• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

LOL indeed! I have a two bedroom place but never planned on WFH and having a baby, always just saw the spare room as a potential nursery... I have no idea how its going to work... but the way I see it... while I'm working, in office hours, bubs will be at nursery... so if both are in the spare room - would it matter? :S

Nah I think you'll manage at least while the baby is small - and you may find you can move the work into another area of the house completely if that doesn't work - things change so fast while they are small, you'll probably be rearranging the whole house a few times (or maybe not depending on your personality) or you could just get pregnant again and need a move to a whole new house! :)

DD keeps telling me she is a little baby and can't talk and can't walk and needs to be picked up and cuddled and given milk in a bottle - and this is before the baby arrives! She also uses it as an excuse not to eat her supper.

Awww Tankit, i'm sorry your struggling with everything. I mean i struggle just with the pregnancy symptoms as they are nevermind having to balance blood sugars and things! I hope things settle down for you and you begin to feel much better :D

Luckyd....The ms was getting ALOT better thanks, i still struggle to think of what to eat and have a hard time eating healthy foods but its getting better. My new thing seems to be headaches! I have the week off though so I'm tryin to get lots of rest. How are your symptoms coming along? I was almost 6wks till I started queasy, but you might not even suffer at all!

:wave: celtic, how are you feeling now? Do you normally suffer ms?

Linny Im ok a bit better gone off food and so tired the feeling sick on and off all day is going to be a killer, yea I normally do get MS although with DS3 I felt so sick all day long it was so hard to function, DD I felt sick all the time as well only not as bad and got sick more in the mornings hopefully I wont be to bad but the first few weeks of it are the worst.

feeling sad to day reading the TTHF thread looks like a few of our old timmers are taking a BnB break sad to see that.
I want so much for them to get here with us and feel the pain, it makes our BFP bitter sweet today:cry: must be my hormones :wacko:

Think I will just be reading for a bit there you do kinda feel like your rubbing salt in to an open wound when posting and know how some are really hurting I dont want to add to that.

Good luck my TTHF girls, we are all thinking and hoping for your BFP :hugs:

feeling sad to day reading the TTHF thread looks like a few of our old timmers are taking a BnB break sad to see that.
I want so much for them to get here with us and feel the pain, it makes our BFP bitter sweet today:cry: must be my hormones :wacko:

Think I will just be reading for a bit there you do kinda feel like your rubbing salt in to an open wound when posting and know how some are really hurting I dont want to add to that.

Good luck my TTHF girls, we are all thinking and hoping for your BFP :hugs:

I feel this way constantly.. and guilty guilty!! I can't help it.

Anyway hi!! :wave: thank you for the link, hope you don't mind me here! So hard to find anywhere to fit in. :)

Hope you are all well and not sicky! :hugs:

Niamh I know how you feel - I still pop in there and read a bit, but don't post so much. I'm hoping though that taking breaks can lead to some BFPs even in the break. TTC is so stressful and heart breaking at times - and then it seems to be all forgotten when we get our BFP - except when we look back we remember and still feel for them.

Linny glad the MS is getting a bit better and hope the headaches ease - do you take anything for them?

I am feeling very down today - DH moaned at me for being grumpy with DD yesterday - I have been losing my temper a bit with her, particularly when he is home as I just need a break and a sleep. But not just that, I think the MS and the exhaustion and the end of the stomach bug and just general hormones are getting to me and the worry about going low (along with going low which is an immediate depressant) - I'm just worried its the lack of anti depressants as I stopped them 3 weeks back, but I think I will get some rest, eat good food and get out in the sun today and see if that makes it better before taking anymore anti depressants.

Oh wow this morning MS kicked in ugh I was trying to get a sip out of a cup of tea then when I come down the stairs I can smell every thing stale air becuase windows are closed, bin I just had some toast and beans and feel heaps better :sick:

Oh no, sorry your ms has hit Niamh! You make me laugh with your beans and toast - that's like your special ms cure, isn't it?

