• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC for Baby #1 - Looking for Buddies

Very Very possible!! I was waiting to use OPK next month and assumed the day of big O. But was so so wrong and only found out because of an OPK. My advice is, if AF shows up this month, don't wait until month 8 to chart. Thats putting yourself through this for 3 more months!! Whenever I speak to my friends, they always say that ttc is not that tough if you chart. I started charting mid-cycle and it has helped me a lot!!

Although most places say that implantation can happen anywhere from 6-12 days after O, after reading a bit more, I've learned that it can happen as early as 03 dpo!!! So don't worry :)

But again, chart if you can... It will help you pin point your symptoms. Also... there are 4 stages during your cycle. Stage 1 -Menstruation, Stage 2 - Post Big O, Stage 3 - Ovulation and Stage 4 - Luteal Phase.

In order for a woman to be able to conceive and stay preggos, her Luteal Phase has to 12-16 days!!! Generally this part of the cycle changes rarely. Eg-If I have a 14 day Luteal phase, then I will always have the same thing except for maybe a day less or a day more. So this basically is never supposed to change. The thing about charting and OPK is that it will help you figure out when you ovulate and how long this part of the cycle is. By identifying this, it's easier to predict when to expect AF and for ppl like me who have crazy cycles, it's a god send! Also, if it's too short, you will know in the first month and you can start taking vitamins so that you will get a sticky bean :happydance:

Now above is all only IF AF shows up... I hope it helped!!!

Question - what is Stage 2 = post big o?

can luteal phase change if your body has hormonal changes like with hypo/hyperthyroidism?

than you :)

LearningLife - Think positive thoughts... Now since you seem to be thinking that you may have lost your sticky bean, i'm flipping the coin on you and giving you a few other reasons for the bleeding... Below is a copy and paste from a site.. Please read it.

What are common reasons for bleeding in the first half of pregnancy?
Since bleeding that occurs in the first half of pregnancy is so common (20-30%), many wonder what the causes are besides some of the complications already mentioned. Bleeding can occur in early pregnancy due to the following factors, aside from the above mentioned complications:

Implantation bleeding can occur anywhere from 6-12 days after possible conception. Every woman will experience implantation bleeding differently—some will lightly spot for a few hours, while others may have some light spotting for a couple of days.
Some type of infection in the pelvic cavity or urinary tract may cause bleeding.
After intercourse some women may bleed because the cervix is very tender and sensitive. You should discontinue intercourse until you have been seen by your doctor. This is to prevent any further irritation—having normal sexual intercourse does not cause a miscarriage.

You need to relax lady. All this stress is not good for you.. So just relax and stop googling your symptoms please. Listen, at a time like this, it's good to have positive thoughts. Your not alone and you have supportive friends and a lovely DH from the sounds of it. So do not freak out..

Maybe this will cheer you up.. as of yesterday, I started referring to me and the possible sticky bean as "We" with DH. lol. At first he thought I was nuts, and I think I'm nuts too since I highly doubt the chances of a BFP, but he's now playing along with it :) When he talks he says "Both of you" or "You guys" lol. I generally say things like "we think your jokes are lame" and he says "No, you think my joke is lame, she thinks your crazy (referring to possible sticky bean). It's just something that we are doing for me. "We" also get hungry frequently, so he makes fun of "us" lol. Anyways, take it easy and try to have a good time with it. You need to be happy right now. That's what I've learned. So do whatever it takes. Nine West had a mega massive sale and I shopped! Maybe that's your thing, if it is, go for it!! Just cheer up ok??

Ladies sorry for the long post :) Temps seem to have spiked again today. "We" are now going to bug DH for breaky as he let "Us" sleep in today and just woke up at noon :p

Question - what is Stage 2 = post big o?

can luteal phase change if your body has hormonal changes like with hypo/hyperthyroidism?

than you :)

Stage 2 is Post Ovulation. Here's the thing. BD frequently after AF ends because we all have weird cycles... I started the day after AF left and went at it every day until I knew I was past ovulation. I only missed one day during that period, but, hoping the others covered all my fertile days :blush: Next month, I plan on BDing every other day with DH :happydance:

It can change but not frequently and I am not sure if a medical condition makes a difference. But here's the thing, if you have a short luteal phase, you can go to your doc and talk about it with them. They will ask about your chart though and most expect that you've been charting for at least 2 months.. Either way, it can be fixed!! We have someone else on this thread who has a short Luteal Phase and she said she's been taking vitamins to help out. She's away right now, but should be back soon!!

Take a look at her posts on the thread - her user name is miss malteser.

