• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight Loss Club for a BFP!*Weight loss thread 51lbs!***13 BFP's

Hi ladies

I've got a lot to lose my BMI is over 40 :( I've recently lost 23lbs (since January) but I need to keep going!

x

23lbs since January is awesome!:happydance: What did you do to successfully lose so much? I'd love to know. :)

Thanks - I've gone Low Carb - cut out sugar, flour, potatoes and all starchy/ processed foods. I love the way my body feels on it - it's like it's finally running properly not coughing and spluttering along :haha:

Before I'd have very VERY irregular AF's (90 days without AF Before i started Low Carbing) and now i've been 28 days 3 months in a row :) :happydance:

Hey hun, it's amazing what a difference removing processed foods espcially wheat, bread and spuds! I'm following a veggie based diet we do have some meat like chicken but very rare. Have you noticed how on an unprocessed diet 'normal' food tastes a bit funky? We really fancied KFC a while ago so dh bought it! My first mistake was smelling it,:dohh: i ate it 10minutes later i was sick because it made me feel so ill :sick: urgh, and i used to live on that stuff! :haha:

I agree! When you ate eating the right healthy clean foods, you feel so fresh inside, then you cave in and eat some brown fried stuff with some sort of cheese and you can really tell! I normally get the squits straight away!

Hi ladies

I've got a lot to lose my BMI is over 40 :( I've recently lost 23lbs (since January) but I need to keep going!

x

23lbs since January is awesome!:happydance: What did you do to successfully lose so much? I'd love to know. :)

Thanks - I've gone Low Carb - cut out sugar, flour, potatoes and all starchy/ processed foods. I love the way my body feels on it - it's like it's finally running properly not coughing and spluttering along :haha:

Before I'd have very VERY irregular AF's (90 days without AF Before i started Low Carbing) and now i've been 28 days 3 months in a row :) :happydance:

Hey hun, it's amazing what a difference removing processed foods espcially wheat, bread and spuds! I'm following a veggie based diet we do have some meat like chicken but very rare. Have you noticed how on an unprocessed diet 'normal' food tastes a bit funky? We really fancied KFC a while ago so dh bought it! My first mistake was smelling it,:dohh: i ate it 10minutes later i was sick because it made me feel so ill :sick: urgh, and i used to live on that stuff! :haha:

Someone made me a cheese cake because it WAS my favourite so i had a tiny slice to be polite and almost passed out from the effect the sugar had on me .... lesson learnt!

Hi ladies

x

Someone made me a cheese cake because it WAS my favourite so i had a tiny slice to be polite and almost passed out from the effect the sugar had on me .... lesson learnt!

:eek: every time I try processed food it's just yuk! lol

Woohoo! This will be my second regular cycle since I stopped taking BC in May 2011! I feel like I can attribute that to the diet and excersise and vitamins!:thumbup:

I'm trying to lose 17 lbs. I'm at my highest I've been in several years. I am hoping to get this weight off before July. My BMI is within healthy range; however, my body fat percentage is 36% which is considered obese. I suppose it is because I've been so lazy for the past 18 months or so. It's high time I got back to exercising regularly and eating healthier. Starting today. I did two high-intensity interval cardio workouts this morning. I feel good about it, I will do two more of them before the day is done. Also will do a moderate-level bodyweight workout this afternoon. I need to keep motivated and accountable to keep up with it and not cave into my bad habits I've been accumulating lately (namely junk food and being lazy).

I'm trying to lose 17 lbs. I'm at my highest I've been in several years. I am hoping to get this weight off before July. My BMI is within healthy range; however, my body fat percentage is 36% which is considered obese. I suppose it is because I've been so lazy for the past 18 months or so. It's high time I got back to exercising regularly and eating healthier. Starting today. I did two high-intensity interval cardio workouts this morning. I feel good about it, I will do two more of them before the day is done. Also will do a moderate-level bodyweight workout this afternoon. I need to keep motivated and accountable to keep up with it and not cave into my bad habits I've been accumulating lately (namely junk food and being lazy).

Hey hun welcome to the thread :hugs::happydance: great work on the exercie front :thumbup:. I'm aiming to get back in the pool tommorrow and stop feeling sorry for myself:wacko:

Went to slimming world tonight and stayed the same :(
I am ON IT this coming week, really strict. I plan to lose 5lbs! We'll see :)

So I've been reading a lot of dieting threads here and on MFP. I feel like I'm doing it all wrong! I am very happy with my weight loss so far but I on;t work out 2 to 4 days a week. Which is usually about 2-3 hours, all cardio. I also eat basically whatever I want I just watch my portions and I usually eat less than 1200 calories a day. SHould I be worried that everyone else works out everyday and includes strength training and eats cleanly?

