TTC After Loss Buddy Wanted :-)

Lots of great ideas! Such creativity!

So we told dh's parents tonight. No creativity.... Dh just came out and told them. Dh's mom had already guessed since he made an excuse for us not coming to a get together yesterday by saying I was sick to his grandma and told his mom that I was tired. Lol told him he should have blamed Megan vs me that the whole family would assume.

I know they typically don't see you at my hospital til at least 8 weeks and even later when it's not your first baby but with 2 miscarriages this year I thought they would be more understanding at me wanting to be seen earlier and an early scan to see a heartbeat. I had to fight to be seen in august.

Mirage... Talk about willpower!

All these cramps sound promising!!!! FX!!!!!

Oh yeah.... And I had cramps with Megan but I'm now just paranoid about everything. LOL feeling better tonight though.

Hi ladies!

Kate that is a good question. We're ttc #1. The first grand baby for both our sides.

None of my ideas that I've schemed have worked out for me so far. I had all kinds of ideas about how to tell my parents the first time. However, by the time we were able to see them I already knew that I was loosing it... so it turned happy news into sad news.

With 2 MC it takes the fun out of telling people. Part of you wants to say something right away, but the other part of you is cautious and wants to wait. I haven't put much thought into it because both sets of parents now know we've been trying and aren't having much luck. We'll probably be really direct about it. Same as we were about telling them after each time we MC. When we finally get a sticky one I think there will be a lot more celebration and excitement. Right now it seems that being pg isn't as great because our announcements thus far haven't ended well. I think I'll wait until I'm past the point of the previous two before telling (unless of course it is another MC).

There are a few friends and other family members that know about our MCs. So there is a group of people we're keeping in the loop as to what's been happening. I think making a general announcement to the "public" people of our lives wouldn't happen until we are much farther along. It will probably depend on how soon I show and people ask.

Our general policy with telling people about the MCs is if they ask us about children we won't lie about our situation.

My Dr waits until 7-8 weeks too, or at least that's how she did for me the first time, I'm also hoping that because I have had a MC she'll want to start tracking my blood work a little sooner.

Daisy - Congrats on spreading the good news with your parents! Cramps are good, I hope you have lots of healthy pregnancy symptoms! :flower:

How is everyone else doing today? I'm a teacher and have started going back up to school a couple of hours a day to get myself back into the routine, I cannot beleive another school year is here!

hey everyone, thanks for the input and great ideas. I know the follow through is hard, but we can dream right!

Its only Tuesday and I feel like this week is crawling by, im at the office, so bored and its not even 8 o clock yet.

Dh's family comes to visit tomorrow for a week with the baby, so that will be hard. We re excited to see them, but we all know what an obligation having company can be, even if they are great. I like coming home to just my dog after work, i have some time to unwind and then see dh an hour or so later, but now its going to be a full house when I get there. I sound ungrateful, i know, its hard living so far from our families and im happy to have them, its just going to be hard, especially with a 3 month old gorgeous baby girl.

another day down...im extremely tired today...but i think its bc i was so busy at work..the kids r wantin to play n im draggin...so hows everything with yall? anyone tested yet?kate when r u testing?
CONNNNGRRAATTTSSS daisy on tellin the parents!!

Todays my friday!! Yay! I'm so tired & waiting 2 c if af shows or not! Ahhh im pulling my hair out trying not 2 think about it or test! I rather c af than get a bfn & af!!ugh...the TORTURE! LOL

Congrats on telling the parents Daisy!!

Kate I know how u feel! U don't sound ungrateful! Sound like a normal person..lol..I think everyone loves their own space & time. Ur gonna have a great time though that's all that matters!

Txmom time is going fast!! Seems like summer just got here! What grade do u teach?

I'm going to have bloodwork done today, it's been 2 weeks since I mc'd. I'm hoping for levels below 5 so I don't have to go back again (until the next time I'm preggo!). It's so hard sitting in the waiting room with pregnant/ladies with newborns!

Mirage - Weather wise it feels like we've had summer since April here in Texas! I have taught 7th grade math in the past but am moving down to 6th grade this year! Do you teach too?

