• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTHFUTD pregnancy group!

Thanks girls!

Its stupid of me to think OH would be more interested but I guess all he sees is me feeling sick, not eating properly and crying or shouting!!!

Roll on my bump :D

Luckyd...ooh its so exciting telling your family! I had a big smile on my face for weeks! I told a few of my friends yesterday, it felt fantastic being able to be open about it finally. All my close friends and family knew though!!

That cot/bed sounds amazing!

Celtic...so glad the ms is more under control. I totally know how you feel when its not so bad, you think the worst. Its silly but you should be enjoying those breaks while you can, but you can't help but wish it back :lol: Ive had good days and bad days all throughout so far. It used to be five bad and two good and now its the other way around. First tri can be pretty depressing though!!

Tankit....glad your managing your sugars better hun! My OH is gonna be at my 20wk scan so I'm hoping realisation will dawn on him :D

Hey ladies!

How are you all? Not much action the last few days, and I am hoping it doesn't mean you are all off feeling sick somewhere...

I threw up yesterday for the first time...right into the sink while I was brushing my teeth..awesomeness. But feel ok today....

That is so cool that you are able to be open about your pregnancy now Linny - must be such a relief!

Oh my. The mental picture is so funny :haha: Even though I know it's really not sorry, just playing :winkwink: Hope you don't get it too bad!

Went for my first scan today and they saw the sac and I'm 5 weeks 2 days. All confused as they wanted to change my due date (which i believe is unnecessary as I oved when I thought I did, they are being difficult and its not making much sense!) Anyway so after a little minor flipping out I had blood taken and I go back wednesday to make sure its rising properly and the midwife is going to call me the same day.

Not much new to report other than that. My boobs feel like they are going to fall off though! :haha:

No, laugh away Whit! It was funny...as well as kinda gross..:sick:

Woo, congrats on your scan! 5 weeks 2 days - you are one day ahead of me! For some reason I thought you were a lot further along than me...:shrug: How come they want to change your due date? Sorry that they are being difficult!

My best friend is being induced tomorrow morning...poor thing, she has tried everything to get the baby moving, hot food, walks, induction massage...but it hasn't worked. She is having a little boy - so excited for her! Me and my two other best friends are heading over to Melbourne (where she lives) for a week next Friday to help out - hurrah! Can't wait, although slightly worried I will be in the midst of ms and might vomit all through the plane ride then be of no help when I am actually there. Oh well, may not happen!

Lucky yuck you poor thing, I dry retched yesterday morning and was wondering do I run to the loo or what! I have been feeling a wee bit better not as full on as I was feeling but I say its the polo mints they are really working! but now Im like oooooh hope every thing is ok!!!! worry worry worry!

Whitbit that was done on me on my DD, I was 100% sure of my dates yet they had me I think 4 or 5 days behind I ignored the scan and went by my own dates. sure its better to do a dateing scan around 12 weeks I think yay on the scan though whoo hoo and looking good I found a scan picture from 7 weeks for my DD today :flower:

Awwwww whit.......your little whitbit is so tiny and sweet :hugs: I've heard soooooooo many stories about early scans and how they always date you way behind. I bet by the time you have your next one you'll have caught up and they'l bring you forward :)

Lucky....aww you poor thing! Brushing my teeth I'm fine with, hot showers with fruity shampoo I am NOT fine with :D I was feeling much much better till this morning! I was sick about five times, I'm sure its getting up early for work that does it to me :(

Celtic....I'm glad your feeling bit better, hmmmm may even try the polo's myself!

Well Ive been in maternity work trousers for two days and I'm so glad, starting to get a little bump though its prob mostly bloat still:D 6 weeks & 6 days till my next scan......not that I'm counting :lol:

Yea my ticker said 7 weeks, as I am 7 weeks along but the fetal age was only 5 weeks. So I really hope it catches up they really shouldnt be changing my due date over one scan- the fetal age matches perfectly to when I ov'd, I just hope they keep going by LMP as thats what they usually do!

Yay for maternity clothes! hehe I have belly bands I use for bloated days :) 20 week scan in 6 weeks!! How exciting I bet you cant wait! I know I can't.. but I have to :haha:

And Oh no for your friend Lucky.. being induced sucks! I def wouldnt want it in a million years. Hope her labor isnt too hard and long.

Yea my ticker said 7 weeks, as I am 7 weeks along but the fetal age was only 5 weeks. So I really hope it catches up they really shouldnt be changing my due date over one scan- the fetal age matches perfectly to when I ov'd, I just hope they keep going by LMP as thats what they usually do!

