TTC After Loss Buddy Wanted :-)

Hi Twinkie,
That's true- I know it wouldn't specifically indicate my own losses, but usually when someone gets behind a a certain cause it is because there is something personal associated with it for them. I guess I don't want those questions asked of me right now.

Thanks- it truly is a weight off my shoulders to know we got in our Bding this month. Last month we missed it because DH had some anxiety/performance issues. We've been putting a lot of pressure on it - and I agree that "sex on demand" is really hard. How do you do it when there isn't any desire to because you've had to do it everyday like a chore.

Wow- that is late in your cycle! Mine initially were a little longer than usual, but after a few months have returned basically back to normal. Typically I range from 24-28 days. Last cycle was a shorter one at 26 days. I think by DTD CD 12, 13, 14, we've got all those potential O days covered.

I've never used OPKs so i don't have any advice on that. Maybe you should do it before he leaves though- don't tell him why - just say it's his send off because you'll miss him while he's gone :)

I hope I get a BFP soon - I'm on the verge of wanting to give up ttc for a while. It is really hard!

Hi ladies :wave: Happy Monday! I'm trying to catch up with everyone so I'll just say welcome to all the newbies and that I'm so sorry for your losses. :hugs:

GL to those in the 2ww!! Hope all of you get :bfp: this cycle!! :dust:

Twinkie - I LOVE what you posted about the FB breast cancer posting. I wish I had said something like that on mine :thumbup: although I'd be worried that someone might ask if it was personal or not.

AFM - after my body playing games with me last week with low and rising temps :shrug: than finally dropping yesterday to the lowest temp EVER! I decided to run out and buy OPKs. Sure enough it came back positive....finally. So let's hope my temp continues to rise and confirm ovulation (I stopped using OPKs in the past because 1) my cycles are crazy long and don't O until like CD30-CD40) and 2) once I got a + surge but did not O until a week or more later). I'll be doing another one when I get home from work to see what it says. (oh great now I'm addicted to poas again...)

I was pretty emotional on Saturday when I found out our friends were expecting and due Feb 17th (sooo close to our orig due date). :cry: It wasn't a total shock that they were preggers because they've been MIA lately but to be this far along was such a blow for me. Don't get me wrong I'm so thrilled for them but it's just really tough. I swear that my list of preggers peeps that I pray for each day just keeps growing and growing...hope we are all on that list real soon. [-o<

Hi Twinkie and Feelinglucky, welcome!Sorry for your loss and I wish you both the best of luck in ttc again! Prayers for eveyone to get that BFP!!

Af has finally gone back to normal 3months later! So I'm praying my O'ing is back on track! It'll be bd'ing time at the end of the week so I'm pretty excited and hopeful, still not using any opks or anything else just trusting my body and God.

Fingers crossed for u Bastegrrl!! I'm very hopeful for all of us and out 2012 babies :)

:( well I am sorry to hear of all ur losses.. I'm very down today n very bitter this girl at work said I'm 11 wks pregnant n I don't even want tha two i have i could have slapped her.. I'm just gutted idk where I am or even Which way to go just really low.. Hope y'all r all doin ok:)

Hi Twinkie and FeelingLucky

So sorry to hear of your losses. Hopefully you get a little bit of comfort from this forum - I know i have! :flower:

Mirage that is brilliant that your cycle is back on track - good on you for pushing through the last 3 months....it must have been really difficult. :thumbup: Enjoy your bding!!

Future I was so happy to hear that you were able to catch your fertile days this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Brooke try and keep your chin up! I know its hard sometimes but it will get easier. :hugs:

Mon how is your pregnancy going? Make sure you keep us updated!

I'm CD18 and got a positive OPK today so dragged my hubby straight to the bedroom...hehe. We BD on Sunday too and will try and make sure we do again tmw.

Silly question...what do you girls do after BD? Do you make sure you stay laying down for a while, put your legs up, pillow under your bum? I think my hubby would think I have lost the plot if I put my legs up in the air.

Hope you all have a great week! xxx

Hi Lily! Everything is going fine so far. HCG is going up very well. Next step is an ultrasound in 1 week and 6 days, eeek!

How are you doing?

Hi Bastetgrrl - sounds like we're both O'ing! What CD are you? Let me know how your second test goes!
Sorry to hear that you went through a tough time last week - its always so hard when close friends fall pregnant (especially with close due dates). Its strange cause we're happy for them but at the same time sad for ourselves. I too find it difficult to deal with but I just try and remind myself that its a natural reaction and it doesn't mean we aren't a good friend.

