• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

It went fab! Saw baby and heartbeat pumping away. Then we heard it! 140. I'm so happy. Will post a wee piccie later xx

Nixilix:happydance: so happy for you I know you were nervous :flower:

Linny I do and I don't want to know, I think Ild like the surprise IYKWIM as I have found out on all of my others. this is my last baby so may be do things differently but I think I will cave LOL

I decided to do my last Digital and I got 3 + yay :happydance: HCG doubling phew

Any one else feel hungry all the time, Im not caving in to it, but it means I have a constant hunger pain. Im trying to eat right but not lose the run of my self as I have a bit to lose any way, I don't want to diet when Pregnant but I don't want to pig out either.

Awwww Congrats Nix!!! I cant wait to see the pic! xxxx

Thanks Niamh - I think you could be right on all accounts! I'm sure being the docs pushes my BP high anyway, and I told hub in the car on the way I felt really nervous.

As for finding out the sex - I've always said I would, and hubby thinks its a must, but secretly I wouldn't mind if the baby was too shy to share!

ooooh 3+!!! yay! I'm doing my Digi on friday :D lol.... though I think I should get the 3+ today... oooh the temptation!

Ok, I think I have built up the courage to post in here....!

Still feeling pretty weird and not really believing it...I guess when symptoms kick in more it will feel more real? At the moment just noticing little things - on and off cramps, thirsty, going to the toilet more (although that could be from drinking so much water!) and today I swear I smelt cigarette smoke on someone from right across the room.

I am nervous about work - I do the kind of job where it's not going to be easy if I get bad ms. And have only been there for 2 months, so feel sort of bad about that. How do those that are working outside the home and keeping the pregnancy a secret cope?

Got to go to bed as it's late.....xxx

Yey on the 3+.......I stopped after getting 2-3 cos I was too scared to keep testing!

Ooh maybe you should try resist temptation, make the last one a surprise.

Nixilix....congrats on the scan.....they can be so scary but amazing too :D

Congrats luckyD happy and healthy 9mths!

As for keeping it a secret at work, i wasn't successful at all! From 6wks I was in and out of the toilet, white as a sheet, often late cos I spent so long retching i couldn't leave the house lol, and was nibbling on crackers/ginger biscuits/rich tea!

If you can avoid the dreaded ms though you may have a shot. Mine was more retching and feeling sick than actually being sick!

hey lucky - welcome honey :hugs:

I have no advice for keeping it a secret... first time round I had no sickness etc so it was ok, now I work from home so makes no difference I suppose

Sweet dreams hon :hugs:

Hi Lucky :happydance: welcome :hugs: I say you did smell the smoke the day I tested I cam down the stairs and smelt Garlic I was like how the hell can I smell garlic I had used it in cooking the night before all right and I Left the cloves on the counter and I could still smell it. you will notice smells will be stronger Garlic and beer were my killers the mere smell would have me gagging. I used to feel really bad in the mornings but luckily when I get to work I feel better hopefully you will find some thing that will work for you do not let your self get to hungry its a killer if your feeling sick eat little and often, you could always say it a reaction to the new meds you are on for your thyroid?? either if some one asks!

Linny I will try any way hehehe

LuckyD yay!!!! Been away all weekend and then had electricity off and then modem down til now so only found out here now - hooray! I'm so happy for you. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!

Nix so glad you had a good scan and hope it will help you relax somewhat now - pregnancy is for worrying, but hopefully there is some calm in there now too!

Now I need to complain - I feel very alone with this pregnancy even on these boards because of the diabetes - its is giving me hell right now (severe hypoglycaemia) and I feel like a less than useless person. It is affecting my driving, my ability to parent, my ability to do my job (adn today was paticularly bad - even my boss was a bit horrified) and I just want to cry every time it happens - when it is 3-4 x a day then it is just a bit much. I am exceptionally grateful to be pregnant and to have seen my baby's heartbeat, but it is not easy. It takes a juggling act of note to line everything up so I can cope and every day seems to be filled with humiliation when I can't cope and people do not understand and think it is my fault and my bad planning. So I have yet another plan to try to get through tomorrow unscathed, but I am not sure even that will work. My mother thinks I should be in hospital and if this goes on then for my own safety and the baby's and that of my daughter I will eventually have to agree.