Yay for maternity clothes! hehe I have belly bands I use for bloated days :) 20 week scan in 6 weeks!! How exciting I bet you cant wait! I know I can't.. but I have to :haha:

And Oh no for your friend Lucky.. being induced sucks! I def wouldnt want it in a million years. Hope her labor isnt too hard and long.

Makes sense now, so from OV day baby is bang on, that brilliant :thumbup:

Linny I need bigger clothes now :wacko: my tummy is huge and my shape has changed my hips deffo stick out more, I am not sure if I will be able to hide this baby till 12 weeks! LOL hope its a good sign all is well in there though. prob a lot of bloat as well may be! roll on 6 weeks for your scan
:happydance:

oooh polomints are good!!!!

Lucky yuck you poor thing, I dry retched yesterday morning and was wondering do I run to the loo or what! I have been feeling a wee bit better not as full on as I was feeling but I say its the polo mints they are really working! but now Im like oooooh hope every thing is ok!!!! worry worry worry!

Ok, am going out to buy polo mints! I have been ok, but definitely feeling rubbish at some points of the day...like right now for example. All I wanted was hummus on toast, and then my OH made me vegemite instead... almost cried! But he fixed it for me :flower:

Glad you are feeling a bit better love...yeah, I guess it is easy to worry about every little thing! I'm sure everything is fine sweets!

Lucky....aww you poor thing! Brushing my teeth I'm fine with, hot showers with fruity shampoo I am NOT fine with :D I was feeling much much better till this morning! I was sick about five times, I'm sure its getting up early for work that does it to me :(

Well Ive been in maternity work trousers for two days and I'm so glad, starting to get a little bump though its prob mostly bloat still:D 6 weeks & 6 days till my next scan......not that I'm counting :lol:

Oh no, sorry you have had such a yucky morning! I am sure you are right, getting up early is meant to make you feel sicker. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

I want to be in maternity trousers now - how sad is that! Feeling super bloated so my jeans are too tight - not comfy! Yay for getting a little bump! How exciting! You should post some photos..if you feel comfortable that is. Would love to see some bump pics! I can't wait to get one.

How do you find the belly bands Whit? My old boss used to use them and said they were great, but then I heard from others that they werent' so good. I like the idea of them, would be good to be able to keep wearing my normal clothes.

I am waiting by the phone to hear from my friend! Apparently her waters broke at 3.30am this morning, so hopefully that means she just escaped being induced! So excited for her and thinking how strange it is that she is giving birth right at this moment...

Oh that's awesome!! Hope everything goes smoothly for her :)

I got mine at the Motherhood store at the mall. You can get them for the same price by ordering them online from target, though they dont carry them in the store. ANYTHING to not have to buy a new wardrobe!! :haha: I am going to take as much care as I can to keep walking and stuff so I don't get big as a house and need them..lol

Hi ladies! Said Id update. After being a total train wreck half the day I feel a little better. Dont know whats ahead but Im praying every chance I get. As my sig says, hcg is on the rise but def not doubling. I have a friend that is a receptionist in a different ob office whom Ive seen before so Im seeking out a second opinion, hoping they can squeeze me in tomorrow- she said hed prob do a scan. Hcg monday-3600, hcg wednesday 3900

Imho, the scan should override the levels. After seeking support from a lot of people and board members today, Im feeling hopeful that the hcg levels are just guidelines and little toots will be fine.

Hope you are all well and not suffering too badly from the evil ms :hugs:

Hi ladies! Said Id update. After being a total train wreck half the day I feel a little better. Dont know whats ahead but Im praying every chance I get. As my sig says, hcg is on the rise but def not doubling. I have a friend that is a receptionist in a different ob office whom Ive seen before so Im seeking out a second opinion, hoping they can squeeze me in tomorrow- she said hed prob do a scan. Hcg monday-3600, hcg wednesday 3900

Imho, the scan should override the levels. After seeking support from a lot of people and board members today, Im feeling hopeful that the hcg levels are just guidelines and little toots will be fine.

Hi Whit I saw your thread and I did a bit of looking around and some people HCG does not double but still rises and all is ok was that 48 hours later those bloods were done cause maybe you take 72 for yours to double a rise has to be positive I hope they will fit you in and do a scan and bub has grown

I have every thing crossed for you :hugs:

PS I think the higher the HCG its stops doubling it levels out may be this is happening as 3900 is a good level!

