TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

the thing I found offensive was what DrS doctor said to her about old eggs !! Grr, Im with OMM - a butt kicking could be coming his way!

ladies, first big loves :hugs:
second, i think in a forum like this people cannot be positive all time, sometimes a word or phrase gets misinterpreted, Oh I know Ive done it! - but you have to let it ride. everyone here is so lovely and caring, I know that noone wants to upset anyone elseand also as with all forms of written communication, you cannot tell the tone that is being used.

so I hope no-one is upset, everyone needs a break now and then, but I hope nobody feels they HAVE to stay away

big loves xxxx

okay maybe I've misinterpreted... but I am pretty upset inside about this... It is one thing to post negative comments about how you are feeling (that is fine and welcomed to get our your feelings) but it's another when you make someone feel bad (publicly) about themselves. It wasn't directed at me -but still took it badly... don't want to name names.

Maybe I don't know the whole story -but what I read here (I thought) was hurtful.

Oh no :dohh: now I think I wrote my last post the way you all got the feeling somethings messed up? Not the intention!!
I was thinking(not mentioning-stupid me) about the post Froliky had on someones journal and they got affended, by sharing info. And I started thinking that I hope I have not stepped on anyones toes with whatever (mostly) crap :)haha:)I write here..

We all have our beliefs, and we all do what we choose to do. We read the links&posts we find interesting. So lets stay friends and try to support eachoter, and try to understand eachoters views :hugs:

ohhh..I better just shut up. TELL ME TO! :dohh:

anyways, hope you all are good ladies :hugs::hugs:

Asry - not to worry girl - not what you said that did it :)

Hey Ladies,

Hoping for some advice...

Went for a check up scan today and saw a different nurse who was a little concerned aout the thickness of my womb lining. She ran the scans past the consultant and they have said that if we don't get a BFP this month then they want me to start taking oestrogen aswell. They also want me to start taking Metformin again which I am a little reluctant to do a s it made me feel really weird last time I took it but if it helps I'll have to do it.

Has anyone got experience of taking these things with Clomid aswell? I'm not sure how the Metformin will help as the nurse said it will regulate my cycles but the clomid has done that alreay. Am I missing something?

I'm on my 4th round of Clomid now and they said they would want me to do another 4 rounds with the Oestrogen aswell.

Any advice welcome!

We've booked alovely B&B this weekend so hoping for some luck!

Good luck to everyone else!

C
xx

Hey coast, sorry I can't help but I didn't want to read and run. All I know, if I remember correctly, is that your lining need to be around the 11mm range give or take a few mm on either side to be good for implantation. Apparently, and of course this would be a sweeping generalisation, as we get older, the lining starts getting thinner. Sorry if I was just teaching you to suck eggs there. :flower:

this is the other one im considering https://www.europeanspermbankusa.co...m_content&view=article&id=121&sid=259&did=259 i know it is silly but i really want a mixed asian baby. the other guys sounds hot but isnt very asian

okay maybe I've misinterpreted... but I am pretty upset inside about this... It is one thing to post negative comments about how you are feeling (that is fine and welcomed to get our your feelings) but it's another when you make someone feel bad (publicly) about themselves. It wasn't directed at me -but still took it badly... don't want to name names.

Maybe I don't know the whole story -but what I read here (I thought) was hurtful.

I apologize that my words were hurtful to you and Froliky.

My intention was never to make anyone feel bad, publicly or privately.

Froliky mentioned here about an interaction she had with another woman on this other woman's journal. She had taken the other woman's reaction to mean that this other woman must think she's a wacko. As a regular follower of this woman's journal, I suspected there was an alternate explanation for this woman's reaction so I offered it. Ironically my intention in doing so was actually to reassure Fro that I didn't think this other woman thought she was wacko at all - I clearly failed miserably in that. I should have taken the time to choose my words more carefully, and I apologize.