On a funnier note I craved a bacon toasted sandiwch last night at 17:00 but the electricity was off for maintenance and only came back at 21:00 and we had no bacon in the house, then this morning at work I still craved one so phoned a shop across the road to make me one but they never answered trheir phones so I sent one of our workers over to get me one but they said the machine had been broken 4 months so they couldn't make one. At 12:30 I finally got home and made myself one - was it worth the wait? Sort of except I felt really ill after eating it lol.

Mush I am sure you were just nervous - good luck for the next check - try get there early so you can relax.

Celtic - gee they expect a lot. With me they want between 4-8 with not more than a 2 rise after meals (and it musn't drop after meals either) I aim for between 3 and 10 as I can never live up to what they want and need to feel some success for it to get better. At the moment though I am struggling with severe hypoglycaemia and am battling to get it over 4 at all - have dropped my insulin drasticqally now and managed to keep it in the 7s today for most of the day after being 1.8 this morning. I think its a lot stricter with someone not diagnosed as diabetic and also with the type 2s. They are very worried about the severe hypoglycaemia as it is terribly dangerous so would rather it runs a little high than that I get in a car accident while trying to drive or pass out walking home.

Linny yay for a healthy scan. Has your MS slowed down now at all?

Tanikit 1.8 so not good eek you must be out of your mind I was going to suggest reducing your insulin but I see you are doing that, can you ring your doc and see what they say do you need to eat more even have a treat now keeping them a wee bit higher has to be better for you. :hugs: just a thought may be you need to wake up at 2 or 3 am and check you levels to prevent a hypo in the morning. Im sure you know all that already though.:flower:

Yep they are very strict here when I was on insulin I have to be 5 or under before meals and 7 or under 1 hour after eating. normally what happens when I go for appointments I see the midwife I then go and get fasting bloods taken go and eat toast and tea no sugar or Jam :haha: then an hour later more blood are taken. its always my fasting that comes back high the futher a long I go the higher it gets.

Nix pictures were are they LOL :haha:

Its actually the postprandial levels that are going low not the preprandial (before meals) which is weird so dropping my insulin should help - but I have always been told only to drop by 2 units or less at a time and wait a week before dropping again - this week I halved the doses in one shot and it hasn't helped. I will be sending my values through to the docs tomorrow and then will phone and ask for some help. I knew this was coming but forgot how hard it was.

Sorry about your fasting values cause unless you are on meds there isn't really anything you can do about them - that is why they are fasting levels. Unless you eat foods that get out of your system faster at night so that everything is gone by morning??? Obviously if your non fasting levels are great then you are eating well - so well done on that! Let us know what they decide to do with you as the pregnancy goes on and good luck.

Its actually the postprandial levels that are going low not the preprandial (before meals) which is weird so dropping my insulin should help - but I have always been told only to drop by 2 units or less at a time and wait a week before dropping again - this week I halved the doses in one shot and it hasn't helped. I will be sending my values through to the docs tomorrow and then will phone and ask for some help. I knew this was coming but forgot how hard it was.

Sorry about your fasting values cause unless you are on meds there isn't really anything you can do about them - that is why they are fasting levels. Unless you eat foods that get out of your system faster at night so that everything is gone by morning??? Obviously if your non fasting levels are great then you are eating well - so well done on that! Let us know what they decide to do with you as the pregnancy goes on and good luck.

now that is weird hmmm you must need more food or something, keep me posted on what your doc says I hope you feel better soon as I know how bad hypos can feel and Ive only had one instance of 1.8 in labour and for some reason I did not feel it may be because I was in pain LOL

so far Im just doing a fasting morning check once a day I havent checked my postprandial levels yet. I am being really careful about what I eat just have my dinner then if Im really hungry I will have a healthy snack at bedtime but normally I dont so Im kinda fasting from 6pm till 8am I have to ring this week to chase up my hospital appointment and hopefully know soon enough what happening

