• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Celtic...my next scan is 13th september and will be the 20 week one. I hope I can drink the right amount this time!

Linny by 20 weeks you really shouldn't have to worry about drinking water - they should find the baby so easily by then whether your bladder is empty or full. Can't believe you are nearly through the first trimester already.

Mush yay for the 3+ - glad things are progressing nicely - do you know when you will have a scan?

Niamh sorry you are having a "blah" day - hope you feel better soon. I found some nice ginger biscuits - not the hard small ones, these are huge soft ones and so much nicer and they seemed to help my MS this afternoon quite a bit. Need to watch the sugar in them though.

DD kept us both up all last night so we are so tired - how that child copes on the little sleep she gets is anyone's guess. I am hoping this next baby will be a lazy child or excellent sleeper - crawl really late, sit up late and not walk til 16 months - whats the chance lol and if it did then I'd probably be very worried. DD was an exceptionally active baby who barely ever slept - they let her run around at school with the 5 year olds when the other 2 and 3 year olds are sleeping cause they can't get her down. I love her the way she is, but when she does take a nap I take full advantage and heave a sigh of relief.

Linny a hiacking is when people take your car off you - they force you with guns to give them your car keys and then they steal your car and whatever they can grab off you when you get out (cellphones, jewellery, wallets whatever) We were fortunate that they never tried stealing from inside our house as they do that too often and then load your own car with your own stuff and take it away - they were worried cause the police were already on the way so we got off light in some ways. Its pretty scary, but almost everyone I know who lives in our area has had it happen to them at some stage in their lives in some form or other and we just say thank you when we get away with our lives. Geez what am I doing in this country - we hope to leave once the next baby is here or a short while afterwards.

OMG Tank, that sounds soooooo scary! I'm sorry that happened to you, there are some evil people in this world :hugs:

Thanks for the bladder tips! I find it really hard to keep my baldder full without it being painful! I know I can't believe I'm past 12wks!

When did you all start getting bumps with your other kids? I just have kind of a flabby ring around my tummy. It looks so odd cos I'm kinda slim, so just looks like ive eaten too much. Can't wait for a 'proper' bump :D

Thanks for clearing that up lucky. I use the same straightener I've had for two years that my mom got me, nothing special. :haha:

Hope the ms passes soon Celtic.

Linny thats so exciting you got to hear the hb!! :happydance:

Tanikit hope you catch some zz's tonight.

Starting to get nervous the closer I get to Monday's u/s. :wacko:

Anyway I will be 23 next month, DH is 30 :haha: We've been married almost three years now.. and ttc since right before we got married. We are both over the moon and barely know what to do with ourselves, I'm obsessed and he is on the ball helping me strip our spare room bare so we can make it fit for the baby. My mom lives in Canada and as soon as she heard the news she was planning the visit for the due date.. no way she will miss it. I hate living far away so hopefully one day when we get a little money saved and I graduate college we will move up there. :)

I'm not tired at all right now.. it doesnt help all these stupid overwhelming naps during the day.

Good luck for Monday Whit - look forward to hearing your update!

I was into maternity clothes somewhere between 12 and 14 weeks last pregnancy. This time I am alreday wearing one size bigger clothes due to the bloat. Not sure when I will take out maternity clothes yet - its so cold here I am tempted to wear them because of that nice warm stomach part that you can fold up and keep your stomach more warm when you don't need the extra material lol.

Taking DD to a Moms and Tots group this morning then have to work the afternoon and weekend but I have Monday off so hopefully it'll be ok.

Ty! Im also looking forward to being warm, cozy and preggo this winter!

Went out this morning and it was nice to get out and chat to people. My friend who was due a few days before me though miscarried and that made me very sad - she had a D&C on Monday. Its also awkward sharing about pregnancy when she has just lost hers so I said very little about my pregnancy and just let her speak about what she had been going through.

Very very tired today - I am going to try to introduce a rest period for DD after lunch in the hope I can get some rest before work this afternoon. I am also trying to get the doctor to get back to me about what to do with the insulin this afternoon as I believe the sugars before supper are what are cauinsg all the hassles right now (they are shockingly high then) If they don't get back to me I will have to make my own plan because I can't go on like this.

