TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

OK, so I am not sure but a girl just pretty much told me the nitrates and miscarriage stuff if it were true the whole country would be "f$cked". Nice, real nice. I think I better watch what I post because obviously some people probably just think I am wacked. Sigh.

I don't think you're wacked... People like that are just (in my opinion) not wanting to take responsibility for their health (sorry if that sounds harsh)... Sure it may effect some people more than others for various reasons.. (and some may be exposed to more than others) but the fact remains that nitrates are carcinogenic and that is not good for anyone (expectant mothers or not)

Perhaps she just didn't appreciate your unsolicited advice in her journal. Sharing what you've learned in a conversational thread is one thing, but a journal is something else.

This thread has always been a place of support for all women 35+ ttc #1, regardless of their approach to ttc - whether they are trying naturally, using medical intervention or alternative/complementary medicine. I'd like to see it stay that way.

thanks Frolicky - for the laugh.... hee hee... So glad your scan went well!!! I can see beany-Fro getting bigger!! Yay!:haha:

Lils - thanks for the info... I didn't even know there was one for the uterus as well... thought there was one just for the tubes... Learn something every day!:dohh:
That is absolutely awesome that your doc does those tests no problem....Is it expensive for you? Oh I'm excited that you are getting those tests!

I think in June (if nothing happens by then ) I am thinking about starting cycle monitoring again (and perhaps IUI)- the only thing is I don't live or work downtown so it's harder to find a good one in the area -as I know I will need to go there daily BEFORE work.... A lot of good fertility clinics are downtown and would take 1.5 hrs for me to get there everyday.

Dashka, thank you so much for all the info! :hugs: I have copied into my TTC Notes file & when I get my tests back, depending if I have NK, etc, I will definitely go out & get chlorophyll!

The testes are covered by insurance so I only have whatever (usually pretty small) co-pay I have to make. I think the test might end up costing me $25 or so? the labs are always like $5 per test or less.

Ouch on that drive! :nope: I suppose that is where the $200 one is :nope: It will be so worth it to do all the tests & find out though right? After all these years...

Dashka, I am sensing a whole new you lately & I think that's awesome! :thumbup: I'm so, so happy for you! :happydance: Between the electro-dermal testing & everything you've been writing & talking about the last few days, you seem like a whole new person! Getting rid of the sicknesses probably helped a lot, but I think it's more - like you have so much more hope & ready to go the extra mile. I was afraid you were ready to give up but you seemed to have bounced back even stronger :bodyb: than before - you GO GIRL! :winkwink::flower: I'm going to nickname you Rocky, the Canadian Stallion! :haha:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Not getting a free one but they will test the sperm free wheee. I wasn't upset about it not working until he kept insisting that it is age related. I know blowing smoke is no good but I need someone with more confidence in "older" patients. I'm gonna do another injectibles cycle but meanwhile im going to talk to another clinic and start the ball rolling for ivf with them. Torn on the new donor. I really wanted Asian. But none of the other ones are really calling to me. Looked at a few other banks an they didn't really have anyone either. I kinda like this one https://www.europeanspermbankusa.co...m_content&view=article&id=121&sid=155&did=155 but I wanna know if he has had success etc

OK, so I am not sure but a girl just pretty much told me the nitrates and miscarriage stuff if it were true the whole country would be "f$cked". Nice, real nice. I think I better watch what I post because obviously some people probably just think I am wacked. Sigh.

I don't think you're wacked... People like that are just (in my opinion) not wanting to take responsibility for their health (sorry if that sounds harsh)... Sure it may effect some people more than others for various reasons.. (and some may be exposed to more than others) but the fact remains that nitrates are carcinogenic and that is not good for anyone (expectant mothers or not)

Perhaps she just didn't appreciate your unsolicited advice in her journal. Sharing what you've learned in a conversational thread is one thing, but a journal is something else.

This thread has always been a place of support for all women 35+ ttc #1, regardless of their approach to ttc - whether they are trying naturally, using medical intervention or alternative/complementary medicine. I'd like to see it stay that way.

OK, rookie here. Learning proper etiquette has not always been a strength of mine. I apologized to her and she accepted. Thanks for kindly putting me in my place.

Not getting a free one but they will test the sperm free wheee. I wasn't upset about it not working until he kept insisting that it is age related. I know blowing smoke is no good but I need someone with more confidence in "older" patients. I'm gonna do another injectibles cycle but meanwhile im going to talk to another clinic and start the ball rolling for ivf with them. Torn on the new donor. I really wanted Asian. But none of the other ones are really calling to me. Looked at a few other banks an they didn't really have anyone either. I kinda like this one https://www.europeanspermbankusa.co...m_content&view=article&id=121&sid=155&did=155 but I wanna know if he has had success etc

My BIL (ex - he was hit by an older lady became a quadrapalegic and passed away 6 years later after being on machines) was Thai and German and very athletic, smart and handsome. Sounds like a great one.

Pad - wow, your friend really is an inspiration, it really is just all about finding out what the blocker is and then finding a way around it. :flower:

LilS - oh I love your sense of humour, you made me giggle!