Lucky - yes men worry so much about money. DH came up with a money plan before I fell pregnant and I have done what he suggested so we can save so I think he feels more in control, but it will be tight at the end no matter what. I think its a man's curse to worry about money and I'm glad its not my huge worry - I do worry about money and look after it and do what I should and pay off debts etc, but it doesn't upset me the way it seems to upset men and I always figure we'll just cope no matter what. Give him time to come up with some sort of solution and back him up a bit on it if you can - or just let hiom complain so he gets it out.

Now I need another bacon toasted sandwich - I am really craving them!

Yes, I guess up til now me and my OH have both always been earning money and had some financial independence (even though we share costs), so it's the first time he has had to feel completely responsible for it all. I am like you - I just figure we will cope! But it's all fine really, I think you are right, he just needs to get the worry off his chest now and again.

I am worried I am going to start craving meat - I have been a vegetarian for 13 years!

Lucky - you asked what I do, I work for a large telecoms company, and I do a job that only I do for my department in managing the flow of work coming in, and that we have the right people, with the right skills, available at the right time. SOunds more impressive than it is - I just do lots of spreadsheets and conference calls!

the downside tho - my spare room = office = nursery - that'll be fun!

That sounds plenty impressive mush! And pretty cool you can do it from home. Does your work know you are pregnant? I am dreading telling my work.

Luckyd....The ms was getting ALOT better thanks, i still struggle to think of what to eat and have a hard time eating healthy foods but its getting better. My new thing seems to be headaches! I have the week off though so I'm tryin to get lots of rest. How are your symptoms coming along? I was almost 6wks till I started queasy, but you might not even suffer at all!

so good you are feeling better! but the headaches don't sound like much fun. That is good that you have the week off - try and relax as much as possible! I am going to Melbourne in a couple of weeks to see my friends new baby (that is due any second), so can't wait for that. Although I will probably be vomiting the entire time!

Symptoms wise, I am ok...just the gagging when brushing my teeth...and feel kinda rubbish in the mornings...but although I would love your prediction regarding me and morning sickness to come true, I also know that I have the weakest stomach in the world and am positive that I am going to be as sick as a dog in a week or two!

Anyway hi!! :wave: thank you for the link, hope you don't mind me here! So hard to find anywhere to fit in. :)

Hope you are all well and not sicky! :hugs:

Hi Whitbit! Welcome - still so happy for you, you have been one patient TTCer! How are you feeling?

I am feeling very down today - DH moaned at me for being grumpy with DD yesterday - I have been losing my temper a bit with her, particularly when he is home as I just need a break and a sleep. But not just that, I think the MS and the exhaustion and the end of the stomach bug and just general hormones are getting to me and the worry about going low (along with going low which is an immediate depressant) - I'm just worried its the lack of anti depressants as I stopped them 3 weeks back, but I think I will get some rest, eat good food and get out in the sun today and see if that makes it better before taking anymore anti depressants.

Oh, you really are having a tough time of it Tanikit..seems unfair that you had such a bad stomach bug on top of everything else! Your plan about resting, eating good food and getting some sun sounds great - really hope it eases things for you a little :hugs::hugs:

We just told my brother that I am pregnant! He is staying with us, and I was trying to keep in a secret until the weekend, but then I just found out he will be away so won't see him face to face for a week or so. So we told him - it was so much fun, feels great to say it out loud!

I am so tired and got to go to bed...oooh, but also wanted to say I spoke to a midwife today and she was super nice, I find out tomorrow who my actual midwife from that team will be. And they were super excited about the fact that I want a home birth - hurrah!

Hope you are all doing well xxx

Yey Whit :wave:! Oh i don't know where to put myself these days. I love the maca girls but feel like I'm not sure I 'fit' there anymore. Wanna post to give encouragement cos I'm thinking of them and know what there going through but not sure if its rubbing it in :cry:

There are so many wonderful girls that so deserve there BFP, it makes me sad that it has to be a struggle for us!