LearningLife - Think positive thoughts... Now since you seem to be thinking that you may have lost your sticky bean, i'm flipping the coin on you and giving you a few other reasons for the bleeding... Below is a copy and paste from a site.. Please read it.

Since bleeding that occurs in the first half of pregnancy is so common (20-30%), many wonder what the causes are besides some of the complications already mentioned. Bleeding can occur in early pregnancy due to the following factors, aside from the above mentioned complications:

Implantation bleeding can occur anywhere from 6-12 days after possible conception. Every woman will experience implantation bleeding differently—some will lightly spot for a few hours, while others may have some light spotting for a couple of days.
Some type of infection in the pelvic cavity or urinary tract may cause bleeding.
After intercourse some women may bleed because the cervix is very tender and sensitive. You should discontinue intercourse until you have been seen by your doctor. This is to prevent any further irritation—having normal sexual intercourse does not cause a miscarriage.

You need to relax lady. All this stress is not good for you.. So just relax and stop googling your symptoms please. Listen, at a time like this, it's good to have positive thoughts. Your not alone and you have supportive friends and a lovely DH from the sounds of it. So do not freak out..

Maybe this will cheer you up.. as of yesterday, I started referring to me and the possible sticky bean as "We" with DH. lol. At first he thought I was nuts, and I think I'm nuts too since I highly doubt the chances of a BFP, but he's now playing along with it :) When he talks he says "Both of you" or "You guys" lol. I generally say things like "we think your jokes are lame" and he says "No, you think my joke is lame, she thinks your crazy (referring to possible sticky bean). It's just something that we are doing for me. "We" also get hungry frequently, so he makes fun of "us" lol. Anyways, take it easy and try to have a good time with it. You need to be happy right now. That's what I've learned. So do whatever it takes. Nine West had a mega massive sale and I shopped! Maybe that's your thing, if it is, go for it!! Just cheer up ok??

Ladies sorry for the long post :) Temps seem to have spiked again today. "We" are now going to bug DH for breaky as he let "Us" sleep in today and just woke up at noon :p

When can I move in with you three? ;-)

You are so so so sweet!!! Thank you - yes, I'm really trying not to get so put down about the whole thing. DH is very kind and supportive. He put his hands on my shoulders a bit ago and said not to worry, that we can continue to try.
Actually, come to think of it, we only BD's 4x end of last month and only 3x this month so lots of BD'ing to do yet too...lol :)

I posted a new thread to try to figure out the whole opk, bbt, etc etc...so I can be ready for it starting tomorrow, when we finally go home and test.

Now, I'm telling my DH to refer to us as WE :)

Very thankful to have you and all the ladies on this journey.

Think :baby:

When can I move in with you three? ;-)

You are so so so sweet!!! Thank you - yes, I'm really trying not to get so put down about the whole thing. DH is very kind and supportive. He put his hands on my shoulders a bit ago and said not to worry, that we can continue to try.
Actually, come to think of it, we only BD's 4x end of last month and only 3x this month so lots of BD'ing to do yet too...lol :)

I posted a new thread to try to figure out the whole opk, bbt, etc etc...so I can be ready for it starting tomorrow, when we finally go home and test.

Now, I'm telling my DH to refer to us as WE :)

Very thankful to have you and all the ladies on this journey.

Think :baby:
No worries :) Yes do go bd now. A good way to cheer you up lol. Fxd that all goes well for you!! Stay positive and positive things will happen!!

Hey Ladies,

I have a question for you all? I do not Chart or use OPK but I will be looking into it if nothing happens by month 8 TCC. Now currenly on month 5 TTC. My cycles are pretty regular anywhere form 30 to 32 days rarely 28 days has happened but not in the last 6 months. So I base my fertile period on last cycle average on cycle are 30 days. I try where possible to :sex: to cover day 28 to 32 cycle just in case lol but only BD once in this last fertile days based on 30 cycle. (or so I thought may have got 2 in then :happydance:).
Last cycle I came on day 30 I thought :af: would come day 32.

Anyways yesterdy I was at my grandmothers and I felt wetness down there so I went to check and it was brown discharge that came out and when I wiped. It went away after that. I only got brown dischage in the past the day before period starts. I'm not due till next Thursday possibly Tuesday.
So far only been feeling really bloated even if I don't eat much. But I can always get bloadted as AF approaches.
I thought it was a little weird because I am only 4dpo by my guess work. It is possible I ovulated earlier but I would think 4dpo too soon for IB any ideas?

:dust:

Very Very possible!! I was waiting to use OPK next month and assumed the day of big O. But was so so wrong and only found out because of an OPK. My advice is, if AF shows up this month, don't wait until month 8 to chart. Thats putting yourself through this for 3 more months!! Whenever I speak to my friends, they always say that ttc is not that tough if you chart. I started charting mid-cycle and it has helped me a lot!!

