TTC After Loss Buddy Wanted :-)

morning everyone,

how was everyones weekend?

I need some advice, non ttc related.

here it goes.. MIL is coming for a visit from the other side of the country. Dh has been wanting to use our vacation time/wedding anniversary to go home to Ontario, I don't want to go because my parents were here for 2 weeks in March and i had a good visit. Dh has not seen his mom (but his uncle and aunt were just here) since november. She misses him a lot and he misses her (obviously) she is young and they are very close. anyways.. here is my issue. She texted me on friday saying shes coming out to visit leaving that night, talk about notice right! Anyways, her boyfriend is a trucker/truck driver? (sorry, dont know the lingo) and he is drving out here right now, so she went with him on her vacation time. So she won't arrive until wednesday and probably will leave thursday or friday. Now, i wanted to keep this a suprise for DH because i know he will love seeing her. okay, so im arranging all of this and i text "See you wednesday" then it clicks.. we have a concert to go to on Wednedsay that we bought tickets for, months ago! These tickets were (80$ each) expensive, and i still wnt to go to the show, now, ive seen the band 3 times already but dh never has, and the concert was actually his idea. we dont get out much because we are paying off debt and dont really know anyone in the new province we moved to (BC). so... i told MIL about the concert and she didnt say much.. Should we just not go to the concert and take the loss to cash that we cant really afford, or go? I feel like we deserve to go, we work hard and deserve a break. on the other hand, if she is only here for 2 days, dh will probably want to spend the time with her, he works full time and so do i, so at night would be the only time we could really see his mom.

im feeling bad even thinking this, but...my parents would never just give us no notice and expect us to move around our plans for them, they fit into our schedules when they visit, we don't fit into theirs.. and dh's mom.. well, kind of expects us to change things for me. its been nearly a year since we have seen her, so i get it.. but... ugh. i dont know. What would you all do? do i ruin the surprise and have dh make the judgement call?

sorry for the long post.. i need opinions..

I would just give him the option to pick whatever is best for him and go with it, no hard feelings either way. Good luck!

@Kgriffiin - Ouch, that's a tough call. Personally, I would break the surprise and give him the choice of what he would like to do, have you thought about posting the tickets for sale so that if you don't go you at least aren't out of the cash?

thanks txmom - i have posted them, such short notice though. im feeling a bit annoyed, i know thats bad.
but... dh and i literally never do anything, we ar ehome bodies, and i want to go still. :(.

i jsut feel like, if it were me, i would ask to come, rather than telling us she is coming, and i would give us more notice than "we are leaving tonight." is that too much to ask? am i being unfair?

Yeah Brooke, you really need to test again but you need a blood test. Did you make that appt. yet?

Kate- tough situation! Is there an option of letting MIL know about the concert and you two still going, then surprising him with her visit the next night? I know she's only there a couple of days, but I would think that you could have the best of both. Go to the concert because those were your prior plans and still see her the next day...should make everyone happy? I think it's rude of her to not give more notice and check to see what your plans were first.

Well, I just got AF today - so I'm out for this cycle. On to September - which would be perfect... I REALLY would LOVE a June Baby!!

No i haven't set up an appointment bc I'm afraid it will tell me sumthin bad:(But I will test again

im sure it wil be fine brooke, could even be great news!
and future - thank you for validating how i was feeling, i ended up teling dh and he is okay with going to the concert still, he thought about not going but i reminded him it was 200 bucks. guess its good i told him. and im totally with you for june babies!!

oh, i forgot to say that DH's SA results are in so im back at the obgyn tomorrow morning so i will get my clomid script hopefully and hopefully SA results are great.

thanks for everyone who helped with opinions earlier, i needed that support :)

That's awesome Kate! Please let us know who the results come back. Good luck!

well, bad news..

dh's morphology came back at 98% abnormal.. the doctor recommended intra uterine insemination but she said its very costly, and to be honest, i dont want to concieve that way, atleast not now. i was feeling hopeful for the most part, i will try IUI in the new year i guess.. feeling very dissapointed and let down.

Kate :( I'm sorry for your news. I wouldn't want an IUI at this point yet either. I think giving it more time and maybe trying that next year sounds like a good idea. I'll be thinking about you! I hope that something will cheer you up soon!

thank you future, means a lot.

Okay ladies, im going to take a break from this website, i feel like its adding to my stress/sadness. these SA results have really sent me in a downward spiral and to be honest, im just feeling really upset.

I wish all of you ladies all of the luck in the world, and no one deserves big, beautiful BFPs like you all do.

I will come back to check on everyone at some point when I feel like I can concentrate on this again, but right now all my energy is going to ttc, and well, its getting me no where. I need to focus on other things in life that bring me joy for the time being.

Hope to be back soon, thank you all for everything and all of the wonderful support you have offered to me.

*BABYDUST* to all of you :)

Kate

I'm sorry Kate! Try to keep your chin up, we're thinkin' about ya! :flower:

Sorry 2 hear that Kate...I hope u find comfort & some joy.don't lose faith, I'll b thinking of u!

Kate, I am sorry to hear that. You need to do what is best for you. Just so you know, some places don't charge much for IUI. At my RE's office it would be less than $300. I've actually considered it even without sperm issues. I can be a bit impatient and sometimes think it might help speed things up.

I hope it all works out for you and no matter what you decide we are here for you. Hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->