TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Try4 your chart is looking good and day 9 is also a good day for an implantation dip in temps - you'll have to wait and see what happens though in the next few days. Hoping you will be here with us soon.

Celtic IBS is awful - glad it is slowly getting better. I don't know anything that would make it better though.

Kicks are still great for me - I think week 20-24 is the best with those as they are low and happen often but will see how it goes in the next few weeks.
Stopped thinking so much about birth options - I will chat to my gynae again and find out what he really thinks in a weeks time and then make a decision - trouble is I don't really have that many options and I must just remember that I want a healthy baby no matter which way she is born.

Tonight ios both Guy Fawkes and Dewali so there are loads of fireworks and my dogs are all inside and scared. Hoping people have the sense to look after their animals as I am not keen to spend my day tomorrow stitching animals that ran away and trying to find the owners of strays (we already had two this afternoon) but obviously we will have to wait and see how it goes.

Hi every one :hugs:

Im feeling so much better now just the normal tired feeling :flower: took ages for the pain and trapped wind to ease but I think I found the trigger I had only started to have a glass of Diet coke with my dinner and last weekend my sis was down and had a lot more than I normally would and think thats what done it, so have decided none is best and stick with my water :thumbup:

Im so excited I had my scan on friday and it was brilliant Im so glad I had one private it was amazing I was blown away with the detail I was so worried because I have a bit of extra weight on me that the picture would not be great or they wouldnt get any good 3D pictures.
Plus as soon as she started the scan there He was in all his glory my beautiful little boy :happydance::happydance:Im so happy I didnt mind what I had and knowing is so nice I cant wait to meet him, he looks very cute in his scan a very nice profile well I am biased though! :haha:
I have some brill pictures but disk drive does not work on my labtop so DH is sorting that out for me.

The best bit was my DS who is 4 wanted a little brother, really really wanted a little boy and when I told him he was jumping with joy and hugging and kissing my belly telling every one it was so touching and sweet :cloud9:

on another note baby is measuring 22 weeks 5 days over all, I assumed that would be because of the GD and was all down to a fat little belly but nope it was length and other measurements that gave the size! he weighs about 1lb 1oz give or take an OZ so wonder what the hospital will make of that :haha:

Congrats on the baby boy Celtic! He sounds like he will be a big boy too - though I never trust ultrasound measurements - need to go and look up what mine should weigh at 24 weeks since I have my next scan on Thursday (had to move it a day since I am having a busy time at work til Wednesday)

Your DS sounds so cute - glad he was so happy.

Thought my signs were mild recently but seems the heartburn and leg cramps have started now and I am feeling very heavy lately and having to sit down and rest more lately at work. Have 3 rough days at work in a row and then 5 days (weekend included) off so counting the days at the moment.

Thanks tryfor :hugs: your so sweet means a lot :hugs:

Tanikit yea they can get thse size wrong, but I have felt this baby is big all along so I was not a bit surprised, in actual fact I have the report from my 10 week scan and baby was ahead then as well, but doc said stick with my dates, then 16 week scan same thing and she said she wouldnt change my due date and then same thing friday. but I dont want them to change when baby due, I doubt they will any way and they will monitor so all will be ok:haha: I have the big scan in the hospital at 23 weeks so they will check the heart etc and size again.

here is two pictures

Attachments

• KELLYNIAMH20101105193226963.jpg
    KELLYNIAMH20101105193226963.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • KELLYNIAMH20101105193313144.jpg
    KELLYNIAMH20101105193313144.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
Celtic well if he's big right from the beginning then he's probably just big - they say diabetic babies remain normal sized up until late in the second and especially even later in the third trimester - so maybe he's just genetically big. My little girl has been spot on up until now but I suspect that she will gradually appear bigger and bigger on the next few scans. I am sure she's getting bigger already as my uterus is higher above my belly button than it should be by now.