Lucky sorry the MS has hit like that - and you have it early - hope the ride through it is not too tough!

Whit will be thinking of you - hcg levels do sometimes rise slower and you can have days when they rise more or less than other days. Do please let us know what happens with more tests. :hugs:

Linny is the 2nd trimester treating you better than the first - I so just want the first trimester to be over - I know I shouldn't wish it away, but 2nd was so nice last time :)

I have been so exhausted today - as usual DD continues not to sleep and I was up with her 3x last night. AT work today it was quiet so I went and stole one of teh new hospital blankets for the dogs (before it got used) and curled up on the couch and slept - bliss! I have to work again this afternoon so hoping that sleep will carry me through til tonight and that DD will go to bed better tonight. Sugars are behaving themselves mostly - I'm keeping a very close eye now as the next 3 weeks are expected to be the problem ones with hypoglycaemia.

My ticker moved to the 3rd box - looks more like a baby! I have also moved my scan from 25 August to 18 August when I will be exactly 12 weeks. Not too much longer to go now.

Awww Whit, I don't know much about HCG levels cos we don't tend to get them done here in a normal pregnancy! It all sounds very promising though hun, esp as they are rising :hugs:

Good luck for tomorrow, I REALLY hope you manage to get in for a scan, I'm sure what they see there will be far more accurate than the bloods! Keep us posted and try stay positive.....big BIG :hugs: Thinking if you :)

Tankit....yey for the levels!!!! I was soooo tired a few weeks ago, I would be literally falling asleep at my desk, esp after lunchtime! Second tri is treating me ok, still feeling sick but its not as often and more after Ive eaten!

I just hate being inbetween bloat/bump cos nothing (aside from work trousers) fits right and I just look so weird. Ah well a few more weeks hopefully :D

Great news about the scan moving forward, not long :)

Celtic.....hows that awful ms treating ya? Still sucking the polo's :hugs:

Luckyd....hows the friend do with the baby? Hope your not still being sick in sinks :haha: I will post pic of my 'little little' bump as soon as I get one on the computer :D

hi Linny hel yea they are saving me I swear I have to have some on me all the time now even under my pillow :haha: the MS is not as full on but still there this morning was fun I kept feeling the urge to throw up my DH is amazed at my sense of smell its driving me nuts I can smell every thing.

Never heard of mints working for MS - maybe I must get hold of some diabetic ones. I am finding that middle of the day is best for me - from around dinner time onwards and all the way through to lunch time the next day it is bad - if my DH rolls over in bed and it moves a bit I want to throw up - poor man, if he hugs me in bed at night I tell him he's too hot (and usually I am so cold)

Linny I am now wearing maternity clothes because of the bloat - I could just wear a size up but I figure I'll be in maternity by about 12 weeks this time anyway (I think it was 14 weeks last time) so to buy more clothes when I already have a lot of maternity ones from last pregnancy seems a waste of money. I actually scarily look pregnant but its all bloat.

Whit good luck for your scan - hoping you will have really good news and that bubs is growing.

Tanikit, my Mamaw swears by mints for upset stomachs. That and sprite. Sorry you are feeling sick :hugs: In a way I want the ms to hit me.. havent had anything yet and it kind of worries me.

The new doc scheduled my ultrasound for Tuesday. He says he normally never does the HCG levels on people because they vary so much and not to worry because we'll get our info from the ultrasound. Hope the growth is spot on then I will feel more like we are in the clear. However, I do feel a lot better knowing that the levels aren't that big a deal... and I don't think I will be repeating the bloodwork with my other doctor on Monday, I havent decided for sure but I'm definitely not seeing the doc. :shrug:

Aw sweets :hugs: I wrote on your other post, but just wanted to say again that I am thinking of you. Sounds like you got some good feedback around not paying too much attention to HCG levels, which is great! I honestly know nothing about them as we don't get tested for them here, but from what others have said they can be a bit random and not a totally reliable way to check progress. I feel positive for you and hope that you get that confirmation from your ultrasound really soon so you can just relax :hugs:

Lucky sorry the MS has hit like that - and you have it early - hope the ride through it is not too tough!

as usual DD continues not to sleep and I was up with her 3x last night. AT work today it was quiet so I went and stole one of teh new hospital blankets for the dogs (before it got used) and curled up on the couch and slept - bliss! I have to work again this afternoon so hoping that sleep will carry me through til tonight and that DD will go to bed better tonight. Sugars are behaving themselves mostly - I'm keeping a very close eye now as the next 3 weeks are expected to be the problem ones with hypoglycaemia.

