ttc after a d&c

Just talked to my dr... So she said that because my follicle was a little on the smaller side (1.5cm) this month on cd13, she felt that me going up to 150mg wouldnt hurt anything. I mentioned the fact that my progesterone results came back great this month so what she thought about me just doing 100mg again. So she took another look at my chart and it almost sounded like she had just realized that this was only my 1st month on 100mg and last month was my 1st month on 50mg so she said oh ya you can just due 100mg this month and we'll see what happens. She also said that even though I had a kind of small folli on cd13 that since I didnt O until 2 days later and then my progesterone was 26.88 indicates that I had a good size follicle by the time I did O. She did say that 1.5cm isnt terrible but was the reason why she thought that I would be fine on 150mg and that me not getting pregnant was just a matter of luck :(. I also asked her why she wanted me to do Clomid vs Femara and she said that she uses Femara for patients that have an endo issue which I dont have so thats why she thinks Clomid is better for me. Also asked about Robbitussin/Mucinex and she said that she had patients ask her about it and that I can take that and it wont hurt anything but that was up to me. She said that there are no scientific solid studies that prove that it works which is why she said its my choice but again that I can take it if I want and it wont hurt anything. So maybe it was just bad luck that we didnt catch the egg this month and we'll see what happens next month. Maybe I was meant to have a christmas baby? So Im going to continue on only 100mg.

Good job pointing out the obvious to the Dr, sheesh! Darn Doc! You know we are all fans of Christmas around here :xmas9: So a Santa Baby would be lovely! Instead of dieting to lose baby weight, you'll get to fully indulge in all of the yummy foods! :munch: As for CM, I took guaifenesin only Robitussin 2 days before O and drank 8oz+ of grapefruit juice daily after AF stopped. PLUS I used the Yes Baby organic lube (no parabens). One would've thought I had issues with CM, but I wasn't leaving any stone unturned!

hi guys xxx

i wasnt gone for scan today, thats next mon :)
i was only gone to check my ears, he said they r fine,
he said wait and see if i get better or worse :)
he said if i get worse he will give me antivirals,
but hopefully il get better :)
he is so funny, he looked n my ears and said htey looked perfect,
then he goes, ' u have lovely ear drums :) '
i started skitting laughing and gave him strange look,
then he goes 'what im serious, he said when u shine the light in , its meant to reflect like a mirror' , he said mine do it perfectly ;)
it was the weirdest compliment ive ever had :) funny man, i came out skitting laughing :) good to know it should go away itself anyway , only went cos i dont wanna get too sick for bub :)

bethany glad u have reassuring smyptoms xxx

amy a christmas bub be lovely xxxxxxx

angel , hi how u doin, wow a sweet potatoe, bub is gettin big ;)

hi and hugs to all. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good job pointing out the obvious to the Dr, sheesh! Darn Doc! You know we are all fans of Christmas around here :xmas9: So a Santa Baby would be lovely! Instead of dieting to lose baby weight, you'll get to fully indulge in all of the yummy foods! :munch: As for CM, I took guaifenesin only Robitussin 2 days before O and drank 8oz+ of grapefruit juice daily after AF stopped. PLUS I used the Yes Baby organic lube (no parabens). One would've thought I had issues with CM, but I wasn't leaving any stone unturned!

Where did you find that lube? Was this your first month doing all of that? Hmm maybe I should make a change from preseed?

Also, which Robitussin specifically are you talking about? There are a ton! Im trying to just order all of this stuff online :)

Amy, go for the Robitussen that only has guaifenesin. PS: I was born in December and December people are awesome. Just saying.
Also, I want to smack the crap out of your doctor. That is all :)

Laura, what is wrong with your ears hon? Haha I have been told that I have ugly eardrums- they are all scarred from multiple surgeries :)

Laura, I thought you were going in for a scan. I hear dr and just assume...oops! Glad ear lookd great and that you have lovely ear drums lol

Bethany, I know tell me about it! :trouble: I get it, Im not her only patient but talk tol me when youre in front of a comp then and you can see my chart. Granted she did say that she would talk to me when she was which was today :oops:. So I found Guaifenesin Syrup on amazon (trying to just get everything online to avoid the gorcery store) but I dont see Robbitussin. Im scared and want to make sure I get the right one :( Ordered the Yes baby too so Ill give that a try!