My stretch marks from last pregnancy are really starting to show - I only got them at 36 weeks but suspect I will get new ones very soon and am not looking forward to that.

Celtic well if he's big right from the beginning then he's probably just big - they say diabetic babies remain normal sized up until late in the second and especially even later in the third trimester - so maybe he's just genetically big. My little girl has been spot on up until now but I suspect that she will gradually appear bigger and bigger on the next few scans. I am sure she's getting bigger already as my uterus is higher above my belly button than it should be by now.

My stretch marks from last pregnancy are really starting to show - I only got them at 36 weeks but suspect I will get new ones very soon and am not looking forward to that.

Yea thats what I aways thought as well, Im a little nervours to be honest, as last time I felt baby was big from the start was on my DS2 and he was a 10 pounder :haha::dohh: I got him out though! bit shocked that I did it LOL but I guess they said they will watch closely from 26 weeks for size Im hoping he will just be a long baby ah well I dont care as long as he gets here healthy

Mine is the same, I was just saying to DH I did not think I feel kicks that high up already, but That can be normal second time round, its ok to measure 2 weeks ahead on fundal height. Ive always have but then Im small.

So when will they start watching your little DD size :flower:

They have been watching it since the beginning since I get scans with a gynae and every time they measure the estimated growth - it was correct at the 20 week scan though I need to look up before I go what she should weigh each time as he never tells me what normal is only what she weighs then.

I am just not sure what happens after 32 weeks as I am scheduled for NSTs but no scans listed but I am sure I will have a few anyway.

Oh my goodness Niamh! Congratulations - a little boy! That's so wonderful. And the scan photos are incredible - wow!!

Sorry you are feeling a bit rubbish Tanikit - hope those days off come really soon!

So I am halfway now! Hurrah! Here is my halfway photo....

Our first scan on Friday - so exciting!

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 0
Oh my goodness Niamh! Congratulations - a little boy! That's so wonderful. And the scan photos are incredible - wow!!

Sorry you are feeling a bit rubbish Tanikit - hope those days off come really soon!

So I am halfway now! Hurrah! Here is my halfway photo....

Our first scan on Friday - so exciting!

Thanks Lucky, Im still chuffed, your bump pic is so pretty I saw it on FB :thumbup: good luck with the scan I have another one on the 19 fro the hospital.

Tanikit how you feeling now :hugs:

I had my hospital appointment today, I was put on insulin so start to night, only a small dose for now morning and evening. Ive to ring on friday with my readings, They are very keen for me to have my scan in the hospital now to check baby size I guess I know he is big all ready at least this way he wont get GD big even if he naturally big any way. :flower:

Lucky - you mst be excited for your scan. Bump looks great! Congrats on halfway.

Celtic that is good about the insulin - at least you should be abe to get things under control easier now (although that is not always the case) Hope you manage ok with the injections - you have done this before with pregnancy right?

One more afternoon at work today and then I am off for 5 days - yay! It has been a bit stressful with the work but I have managed ok - the atmosphere there is better when the boss is away so that has also helped somewhat. 24 week check and scan tomorrow at 10:00am - its viability day today though not sure exactly what that means where I live.

Hi Tanikit, Hopefully it does work so far my fasting level was still a little high I have to ring with my levels on friday and they will tell me if I need to change them and up the amount of Insulin I need. very low to start with but Ive done it before so will be ok again this time once I get in the swing of things.

Happy V day I aways thought that was 26 weeks I guess in some places its 24 depending on level of care they can give you I want a full term baby please LOL

Enjoy your scan update us when you can cant wait to hear how bubs is doing:flower:

Yes, I am not sure what this countries rules are - I think if you have enough money they will try to save any baby - in the public sector they won't even give the babies an incubator if they weigh less than 1kg (2.2 pounds) because there are not enough incubators so that means viability day is a long way off from 24 weeks in our public hospitals.