Although most places say that implantation can happen anywhere from 6-12 days after O, after reading a bit more, I've learned that it can happen as early as 03 dpo!!! So don't worry :)

But again, chart if you can... It will help you pin point your symptoms. Also... there are 4 stages during your cycle. Stage 1 -Menstruation, Stage 2 - Post Big O, Stage 3 - Ovulation and Stage 4 - Luteal Phase.

In order for a woman to be able to conceive and stay preggos, her Luteal Phase has to 12-16 days!!! Generally this part of the cycle changes rarely. Eg-If I have a 14 day Luteal phase, then I will always have the same thing except for maybe a day less or a day more. So this basically is never supposed to change. The thing about charting and OPK is that it will help you figure out when you ovulate and how long this part of the cycle is. By identifying this, it's easier to predict when to expect AF and for ppl like me who have crazy cycles, it's a god send! Also, if it's too short, you will know in the first month and you can start taking vitamins so that you will get a sticky bean :happydance:

Now above is all only IF AF shows up... I hope it helped!!!

Thank you so much Bezinger, that is a great help. Thank you so much for your support.

My reasons for not doing it right away are I don't always wake up at the same time of day in the Morning. My Partner he works shifts/early mornings he sometimes wakes me up early sometimes 4a.m or I automatically wake up if he does. I usually aim to be up at 7a.m. So I am concerned about the accuracy with my erratic sleep pattern.
I also just wanted to try and go though it this way first I did not want to put too much pressure on myself with OPK and Temping in the early stages. I tend to get over obsessed and over analyze things. I know I would have more knowledge of when I ovulate I guess I was just going through the motions. If I am going to seriously get to work on TCC these tools are a must.
Those are the main reasons. I do see the positives sides to going start looking into it for next cycle if AF comes. :hugs:

]
Thank you so much Bezinger, that is a great help. Thank you so much for your support.

My reasons for not doing it right away are I don't always wake up at the same time of day in the Morning. My Partner he works shifts/early mornings he sometimes wakes me up early sometimes 4a.m or I automatically wake up if he does. I usually aim to be up at 7a.m. So I am concerned about the accuracy with my erratic sleep pattern.
I also just wanted to try and go though it this way first I did not want to put too much pressure on myself with OPK and Temping in the early stages. I tend to get over obsessed and over analyze things. I know I would have more knowledge of when I ovulate I guess I was just going through the motions. If I am going to seriously get to work on TCC these tools are a must.
Those are the main reasons. I do see the positives sides to going start looking into it for next cycle if AF comes. :hugs:

Lotus Womb: I am going to start right along with you next month to temp, opk, chart, cm checking etc. etc. if this month is a fail for me. Upon recommendation of a friend who said will start ttc for the first time this coming March, just ordered the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler and hope to read it to clarify all my confusion on all of the above!

Just got home from Christmas vacation so DH and I are relaxing with some :coffee:

No worries :) Yes do go bd now. A good way to cheer you up lol. Fxd that all goes well for you!! Stay positive and positive things will happen!!

Lady - we just got home finally after our Christmas trip and I got a BFN on my first amazon wodofo pg. test strip so a little smug :smug: but we are definitely going to be OKAY :)

Now, three things. One - if it turns out that it really is BFN all the way - then what do I count as first day of AF...because I'm still just spotting and not enough for me to wear a pad (unless that changes tomorrow)...interesting yet so confusing. I'm not going to know how to count this cycle...

Two - I read someplace of a lady who was BFN until her bleeding stopped completely. That is when she tested BFP!

Three - Along with the test strips, I just bought "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. A friend suggested it to me and then two other ladies on babynbump brought up the same book in another thread so I'm excited to finally read and learn what charting etc. etc. all means and how to begin. Now if only my OPK strips make their way over before we leave for overseas Dec. 31-Jan27!

Hope I'll be able to get on BnB from my parents' place (don't really want them or anyone else to know that we are TTC).

:hugs:

I am also looking for TTC buddies. It's been a very long road for me and my hubby! We go in for our 4th iui tomorrow. Hoping and praying for our :bfp:

Lady - we just got home finally after our Christmas trip and I got a BFN on my first amazon wodofo pg. test strip so a little smug :smug: but we are definitely going to be OKAY :)

Now, three things. One - if it turns out that it really is BFN all the way - then what do I count as first day of AF...because I'm still just spotting and not enough for me to wear a pad (unless that changes tomorrow)...interesting yet so confusing. I'm not going to know how to count this cycle...