Linny its getting worse:cry: I feel so bad up at 5 am resisting the urge to get sick it was so bad, all I wanted to do was have something to eat in the hope I would feel better walked in to the kitchen and had to turn on my heel, last night pots stank! I had to wait on till DH worke up and bless him he made me tea and toast did the trick for about 20 minutes any way LOL all for a good cause but how im going to get through the next few weeks is beyond me!

Tanikit that must of been hard with your friend, how do you cope feeling sick and working!

Awww Celtic......I so feel for you! i remember being at work and someone making a cup-a-soup, the smell hit me and I didn't know whether to run to the loo or run to my car and drive home :D (I did both :lol:)

Just a few more weeks and uyou'll feel so much better! Have you tried the travel bands? They helped me but I know they don't everyone :hugs:

Good luck whit for monday......check back in and let us know what you see :D

Well i bought my first pair of maternity trousers today for work! They are HUGE but have an adjustable strap so I can change them. I just couldn't squeeze into my normal ones anymore, by the end of the day they were diggin in and marking my tummy so at least I'l be comfy!

Oh and I also bought my first baby outfit.....Just two little sleep suits with feet :D Gonna try leave it at that till after my 20wk scan....well try anyway :lol:

When are you all going to be buying baby things?

Awww Celtic......I so feel for you! i remember being at work and someone making a cup-a-soup, the smell hit me and I didn't know whether to run to the loo or run to my car and drive home :D (I did both :lol:)

Just a few more weeks and uyou'll feel so much better! Have you tried the travel bands? They helped me but I know they don't everyone :hugs:

Good luck whit for monday......check back in and let us know what you see :D

Well i bought my first pair of maternity trousers today for work! They are HUGE but have an adjustable strap so I can change them. I just couldn't squeeze into my normal ones anymore, by the end of the day they were diggin in and marking my tummy so at least I'l be comfy!

Oh and I also bought my first baby outfit.....Just two little sleep suits with feet :D Gonna try leave it at that till after my 20wk scan....well try anyway :lol:

Thanks hun, it not for to much longer I need to work on my cures LOL see what works, I swear Im not getting out of bed on less I eat something though! it constantly feeling sick thats a killer I even woke up to go to the loo in the middle of the night and felt sick ! Im so looking forward to feeling better but also seeing a scan and knowing all is ok FX I dont want to wish my pregnancy away either its my last ever :cry:

YAY on maternity trousers I still have a pair from Eireann but you can get away with them normally as well great for today (yes I have them on ) when Im so bloated and want nothing tight around my tummy at all

I say I will wait on till the 20 weeks scan to but any thing, its an old tradation in our family no clothes or any thing till after 6 months and no buggy on till baby due. I have my buggy already just need a car seat!

I am going to be reusing most of the stuff we bought for DD with some adjustments especially if its a boy. Clothes I will also reuse though I did buy two babygros for summer when I first found out and if its a boy then will only buy after I know. The rest probably in the second and third trimester - we also plan to move rooms around shortly after the first trimester.

Today I phoned my endo and the advice was so crazy I complained and then they phoned back and changed their minds a bit and it was still crazy so I complained again and the nurse changed her mind for me without consulting the doctor again so maybe she doesn't agree with him. I cried and cried because what was I to do - what I guess might work or what they suggest that I know won't work - and it was really shocking advice!

In the end I sat and cried and thought for as long as I could before work and decided the following:

This is my baby and my body. I am the only person who has these two people's best interest at heart. I (and the baby) am the one who will deal with the conseuqences. I want what is best for my baby. I have lived with the diabetes for 19 years and know my own body better than the doctor does. I also know better how I personally respond to insulin. I also know that in pregnancies things change and that adjustments need to be made at a minimum weekly and possibly more often and that I will not always get it right (just like the doctors) In the end this baby is my responsibility and I intend to do the best I can, but the decisions will be mine and if something gives me a gut reaction like it did today to stay away then I will.

