U.S. Mommies To Be

Lisa- we are doing the same thing with our kittens. It's ok for the pup to play with them when we're holding them and when we say it's ok, but when she gets close to them and tries to play we just yell "NO!" and then she leaves them alone. It will be very similar to this with the baby. My puppy is VERY excited/ out of control. It's going to be hard but we've decided since I like to walk and I am goign to be wlking the dog a lot/ jogging the dog that we're also getting a jogging stroller for the 3 of us to enjoy.

yeah, our dog was smaller than all our cats when we first brought him home, lol... he has now caught up and they're all about the same size/weight, but he's just denser than they are around the middle.

He's worked out all his relationships with the cats... he doesn't interact much withour orange cat because she freaks out though he will chase her sometimes. He pounces on and plays with our white cat, but she eggs him on and tries to grab him as he walks by, brushes against him, etc... and our black cat scares the crap out of him, lol.. they play but the cat chases him more than he chases the cat :rofl:

We're still wary about the pup with the kittens is why we are so protective. Our puppy is 55+ lbs (McNab and pitbull mix) and our other dog is about 70 lbs (Lab and about 1/4 pitbull)

yeah, lol... I think we had more reason to worry about our dog's safety around the cats :rofl: Until he was a year old, they all out-weighed him :haha: They also had claws that could reach out and swipe.. to do any damage he had to get his teeth in close.

Thanks for the advice. My dog is 115 pounds and sits on my lap hes a boxer. When I leave for school he wont eat for days. Im not actually living with my dog because im in school but next semester I will be attending UNC and he will be living with me aka moma. Its horrible how jealous he can get. He has never tried to hurt any of my nieces and nephews but if im holding them he tries his best to get in between us. He is not a pet more like a child I spoiled him way too much. I just dont want him to feel neglected, im looking for mommy and pet classes to attend during my third trimester with him.

That's a great idea JNA. If you love him you will make it work and have your happy family

O yeah hes my first born lol.

hehe... my dog doesn't eat when we travel... for some dogs its just that the routine is messed up that upsets them. They love knowing what to expect (leash and car keys = ride!! :haha:).
So doing things like getting him used to the smells first are really helpful... playing tapes of babies crying can help too (though it would suck to deliberately inflict a crying baby on your ears during your last peaceful days, :rofl:)

Yeah he hates to have his routine messed with aka when I leave and got to school and he doesnt seem me for a month :nope: It breaks my heart to leave him too. I never thought about introducing him to a crying baby before the baby get here great idea. That should help in some way if only messing with his bachelor pad lol

lol... and any area you want to be off-limits to him or only when allowed you can gradually do instead of suddenly having this baby come in and ban him from certain territory etc..

Hi ladies :flower:

I'm from Alabama. Well, not "from"... but I live here. I'm "from" Oregon, was raised there. I also lived in Southern California for 5 years.

Hi Missmadie! Welcome to the group!

How is everyone today?

I am tired. I've been really exhausted with this pregnancy. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, it never feels like enough. How about you?

I found out today that I'm on team :blue: :happydance:

Well, maybe.. the doctor said she "thinks" its a boy, but will confirm in 3 weeks... arghh. I'm ready to start buying blue!

lucky-I'm tired too. I can't seem to get enough sleep.

bella- Congrats!

Thank you! I'm really excited.. I really like the idea of having a boy, I've heard alot about how much fun they are :cloud9: Its just really nice to finally have an "identity" for peanut.. I can finally say "him" instead of "it". . :haha:

lol... I'm hoping mine is not a boy... we do NOT have room for all the toys DH will want to buy 'for our son' :haha:

:lol: Too funny Lisa, so your husband is one of *those* huh..?

My dh gets really clever and buys himself toys and then brings them home as gifts for "me" ...

I recall, he got me one of the newest Ipods last year, and spent the first 4 months taking it to work with him everyday!:dohh:

I feel like crap today :wacko:
My tummy has been cramping and I've been having sharp pains around my belly button area. Good thing I have a dr appointment tomorrow hopefully everything is ok. When does aversions to smells stop or will it be with me till the end of my pregnancy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->