Two - I read someplace of a lady who was BFN until her bleeding stopped completely. That is when she tested BFP!

Three - Along with the test strips, I just bought "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. A friend suggested it to me and then two other ladies on babynbump brought up the same book in another thread so I'm excited to finally read and learn what charting etc. etc. all means and how to begin. Now if only my OPK strips make their way over before we leave for overseas Dec. 31-Jan27!

Hope I'll be able to get on BnB from my parents' place (don't really want them or anyone else to know that we are TTC).

:hugs:

Hey!!!!!!!

Honestly I'm not sure. If it's red spotting I would say count it from the day that started. If it's pink or brown, wait until it gets heavier.

Don't worry about the BFN. I've got a few this last week as well. I'm not upset, just prepared.

I was feeling rather strange today, so had to go to docs. They drew some blood to do a pregnancy test before I go in for my pap just so that we can avoid any risks. I haven't tested today because I ran out of test lol.. And all this pregnancy spotting is driving me mad!! So hubs and I are taking a break.

My temps are elevated and no major change there, so that should be good. I honestly feel like I'm out this month and already getting myself ready for TTC month 2. But it's ok :) If i get AF i'm going to do something else to keep myself busy... like dance lessons or something fun that I could also obsess over :happydance:

xoxo

Hey!!!!!!!

Honestly I'm not sure. If it's red spotting I would say count it from the day that started. If it's pink or brown, wait until it gets heavier.

Don't worry about the BFN. I've got a few this last week as well. I'm not upset, just prepared.

I was feeling rather strange today, so had to go to docs. They drew some blood to do a pregnancy test before I go in for my pap just so that we can avoid any risks. I haven't tested today because I ran out of test lol.. And all this pregnancy spotting is driving me mad!! So hubs and I are taking a break.

My temps are elevated and no major change there, so that should be good. I honestly feel like I'm out this month and already getting myself ready for TTC month 2. But it's ok :) If i get AF i'm going to do something else to keep myself busy... like dance lessons or something fun that I could also obsess over :happydance:

xoxo

So, what where the results of your blood test?

taking a break sounds good to me! I'm doing that currently - working two days, then off to my home country saturday the 31st for almost a month! I guess we can BD there as often as possible...hope my OPKs come in on time before we leave. Also need to buy a bbt, then I'll be all set.

I'm waiting for either red spotting or the red waterfall! Brown continues...and if I don't get the red - I'm going to be a bit clueless!

Dance lessons sound fun :) Good exercise too!

Let's continue our journey...on we go :flower:

Hey!!!!!!!

xoxo

taking a break sounds good to me! I'm doing that currently - working two days, then off to my home country saturday the 31st for almost a month! I guess we can BD there as often as possible...hope my OPKs come in on time before we leave. Also need to buy a bbt, then I'll be all set.

I'm waiting for either red spotting or the red waterfall! Brown continues...and if I don't get the red - I'm going to be a bit clueless!

So here's the kicker to the results... I've got to wait until Friday morning to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh I am not the patient type. Very much so type A, high strung. So all this waiting is not good for my "Zen"

Hmmm. Either way I am hoping I will find out. AF is due in a few days. So who knows!! Might get an early visit.. Might not. You know they have invented a way to get to space and discovered another planet much larger than earth which contains water on it, but they can't figure out a way to make the TWW shorter..

Scientist I tell you... Mad!! All of them are MAD!! And they invented god damn spanx which women love and makes millions selling it. Can you imagine how much money they could make if they find a way to tell us the moment implantation happens and our rise in HCG levels?? They would make a fortune!!

They even convert waste into energy.. I think it's time to pitch these ppl a new idea!!!

LOL, that was a great laugh thanks!

Thank you Julia :blush:

And thanks for reading my little mini rant... lol. i'm glad u enjoyed it. I promise you that every day that goes by will make them more eratic :dohh:

So stay tuned!!

]

Lotus Womb: I am going to start right along with you next month to temp, opk, chart, cm checking etc. etc. if this month is a fail for me. Upon recommendation of a friend who said will start ttc for the first time this coming March, just ordered the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler and hope to read it to clarify all my confusion on all of the above!

Just got home from Christmas vacation so DH and I are relaxing with some :coffee:

Thanks I will look to get this book also. I feel clueless. I have signed up to Fertilityfreind.com. They send daily tutorials so I am getting there lol.
Good luck.

