• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

I told myself I wouldn't but for some reason I was testing on auto pilot - thats my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Lol Mush - its great you got your BFP so early - so how many more tests have you done since then?

Niamh those are great lines - nice and dark!

Its 03:30am and I have spent the last half hour in the bath - cannot sleep. Fell asleep at 19:00 curled on the end of my DDs bed when I put her down last night and DH had to come and wake me to go to bed.

Still feeling thoroughly sick - I ate nothing yesterday, but trying to drink something except I keep throwing up. Hopefully the vomiting tablets will help as I need to eat. Luckily with illness my sugars tend to go high so if I eat nothing they seem to stay reasonably normal even on the same insulin. I am taking the day off work today and will not go back til Monday but have to look after DD - any ideas on keeping a sick toddler busy without having to strain myself?

Lol Mush - its great you got your BFP so early - so how many more tests have you done since then??

oooh you cant ask that! :blush: its more than 10!

as for entertaining a poorly toddler - when my brother was a little one, we used to play "cut and stick" aka sticking a toilet roll tube to a ceral box and calling it a fire engine :wacko:

I do hope your pills help with sickness... can't be much fun!

I lay in bed last night with my eyes closed just thinking "I'm so tired" but wouldnt fall asleep, well I must have eventually as I've not long woken up :haha:

Well the doctor thought I was basically an idiot asking for help with ms. I work 45 mins away and can't get there while feeling like this. Never mind. I'm sure it can only get better :)

I hope my scan is ok on Monday. I hope the see what they should. I'm so scared about it!!

Mush 4 so far including one at the docs and I have another digital waiting for me for next week LOL looking forward to seeing 3+ on it

Tanikit hmm drawing or may be a day on the couch watching a favourite movie hope you and she are feeling better soon.

Neilix try not to stress to much, easier said than done I know! https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html#week6 I found this link so you have an idea what you will see your prob going to be 7 weeks though the pictures go right up to 40 weeks :flower:

Well had my doc appointment today, she wants to see me when Im 12 weeks to check my blood sugars her self and I have to check them once a day now, its always my fasting level that rises first weird, she said the hospital closest to me has a very long waiting period before they see you like 20 weeks, my doc put down on my notes I needed to be seen asap as I develop it well before that, I rang the hospital my self and I have to ring to talk to the antenatal sectarty tomorrow and the girl I was talking to today said I was to be pushy some of the sectary's are abrupt and you need to be pushy eeek how are they working in such jobs with that type of personality eeek and to think I was worrying about them wanting me in for 8 weeks LOL

Linny how are you feeling today :flower:

Nix good luck for your scan on Monday - hoping it will give you a lot of reassurance.

Niamh - I agree be pushy when needed! Glad they are keeping an eye on you. My sugars dived today cause I am not eating (they were 1.6) but I managed to eat a sucker and climbed into bed with DD and we slept for about 4 hours. She is still vomiting and has a terrible diarrhoea so I guess its back to the doctors tomorrow as I am worried she will dehydrate and the medication is nearly finished.

Nix try and get another doctor to get you something for the nausea - its ridiculous to pretend its all ok - some people really battle badly with it and need the treatment and especially for work!

Mush lol :) I only took 3 this time round (5 last time) but I have also had blood tests and a scan so that kinda pushes it up a bit.

:wave: girls!

Celtic I'm feeling better today thanks, my headache finally eased! It was prob the worst I ever had, even my hair follicles hurt :D

Still feeling sicky, unless I eat and I find that hard cos Ive gone off loads of foods. I'm loving cheese and beans at the mo yum yum!! A couple of weeks ago i lived on boiled eggs??? :lol:

How you feeling hun?

Nixilix.....hello! Your ms sounds horrendous, surely they would offer you something? I hope your scan goes well on monday, I'm sure everything will be just fine!

Tankit....whoah a stomach bug when pregnant, how awful, and another LO to take care of. I really feel for you hun! i struggle just being pregnant :D

Mush...hello again! Hope your good!!

I'm off to sunny Scotland tomorrow and then scan saturday so keep your FX'd for me x x

Oh meant to ask....... tank & celtic.....do you have diabetes?

Ive been told I have to have a GTT test next time I'm at the mw becos my brother has diabetes along with my grandparents. Does that mean I'm high risk of developing it during pregnany?

Nix good luck for your scan on Monday - hoping it will give you a lot of reassurance.

Niamh - I agree be pushy when needed! Glad they are keeping an eye on you. My sugars dived today cause I am not eating (they were 1.6) but I managed to eat a sucker and climbed into bed with DD and we slept for about 4 hours. She is still vomiting and has a terrible diarrhoea so I guess its back to the doctors tomorrow as I am worried she will dehydrate and the medication is nearly finished.

