TTC 1st child 35+ (Please spoiler any PG news/announcements).

Spreading my PMA around!!

I will have two or more mature follicles!! There is a baby in my near future!

Unhelpful TTC quote of the day (from my lovely Mum):

"Well your father just had to look at me and I was pregnant"

Just wanted to echo LadyH's words to you all.... we all deserve our rainbows so much and so badly. I believe we have to have our own personal walk through hell (that is what I felt our TTC journey was) to really appreciate heaven... whatever form that heaven takes. :hugs:

I am always lurking to see how you all are doing ..

Maddy
A big YAYAYAY to you! 8 weeks down! Good going!
LW
Many congratulations on your BFP
Big loves to lovely Lil and DrH!

Welcome new ladies and super strong baby dust to Dwrgi, Butterfly (all the best for the DE... I am here if you want to ask anything chick), Nee, PBL, Moon and welcome back Fly!

Hope is important ladies xxx :flower:

Ugh! So not helpful! My mom did the same thing as though I was somehow blaming the genes I got from her for my situation. This isn't about you, Mom!!

Let me share with you both of my sisters responses when I asked them how long it took them to get pregnant.

Sister #1 "We had sex one time in July and 9 months later there was Anthony!"

Sister #2 "It took us one time of NOT TRYING"

Let me share with you both of my sisters responses when I asked them how long it took them to get pregnant.

Sister #1 "We had sex one time in July and 9 months later there was Anthony!"

Sister #2 "It took us one time of NOT TRYING"

He He! They haven't got a clue.

My sister (with 3 kids) said:

"do you know - you can buy these tests that tell you when you're ovulating"

Ugh! So not helpful! My mom did the same thing as though I was somehow blaming the genes I got from her for my situation. This isn't about you, Mom!!

I know, I mean you wouldn't boast about your running prowess to someone in a wheelchair would you?!

Pad - :hi: Yummy mummy! I keep forgetting you had done the DE route too. :hugs:

Jazz - aw crichey :dohh: we could all get started w/the : (a) insensitive moms/MILS, (b) easily impregnated women surrounding us (we sometimes think intentionally :devil: lol) & the (c) dumb-a$$ advice/comments (takes the :cake: IMHO!) :growlmad: Sorry you have to deal w/this too & I think her telling you about "these sticks you can pee on" is pretty bad on the scale (other than "relax it'll happen").

Kat - I thought BMF was "Baby in My Future" :blush:

LW -
yeah I am still cautiously optimistic chic. It gets better after 16wks, so FX & just take it scan to scan or appt to appt. Seems to help all of us PARL women anyway (as all you have to do is get yourself through til the "next appt/scan" - not any further)

LW -
Congrats girl!!! So happy for you.

Yes, all of the not-so-helpful things people say about TTC... grrrrr!!!

Hope you are all having a good start to the week. AF came for me on Saturday. This is the 2nd AF after my D&C, so we will start trying this month. I'm not really feeling all that positive about it. I feel like even if I get another BFP, it will end all too soon. UGH. But, I'm just trying to keep hoping that somehow things will work out sometime.

No it won't Moon because you have discovered something huge as to why mc'ing: you're a MTHFR like me! So if you follow the protocol, you can do this chic! Btw, I was told that you should let the folate build up in your system about 1-1.5 mos before TTC.:shrug: I can't remember why bc if it was for egg quality most everything else takes 4 months before those actual eggs are realeased? Idk maybe it affects it more quickly or my Dr doesn't know what he was talking about (he did try to give me the FA vs the L-5-MTHF). You may want to google to see... (baby aspirin & thinners work very quickly so you're all good there).:thumbup:

Hi ladies, I've posted previously, but have been mostly just reading for the last little while. However today I had to post because I'm having a mini flip out on the inside right now...

Today i had a pelvic transvaginal U/S to check everything out & count follicles. So my uterus looked 'lovely', everything normal there. Then she had quite a lot of trouble finding my ovaries. I asked why & she said bcos they move around a bit! How weird.. Never knew that was possible. She had a particularly hard time finding the left, she said it was behind my uterus??! But eventually she found them both.

So.. I'm desperately trying not to freak out, bcos she told me I had 5 follicles on the right, & in the left only 3.... I'm feeling an overwhelming panic rising inside me now. I've been googling & from what i can see, that's basically pretty low?? And can mean that even IVF could be a waste of time???

My FS appt is tomoro thank god- don't think I could stand waiting a week or more to see someone now that I've got those numbers in my head. The girl doing the ultrasound didn't comment on whether the numbers were good or bad.. And I had no idea at the time (b4 I googled!), but she did say 'I've seen follicles go from 3 to 23 from one month to the next'... Which made me start to realise that probably my numbers weren't great.

Am now feeling very nervous about FS appt tomoro, & what I might be told??? When I had my first appt a month ago the Doc didn't seem overly concerned & said he didn't think 12 months TTC was indicative of anything, but that he could understand my concerns considering my age (39 in Dec). I had a little cry in the car driving home today, but im going to do my best to not even discuss it with OH for now. if i do, i know i will probably be tempted to be very negative.. so until i see the FS im going to hold my tongue. my OH is very optimistic about us having a baby, but he said recently that ive made him feel like im too old & wont get pregnant.... yikes! so im trying to be as positive as I can be ATM.

Wow, how easily u can go from being blissfully unaware to thinking OMG maybe I won't even get pregnant with IVF.

I'd love to hear AFC&AMH numbers etc for any of you other girls, and your experiences/ opinions therefore with fertility treatments etc?? No idea what all of this will mean for my appt tomoro. What should I be asking the FS? What should I be hoping they offer me? Would they try clomid? I guess I just want to go in armed with questions etc & a little knowledgeable about what does & doesn't have a chance of improving our chances. All my bloodwork will be back also, except the AMH which will take another week.

I'd appreciate any advice

Juniper joules, I'm 41 and generally get about 6 follies total and one that matures. I did get pregnant once with these numbers using IUI, so don't worry!! We might not have 20 follies, but we have enough!

Juniper, try not to worry about numbers. I know its easier said than done but its the old cliche, quality over quantity and its so true. My AMH last time I had it measured was 12.9 and FSH 5.something. 3 Ivf cycles I produced between 6 and 9 eggs, all BFN. One cycle, they only got 3 eggs and thats the cycle I got my BFP on. So there is no rhyme or reason behind it all. Just take every stage as another little step and try not to think too far ahead.

Easy for me to say I know :dohh:

Good luck!

And Moon, be positive, this IS going to happen for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back