I know they typically don't see you at my hospital til at least 8 weeks and even later when it's not your first baby but with 2 miscarriages this year I thought they would be more understanding at me wanting to be seen earlier and an early scan to see a heartbeat. I had to fight to be seen in august.

I don't blame you. I definitely would have pushed to be seen before 8 wks as well. Thankfully I think when I get a :bfp: my dr will want to see me since she was very involved with the last one.

I'm going to have bloodwork done today, it's been 2 weeks since I mc'd. I'm hoping for levels below 5 so I don't have to go back again (until the next time I'm preggo!). It's so hard sitting in the waiting room with pregnant/ladies with newborns!

Good luck with your bloodwork today and hopefully your levels are below 5. [-o<

I know what you mean about having to sit in the waiting room with pregnant ladies. The day after our confirmed mmc I had to go back to have the tablets inserted so there I sat with all of those ladies trying my best not to breakdown. Just have to be strong because we'll get those :bfp: very soon!

brooke - i won't test until next wednesday , when af is due, normally i would test earlier, but i dont want to find out (bfn or bfp) while our company is here. i did test yesterday just in case, as it was my last time before they would get here, and obviously it was bfn lol, i dont even know if i ovulated!

im exhausted today, i had so much to do to get the house clean for our company, its still not done yet, but its decent.

I seriously don't know what my body is trying to tell me today! I just had my period on the 4th (started spotting late on the 3rd actually). It lasted through Saturday (only a little light spotting on Sun. morning). So it was pretty typical of how mine are. Today I'm feeling some twinges in my ovary area - which I would typically figure is ovulation, but it seems too early for that to be happening. I wouldn't expect to O until sometime like the 15th -18th. Makes me wonder if it is happening early and we should BD this week too just in case? I was going to start doing it this upcoming weekend through next week. I wish there could be a bit more certainty in all this! Hope everyone is having a good day!

I know what you mean...I've been having twinges this week but we are BDing every other day so hopefully if/when I Oed we'll catch the eggie.

It sounds like you better get busy just in case. Don't wanna miss it if that's what the twinges are.

Good luck and lots of sticky dust :dust:

:hugs:

i suggest to bd every other day from the end of your period until the start of it. i know its hard, and exhausting. but ovulation seems to happen at different times and it would suck if you lost a month of ttc because of timing!

as for me, i think i ovulated last weekend and i still have ewcm, and lots of it. sorry tmi. So now im confused too.

i suggest to bd every other day from the end of your period until the start of it. i know its hard, and exhausting. but ovulation seems to happen at different times and it would suck if you lost a month of ttc because of timing!

as for me, i think i ovulated last weekend and i still have ewcm, and lots of it. sorry tmi. So now im confused too.

I agree. We BD every other day after :af: pretty much until it starts again. It is a lot of work (especially with my LONG cycles) but it is worth it. :sleep: We did that the month that we conceived and obviously it worked. :thumbup:

Did you check your BBT? Hopefully you catch the eggie. Sending lots of sticky dust :dust:

Well I'm still waitin to test I've been so busy with work i haven't had time to symptom spot... I figure I won't this cycle bc I just don't feel like I could even b pregnant.. So we will c

I'm having a hard time concentrating and staying awake today. I just fell asleep in my desk chair for the last 1/2 hour just by slouching down a bit and resting my head against the back. I must be tired if I'm sleeping sitting up! I can't believe it is still only the middle of the afternoon! This nap didn't really help - I'm still tired and want another nap!

bassetgrrl - im not tracking my bbt this month, it was leading to too much over analyzing and stress over it. I will start back up next cycle, af is due in a week today. I feel much more relaxed this month for sure.

Thanks for the sticky babydust and lots to you as well :)

I totally understand that. It's tough to NOT over analyze and stress over it. I've had EWCM for a few days but my temps aren't going up yet so just waiting and waiting. The funny thing is I don't mind getting up at 5:30am because I'm excited to see what my temp is that day. LOL Silly...I know but it gets me going at least.

Good luck and hopefully :af: won't show up next week for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->