This is my diet today: chocolate bar at work, sucker last night, fruit juice 3x today (all high GI on purpose), sweet syrupy something or other this afternoon, chocolate brownie tonight - oh yes, I am diabetic aren't I??? This sweet stuff actually makes me feel quite ill but I have to get my levels up somehow. (And I did eat pasta and sandwiches and oats too and plenty of fruit) And that is on the lowered insulin - imagine if it was still high? My cupboard is stocked with chocolate and suckers (they are less messy when I am really low) and fruit juice and explaining to my DD that sweets are not for sick children - only her sick mummy has been rather hard to say the least. Better not get too used to this as second trimester is the time to pack away all the sweet stuff.

Niamh I also didn't notice the lows in labour - I was low (around 2.2 all afternoon) but in so much pain that it also went unnoticed - DH just kept testing me else no one would know. That is a long fast - hope you don't get bad MS else it could make it worse. Once a day testing sounds good - I am on about 8 times a day at the moment.

Tanikit :haha: enjoy the nice stuff while you can hey!
Im expecting :haha:he MS to pick up next week i feel a bit off but more thirsty and tired I feel so wipped out in the afternoons I have a rest and feel better. I may have to get some healthy snacks for late evening I say I will notice lows when MS picks up! its going off lots of food that doesnt help either some times the mere thought of eating something makes you feel ill. or what you normally like just does not appeal to you at all.

Congrats luckyD happy and healthy 9mths!

As for keeping it a secret at work, i wasn't successful at all! From 6wks I was in and out of the toilet, white as a sheet, often late cos I spent so long retching i couldn't leave the house lol, and was nibbling on crackers/ginger biscuits/rich tea!

If you can avoid the dreaded ms though you may have a shot. Mine was more retching and feeling sick than actually being sick!

Oh, you poor thing! See, this is my fear! I get sick at the drop of a hat anyway – I have always had a weak stomach and I just know I am going to be one of those women that throw up all day long! It’s a pain as I have only started this job 8 weeks ago, and I am working from the District Council office, so it’s huge and open-plan and it’s going to be really hard not to be obvious about feeling like rubbish. Plus the toilets are a bit of a walk away. Ah well, got to hold on – I am meant to be going down to three days a week in about 5 weeks (that was the plan before I got pg) so that might be a bit more bearable!

How is your ms now?

hey lucky - welcome honey :hugs:

I have no advice for keeping it a secret... first time round I had no sickness etc so it was ok, now I work from home so makes no difference I suppose

Sweet dreams hon :hugs:

Thanks love xx so jealous of you working from home! I was just saying to my OH today that I would love to work from home. What is it you do, if you don’t mind me asking? xx

Hi Lucky :happydance: welcome :hugs: I say you did smell the smoke the day I tested I cam down the stairs and smelt Garlic I was like how the hell can I smell garlic I had used it in cooking the night before all right and I Left the cloves on the counter and I could still smell it. you will notice smells will be stronger Garlic and beer were my killers the mere smell would have me gagging. I used to feel really bad in the mornings but luckily when I get to work I feel better hopefully you will find some thing that will work for you do not let your self get to hungry its a killer if your feeling sick eat little and often, you could always say it a reaction to the new meds you are on for your thyroid?? either if some one asks!

Thanks Niamh x yes, I hear eating little and often is the way to go. Yeah, the cigarette smoke is the one I am noticing! Last week before I knew I was pg, twice I smelt smoke at work and thought I was going crazy…but it must have just been that someone had been outside having a smoke and I could smell it on their clothes.

LuckyD yay!!!! Been away all weekend and then had electricity off and then modem down til now so only found out here now - hooray! I'm so happy for you. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!
Now I need to complain - I feel very alone with this pregnancy even on these boards because of the diabetes - its is giving me hell right now (severe hypoglycaemia) and I feel like a less than useless person. It is affecting my driving, my ability to parent, my ability to do my job (adn today was paticularly bad - even my boss was a bit horrified) and I just want to cry every time it happens - when it is 3-4 x a day then it is just a bit much. I am exceptionally grateful to be pregnant and to have seen my baby's heartbeat, but it is not easy. It takes a juggling act of note to line everything up so I can cope and every day seems to be filled with humiliation when I can't cope and people do not understand and think it is my fault and my bad planning. So I have yet another plan to try to get through tomorrow unscathed, but I am not sure even that will work. My mother thinks I should be in hospital and if this goes on then for my own safety and the baby's and that of my daughter I will eventually have to agree.