Well headache eased today, i took paracetomal (sp?) yesterday, but only two cos I know there safe in pregnancy. It may just be the muggy weather!

Tankit.....aww sorry your feelin low hun! I was getting fed up of feeling crappo all the time and OH just doesn't understand. He always has a go if I go to bed early and its impossible to explain how tired I feel even if Ive done nothing. He'l complain if I can't eat and then if I do WHAT I eat, sometimes he makes me feel so guilty for being a rubbish pregnant women, but I'm trying my best. I'm sooooo happy though despite what I sound like cos we tried for 12mths to get here :D

Luckyd...My ms started when i was in the shower in the morning. Soon as I poured out the shampoo i would be retching :lol: Its much better now though. You know what, if it does hit you, you will find a way to cope!

Celtic...Aww I hope you get the ms phase over quickly! Mine is much better, I think 6-8wks were the worst (though 11wks I had a bad couple of days!)

OMG Luckyd I know exactly what you mean with the toothbrush thing. From the time I do that for a few minutes later I feel sicky.. TY for asking I am doing just fine atm.. knock on wood.

Celtic- hope it passes soon! For me my sickiest days so far have been in the 4 weeks area. I havent had any since so I am just waiting for it to show up any day now..

Linny I feel exactly the same way.. and my heart is constantly breaking for all my favorite girls.. *sigh*

My mom said she had to be hospitalized when pregnant with me (her first) she said she was always in the bathroom.. she got so dehydrated from throwing up she was on an IV.. ugh nightmare hope I dont get there!
Tanikit-- hope you feel on the rise soon hun! I have truly been thinking about going back to therapy (was in 3 years) just to give my LO the best stress free pregnancy I can.

Whit.....my mum was exactly the same! In hospital due to dehydration with all of us. Thankfully i haven't followed suit, I just felt very sick all day with no appetite, and dry retched (lovely)! Hopefully you won't suffer too much hun :D

Just found out Ive been conned outta £60 which i could really do without! Bought some GHD's off the internet (or so i thought) only to find out their counterfeit eek.....!!

Whit hey ya great to see you here:happydance: hopefully you feel very welcome :hugs: it doesn't matter we are at different stages its still nice to have some were to come to familiar people :thumbup:

Tanikit that has to be the pregnancy hormones hope your plan worked and you had a low free day :flower:

Lucky yep my cure beans on toast ooh did I forget to mention the curry powder I mixed in :haha: delighted you got to tell your brother that is so great :flower: wow what will you do if you do start craving meat it will be very hard not to cave in to it, when you get a craving you got to have it and now its weird!

Linny I had the same a whopper of a headache had to get DH to get me pain killers the safe ones, feel a lot better now. ouch on GHD have you no come back at all?

Thanks for the lovely words of encouragement, MS was not to bad to dad kind of hit me later on around 10 am I had some thing to eat felt awful (actually it was a BLT Tanikit :haha:) so felt sick till I got home and then had some lunch with DH felt better but not so bad at all just shattered now heading to bed early very early night!

Well headache eased today, i took paracetomal (sp?) yesterday, but only two cos I know there safe in pregnancy. It may just be the muggy weather!

Luckyd...My ms started when i was in the shower in the morning. Soon as I poured out the shampoo i would be retching :lol: Its much better now though. You know what, if it does hit you, you will find a way to cope!

Pleased to hear your head is feeling better Linny!

Ok, I will watch out for the shampoo! I walked into the kitchen at work today, and in the morning there is always a gross smell like dirty water...well, this morning I totally starting retching and had to run out of the room! Luckily no-one was around!

OMG Luckyd I know exactly what you mean with the toothbrush thing. From the time I do that for a few minutes later I feel sicky.. TY for asking I am doing just fine atm.. knock on wood.