So I went low at work today trying to fix things my way, but I think in the end it has made things better and should be easier now. One day I will fight my endo, but tonight I will go to sleep and know I have done what I thought in the best interests of my baby. I will fight for him or her if it means I will fight the whole medical community (oh and I phoned my gynae who said do what I thought best too - he doesn't agree with what the endo suggested but did tell me to try and curb the lows)

Aww hun, its like you say, your body and your baby and your the one who knows whats right for you over some doctor!

I hope you find a solution that makes you feel good all the time :hugs:

I'm having a bit of a hard time with OH today. We took the day off together but its been a disaster. He seems so moody and angry over nothing, he says its not me yet its me who suffers! Starting to question everything....why would he make me feel like shit if he cared about my pregnancy! he's the one always telling me not to get stressed yet today I feel really sad and worked up by it! Prob the hormones too but still *sigh*

Sorry rant over!!

About Me - I'm Frankee, 24 and have been with my husband Kam (28)for just over 3years, and married in November 2008. Before meeting hub I never imagined getting married, or having children but it's what I want most now. We got our first BFP in march but sadly ended in a miscarriage at the end of April at 10wks, and now here we are starting again.

Hubby is far from excited and were not even allowed to discuss names yet... I think the mc hit him harder than I ever imagined!

Loving your profile pic mush! So cute!

I didn't know your name was Frankee, how adorable - is that short for something else, or is that your given name? It's too cute!

I guess that's understandable that your hubby is still feeling cautious about it all....do you think he will feel better once you have passed the 10 week stage?

Lucky sometimes you can get round cravings if you can figure out why you crave it - so if you crave meat you are probably missing iron or Vit B or something so maybe if you took those vitamins etc you wouldn't crave it anymore - works for me - I crave cheese and milk, but if I take cal-mag supplements I suddenly can't stand the dairy (I have never liked dairy since I was small)

Yes, totally true Tanikit. I am taking a iron supplement plus B vitamins and all kinds of stuff (my Dr also like a naturopath, I always end up spending heaps of money there but they are good quality vitamins so feel ok about it!). We shall see....

I just heard my baby's heartbeat, so happy :D Midwife wasn't sure she'd find it this early but she did straight away WAHOO!!!!!

For all you ladies suffering ms have you tried the travel sickness bands? I bought some and only took them off for the shower. They defo worked for me, just took the edge off. They now live in my bag just in case along with water, mints, gum, biscuits :D

Luckyd....I'm thinking GHD's must be a british thing? You are correct, they are the top dog of all hair straightners, once you've tried them you'll never go back :lol: Silly OH broke mine so went online to get some more, saw a bargain and ordered them only for us to be told by customs that they're counterfeit boo! Hoping to get the money back from bank!

Poor you, the retching does sound like ms starting. Hopefully it won't turn into full blown sickness! Defo think about the bands.

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat!! That must have been so exciting :flower:

Yeah, I am definitely thinking about the travel sickness bands! I honestly have spent my life throwing up - when I was younger I used to get TERRIBLE motion sickness, couldn't even drive across town! It's better now, but I still get sick in cars or planes or boats, and if I am feeling upset or nervous or something my stomach is the first place I feel it! So all in all, I am not going to be surprised to be hit with horrible ms!

Oh Lucky.....a funny story......my sisters friend is veggie and has been for more than 20yrs. When she got preggo she was craving fish and used to stand in the supermarket next to the fish stand so she could smell it! She eventually caved and ate cod!

That's too funny! I so can't imagine craving fish...but I guess you never know! When my Mum was pregnant with my little brother she had strong cravings to chew gumboots (or wellingtons, depending on where you live!) - something about the rubbery taste/texture was appealing! I don't think she actually did it though...

Ty! Im also looking forward to being warm, cozy and preggo this winter!

Aw, that sounds nice! I wish I was preggo enough to be warm and cozy now! It's freezing! I am going to be 9 months pregnant right in the heat of summer...luckily NZ doesn't get ridiculously hot so will be ok. I want to wear lots of floaty summery dresses with a big bump!

