Update - bfn boots own brand?! Please please someone give me hope - late bfp

I haven't experienced your kind of losses, at all. And I'm paranoid. I think it's normal for you to be worried after everything you had to go through and you are being very, very strong. You know, my sister had different dating when she did hospital and private scan? Maybe one looks better than the other? And for her second, it shifted around a bit at the beginning. But you know what? She had two healthy babies! And she bled throughout both pregnancy!

I know it doesn't mean much, especially considering all your losses and struggles, but I don't think you should give up on this or think it's all gonna go away! I have my FX for you and I'm sending you all the positive vibes in the world. My heart ache for you, and I just - this is a sticky one!

Also look at that picture! That's gonna be a cutie! ;)

Great photo red and amazing you got to hear the heart beat again :cloud9:

I agree with everyone else I really wouldn’t worry. Your date will most likely change again at your dating scan. 3 days behind isn’t that much of a jump. I was dated at 7+1 at my early scan and last week at my dating scan they moved my due date forward by 6 days. You’re growing perfectly!! :hugs:

Just skim read through the updates as I haven't been on for a while. I'm so happy to see things are still going well even if u sometimes feel a bit worried. I would say in your case being worried is not only normal but it's a given!! Don't worry about the odd day here or there that the growth changes, it all depends on so many different things including the way the baby is laying. If they are curled up more than usual or turned slightly funny or even if the sonographer doesn't do the measurement at the exact point they should (which I would say is likely given the small size of early babies), they can all throw the dates off by up to a week!

I'm so pleased this is finally happening for u!!

Red, just a thought but i have had lots of bleeding with my pregnancy in the last week, and so ended up with a couple of scans 2 days apart, both showed the heartbeat but at the 2 day later scan it said baby was 2 days earlier then the previous scan! Of course i freaked out and asked sonographer if baby was shrinking! Sonographer pointed out the actual measurement and said no it had grown a few mm which is good. And that different machines can have different date by measurements set, so this one was on a different setting to the other one. Just a thought maybe thats what happened to yours too? Wishing you all the best for your baby!

Thank you all :) I hope it is just something trivial but I’m still worrying! I don’t think that’s going to change! It still doesn’t feel like it’s actially happening and I’m still checking for bleeding all the time! Time seems to be going so slowly it’s ridiculous. I wish I had a crystal ball!
Lightening thank you for that - I just googled it as I think baby measured 1.94cm and that seems about right for where I thought I was so maybe it is just different ways of calculating it. So complicated!! Because it was a private scan the lady doesn’t have a medical qualification, only an undergraduate degree so I think I’m just going to try and focus that baby is there, has grown and has a heartbeat.
Fingers crossed!!

Also, just to say I know I should start a journal or stop updating this, but I’m really not ready to do that yet so I hope any admin don’t mind!

No worries :) fingers crossed for you! Hate the always needing to check for bleeding I'm the same! But they couldnt see anything at all in the scans that caused the bleeding!

Just know you arent alone! I'm just sticking to hope as the fact sheet for the early pregnancy unit ive been referred to says that 1 in 5 women experience bleeding in pregnancy the majority of whom go on to deliver a healthy baby! :)

Just to update this - had my 12 week scan today and it went good :) he was being awkward snuggled right into me and even afternoon coughing, star jumps and emptying my bladder and being tilted upside down on the table, he still didn’t move out enough! It got a bit scary as she couldn’t see his legs, but then he did kick luckily so we know they’re there, but she couldn’t get all the measurements so I get to back next week :) I’m still nervous but for sure feeling a bit more hopeful :)

Attachments

• 9948FB2B-9DD9-4267-A236-3D91D85F4AAA.jpg
    9948FB2B-9DD9-4267-A236-3D91D85F4AAA.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 52
I just realised you can see his legs in that pic! Haha she took that straight away and he must have snuggled down after!

Congratulations red! What a gorgeous little scan pic! Do you know the gender?

No not yet - we will find out but can’t until 16 weeks - we’re going to go for a private scan then :) I’m sure it’s a boy though!

I bleed up until 4 months with my 2nd son, I got a BFP at 8dpo and started bleeding at 9dpo was such a long waiting game, I had repeat hcg tests at doctors which were more than doubling, I had private scan at 7 weeks then another scan at 11 weeks then my 13 week scan, they could never find the reason for the bleeding and it was a medium bright red orange pink flow I really thought it was over, I tested every 3 days for progression, doctors didn't know why they just said it's one of them things baby is healthy and everything is fine in the womb, now he is a healthy beautiful little 2 and half year old, I had hardly any symptoms and I also thought I was further along around 8-9 weeks but was showing 7 weeks but I had him 2 weeks early, so I don't think dates really stick with early scans it's more set in stone on your 12 week dating scan as can be out a week or so, congratulations hun wish you all the best xx

What a fabulous update! He’s so adorable! I bet your intuition on gender is correct. I’m so happy for you!

Aw congratulations and what a beautiful photo! I think boy too :)
Also, getting legless already? Tut tut baby, you're far too young ;)

Haha happy cupcake! I just told hubby your comment - definitely takes after him! Lol!

Thank you all :)

Lol it was my immediate thought (I apologise, my thought process is always completely inappropriate to the situation at hand), but obviously I had read your whole post, still, it's always a relief to see them fighting fit and kicking away! You always worry at that first scan I think, it's like the first huge milestone isn't it? Hopefully you can relax more :)
And yes, takes after dad lol

No need to apologise at all! I do feel relieved now, still worrying but I think a more normal amount! :) thank you x

I think we all worry to a degree throughout but I reckon it will be plain sailing for you from here. Looks like you have a lovely healthy strong baby there, can't wait for you to find out gender, not long! So exciting :D
Will you be starting a pregnancy journal? X

I’m still not sure whether to start one. I haven’t joined any of the due date groups either - I’m still worried I will jinx it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->