Welcome aucapi12 this is a great place for Support and learning :winkwink:

Hey!!!!!!!

xoxo

So here's the kicker to the results... I've got to wait until Friday morning to get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh I am not the patient type. Very much so type A, high strung. So all this waiting is not good for my "Zen"

Hmmm. Either way I am hoping I will find out. AF is due in a few days. So who knows!! Might get an early visit.. Might not. You know they have invented a way to get to space and discovered another planet much larger than earth which contains water on it, but they can't figure out a way to make the TWW shorter..

Scientist I tell you... Mad!! All of them are MAD!! And they invented god damn spanx which women love and makes millions selling it. Can you imagine how much money they could make if they find a way to tell us the moment implantation happens and our rise in HCG levels?? They would make a fortune!!

They even convert waste into energy.. I think it's time to pitch these ppl a new idea!!!

You are hilarious!!! Gosh, what a long time to wait!

These scientists really need to do some re-thinking in the area of fertility, c'mon people!!!

AF got me today - yep the whole red bang. If I knew all it would take is doing one simple pg. test, then I'd have gotten one from the pharmacy earlier...now I'm officially between 25-41 days, what am I supposed to do with that?!! Grrr

Got to go to work today so ladies, have a wonderful day - make the most of it.

:hug:

Good morning ladies.

I think AF just got me. I had a few drops of fresh red blood! ugh. I guess the upside is that I'm getting my first real period after stopping bcp's last month and it was right on time :) Round 2 now. I think I will buy a thermometer, do you guys really think I should also use an OPK? Good luck to everyone else.

Good morning ladies.

I think AF just got me. I had a few drops of fresh red blood! ugh. I guess the upside is that I'm getting my first real period after stopping bcp's last month and it was right on time :) Round 2 now. I think I will buy a thermometer, do you guys really think I should also use an OPK? Good luck to everyone else.

Oh Ladies I am so sorry that AF got you, but on the upside, you've still got another month to try :) I still have 2 days to go, so waiting patiently. So last night was a little insane for me. After I logged off the site, I started feeling dizzzy..

But it was a weird dizzy and I have gotten it before when my blood pressure dropped (no reason to drop really given that I eat a crap load of salt). So had to turn everything off and go to bed. Hubby was trying to finish a project at home so he had an all nighter and I know he didn't come to bed until like 2.

Anyways, going back to feeling dizzy.. I laid down on my bed, shut my eyes and felt like my whole world was spinning!! Felt like i just got off the teacup ride at disney land :wacko:

Well finally got to sleep. And then woke up at 4 am to vivid dreams (my dreams are insane, i feel like i get no rest because they are so damn "action packed". It's like a crazy Tom Cruise action movie minus Tom Cruise). Needed to pee, but didnt want to get out of bed because still felt dizzy. So went to sleep and woke up again at 8. Still dizzy. Had some trouble with BBT and finally got an accurate reading. Temp is highest it's been this month. Fell asleep and woke up at around 10. Still dizzy, so hubs has set up my work laptop in our bed room.

I honestly feel like crap when I get this dizzy. I think i'm crazy, but I swear to you, I feel like I'm going to fall or something. So another day spent in bed :(

With all this going on, my mom called yesterday. She knows we're trying and when I told her I'm 10 dpo and started throwing statistics at her she got all "let it happen naturally" and blah blah. I work 60 hours a week and so does DH. I had to explain that for us to BD that frequently, we need to know what's happening when and make room for it in our day. Sad huh? lol. She's mad. She thinks I shouldn't temp or OPK. I think she's old fashioned and crazy. She did get knocked up during her honeymoon.. So blah! Just trying to explain that all of these things is important to keep me sane is tough with mother dearest. So I do what any good daughter does. Avoid her until I am calm and in my right mind!!

Ok sorry about the long post. A lot happened and I'm feeling a lot of things and wanted to get it all out!!

Hope you ladies are doing well and stay strong my lovelies

xoxo

Bezinga: I truly hope you feel better soon! Dizzy has to STOP!!! Your mama makes me laugh too! I would never tell my mom that I'm bbt'ing, cm'ing, opk'ing, and whatever else'ing! :)

Ladies - I'm celebrating the return of AF with a glass of wine. Here's to hoping we are blessed with our little miracles in 2012 :)

Fx'd and for you bezinga, :dust:

Can't wait to hear tomorrow! :)

Hey Ladies,

I've gotten a bit lost in this thread but I thought I'd give you an update since babyfeva, bezinga and I were all on nearly identical cycles.
Well AF got me on Xmas day!! The witch came early! so that made my cycle 21 days, the shortest I've ever had and I didn't even know I had ovulated. So getting ready to ttc again, I'm doing everything now, charting, opk's, checking CM the lot!

fingers crossed for you Bezinga! I'm so excited for you!!

babydust to you all! lets all hope for a 2012 :BFP:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back