Bethany, why so many surgeries on your ear drums? You poor thing. I had chronic ear infections after I gave birth to my younger daughter, and I made the mistake to not go to the doc, I lost my insurance so I couldn't. Ever since then my ear seems permanently screwed up. I get ear aches easily, especially in the winter, and I also have chronic sinusitus. Right now my sinuses are so screwed up, and when I get sinus issues, I will lose my sense of smell and taste for weeks or even a couple months after. So I won't taste my food for a long time now!! :(

Amy, glad that you are being very proactive and on top of your doctor. Sometimes I feel like we have to school them or something. I have learned that you can't put your trust 100 % in any doctor, it is always good to do your own research. A lot of times they like to push medicines on people like they are guinea pigs. My mom for instance when she had mild hypertension, they started giving her very powerful dosages of there high blood pressure medicines that she totally didn't need, all she needed was to make a few diet changes and possible a low dosage of a medicine. I think a lot of docs are out there to help the pharmaceutical industries to give unnecessary meds out. Its sad, but it happens a lot. A lot of people don't realize that with vitamins and minerals you could help a lot of health issues, maybe not all of them, but a lot.

Amy, that syrup should be safe!

Jessica, my ears don't drain right. I am a mouth breather because I could never breathe out of my nose as a kid. I was constantly getting ear infections and am hard of hearing. I had four sets of ear tubes over the years and then another surgery to repair damage from my ear tubes. It is all screwed up. When I get stuffy I cant blow my nose because it can seriously just force things into my ears (gross I know) and I get infections. I still can't stand to get my ears wet. I hear water sloshing for ages and it hurts. The tubes didn't fix my draining issues or my hearing.
Any idea why the constant ear infections after your daughter? :hugs: and you can't enjoy food? Sadness.

Amy, that syrup should be safe!

Jessica, my ears don't drain right. I am a mouth breather because I could never breathe out of my nose as a kid. I was constantly getting ear infections and am hard of hearing. I had four sets of ear tubes over the years and then another surgery to repair damage from my ear tubes. It is all screwed up. When I get stuffy I cant blow my nose because it can seriously just force things into my ears (gross I know) and I get infections. I still can't stand to get my ears wet. I hear water sloshing for ages and it hurts. The tubes didn't fix my draining issues or my hearing.
Any idea why the constant ear infections after your daughter? :hugs: and you can't enjoy food? Sadness.

Oh, I am a mouth breather too. I get stuffy so easily. Allergy season is a pain in the ass. As for the ear infections after my daughter. I know I lost a lot of blood, and I had the option of having a blood transfusion or not. So I opted not to, I am still scared of that little chance of the blood being tainted with something. I have a phobia or diseases and germs. This time I am going to see if I can put away my own blood, in case I hemorrhage again. So I am thinking my immunity was very low after I gave birth to her and I was more susceptible to infections and I had upper respiratory infection that led to the ear infection (left ear). I have been having ear and sinus problems ever since, and it all revolves around my left sinus and left ear. I also suffered from Trigeminal neuralgia of the left trigeminal nerve located above the ear. I am not sure if you have heard of that, but they call if the suicide disease (not a very pretty nickname). I think I have nerve damage on that nerve. The pain is causes is horrible!!! I have not suffered this in a couple of years, so hopefully it is gone, I am in remission of just plain lucky.

thanks Girls for all of your advice and research! I really appreciate it :hugs:

Bethany, so sorry that you have had to go through all of that with your ears :(

Amy, I don't want to think you are out until you get af. There are a lot of people that don't get their bfp until the day their af is due. When is your af due? And if you have to go onto the next month to ttc, we are all here for you. :hugs:

Amy, no need to feel bad- it is normal for me lol. I don't know any different ;)
But yeah that syrup should be good! Are you going to do the grapefruit juice as well? You may ask your doc if you do- can't that interact with certain medications? Wouldn't want it screwing with your folate and the like.

Jessica, how soon can you put blood away? Will they let you do that when pregnant? Hopefully you stay in remission from that nerve pain. Ear pain has the funny ability to be so consuming that you swear you feel it everywhere :-/

Im 14dpo according to ff and 16dpo according to dr with no symptoms so its safe to say Im out :( I even talked to my dr about stopping the Crinone today and she said yes so I ddint take it this morning. With all ofo the new info I got from you girls Im hopful for next month for a xmas baby! :)

...no stone unturned Amy!

Jess ~ Glad you are in good health. :hugs: I understand your fears though...fx'd it isnt expensive to store your own blood.

Bethany ~ I hope your MS is tolerable. I have to admit, I'm now curious if there is something out there about grapefruit...is it because grapefruit and other citrus fruits have folate in them that they'd void the folate supplement? Time for Dr Google! (Guess either way it wouldn't hurt to ask the Dr)

Angel, my MS is just fine :thumbup: nothing really tastes or sounds good anymore though. Except water!
Not sure if the grapefruit will react with any of her meds but I know that it can react with some medications. No clue why though. Interesting huh?

Amy, glad you are feeling hopeful again! I always liked the thought of a new cycle and fresh chances to catch the egg! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->