Froliky - Eeeeee!!!! I can see it without an arrow!!! :happydance:

DrS - WTF!!!! Ooooooh, that made me mad reading that. And odds of 25% are still really good I think, a one in four chance - what's wrong with that. Hope you read him the riot act! :devil:

afm - I'm still waiting for my beta on Monday.
I really hope my little dot sticks around for that, but so far so good. Still got everything very firmly crossed. Today I accepted that it's real and not my trigger shot still lingering. But I decided that even if it doesn't last, with my FSH being so high and my AMH and follicle count being so low, this may be the one and only time I'll ever be pregnant, so I told my parents and sister so they could enjoy this too, even if it is only for a little while. My sister almost deafened me with her scream. :haha: And my mum apparently already knew and had told my dad and sister on separate occasions that she could just tell. Bizarre!

Lila thanks you're so sweet ... Yeah I am more motivated now that I'm finally starting to get better.. But it's not as easy adjust getting the tests downtown once or twice.. I'm sure they would want me to stay and do monitoring/ or whatever we choose with them. It's also very difficult with AD to leave the house at 6:00am ..would be impossible really. I will probably try to go to a closer one (haven't talked to DH yet) There are 2 closer to work but mixed reviews on them. Have to get through the stress of the next month at work and home AD has become quite the feisty one ( to be kind) Not good for TTC.... But going to try to do what I can! Thanks Hun!

Ouch! Where's the PIC for crying out loud? Somebody pinch me...

YES DrS that one, DEFINITELY that one!!!! :happydance: :haha:

DrS, I'm sorry for bfn :hug: your doc seems somewhat insensitive, what does he know about your eggs?! :dohh: I hope you'll get some fab sperm for the next IUI!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Bear - biiiig hugs to you hun..so sorry

Oh you crazy woman going for a meet and then start rubbing Purples tummy..oh my :haha::rofl: I can imagine that :haha:

LilS- you brave little thing, you are still so inspired and perky with all that sorrow going on.. Big hugs to you :hugs:

Fro - liked your u/s picture :thumbup::thumbup: but didn't get to see the next one!!!! Put it back girl!!! :haha:

Manu - GL with beta on monday! You are deffo preggers :cloud9:

That water nitrate thingy, I actually didn't even read it as I don't need anything else to freak about :haha: trying to just keep on going with common sense :winkwink:

I hope I haven't offended anyone with posting here my beliefs/way I live? I do not offer my opinions like thats the way things should be done by everyone but just way I do it. And do tell me to bugger off here if you feel like no need for me to hang around here..of course I would understand it, but I would want to stick around and see how you guys are doing :hugs: I'v kinda grown into you lovelies :kiss: if you let me? At least every once in a while?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! It's friday ya'll !!! :happydance::happydance::pizza:

afm
LilS you asked about beta, I called to clinic and told them about my BFP and asked should I come for beta. She said theres no need to, I can believe HPT's. But she booked me for early pregnancy U/S which is 8th May!!! Week 7 :happydance: Should hear a heartbeat by then [-o< praying there will be one..
I guess this is a normal protocol here - not going for betas unless you're not showing on HPT or have had miscarriages etc. Actually this forum is again (like sauna+bath thing) first time I hear about ppl going to betas often. You learn all the time :thumbup:
But no one can keep me away from hpt's..did the digi today and still preggers 2-3 weeks!! Which is right on, I think I o'd on friday 2 weeks ago:cloud9:

DrS - again - I am so sorry for what has happened :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: although- wow I never realised that's how you picked donor sperm - it's like regular online shopping !!!!

Asry - I don't think Betas are done so much in Europe. how exciting for your scan :hugs:

Bear - hun - I am so sorry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Arsy - Congratulations! You guys have a lot of patience, I am a bit of a freak and had one doctor doing Betas last week and a different (my doctor) doing betas this week. In addition, she only does special cases (only has 4) and she likes to monitor us frequently (I guess that is why she only takes a few). Enjoy :cloud9: :hugs:

Bear - Freaking Sucks! Sorry hon! :hugs:

AFM - I am taking a break. I always prefer face to face communication more than anything so that intentions etc. are not misconstrued. My only intentions here are to help and support. In any case, the misunderstandings make me feel bad and I understand all the sensitivity, anger, pain and shit that accompanies infertility. It's a real bioootch! So, I will be back maybe in a week or two. :hugs:

I say go with what feels right, your heart will guide you to the perfect donor, and no matter what your so gonna love that baby!! As for that Dr. what me to kick him in his ass for you? Where ever you are i will come and boot him a good one, old eggs my ass, he is looking for an easy way out!!

Okay what is going on here??? Are people getting hurt by what I'm saying too?
I, like Frolicky am only trying to help and I'm sorry if anyone is taking it the wrong way but it seems something has gone sour a bit on here in the last day or so...

I am very sad Frolicky that you feel you need to take a break because people have made you feel bad ... I have never been offended by anything you have said... You have gone through so much and I know you are just looking out for everyone.

This is supposed to be a place of support, so it's hard to root for someone and try to help them as much as possible without offering some bit of knowledge that may help them in the long run... If anyone has a problem with what I post let me know.

Love you guys...
XO

Dr S - good luck with selecting....

Asry - I do hope you stick around girl...

Manu - GL Beta Monday and glad you got to tell family (especially with DH being away)

Hello to everyone else xoxo

Bear - :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Fro, dash & asry - I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts but I must be missing something because I haven't read anything on this thread that I've found offensive. Maybe I've got my head in the clouds but I don't think there's anything actually going wrong on this thread. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->