We are PUPOLICIOUS hotties! (19 BFPs so far!!)

I don't know!! DH is convinced it's a boy but my sickness has been so different this time that I'm kind of thinking girl but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a boy haha. I think deep down, I think it's a boy but I'm secretly hoping it's a girl :p They took a peek between the legs today but it's just too early to tell.

my SIL is going to take a look when I'm in for my 16 week appointment and she's going to bake a cake with pink for a girl or blue for a boy and we'll get all our family together so we all find out together :) Hoping she'll be able to tell at 16 weeks!!

I'm gonna guess boy for you Lindsay!

Rachael, update us please - you're having the surgery? Xx

yes i'm going ahead with the surgery. 3 weeks ago the tumor was 5.6cm and yesterday it was 5.9cm. Dr did say it's changing shape. I guess to make more room down there since baby is getting bigger. The more he talked, the more it sounded like we need to get this removed. I am just so scared of something happening. He says there's less than 1% chance of miscarriage. The tough part about it is the anesthetic and risk of infection. He said they will cut me open just like a C section. Once Andrew showed much concern about the anesthetic, the Dr said he could probably try using what they give during C section. Which is to just keep me awake, but numb me from stomach down. He said he's not sure, but the whole ovary may need to come out. I'll be hospitalized for 2-3 days and they're going to very closely monitor baby to make sure everything is okay. I've been looking all over the internet on stories just like mine and it seems like many success stories. A couple of the bad ones seemed to get their tumor removed in 1st tri which Dr should've never recommended since baby is constantly growing organs, etc. My dr said 2nd tri is safest because baby is fully developed for the most part. 3rd tri is dangerous just because of how big the baby is getting. I'm just praying extra hard that i'll be one of them success stories. I never thought that once i finally got pregnant that i'd have to worry about this too. If it's the only obstacle during this whole pregnancy and i'll still have my son in my arms in the end, then it will be so worth it.

Ooo hunny, so scary :-( But it sounds like the surgery is the best option and your little guy is strong, keep us updated xxx

I saw justin timberlake in concert last night -oh my actual good that man is amazing!!! We first saw him 10 years ago so was fab to do it all again.
Hope everyone is good?

Beurkkk we had to go to the obstetrique ward yesterday cuz i was up all night with BH hicks that wouldnt stop. After being monitered for freakin 3 hours the baby is just too low and causing my uterus to contract. As of now i cant do any type of lifting which puts pressure on my lower stomac. This also includes hardly picking up charlie anymore...how the fuck am i supose to not do that????? Thank god she only weights 20 pounds which isnt too heave 'sigh'.

How is everyone doing??

Rach i think getting the surgery will be a good thing. And with that much of a non existent chance of loosing the baby i believe everything will be fine and work out no prob :)

surgery is postponed until Monday bcz the birthing center at the hospital is full and they're under staffed. I'm not gonna lie... I'm kinda pissed.

Awww Rach, bet you had geared yourself up for it :wacko: Try and have a relaxing weekend - hope you don't have to work?!

Good luck for today Rach, hopefully it will go ahead today, update us when you can xxx

so far so good. they have me a spinal and epidural instead of anesthesia. much safer for baby. they've checked 2-3 times since surgery and babys heart is still ticking :cloud9:

thank you all for the prayers. plz keep them coming. peanut is a trooper

What did u think of the epidural? When i got mine i didnt even feel it it was just like a hot pressure in my back but nothing painfull :)

it was bad for me. I could feel everything. the person doing it was too far to the left I had to guide him

Yay, Rach! Glad to hear you're doing as well as can be expected and that peanut is growing along nicely!! When I got my epidural, I didn't even feel it!! Contractions were so much worse!! Glad they could do that for you instead of general anesthesia!!

Question has anybody ever gotten a sterylet put it??? That's what it's called here. It's good for 5 years and very good from preventing pregnancy and etc. I'm thinking of getting one put in after this baby just in case while we debate if we want a 3rd or not. I'm thinking no..but seriously alot can happen in a few years so u never know i guess.....

And i really dont feel like going back to regular birth controle beurkkk..

I'm stalking here and saw your question Jess - I had mirena in for a year between Oakley and this pregnancy and honestly, I had a love/hate relationship with it. It was great because I pretty much didn't have a period on it. But - It slowly releases progesterone and it made my face break out like really badly, which is funny because early pregnancy makes my face break out (but not as bad as it was on Mirena), so it must be something with progesterone that doesn't sit well with me. I also had terrible anxiety - but we were completely remodeling a house at the time with a 6month old baby but I swear within 24-48hrs of getting it out, my face cleared up and my anxiety lifted. My good friend's sister-in-law ended up rejecting hers and had to have a hysterectomy due to infection - but that's insanely rare! I'm considering getting the non-hormonal copper version after this baby. I just really don't want any more hormones! I was on the pill for 10 years before Oakley and it was such a relief to get off that I really don't want to go back on. I want Kirk to get the snip snip but don't want to completely cut off all chances of having a third even though I'm 90% sure we won't want to.

Ok - that's my long winded response!! haha

See that's exactly how i feel!! My dh has no prob getting snipped but he wants to wait a few years to make 100% sure that we're done and not having another baby.

I'm thinking if u get the non hormonale one then it would b ok??? It would b nice not having to worry about taking your daily pill and etc such a freakin pain!!!

I have no idea what I'll do after this one either... We are more than likely going to have a 3rd litle one (Thankfully DH was on the same page when we talked about it this weekend) but it will be at least 2 full years between this one's birthday and trying for the next one. I have to be on a mini pill (progestrine only) because my body can't handle regular birth control and honestly I had like a -10 sex drive while I was on it before Cam and before trying for this one. I love feeling like me when I'm not on it so I just don't know what I'll do this time... all the "longer term" solutions seem to carry serious risks and that'd be my luck ;-p

As for when we are really DONE having kids, I don't know what I'll do then either. DH and I have both said we'd never ask the other to take the permenant route.

I plan to get the non-hormonal version when we have this baby to give us a chance to have a third if we decide to instead of the snip snip! The great thing about the hormonal version is the lack of a period but it def made me crazy so I will be opting for the non-hormonal version. My doctor swore up and down that the dose is so low in the mirena that it couldn't have any systemic effects but if you google it, plenty of women had the same issue I did with acne and mood changes. So, you just have to decide if you'd rather have no period and risk more side-effects - because there are plenty of women that have the hormonal version with no side-effects or if you kind of know hormones give you bad stuff, then I would go with the non-hormonal version. I REALLY enjoyed not having to think about bc with the mirena which is why I want the non-hormonal version after this one.

Mehh i figure who cares if i have to deal with my period it's no biggie for me. So i'd probably go for the non hormonal too just cuz i dont want icky side effecrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->