I think when they start the insulin they are worried you will go low so they start at low doses of insulin and your levels stay high a bit and then they gradually increase the insulin to get them better - its a bit frustrating when you want them normal, but at the same time lows can be very dangerous especially if you are not used to them so they don't want to risk it I imagine. Hope they get it better soon.

My levels have been low most of today - I was worried the afternoons might be high since I have been working and not testing so much and I eat more in the afternoons, but today they were low when I did test. It has made me very tired today, but work wasn't busy so I could even lie down for a bit. Its nothing like first trimester though so I feel like I am coping ok - the occassional low and being late for work will do in my mind - it was the every day issues of first trimester I couldn't handle. Still think though that my hbA1c will be higher than I'd like and that baby will be getting too big soon enough - ah well, can only do the best I can.

Happy V day Tanikit and hope you are enjoying your well-earned days off!

Just wrote this in my diary so thought I would post it here too:

Had our scan today - I was quite nervous as this is our first scan....excited but definitely nervous too.

However - all was fine! It was so cute, the baby was a real wriggler, was hardly staying still but we got some good pictures. The sonographer said all was looking 'lovely' and that according to the measurements, they would put me one week ahead of what I think I am. But I know exactly when I ovulated (c'mon, I am a BnBer - I know that stuff!) so I am sticking to my own dates. Just means the baby is a little big I think...

The only thing was that the placenta looks a tiny bit close to my cervix - they call it 'clear' if it is 3cm away and it is just under 3cm, so I might have to have another scan at 32 weeks. She said it was nothing to worry about though, and that it is most likely that it will move as the uterus expands.

So it was lovely really, pretty special stuff.

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
OMG - Honey got her BFP!!! So wonderful! I told her to come over when she felt like it. So happy for her!

Lucky lovely scan pic ahhhhh :flower: another big bub LOL like me I cant wait to see my scan next friday to see what they say on size like you Im 100% sure of my OV date :thumbup:so thing just a big boy long like my others as long as Im not going to try out a 10 pounder Im ok!

Im so happy for Honey :happydance::happydance: hope she come in soon for a visit :happydance:

long time no speaky girls!!!!!!! Hope you are all well! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Honey congrats and hope you pop by soon.

Lucky sounds like baby is doing well -so nice to have good scans, love the picture! Mine has always measured one week ahead (well since 12 weeks) so maybe we will all have big babies or else our guys/girls just have earlier growth spurts. I have stuck to the due date I worked out though the doctor put it two days later based on forst scan - if he changed it every time he measured then by the end I would be having my baby in very early February :) Hope your placenta moves soon but get some rest while it is low!

24 week scan went well. I have booked a 4d scan for 18 December - a week before Christmas as it is part if the hospital package - should be fun as they are just letting us look and not looking for abnormalities. She was weighing 730g (1 pound 9 ounces) at the scan which is just over a week ahead and the doctor sounded more keen on a natural/induced birth depending what she does size wise over the next 3+ months. My glucose has been low lately and blood pressure also low (sugars went dangerously low this afternoon so that was a bit scary, but they haven't done that in a while - at least I know I am keeping them relatively ok - if they are ok there will always be some lows thrown in somewhere) She's got really active and kicks a lot.

Should be doing the nursery this evening, but I am too tired. Hopefully will get a chance tomorrow though DD has a birthday party to go to too so that may tire me out too as I must also go - but I refuse to swim with her - I am too fat to be seen in a costume in public :)

Happy V day today Nix!

Yay for 4d scan! I'm very tempted :)

Hey hun they are so worth it, I had one this day last week and I was blown away my little baby was so cute I think I posted a picture if you want to have a look back. I will never regret getting it.

Tanikit thats great on your good scan as well, hope the lows give you a break now my trend is upwards :dohh:

I had to ring the hospital today with my blood sugar readings and my Midwife rang me back they have increased the insulin and Im on 4 injections a day now, Im ok about it its all for the baby sake :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->