Linny its getting worse:cry: I feel so bad up at 5 am resisting the urge to get sick it was so bad, all I wanted to do was have something to eat in the hope I would feel better walked in to the kitchen and had to turn on my heel, last night pots stank! I had to wait on till DH worke up and bless him he made me tea and toast did the trick for about 20 minutes any way LOL all for a good cause but how im going to get through the next few weeks is beyond me!

Aw no, sorry sweets :hugs: that's no good that you are feeling so rubbish! I can understand the dirty pots putting you off...already the smell of dirty water or if the sink isn't clean is making me feel sick! You seem to have a lot of good plans about how to cope with it all so I hope you find a combination of things that works for you :hugs:

Aw, how cute! Baby clothes are so sweet...I can't wait to buy some things! Am definitely going to wait quite a bit longer though! My friend is about to have a baby any second so I will get my baby clothes fix by buying something for her instead!

This is my baby and my body. I am the only person who has these two people's best interest at heart. I (and the baby) am the one who will deal with the conseuqences. I want what is best for my baby. I have lived with the diabetes for 19 years and know my own body better than the doctor does. I also know better how I personally respond to insulin. I also know that in pregnancies things change and that adjustments need to be made at a minimum weekly and possibly more often and that I will not always get it right (just like the doctors) In the end this baby is my responsibility and I intend to do the best I can, but the decisions will be mine and if something gives me a gut reaction like it did today to stay away then I will.

So I went low at work today trying to fix things my way, but I think in the end it has made things better and should be easier now. One day I will fight my endo, but tonight I will go to sleep and know I have done what I thought in the best interests of my baby. I will fight for him or her if it means I will fight the whole medical community (oh and I phoned my gynae who said do what I thought best too - he doesn't agree with what the endo suggested but did tell me to try and curb the lows)

Tanikit, this sounds so good and like the right thing to do. It is absolutely true that you know yourself and your body better than anyone, and you are the person that has your babies best interest at heart. I think you are so right to trust your instinct if you are getting crazy advice. You are super strong and I am really wishing you all the best :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm having a bit of a hard time with OH today. We took the day off together but its been a disaster. He seems so moody and angry over nothing, he says its not me yet its me who suffers! Starting to question everything....why would he make me feel like shit if he cared about my pregnancy! he's the one always telling me not to get stressed yet today I feel really sad and worked up by it! Prob the hormones too but still *sigh*

Sorry rant over!!

Aw, sorry Linny :hugs: sounds like a tough day. Sometimes it is so hard to understand what our partners are thinking or why they are behaving the way they are. I am sure that he totally cares about your pregnancy! But I know it feels horrible when it is not coming across like that. Have you spoken to him about how his mood is affecting you? Hope that things improve soon :hugs:

Sounds like there are lots of hard things happening at the moment for the lovely ladies of this group - sending you all many hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am doing ok, very happy it is the weekend! It's been a full on week at work, and I just don't know how I will cope if I get really sick. I have to go out and deal with clients so often, how do I hide the fact that I am going to be wanting to throw up the whole time? I shouldn't worry about this until it happens I guess! But can't help it.

We are going into the city today, and I get to tell my Mum I am pregnant! I am so excited, she is going to be over the moon. Then we are going to have a mexican dinner with my two best friends and their partners, should be really nice.

I did another HPT test last night...I couldn't help it, I had been so busy at work I kept forgetting I was pregnant and wanted to see some proof! Got a really dark line so that was good. Had a really bad sleep though cos my boobs were SO sore - burning up in the middle of the night!

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on...time to get up and get organised. Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

Hey girls!! Just checking in to see how you are all doing.
I am dieing to get over here. 2dpo today and already hanging out to test, can't I just be UTD already, geeez!

Tanikit I definitely think you made the right decision. We can't always trust medical professionals because well... they're not always so professional. It's good that you can trust your own body.