My ticker moved to the 3rd box - looks more like a baby! I have also moved my scan from 25 August to 18 August when I will be exactly 12 weeks. Not too much longer to go now.

Thanks Tanikit! Not so bad today...I think I am still just in practice...have a feeling it's going to get worse!

Love the image of you napping with the dogs blanket at work! It's so hard to drag yourself through the day sometimes isn't it...by about 2pm I could literally put my head on my desk and fall asleep.

So pleased to hear that your sugars are behaving!

Luckyd....hows the friend do with the baby? Hope your not still being sick in sinks :haha: I will post pic of my 'little little' bump as soon as I get one on the computer :D

My poor friend...her waters ended up breaking at 3.30am so she didn't have to be induced..but she had a shocker of a labour and ended up having a c-section, the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck three times. He then had trouble breathing and has been in intensive care, but is doing better now. I spoke to her last night - she said she is ok, but still in pain and it's hard having the baby not with her - apparently tonight he might get to spend the night in her room, which will be good. All in all she is doing well and the baby is fine - so that is the main thing! But she was hoping for a natural delivery and obviously that didn't happen. But he is super cute and of course makes it all worth it!

No more throwing up in sinks....:haha: But a few times where I have made my OH pull over in the car so I can retch out the door...feeling good so far today though!

Woo, little bump pictures! Can't wait!

hi Linny hel yea they are saving me I swear I have to have some on me all the time now even under my pillow :haha: the MS is not as full on but still there this morning was fun I kept feeling the urge to throw up my DH is amazed at my sense of smell its driving me nuts I can smell every thing.

I know, me too! I feel so bad for saying this, but this morning in bed my OH was still asleep and breathing towards me...and I just could not handle his morning breath! Poor boy, I'm sure it's not really that bad....

The new doc scheduled my ultrasound for Tuesday. He says he normally never does the HCG levels on people because they vary so much and not to worry because we'll get our info from the ultrasound. Hope the growth is spot on then I will feel more like we are in the clear. However, I do feel a lot better knowing that the levels aren't that big a deal... and I don't think I will be repeating the bloodwork with my other doctor on Monday, I havent decided for sure but I'm definitely not seeing the doc. :shrug:

This makes me happy Whit, so glad that the Dr confirmed that HCG levels can vary a lot. Good luck for Tuesday sweets :hugs:

I am SO happy it's Friday! I had to really fight to get myself out of bed this morning! Feeling fine so far, but have had a few ms moments this week..and am finding that all I can do when I get home from work is lie on the couch..but that's ok. Got a busy weekend in town this weekend - am going to the movies with my two girlfriends tomorrow afternoon, then taking my OH on a surprise birthday evening (it was his birthday last month but the night out was one of his presents), then on Sunday got a meeting for a 'zine that I am involved in. Super busy but fun!

Oooh, and midwife appointment on Tuesday - yay! My OH is coming too.

Sounds like you have an exciting weekend planned! My family is coming for a visit so I need to be cleaning and tidying.. but I can barely get off the couch o_o

Hello ladies:flower:

oh boy this pregnancy is just like my DD I get up in the mornings and I feel weird no strong feeling of sickness just weird, then if I'm not quick enough and get food in to me I start dry retching nothing there to come up but its horrible :wacko: hopefully the few mouthfuls of tea and toast will do the trick for me. yesterday was a bad day im guessing its because I'm 7 weeks now :happydance: yay whoo hoo ooh any one else having mad dreams!!!! I am its driving me nuts! :dohh:

LuckyD delighted your friend is ok and has a healthy baby that great news, hope she is not to disappointed the way the birth went that can really effect you when you wanted a natural one, I had an emergency section on my first baby I was lucky and very determined on my second to have a normal delivery and I did and he was bigger 10 pounds 2 onz I was very proud of my self LOL. bet your looking forward to seeing her now, sounds like you have a great weekend planned as well :happydance:

Whit that's great that your doc is not to bothered by HCG levels and the scan will tell more, did you see the heart beating in your first scan keep positive ok :hugs:

Tanikit I been feeling like I have piled on the weight I'm so bloated some days worse than others but weighed my self yesterday and Ive lost weight not much but a bit of a relief do not want to pile loads on and have increased risk of other factors bad enough with GD LOL I'm in one pair of maternity trousers already and leggings they are a life saver I just can not stand any thing tight across my tummy at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->