TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Hi All. I wanted to post and say Hi to so many new people on this thread. I don't really belong here any more but I still check in on you all. This thread literally saved my sanity during our ttc journey. You are all the best ladies that all deserve that what you desire.:dust::dust::dust:

AFM
Hannah is four weeks old now. We are finding breastfeeding a struggle but she's 2lb heavier than when she was born so something's right! It will be a year on 21st June that I turned 40 and "gave up" ttc to have a break. I still can't believe I finally got pregnant in the July! :cloud9: she's truly a miracle and DH is coping well being a 55 year old risk time Dad!

Hi All. I wanted to post and say Hi to so many new people on this thread. I don't really belong here any more but I still check in on you all. This thread literally saved my sanity during our ttc journey. You are all the best ladies that all deserve that what you desire.:dust::dust::dust:

AFM
Hannah is four weeks old now. We are finding breastfeeding a struggle but she's 2lb heavier than when she was born so something's right! It will be a year on 21st June that I turned 40 and "gave up" ttc to have a break. I still can't believe I finally got pregnant in the July! :cloud9: she's truly a miracle and DH is coping well being a 55 year old risk time Dad!

Hi Lady H -

I just read your story. Huge Congratulations. It gives me hope :)

I had to take a hiatus from fertility blogs/websites for a while. Trying to see who is still here and who has been blessed with a BFP. Still no luck on this end. Been TTC naturally for 3 years with no luck, relatively poor FSH and AMH but AFC of 11 back in July 2012. Told that by 39 (Apr 2013) my only hope would be donor eggs. I still have hope in the Lord-medicine often counts Him out. Considering emb adopt. My husband and I both found out we are being deployed soon and could be apart for 5 months. 5 months when I will be 40 and possibly near zero eggs remaining. Great Googly Moogly. Anyone considered emb adoption?

HUGE virtual hug to all of you women ttc over 35. I'm the only person I know without kids. Our squadron events are filled with our friends and their kids, while we feel like the odd people out. So glad there are people that understand.

Hi FlyFlorida

I hear you. I'm the only one (bar one friend) too without kids. It is hard - especially since we live next door to a primary school!!! I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but I have heard of people with poor FSH and AMH conceiving naturally.

Here's a nice story. A friend of my hubby married his wife - both in their early 20s. They tried for 20 odd years to have a baby. They had IVF etc. and finally gave up. Then at the age of around 46, she found out she was pregnant. They now have a healthy baby girl.

You never know. Don't give up hope.

I think it is good to try and find people in the same situation as yourself. My unmarried friend (37), is finding that she is miserable as all her friends are married with children. We had a long chat and now she is going to join a rock climbing club. Life is hard when you are the odd one out, but its a big world and so we're never really the odd ones out!

Hugs to you from across the pond.

I had my ultrasound yesterday. They said they can see 7 follicles so far...4 on the right and 3 on the left, but said it's hard to say...there might be a few more hiding in there. They are all under 10 but about the same size so far. It was only Day 6 or 7 of my cycle, so they said they are on track right now. They told me to keep going with 4 vials a night of Bravelle and to come back on Tuesday for another scan.

My estrogen level was 63. I have a feeling that's not a great number, but I know I'm 41 and have a low ovarian reserve, so I guess that's to be expected. Still, it got me a little down. Hopefully the sun's return today will cheer me up.

:hi: to all the new ladies.

Lady H
that was a lovely post about your lil miracle, so nice to know there can be a happy ending at the end of all this

Maddy
wow, 8 weeks already, where has that time gone!!! Hope all is ok with you and bing :flower:

Nothing new with me. Have booked some counselling following our 4th Ivf failure. We are both pretending there is nothing wrong and all is fine and ignoring the elephant in the room so maybe a third parties help may be useful. :thumbup:

It's sunny day. We've spent time tidying up the garden this afternoon, which was very therapeutic. I went for a walk to do some shopping, and I'm feeling quite smiley and positive. Long may it last! :happydance:
I am at CD21, and apparently I ov'd on CD15 (earliest ever). My temps look halfway decent this month, for a change. But I'm not getting carried away just yet, just trying to think happy thoughts and not get stressed.

Enjoy the sunshine if you've got any! :flower:

Flyflorida I considered embryo adoption. In fact I will do it if this donor egg cycle doesn't work as it is so much cheaper than DE :thumbup:

LW go advanced, highlight the text then click the blindfold icon :thumbup:

Kay that sounds like a decent number of follies :thumbup:

I am delighted for you, LW, and really hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!
xoxoxoxo

LW -

That's wonderful, Congrats to you! Hoping its the sticky 9-month kind! :flower::dust:

That's an interesting thought - that her kids were actually conceived 2 yrs prior to "being conceived"? I had never really considered the fact that some kids are frozen for years before being "thawed" or "incubated" (???)

Door - GL on your upcoming appt. I hope it provides some clarity of mind for you & DH whatever you decide to do. :flower:

Welcome back FlyFL! :thumbup: If you want to take a look at my journal under 4-Month Egg Plan/Challenge, a few women have been able to increase egg quality that way & since it takes 4mos it may be perfect to take these supps while on your 5-month TOD? Then when you come back, maybe you'll have some big juicy ones ready... worth a try! (you can see my crappy AMH/FSH in my siggie)

Welcome to all the new ladies! :hi::flow:

Hey Dwrgi, BF, Pebbs, LadyH, Mirium, Small, Owl, & anyone I missed!

Awh thanks everyone I'm over the moon but also terrified !! It's a weird mix , taking it one day at a time :) how is everyone else doing ? Anyone do anything nice for the weekend ?

LW-take each day as it comes lovely! Cautiously excited, eh?!

Big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->