Nix try and get another doctor to get you something for the nausea - its ridiculous to pretend its all OK - some people really battle badly with it and need the treatment and especially for work!

Mush lol :) I only took 3 this time round (5 last time) but I have also had blood tests and a scan so that kinda pushes it up a bit.

I sure will be, need to be and nothing makes you pushy like that when you know your self the risks. wow that is low hun glad you were ok, I got a tummy bug with DS2 I was so sick massive back pain, DH and my DS got it as well, I was so nervous as I had the MC before I went to my doc and he said I don't know why you are here nothing I can do to stop a tummy bug, I was so upset and gave out to him as soon as I reminded him of my MC and how worried I was he changed his tune and way I'm digressing he gave me antibiotics and it cleared it up straight away! hope your DD is OK I hate when they are sick poor things.

Oh meant to ask....... tank & celtic.....do you have diabetes?

Ive been told I have to have a GTT test next time I'm at the mw becos my brother has diabetes along with my grandparents. Does that mean I'm high risk of developing it during pregnany?

Hi Linny Im ok feeling a wee bit off, and soooo tired had to have a nap earlier!
Tanikit had Diabetes I am pre diabetic I think its called impaired glucose tolerance so I need to watch my diet all the time and I do random check on my blood sugars. its made my weight loss journey as slow as a snail, the ironic thing is I was doing well the last 4 weeks have 1 pound off half a stone LOL.
If you do have a history of Diabetes in your family they do check it out, dont worry about it, it sounds very scary but is manageable with diet and if necessary insulin, I was so upset the first time I needed insulin but a week later and I was grand and last time was easy as well. watch your diet now don't over load on fatty and sweet foods. I eat all whole grain, brown rice, bread and pasta I eat sweet potatoes rather that normal ones as they are low GI all help lower blood sugars and you feel great plus extra fibre is good esp as that end slows wayyyy down with all the hormones LOL

Hope that helps any way if it does happen you have us here to help you :hugs:

hello all .

celtic congrats xxxx

mush congrats . so pleased for u both

im due on feb 11 2011 going by scan xxxx

Well the doctor thought I was basically an idiot asking for help with ms. I work 45 mins away and can't get there while feeling like this. Never mind. I'm sure it can only get better :)

I hope my scan is ok on Monday. I hope the see what they should. I'm so scared about it!!

Blooming Docs! if its really bad they can help surely - grrrrr

Mush 4 so far including one at the docs and I have another digital waiting for me for next week LOL looking forward to seeing 3+ on it

Tanikit hmm drawing or may be a day on the couch watching a favourite movie hope you and she are feeling better soon.

Neilix try not to stress to much, easier said than done I know! https://www.baby2see.com/development/ultrasound_sonogram/first_trimester_scans.html#week6 I found this link so you have an idea what you will see your prob going to be 7 weeks though the pictures go right up to 40 weeks :flower:

Well had my doc appointment today, she wants to see me when Im 12 weeks to check my blood sugars her self and I have to check them once a day now, its always my fasting level that rises first weird, she said the hospital closest to me has a very long waiting period before they see you like 20 weeks, my doc put down on my notes I needed to be seen asap as I develop it well before that, I rang the hospital my self and I have to ring to talk to the antenatal sectarty tomorrow and the girl I was talking to today said I was to be pushy some of the sectary's are abrupt and you need to be pushy eeek how are they working in such jobs with that type of personality eeek and to think I was worrying about them wanting me in for 8 weeks LOL

Linny how are you feeling today :flower:

ooh 12 weeks isnt too bad eh? like you said you were worried they'd want you too early FX they get it controlled nice and easy chick!

hahaha of course it does! I think as soon as I had some bloods, i'd stop! I wish I would stop now I'm driving myself (and hubby) crazy! :wacko:

hello all .

celtic congrats xxxx

mush congrats . so pleased for u both

im due on feb 11 2011 going by scan xxxx

Thank you Mandy!!! time Is flying by for you eh!?

Nix _ FX for the scan xx

Linny I am a type 1 diabetic and have been for 19 years - think I'd know what I was doing, but pregnancy changes things quite a bit. Your chances of getting G/D are higher if you have a family history (particularly of type 2 diabetes) but they should keep a check on you and maybe you get by without.

Nix not too long for your scan - are you more nervous or excited? Hope it goes really well.

