fro-Fro did grow, I can see it without the arrow!!! :)haha:) Awwwww! :happydance:

Grow lil Fro GROW! FX for betas!!! :hugs:

OK, so I am not sure but a girl just pretty much told me the nitrates and miscarriage stuff if it were true the whole country would be "f$cked". Nice, real nice. I think I better watch what I post because obviously some people probably just think I am wacked. Sigh.

Lil - I had and HSG and something else with saline and it wasn't bad. I had irregular bleeding too (symptom of polyp). I had to have it removed and it was the easiest surgery ever. :hugs:

You know what Lil... it was NK Cells that were killing my friends babies... she got put on 25mg prednisolone and baby got to 10 weeks... but died. Then she went on 40mg and is now 20 weeks!

Plus all the other stuff like progesterone, folic acid, aspirin, fragmin etc

Thanks for that Pad! I know a few of us are curious about that, so that's really good to know! :thumbup: Dashka's sister had it & so we were wondering if it is pretty much hereditary like the MTHFR is bc poor Dashka has been TTC 10 years now. I couldn't find anything on it but I only briefly googled...

:hugs:

Pad, have you tried IVF with gender selection yet? I know you are going to try natural in June when in FL, but i was just wondering. I just ran across something about it when googling...

thanks Frolicky - for the laugh.... hee hee... So glad your scan went well!!! I can see beany-Fro getting bigger!! Yay!:haha:

Lils - thanks for the info... I didn't even know there was one for the uterus as well... thought there was one just for the tubes... Learn something every day!:dohh:
That is absolutely awesome that your doc does those tests no problem....Is it expensive for you? Oh I'm excited that you are getting those tests!

I think in June (if nothing happens by then ) I am thinking about starting cycle monitoring again (and perhaps IUI)- the only thing is I don't live or work downtown so it's harder to find a good one in the area -as I know I will need to go there daily BEFORE work.... A lot of good fertility clinics are downtown and would take 1.5 hrs for me to get there everyday.

Just keep your head up and when you see a giant baby bump try and get closer (Without freaking the woman out lol) and catch as much of that baby dust coming off of her as you can!!

"When you see one in the wild, tiptoe up to it very quietly :shhh: & eeevvver so slowly and you may just get to pet it with your very own bare hands... They say that if you are able to touch one, it brings you fertility..." :haha:

Purple is probably not going to come to the meetup now that the secret is out. Everybody will be rubbing up against her in public! Can you imagine what that would look like to people walking down the street?! :rofl:

Sports may have chest bumps, but BNB has bump-bumps, so there! :haha:

(don't worry Purple, we won't smother you like that! lol)

:rofl: :rofl:

Lils great news that you doc is going to do those tests! You'll have all the facts under your belt then xxx

Frolicky - that tiny bean is growing lovely!!!:cloud9::hugs:

Big huge squishy :hugs::hugs::hugs: for everyone xxx

RE: Elevated NK cells (for those interested) :

I have recently added liquid chlorophyll again to my water (1 tbsp/day to drinking water) as I read in a few places that it helps to move NK cells from the blood to the tissues (so good in case I have the elevated NK cell thing)...

Also good to take lots of Omega 3's (it's the EPA in there you need that keeps inflammation down). Anything that helps keep inflammation down... And the food sensitivities are important to watch too (you don't want your body re-acting to stuff you might not even know)....My ND says cutting gluten/dairy is usually a good idea and I know from my nutrition background that those (along with sugar) cause inflammation and mucous in the body (not the good kind - lol)...

Lils - you asked me a while ago what the difference between a food allergy and sensitivity was ... here is a good explanation:

https://www.drfranklipman.com/faq’s-on-food-sensitivities/

I think I'm going again soon to get re-tested using the electro-dermal screening I mentioned before. You can also test foods by removing for 3 weeks and then re-introducing them one at a time several days apart (ie. dairy, wheat (or gluten), sugar, corn, soy etc) Easier said than done I know I tried it years ago for 2 months)

When the body has less 'invaders' (or what the body sees as invaders) going on ....it sends less of an 'army' (NK cells) if you know what I mean :)

bah now the doctor is backpedaling on how bad the sperm is. ie it is still me and old eggs and not the sperm. he kept saying, dont feel like this is your fault etc but i didnt until he started saying it was unlikely the sperm. and he was saying odds with ivf at 39 are only like 25% etc. decided to get the beta anyway and do one more round with iui and injectibles and different sperm but then go to ivf.

OK, so I am not sure but a girl just pretty much told me the nitrates and miscarriage stuff if it were true the whole country would be "f$cked". Nice, real nice. I think I better watch what I post because obviously some people probably just think I am wacked. Sigh.

I don't think you're wacked... People like that are just (in my opinion) not wanting to take responsibility for their health (sorry if that sounds harsh)... Sure it may effect some people more than others for various reasons.. (and some may be exposed to more than others) but the fact remains that nitrates are carcinogenic and that is not good for anyone (expectant mothers or not)

Dr. S - oh that figures that Doc would backpedal like that... ofcourse they would do that - ARGH!! Was it them that admitted to the bad sperm in the first place? Does this mean that you have to pay for the next round of IUI now?
Good luck negotiating!

DrS - Ugh! I am sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bullshit, it's your eggs. Arrogant and he can't admit fault. Another person not taking responsibility for their mistake. Sorry big time for you!!!!!!

Dashka - Some vegetables are anti-inflammatory too. Sweet potato, beets, etc. I know vitamins are good but the best source is the actual veggie. :hugs: I have been eating lots of organic veggies (healthiest I have ever ate in my life honestly) but also taking vitamins. However, I asked the doctor to check my iron levels because I was anemic a while back and on extra iron and still taking lots for the beginning of this pregnancy. I was hoping I was not overdoing it.

Frol - yes it's true - veggies are the fantastic for reducing inflammation - especially fresh pressed veggie juice... (celery, cucumber, spinach etc) Also onions and garlic (but not in juice - yuk!)
Also for fruits : cherries, pineapple
Ginger and turmeric great too
wild caught salmon
& walnuts (WALNUTS are awesome for everything as a matter of fact -love them)

Re: your iron - good idea to get checked... too much is not good -can be toxic -but usually menstruating women don't have that problem - they are usually lower -but good to get checked as it's really crucial for fertility and baby's health
Mine used to be at 16-17... now it's 44 -but MD told me should be 60-80.. (and I take supplements every day on top of the pre-natal)

bah now the doctor is backpedaling on how bad the sperm is. ie it is still me and old eggs and not the sperm. he kept saying, dont feel like this is your fault etc but i didnt until he started saying it was unlikely the sperm. and he was saying odds with ivf at 39 are only like 25% etc. decided to get the beta anyway and do one more round with iui and injectibles and different sperm but then go to ivf.

Are you freaking kidding me? :growlmad: That's BULLSH**!!! OK, I would just repeat the conversation that you had with the Dr. regarding the problems w/the sperm & then ask "should I be getting an attorney involved?" (& maybe even throw in a "I would rather not, but if I have to I will") ?

Whether you get it for free or not I bet their a$$es are going to dot every i & cross every t on your next one! But I hope you do get at least ONE free one if not as many as you want - Jeez DrS that ticks me off! :growlmad::grr::trouble::gun:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->