TTC After Loss Buddy Wanted :-)

Daisy- I just got my 2nd blood draw today- first on Wed was 1,700- today is 4,369! I feel so relieved :) My u/s is scheduled for Dec. 9th!! Yay!

Daisy- I just got my 2nd blood draw today- first on Wed was 1,700- today is 4,369! I feel so relieved :) My u/s is scheduled for Dec. 9th!! Yay!

Wow. That is an awesome beta. I would say you are farther than 4 weeks though with that high beta? Either that or twins. They can typically see a sac when beta is over 1000. Are you 4 weeks from ovu? If so at the dr, they add 2 weeks onto that as they go by first day of last AF

Hi Hopeful!
LMP was on October 18th- which puts me at CD32, (of typical 26 day cycle), and roughly 22DPO since I o'ed early this cycle. I looked at an HCG chart and was surprised to see that my numbers would indicate a 5-6 wk range. Wouldn't they have to be a LOT higher to indicate twins though? I'm hoping that it isn't something worse... like an ectopic. However- I'm feeling good so far, no sharp pains or bleeding. I guess I'll know more in a few weeks after the first u/s. I'll be a little nervous until then!

Thanks lily :)

wow future, very high betas, twins i would say!!
hey daisy! someone cancelled, so my ultrasound is now on monday, i will be 8+1, but its a dating ultrasound, so my dates may be a bit off, im praying everything goes okay, lots of anxiety.

Future- that is fantastic :happydance: and if you are maybe 22 dpo then you would be a few days ahead of where you think you are, right? As 14 dpo would be the average 4 week time. So you would be 5 weeks 1 day maybe?? Or am I thinking about it wrong?

Kate- yayay for a scan!!!! I know you will be super nervous. Try to stay busy all weekend and NOT think about it! That's so much better though! You won't have to wait and worry for the next few weeks! :thumbup: So looking forward to your update! I'm sure everything is going perfect! :hugs:

Hi Daisy-
I guess the way I'm thinking about it is from LMP. 28 days divided by 7 days per week = 4 weeks. I'm on the 32nd day/7 = 4.57 (obviously 35 days would be 5 weeks exactly). So I'm a few days short of 5 wks (which I will be Tuesday). I think my ticker is accurate- showing 4+3 today (Friday)- which would be 5wks on Tues too.

Kate- I've been doing reading on twins- there doesn't seem to be any way for me to figure that out from the numbers alone. I'll just have to wait and see what the u/s turns up! I'm so excited to hear how your scan goes!!

But if you ovulate early or late then it affects your dating. When the dr figured out my due date they wanted to make sure I had a 28 day cycle. If you ovulated early and have a 26 day cycle I think it will put you at least a few days ahead. If you typically would have a 30 day cycle you would be a few days behind. Lmp really only works for dates for those who have a 28 day cycle and ovulate on day 15. Not that a few days really matter in the scheme of things... But it may be a reason your betas are higher. :shrug: Either way it's exciting news!

ayclobes, if you got pictures onto CD at your u/s,you could get a second opinon from another dr or a less expensive option is to get your blood count done again if you had done them previously. :hug:

Kate: so excited for you, I am sure it will all go well.

Future: that is great news, It all sounds very reassuring so far!. Yes you are right there is no way of telling if you are having twins with blood test alone.

My consult for the d&c is Monday. I plan on telling the dr I want a 2nd u/s even if I have to pay for it myself.

Daisy - that makes sense. I suppose the Dr.'s have to use a guideline and so they date everyone (initially) from LMP. But I agree that it would be different for everyone based on when they O and how long their cycle is. I guess the first u/s is used mostly for dating purposes? Then that will overule the bloodwork anyways.

Acylobes- that sounds like a good idea to give you peace of mind first. I'd worry too that the Dr. could make a mistake or have a wrong diagnosis.

future - that is soooo positive hon. Woo-hooo to twins ;)

Ayclobes- If it was me I would be getting a 2nd opinion as well. I would also be asking to get bloods done as well to see if they are going down or not. I would always wonder if I didn't really make 100% sure. Good luck with the dr :hugs:

Future- i think you should tell them when you go in that you have 26 day cycles but that you think you ovulate pretty early in your cycle so that if dates are off on your scan then they realize that's why. My first scan at 8+6 baby measured right on my dates, but I ovulate much later than you in my cycle. When did you say you have a scan?

Yeah, I'm gonna ask the dr about getting a 2nd u/s even if i have to pay it myself. As for the bloods, I will request to see if they're going down before i actually have the procedure done..since i had them checked 11/16..they should have gone down some come 11/21 is that right?

What if my bloods shows it went up? that would be a toughy..no hb but levels kept going up..we'll have to wait and see.

not sure acyclobes, they might still be raising? i heard that can happen because your body is still trying to carry the pregnancy, i think getting a second ultrasound is the best bet, i would do the same, thinking of you

I talked it over with my husband..and he does not want me to get another u/s mainly b/c its all out of pocket..our insurance will NOT pay for another u/s..So on with the d&c.

Aclobes- that's ok about no u/s and don't worry about it- it was really just for peace of mind. The sooner you can get through this all the sooner you will be on to a baby...I have been there many times and its soooo friken painful and hard. Huge hugs to you again.

Afm- you girls were good luck:
Just heard my beta- never been this high so early-At 13 dpiui its 285 and prog is 207- (it was 65 after ovu) so I get to cut down to 1 supp every other day
I'm so gassy I think I won't be able to breathe and up all night trying to burp and can't burp or eat. You know its all worth it though if it sticks. I just get paranoid i will literally blow up.
I found out today I can take gas x but it only helps a little. It's gas that is higher and won't come out in burps- anyone got advice? I just took some maalox but doesn't seem to help either. I googled it but haven't found anything good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->