I was bothered by your interpretation of this woman's dismissal of Fro's advice as her not taking responsibility for her health, especially given that you don't know the whole story. Yes, nitrates can cause cancer and fertility problems, but when a woman is waiting to learn if her pregnancy is ectopic or "just" a run of the mill mc, she is not likely to be receptive to anyone offering that information at that time. That does not mean that she is being irresponsible or is deserving of criticism or disdain, and I felt your negative comments about her were out of line - hence my comment about us all being here for support regardless of our approach to ttc. Again, I should not have been so blunt, and I apologize for that.

I have been active on this thread since its inception almost two years ago, and in all its existence, through all the rolling changes in membership and participation, it has largely avoided the negativity that pervades so many other areas of BnB and other online forums. That's a really wonderful and special thing, and it only happens because we all make the effort to be understanding and forgiving. I would really like it to stay that way, so when I saw the misinformed criticism of this woman, I spoke up. I apologize for not taking the time to choose my words more carefully on that post and, in doing so, contributing to a negative tone on the thread.

I think Lou said it best - emotions run high here, and misunderstandings are bound to happen from time to time, but in the end I think we all want the best for each other.

I hope this has cleared the air a little and I hope you'll forgive me.

HA – thanks for your post.. I am sorry if I spoke up too soon before not knowing the whole story … I didn’t realize at that point that it was a comment made in someone’s journal… and didn’t know the whole story.. you are right.. I guess I was trying to make Frolicky feel better as she was only trying to help and it sounded like someone was dismissing it… People often do that to me too (not in here) but I shouldn’t have ‘generalized’ that all people who react that way don’t take responsibility for their health. So I apologize for that.

However I was hurt when you said “and I want it to stay that way”… almost sounded like you were ‘putting us in our place’ by the tone (and that opinions were not welcomed) It stuck with me all night as I read it before bed. When I offer any sort of nutrition info or suggestions it is not to say that is the only way or the right way, but only to offer to those interested. So maybe from now on maybe I should only offer when asked. I have always supported all of you which ever path you take.

So I’ll try to be more careful in choosing my words when I’m supporting others on here.

Hope you have a great weekend ladies xoxo

Dashka-I have never been offended by anything that you have written on here. It is useful to have your input, and, to be honest, sometimes we may not even be aware that we NEED any advice on nutrition until you suggest or comment on it! Please carry on as you have been doing, Axxxxx

thanks Dwrgi...
How are you doing? Been thinking of you and your appointment.... did it go okay? xoxo

I love a hug!!!! https://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/grouphugg.gif

Dwrgi - how did it go hun? I was thinking about you yesterday!

Dashka-I have never been offended by anything that you have written on here. It is useful to have your input, and, to be honest, sometimes we may not even be aware that we NEED any advice on nutrition until you suggest or comment on it! Please carry on as you have been doing, Axxxxx

I agree - I think we're quite fortunate to have someone with your level of knowledge about nutrition in the group, and I think a general-topic thread like this one is the perfect place to share your expertise. I hope you'll continue to do so. :flower:

I agree - I think we're quite fortunate to have someone with your level of knowledge about nutrition in the group, and I think a general-topic thread like this one is the perfect place to share your expertise. I hope you'll continue to do so. :flower:

I agree! I on the other hand, can offer loads of advice on gaining weight if anyone would like it :haha:

Purple :haha::haha:

I also love all the info that everyone brings as it sometimes gives a different perspective on stuff. I know I can take or leave it but I wouldn't know to ask for it iykwim :shrug:

Big hugs to all :hug: and yes dwrgi how did your appt go? :flower:

LilS sending you some big hugs in particular :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey all...

Lils, you asked about gender selective IVF.. in this country and many others that is illegal... however, you can have PGD, which will put in genetically 'normal' eggs. It is a form of IVF.

I have known about this for many years as my geneticist has spoken to me about it many times. However, as my X deletion is so rare they would have to formulate a whole new protocol and probe to look for the deletion. As the NHS are not interested in helping me that would cost me a minor fortune as it would have to be created in a research facility and as it would never have been done before it is untested and so risky in some respects.

That is why I have not had PGD.

I hate my genes.

They are crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g