Hi Lily! Everything is going fine so far. HCG is going up very well. Next step is an ultrasound in 1 week and 6 days, eeek!

How are you doing?

That's fantastic news that your HCG is rising nicely - such a positive sign!!! Not long at all till your ultrasound...too exciting. Very happy for you! :happydance:

I'm good - feeling pretty good and really wishing and hoping for my BFP soon. I'm heading on a trip to Italy in 2 weeks with my mum so really looking forward to that!!!

How are you doing?

That's fantastic news that your HCG is rising nicely - such a positive sign!!! Not long at all till your ultrasound...too exciting. Very happy for you! :happydance:

I'm good - feeling pretty good and really wishing and hoping for my BFP soon. I'm heading on a trip to Italy in 2 weeks with my mum so really looking forward to that!!!

That sounds wonderful! I've always wanted to go to Italy. I've been to Paris, London, and Dublin but Italy and Greece is definately next. Have a great time!:happydance:

Hi Bastetgrrl - sounds like we're both O'ing! What CD are you? Let me know how your second test goes!
Sorry to hear that you went through a tough time last week - its always so hard when close friends fall pregnant (especially with close due dates). Its strange cause we're happy for them but at the same time sad for ourselves. I too find it difficult to deal with but I just try and remind myself that its a natural reaction and it doesn't mean we aren't a good friend.

I'm now on CD29 after my d&c. I had a mmc on July 6th and later had to have a d&c so I'll be SO glad if I have finally Oed. If I did this will be the earliest that I've Oed since stopping BCP in January. :happydance: OPK was negative yesterday evening and this morning. Temp is up so I'm crossing my fingers. Hopefully we both catch the eggie this cycle! :dust:

Yes, this is the fourth person that I know that is due around my orig due date. :sad1: I'm totally thrilled for them all but sad for us losing ours. All we can do now is look toward the future knowing it'll happen for us.

Thanks Lily!
Mon - glad to hear things are going well!!
Mirage- it's great that AF is back to normal - I'm sending good vibes your way! :)
I hope everyone has a good Tuesday. This week is already going too slow for me.

So sorry to hear of your losses. Hopefully you get a little bit of comfort from this forum - I know i have! :flower:

Mirage that is brilliant that your cycle is back on track - good on you for pushing through the last 3 months....it must have been really difficult. :thumbup: Enjoy your bding!!

Future I was so happy to hear that you were able to catch your fertile days this month. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :)

Brooke try and keep your chin up! I know its hard sometimes but it will get easier. :hugs:

I'm CD18 and got a positive OPK today so dragged my hubby straight to the bedroom...hehe. We BD on Sunday too and will try and make sure we do again tmw.

Silly question...what do you girls do after BD? Do you make sure you stay laying down for a while, put your legs up, pillow under your bum? I think my hubby would think I have lost the plot if I put my legs up in the air.

I used to just have my legs up w/pillow but after Mon's pic on here and bfp I do legs up on the wall!

I love this question (and Mon's photo). :lol: I normally put a pillow under my bum and sometimes put my legs up. DH is used to it now. :haha:

I have heard of putting your legs in the air, but I never knew anyone that did it! I may have to try it when it gets closer to O time! I usually just make sure to lay in bed for 10-20 minutes, but usually we :sex: at night, so I just make sure I have done my whole night time routine before, so I can just stay in bed all night. (It kind of sucks getting up in the morning- or in the middle of the night to pee- it is a mad dash to the bathroom iykwim:haha:)

I lay down for as long as I can after with pillows under my butt. I can usually make it that way for at least 15 minutes, but I try for 1/2 hour when time allows.

Thanks Lilyl! I will enjoy it this time! I haven't told hubby when it was time, lol, so now things will be a lil more relaxed!

Fingers crossed for you!!Catch that egg, lol!!

After bd'ing I've recently started putting a pillow under my hips and stay that way till I can't hold my pee anymore lol!! Although it may not b needed because I didn't do that the 1st time we concieved, i don't even think I layed down!

That's great Mon!! I'm so excited 4 u! can't wait till you hear that heart beat!!

Thanks for all the lovely comments and good wishes ladies! I had never done legs up the wall either but since we started an expensive IV treatment last month I was willing to try anything. But it worked so who knew? LOL

Congrats mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Safe and happy 9 months to you xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back