Glad to hear all is going well Whit xxx yeah, the toothbrush is a killer!

Just found out Ive been conned outta £60 which i could really do without! Bought some GHD's off the internet (or so i thought) only to find out their counterfeit eek.....!!

Oh no! That sucks :hugs: guess there is no way to return them?

uh oh :(

Whats GHD?

I am so glad you asked this!! GHD stands for 'Good Hair Day' and it's like a hair straightener (am I right Linny?) - BUT until a few weeks ago I had never heard of it, and someone I know made a HUGE deal about how every woman knows what a GHD is and how you're not a woman if you don't know blah blah blah...basically made me feel like a fool! So I am glad to see that it's not just me!

Lucky yep my cure beans on toast ooh did I forget to mention the curry powder I mixed in :haha: delighted you got to tell your brother that is so great :flower: wow what will you do if you do start craving meat it will be very hard not to cave in to it, when you get a craving you got to have it and now its weird!

Yeah, I don't know - I figure if I am craving meat and nothing else will do, I will just eat some (yikes). I am taking all kinds of vitamins, but my iron is low at the moment, and being pregnant isn't going to help. I will do what my body needs, but it won't be easy - I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons, so it's going to be an emotional thing to try and overcome!

Sorry for my big long multi-posts everyone! As some of you know, I am in New Zealand, so am on BnB at a different time to everyone else, and always have heaps to catch up on!

I was just wondering - I know some of us know each other, but some of us don't know everyone - shall we say a quick few things about ourselves so we can get to know each other? Don't feel like you have to!! But I thought I would just introduce myself to those that haven't 'met' me yet...

So...my name is Amy and I am 32 years old. Me and my OH (who is also 32) have been together 6 and a half years. My OH is Australian and for the last three years we have been living in Australia. We left last year, did a big American road trip, then moved back to NZ just before Xmas. We came back to change our lifestyles - to slow down a bit, not be so rushed all the time. So we are living an hour out of the city in a small coastal town. We have just bought a piece of land up here, with my Mum and my brother, and are looking at moving a house onto it.

We were TTC for 7 months before we got pg - oh and this is our first baby.

That's a basic snapshot!

hi Lucky Im not feeling great this morning, forcing some food in, Im so hoping I will feel better soon

I like your Idea
I'm Niamh married to Paul we are together 13 years married for 5 years, we have 4 children's all ready and madly wanted another LOL who made us wait over a year to finally get pregnant hope he or she is a sticky one now. I lived in Australia for about a year but came home because of homesickness and we are happily living near my in laws whom are lovely I'm lucky to say:flower:

Awww Linny - devestated about the GHDs!

I'm currently stuck to my pillow, feeling light an almighty mess! Lol ah well, I'll get up soon... Im wondering if the morning nausea will turn into sickness soon! I did my digi yesterday evening and got my 3+ :thumbup: no more testing for me! Lol yeah right!

About Me - I'm Frankee, 24 and have been with my husband Kam (28)for just over 3years, and married in November 2008. Before meeting hub I never imagined getting married, or having children but it's what I want most now. We got our first BFP in march but sadly ended in a miscarriage at the end of April at 10wks, and now here we are starting again.

Hubby is far from excited and were not even allowed to discuss names yet... I think the mc hit him harder than I ever imagined!

Hi everyone.

Linny what are GHDs - sorry they conned you - that sucks.