Took DD back to the doctor today and she's now on a second course of antibiotics and a whole lot of meds that she spits out the minute I get it into her mouth - sigh. She is doing a little better today though and so am I - can keep some food down, but still feel very sick. I got someone to help clean the house today cause I am not coping very well so that also makes me feel a bit better. DH is sick now too but went to work today and tomorrow we will go to the inlaws who can hopefully babysit while we sleep - just hope they don't get sick too. DH said I musn't tell his mother he is sick - I asked him if he thought his mother wouldn't notice when he eats no food. Men - really!

Good morning ladies :flower:

How is every one feeling, Im tired but finding it hard to sleep :wacko:even though I do not need to be up at 7am every morning I wake up try to go back to sleep I cant and have to get up driving me nuts as DD is still asleep :shrug:

Any way I was having a looking around and found this link all in the name of fun it pridicts what you are having the strange thing is it is band on right with all my kids if any one wants a go here is the link! https://www.findoutbabygender.com/:winkwink: all in the name of fun LOL

:wave: celtic!

Thanks to you and Tankit for the info on diabetes! My brother is type 2 (or so they think) so its controlled by tablets and diet. My granddad had type 1, and grandma type 2! Back at midwife on thurs so I should be getting the GTT. They've checked my urine and that was fine so I'm sure all is well :D

Well I had my scan saturday, all looked good. I saw the heartbeat again, and it was jumping around everywhere and still measuring how it should :happydance: Only let down was it wasn't very clear. Apparantly my bladder wasn't full enough (at my last scan my bladder was too full and I had to empty it TWICE so I can't seem to get it right!) But I feel much more relaxed that all is going well :D

How is everyone else?

Celtic.....just did the gender predictor and it says a girl awwww! Its funny cos my mum is convinced I'm having a girl and always refers to it as 'she'!

Anyone nicknamed their bumps yet?

Mine is 'little little' :D

Tanikit - how are you all feeling now??

oooh Niamh my predictor said girl, as has every other predictor! so thats what I'm going with!

linny - thats such a cute name! lol, mine is the Mushmellow... :haha:

I had my doctors appt this morning. My BP is way high, the first reading she got was 150/100, and after lots of calming breaths and 3 more attempts the lowest we got was 134/96. I have to go back in 3 weeks and try again, and if its no better I'll be medicated. 3 weeks is also my booking in appt with the midwife.

Because of the MC, the doc has referred me for combined care with the hospital, so who knows what that really means. I feel like poop today!

the doc said she was impressed with us getting pregnant again and told hubby "well done" more than once!

how are we all anyway?

Linny:happydance::happydance: great news about a good scan, they are prob doing the GTT a little early as its GD normally kicks in the bigger you get as hormones increase and baby leans on organs think pancreas, on less your like me and pre diabetic so as soon as Im pregnant symptoms kick in. which are very like early pregnancy symptoms any way :haha:

watch out for thirst,frequent pee stops, feeling tired see all pregnancy related except the thirst you will drink and drink and never feel satisfied. Im sure you will be fine and even if you do develop it. its not as scary as it sounds and as long as you look after your self you grand and so is bub:flower:

I got girl as well on that gender prediction and it was right for all my others as well we shall see I don't care at all this time, boy or girl I will be happy healthy and in my arms is all I want:flower:

Mush you were prob nervous and excited and that might have made you BP high, I think if that happens in the hospital they leave you for about half an hour and give you a chance to relax then retake it. hopefully you wont need medication this early. I say in stead of just having your booking in appointment with the hospital, they will do hospital doc hospital doc in stead of all doc till the end stage of pregnancy. I think any way

so far we are all predicted Girls :happydance: is any one finding out!!!

Im feeling the effects of high sugars I think, Im sooo thirsty but the water is doing nothing for me at all I have to check my bloods every morning and they have to be under 5 the lowest has been 5.8 not high in normal terms but in pregnancy they are stricter.
Tanikit what level do you have to keep yours at, I know you are having lots of lows has that even out a bit for you. I hope you had a nice rest at your MIL and Dh is better as well.

Neilix good luck today at your scan, I hope your not to scared and nervous and up date is as soon as you can :hugs:

Ha ha mushmellow......very cute :D I hope your BP comes back down and you don't have to be put on meds hun!

Celtic....thanks for the reasurrance hun! As soon as I got my BFP I noticed I was drinking alot more, especially in the morning but I'm not as bad now! Normally I'm not a thirsty person so I put it to being a pregnancy symptom so i guess I'l just have to try and eat alittle better (something Ive been struggling with as can't stand the thought of potatoes/veg/gravy.......maybe will try salads and pastas!)

As for finding out the sex, i'm on the fence. OH wants to so were more orgnanised but has said its up to me. I'm torn. Ive 8 more weeks to think about it though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->