Lucky that actually does sound really good to have a nice flowy summer dress. My DH loves those, although I just now got back down to a my original weight and can wear them! I am also finding myself really cold all the time, but it's because I can't stand air conditioning.

I've tried to hold off on buying things so far but I think DH is going to be getting the crib for my birthday on the 18th of next month.. and we got a nice space saver highchair that we got a great deal on. We've been trying to buy a 100 pack of diapers a week starting this week, that way we won't have to worry about the extra 20 bucks a week and not being used to it and/or running out if something would happen. I know to some people it might seem really premature but tbh in 3 years of trying I never had so much as a faint positive.. so I'm really hoping for the best with this pregnancy and I'm putting the paranoia and stress aside!

Linny hope you and DH have a great weekend - its so hard when we need support and they are so offish. Hoping things will improve.

Lucky hope you have a great weekend and enjoy telling your Mom and the mexican dinner! If you throw up at work they will just have to put up with it - I have found at my work that people are rallying round to help and make things work - while I am not throwing up going low makes it that I cannot work and they have been so great to help get it up and keep clients happy til I can help them again.

Soph good luck and hope you will be here with us in about 12 days time. Fx.

Whit you have a great attitude about your pregnancy and enjoy buying things - just watch the nappies a bit - especially the newborn ones. I found DD moved very fast into 0-3m ones and we still have some newborn ones over from when she was born (and we didn't think we had bought so many) Maybe buy all the sizes as you go along - the bigger the size the more you seem to need as you stay in the bigger sizes longer.

I cried in the bath and in bed yesterday and DH was very sweet and gave me a good hug. He knows I am having a very hard time. Last night and this morning my sugars were not where I want them, but better than the past four days so I am hoping to tweak it a bit and get it back to acceptable. And I am going to try to get a 10 week appointment with my gynae as after the last few weeks I could do with some reassurance and some support. At least I have a plan and feel more like I manage today.

Thanks girls!!

Today is a MUCH better day :D

He can be moody at times and mostly there's no talking to him and he will come round himself. Yesterday was horrid cos he seemed so angry, he apologised last night and said he didn't know why he felt like that! I told him he stresses me out when he's like that. He is having lots of family stress so maybe thats part of it.

I asked him why he wasn't as interested in my pregnancy as me.....he admitted things don't seem real to him yet! I said he better get used to it cos it IS happening. Strange considering we spent so long ttc, I would have thought he had his head around it......but apparently not!!!

Ah well, he's much better today! Off for lunch with my friend and her two week old baby!

Hope your all feeling better :hugs:

Have a great day x x x

Hey girls!! Just checking in to see how you are all doing.
I am dieing to get over here. 2dpo today and already hanging out to test, can't I just be UTD already, geeez!

Soph, your seat over here is so warm it's on fire! Fingers crossed sweets xx hoping to see you here VERY soon xx

Lucky that actually does sound really good to have a nice flowy summer dress. My DH loves those, although I just now got back down to a my original weight and can wear them! I am also finding myself really cold all the time, but it's because I can't stand air conditioning.

I've tried to hold off on buying things so far but I think DH is going to be getting the crib for my birthday on the 18th of next month.. and we got a nice space saver highchair that we got a great deal on. We've been trying to buy a 100 pack of diapers a week starting this week, that way we won't have to worry about the extra 20 bucks a week and not being used to it and/or running out if something would happen. I know to some people it might seem really premature but tbh in 3 years of trying I never had so much as a faint positive.. so I'm really hoping for the best with this pregnancy and I'm putting the paranoia and stress aside!

I think it's great that you are just putting the stress aside and being positive Whit, why not? You have definitely earnt some time to just relax and enjoying being pregnant!

Lucky hope you have a great weekend and enjoy telling your Mom and the mexican dinner! If you throw up at work they will just have to put up with it - I have found at my work that people are rallying round to help and make things work - while I am not throwing up going low makes it that I cannot work and they have been so great to help get it up and keep clients happy til I can help them again.