Hey Tanikit! Thanks love, it was a complete surprise, I really wasn’t expecting to see the second line on the HPT!

I really feel for you having such a challenge with your diabetes. I can see why you would feel alone, because those of us that aren’t going through what you are just don’t understand how hard it is, I am sure. All I can say is please feel free to complain to us! Even if we don’t understand exactly how you feel, you can still have a rant and we can be here to give you hugs :hugs:

I think I remember from TTHF that you were on another website or forum that was for women with diabetes? Is that a bit helpful, being able to speak to people that are going through a similar thing?

Having to face the idea of going to hospital must be really rough. Sending you lots of hugs :hugs:

I am at work and not wanting to be here! Had a good sleep last night which was what I needed after such a crazy and sleepless weekend (for those that don’t know, my Grandad was very ill and all the family spent most of the weekend at the hospital). I have started gagging every time I brush my teeth which is a great way to start the day, but apart from that feeling ok, just odd! I really can’t wait to tell some family members this weekend – my Mum and my OH’s parents are going to be so happy!

Had a bit of an intense discussion with OH last night. He got all freaked out about money and getting our house sorted out (we have just brought some land and need to move a house onto it) and feeling the pressure to make sure we have enough money to live on. I probably wasn’t as sympathetic as I could be, because I pointed out we had been TTC for seven months so had he not thought about this before now? Because I know I had! But I think it was just that he suddenly felt that ‘male’ thing of being the provider – which is not how we have ever been in our relationship before – so it was probably a bit weird for him. Anyway, it’s all fine now! But have any of you had your OH act in a similar way?

Lucky yep men do that its like oh crap now I have to be a man LOL expect him to go a little funny a bit but he will be all right every thing always works out :flower: I have a feeling this time though my DH will be ok he is very relaxed over every thing he been so good lately with money and saving so we feel ok for now any way.

Oh wow this morning MS kicked in ugh I was trying to get a sip out of a cup of tea then when I come down the stairs I can smell every thing stale air becuase windows are closed, bin I just had some toast and beans and feel heaps better :sick:

Sorry to hear about the MS Naimh (and Lucky by the sounds of things your may be starting early too) - I am definitely feeling better today and can eat all sorts of things even despite the constant nausea. Raised my sugars very high this morning to cope at work and whilke I mustn't do that again, I think for my own sanity I needed to today - and work went fine and was very quiet - yay!

Lucky - yes men worry so much about money. DH came up with a money plan before I fell pregnant and I have done what he suggested so we can save so I think he feels more in control, but it will be tight at the end no matter what. I think its a man's curse to worry about money and I'm glad its not my huge worry - I do worry about money and look after it and do what I should and pay off debts etc, but it doesn't upset me the way it seems to upset men and I always figure we'll just cope no matter what. Give him time to come up with some sort of solution and back him up a bit on it if you can - or just let hiom complain so he gets it out.

Now I need another bacon toasted sandwich - I am really craving them!

oooooh niamh - sounds fun! poor thing

you're right though - men just have this THING that doesnt kick in until its happening and then they go into over drive!

Lucky - you asked what I do, I work for a large telecoms company, and I do a job that only I do for my department in managing the flow of work coming in, and that we have the right people, with the right skills, available at the right time. SOunds more impressive than it is - I just do lots of spreadsheets and conference calls!

the downside tho - my spare room = office = nursery - that'll be fun!

We are going to move our computer room upstairs then move our DD into the computer room to spare up the room next to our bedroom for the nursery - need to do it as soon as the first trimester is over to get DD settled well before the baby arrives. Feel a little like I am pushing my DD away from us - lol, its only about 2 metres further down the passage! I wonder how much work we'll really be doing once the babies arrive - I doubt much, babies come first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->