So I've been reading a lot of dieting threads here and on MFP. I feel like I'm doing it all wrong! I am very happy with my weight loss so far but I on;t work out 2 to 4 days a week. Which is usually about 2-3 hours, all cardio. I also eat basically whatever I want I just watch my portions and I usually eat less than 1200 calories a day. SHould I be worried that everyone else works out everyday and includes strength training and eats cleanly?

Well the first thing that comes to mind is that if you are only eating 1200 calories a day, they should all be healthy calories. 1200 is really really low, and you might send your body into starvation mode. At the least, if you're going to have that low of a limit make sure you're getting enough protein, fiber, calcium, carbs, fruits and veggies etc.
You can use a nutrition tracker like sparkpeople.com, it tells you how many carbs/calories/protein etc you are getting.
I think the main reason people add strength training is to help ensure that they aren't losing a lot of muscle weight. Strength training keeps your muscles in shape and helps you lose more fat and less muscle. That said, I haven't added strength training to my plan yet.

Thanks, minuet. I eat plenty of protein. I go over on protein a lot when counting my calories on MFP. I try to eat at least 2 fruits and 1 veggie a day and I usually do if not more. I'm losing a bit every week, like 1 1/2 lb or under. I'm never hungry or lightheaded. It's difficult to find food that is good for you to fit into your daily calories. So I just eat whatever I can to get as close to my goal as possible without going over on calories or fat. So I definately don't eat clean. I would have to hard a time getting to 1200 calories if I did. I thought I was doing great until I read about everyone doing strength training and eating clean.

I do 2 to 3 hours of cardio (which is walking on my treadmill) every week. Maybe when I get closer to my goal weight I will incorporate some sort of strength training but I don't have a lot of motivation as it is and I don't want to wear myself out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm very confused. I feel like I'm getting enough to eat and enough vitamins and excersise and I'm still losing but I just worry when everyone else is doing something different than I am.

looking for advice on how to eat more 'clean'. What is it that you clean eaters eat for dinner?

looking for advice on how to eat more 'clean'. What is it that you clean eaters eat for dinner?

Removed processed foods, sweets, sugary snax chocolate, crisps (chips), takeaways, sodas, reduce wheat intake or remove compeletly, pasta, spuds, eat lots of fruit and veg, salads, peas, beans, lentals, brown rice. sounds quite extreme on writing?

Removed processed foods, sweets, sugary snax, takeaways, sodas, reduce wheat intake or remove compeletly, pasta, spuds, eat lots of fruit and veg, salads, peas, beans, lentals, brown rice. sounds quite extreme on writing?

Are you in the UK?

Removed processed foods, sweets, sugary snax, takeaways, sodas, reduce wheat intake or remove compeletly, pasta, spuds, lots of fruit and veg, peas, beans, lentals, sounds quite extreme on writing?

Uh yeah. lol. Clarify please, for instance what are you having for dinner tonight?

Removed processed foods, sweets, sugary snax, takeaways, sodas, reduce wheat intake or remove compeletly, pasta, spuds, lots of fruit and veg, peas, beans, lentals, sounds quite extreme on writing?

Uh yeah. lol. Clarify please, for instance what are you having for dinner tonight?

Tonight we had: mixed salad leaves with asparagus, grilled redpepper, chillied houllomi (greek cheese, tastes a little like bacon when cooked) courgette, grated carrot and hard boiled eggs.

Thanks. As much as i love the idea of 'eating clean' there is no way I could pull that off. I love food too much and my husband loves food even more. That is so great for you, though! It is awesome that you can eat like that everyday!You should really be proud of yourself! I think I will just try to cut down on the sugars and greasy foods and replace them with more fruit and veg. Like I said, it's actually that I don't eat enough calories. EVen though I eat unhealthy foods I do not eat much of them and I still can't reach my 'goal' of 1320 calories. I often hit around 1100 which apparently is not enough.

I am also looking into adding a bit of strength training into my excersise routine. I want to start small like a few sit ups and dumbells maybe. I'm really just hoping I can remain healthy and still lose.

Thanks, minuet. I eat plenty of protein. I go over on protein a lot when counting my calories on MFP. I try to eat at least 2 fruits and 1 veggie a day and I usually do if not more. I'm losing a bit every week, like 1 1/2 lb or under. I'm never hungry or lightheaded. It's difficult to find food that is good for you to fit into your daily calories. So I just eat whatever I can to get as close to my goal as possible without going over on calories or fat. So I definately don't eat clean. I would have to hard a time getting to 1200 calories if I did. I thought I was doing great until I read about everyone doing strength training and eating clean.

I do 2 to 3 hours of cardio (which is walking on my treadmill) every week. Maybe when I get closer to my goal weight I will incorporate some sort of strength training but I don't have a lot of motivation as it is and I don't want to wear myself out.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm very confused. I feel like I'm getting enough to eat and enough vitamins and excersise and I'm still losing but I just worry when everyone else is doing something different than I am.

Hey hun do what works for you! there's no one size fits all for weightloss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexJEllison
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->