I cried in the bath and in bed yesterday and DH was very sweet and gave me a good hug. He knows I am having a very hard time. Last night and this morning my sugars were not where I want them, but better than the past four days so I am hoping to tweak it a bit and get it back to acceptable. And I am going to try to get a 10 week appointment with my gynae as after the last few weeks I could do with some reassurance and some support. At least I have a plan and feel more like I manage today.

Thanks Tanikit x yeah, work will just have to deal...I just feel bad as it's a new job! But oh well, what are you gonna do? Sounds like your work is super supportive which is great - must make such a difference.

Glad you got some nice hugs from your DH and are feeling good about your plan :hugs:

Thanks girls!!

Today is a MUCH better day :D

He can be moody at times and mostly there's no talking to him and he will come round himself. Yesterday was horrid cos he seemed so angry, he apologised last night and said he didn't know why he felt like that! I told him he stresses me out when he's like that. He is having lots of family stress so maybe thats part of it.

I asked him why he wasn't as interested in my pregnancy as me.....he admitted things don't seem real to him yet! I said he better get used to it cos it IS happening. Strange considering we spent so long ttc, I would have thought he had his head around it......but apparently not!!!

Ah well, he's much better today! Off for lunch with my friend and her two week old baby!

Hope your all feeling better :hugs:

Have a great day x x x

Oh, so pleased to hear that things are better :flower: So funny, I have already had that conversation with my OH about why he isn't more interested - and it's only been a week! It's taken some time for it to sink it for my OH...also, I think you are so right - it doesn't feel real to them in the same way it does for us. My OH said the same thing - he doesn't know if he'll really 'believe' it until he sees a bump or an ultrasound or something. I felt the same as you - that we had been TTC for 7 months so thought it was weird he hadn't thought about it! But I think sometimes men (sweeping generalisation here) don't think long-term the way that we do. Well, it's definitely true for me and my OH - I find it easy to look at the future and plan - he doesn't.

At home again after a nice weekend and night away in town. Told my Mum yesterday - she was so happy! It was nice. Then told my two best friends at dinner, and my other little bro, then had lunch with my Dad today and told him! Whew! But everyone has been positive which is good. I thought my Dad might be a little weird about it, but he was fine really and has already decided he is buying us this cool cot he saw - it transforms from a bassinet to a cot to a small day bed to a small bed to a larger bed - so you can use the same bed from the time the baby is born until they are about 7! It's pretty cool.

How is everyone doing? xx

Linny so glad your DH and you are doing better and that he apologised!

I don't think we can expect guys to be as interested as we are - for me its easier this time round than last time because DH can be interested in DD for now and that gives him something to do. He has no control over what is happening inside me and cannot see or feel anything - all he sees is his wife feeling ill and grumpy and that can't be too much fun for him. I asked him to come to the 12 and 20 week scans and he said he would so at least he will be somewhat involved and I know he'll be there at the end too but for now I don't talk terribly much about teh pregnancy unless its affecting him - he gets his share of me going low and having to help which is more than enough for now! For most men it only clicks when they finally see that baby after its born - and apparently its pretty emotional for them. For us we've had 8 months to get used to the idea.

My sugars are better now so I feel like I did the right thing. They aren't prefect but they never will be so will just have to keep adjusting as things go.

Tanikit I was just thinking your endo is prob not used to treating some one who is pregnant with diabetes so when you go to the hospital and see your doctor and the endo there they will have a different approach I hope one your happy with. you know what best for you any way. :flower:

Linny glad your DH is ok today, men are strange like that have days were they dont talk they brood over stuff that bothers them like cave bears very annoying. I think its hard the first time for them to adjust but they do and he will come round wait till he can feel the baby move, he can see the scan then he will be able to look forward and adjust better.

How is every one else doing, my MS plan is working polo mints take the edge off but now Im not happy cause Im not feeling as sick panicking :dohh: stupid me, Plus Im having nightmare about bleeding thankfully woke up this morning and all was ok, Im just reeling at how common it is in the early weeks I say one thread I was on had about 10 girls on it and most had bleed or were eeeek all ok so far though so that is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->