Lucky sometimes you can get round cravings if you can figure out why you crave it - so if you crave meat you are probably missing iron or Vit B or something so maybe if you took those vitamins etc you wouldn't crave it anymore - works for me - I crave cheese and milk, but if I take cal-mag supplements I suddenly can't stand the dairy (I have never liked dairy since I was small)

Ok, I'm Bronwyn, 31 and married to DH (35) for almost 4 years now. Our first DD was not planned as I fell pregnant only 3 months into our marriage, but when she was 3 months old I started wanting another baby. DH and I split for 7 months when DD was 11 months old as we were fighting so badly and things were going shockingly. After a lot of counselling we got back together - DH was without a job for 20 months and I suffered severe depression during this time and was diagnosed with bipolar. We tried for 9 months to have this baby, but I think in the ending the timing has been perfect as DH is more settled in his new job, I have another job that I am pretty happy in financially we have been used to sruggling so are able to save into this pregnancy without having to cut back at all (or so it seems) since we had no money at one stage. We are living in South Africa and were hijacked almost a month prior to my BFP - still have not been paid by insurance so we are hoping to get a new car soon when we do finally get paid. DD is almost 3 and has grown so fast and is so talkative and asks questions all the time. Its a lot easier this pregnancy as I can talk to her about it instead of waiting all evening for DH to come home and she;s aways asking questions and telling me what she'll do for and to her little "sister" - trying to get her to say sibling rather.

Felt rather down most of yesterday, but by midday today I was feeling happier so maybe just hormones and exhaustion. I'll keep an eye on it - don't want to go back on any meds if possible preferably all the way through, but I also need to be able to cope. The sugars have been slightly better today which may have a lot to do with it.

:wave: all!

I just heard my baby's heartbeat, so happy :D Midwife wasn't sure she'd find it this early but she did straight away WAHOO!!!!!

Celtic.....seriously curry beans??? LOL thats sound pretty gross :D I'm loving cheese and beans though yum yum!! Sorry your feeling poo poo :hugs:

For all you ladies suffering ms have you tried the travel sickness bands? I bought some and only took them off for the shower. They defo worked for me, just took the edge off. They now live in my bag just in case along with water, mints, gum, biscuits :D

Luckyd....I'm thinking GHD's must be a british thing? You are correct, they are the top dog of all hair straightners, once you've tried them you'll never go back :lol: Silly OH broke mine so went online to get some more, saw a bargain and ordered them only for us to be told by customs that they're counterfeit boo! Hoping to get the money back from bank!

Poor you, the retching does sound like ms starting. Hopefully it won't turn into full blown sickness! Defo think about the bands.

Mush....YEY for the 3+. Awww poor hubby, it must be so difficult for you both to get too excited after what happened. Have you been offered a reassurance scan?

Hey Whit!

Ok so for meeeeeeeee.....I'm Linsey and OH is Patrick, I'm 32 and OH is 31 (my little toyboy till September :D) Akthough OH is Scottish, we live together in Leeds. We were trying for 12mths and I was due to get referred for fertility tests the month I got my BFP! We bought our first house in January so trying to do that up, save and pay off debts so I basically have no life! We have been together almost three years!

Jeez that was sooooo long I just ate a whole packet of sweets while writing :dohh:

Awww tankit, your DD sounds soooo cute! Do you have an inkling what your having? Most people seem to straight away but I'm on the fence!

I'm sorry you were feeling down, if it helps Ive really struggled with my hormones. One minute I could literally kill someone and the next I'm crying and I don't know why. The tears are getting better but the wanting to kill someone is still going strong :D

What is hijacked? Did you get broken into? Thats awful!

Oh Lucky.....a funny story......my sisters friend is veggie and has been for more than 20yrs. When she got preggo she was craving fish and used to stand in the supermarket next to the fish stand so she could smell it! She eventually caved and ate cod!

Mush I was wondering how you were :hugs: yay on the 3+ I got mine this week as well nice to see it :haha: AHHH your poor DH some men do take it very hard and they are expected to stay strong, :flower:

Linny yep curry beans on toast and they were yummy LOL and even better I did not feel sick any more after them :happydance:
:happydance::happydance: yay for hearing the baby heart beat that is so cool will you be having a scan at all.

Tanikit wow you two have been through a lot, great that you worked it out thats brilliant you were able to. glad your having a good day today as well :thumbup:

me I feel poo, tired pain in my head and sick :sick: but you know what thats ok its alllll gooood :haha::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->