Welcome to the 'Two Week Wait'

Hey Amanda - so I used FRER and totally expected it to be positive. STILL no period and I was feeling nauseous, light headed and couldn't concentrate all day. Maybe just psychosomatic? IDK but I felt wierd and I keep thinking I've started and run to bathroom but... nada.

Did you look at my post about work? What do you think? I am nervous because I start the long shift from 9:30 pm - 6 am tomorrow night. If I am preggers, can working a graveyard shift hurt the baby? Like maybe by not getting normal sleep? What about heavy lifting this early?

OH NO!!! I just googled and this popped up right away:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/PreventiveCare/2296

I guess I'm going to be the shortest-term employee ever on record :cry:

OH NO!!! I just googled and this popped up right away:

https://www.medpagetoday.com/PrimaryCare/PreventiveCare/2296

I guess I'm going to be the shortest-term employee ever on record :cry:

A lot of people at my work are females who do the overnight shift and many of them have been pregnant and have gone full-term. One of them has had three kids and went over a week late with each of them, lol. Give yourself a chance to get into the rhythm of working there and I think your body will adjust. As long as you're getting enough sleep during the day and you're taking care of yourself, I think you'll be fine. Especially now that it's heading into the darker months where there's less sunlight anyway. :flower:

Hey Amanda - so I used FRER and totally expected it to be positive. STILL no period and I was feeling nauseous, light headed and couldn't concentrate all day. Maybe just psychosomatic? IDK but I felt wierd and I keep thinking I've started and run to bathroom but... nada.

Did you look at my post about work? What do you think? I am nervous because I start the long shift from 9:30 pm - 6 am tomorrow night. If I am preggers, can working a graveyard shift hurt the baby? Like maybe by not getting normal sleep? What about heavy lifting this early?

Yes sorry I got a lil busy. :)
Well I see lots of good and bad. Good is kids will be sleeping and helps with day care expense. Do they go to school? You will def need your sleep just for your health alone. If you are preggo you know how important sleep is. I dont think it will hurt the baby if your not getting perfect sleep. Just eat really healthy too. Heavy lifting will not be good after a lil while and it puts stress on ur body if your not used to it. Its like exercise when ur preggo. U can do it as long as your were before u were preggo. I wouldn't mention being pregnant until ur second trimester just because that's pretty much when you tell everyone anyways. I worked that same shift when I was pregnant with my first and I had a perfect pregnancy. I actually was induced. I think you are totally fine with working it. Just like everything else in life you have to make adjustments. GL sweetie and I am happy your happy you got a job. :)

Thanks guys!! I still have no period yet - FRER is still negative (retested this morning) - feeling nauseous light headed and flighty. ?? What gives? :shrug:

You guys made me feel better with your responses so thank you! I need to just take it one day at a time, listen to my body and see how it goes. If it's too much for me, I'll give it up and hope they like me enough to take me back on later.:smug:

I don't know how any of this will pan out, or if I even AM preggers or not yet - so I'm going to stop getting ahead of myself and play it by ear. I'm way too much of a planner. :blush:

Anyway, any of you hear of FRER giving a negative this late in the game. I think that was implantation bleeding the other day during my walk - haven't had any since. But symptoms have started since then (which they say is when the HCG starts really doubling, so that makes sense). From implantation until a BFP they say takes 3-4 days, so.... if that's true than I wouldn't get a BFP until like Saturday. Am I right about this or am I nuts? I feel totally preggers, even vacuuming the living room just now made me nauseous and dizzy. :shrug:

Nuff about me, what's the update on you guys? Baby dancin all over the place? :happydance::haha: It's so funny how much we know about what we're all up to HAHA:blush:

Thanks guys!! I still have no period yet - FRER is still negative (retested this morning) - feeling nauseous light headed and flighty. ?? What gives? :shrug:

You guys made me feel better with your responses so thank you! I need to just take it one day at a time, listen to my body and see how it goes. If it's too much for me, I'll give it up and hope they like me enough to take me back on later.:smug:

I don't know how any of this will pan out, or if I even AM preggers or not yet - so I'm going to stop getting ahead of myself and play it by ear. I'm way too much of a planner. :blush:

Anyway, any of you hear of FRER giving a negative this late in the game. I think that was implantation bleeding the other day during my walk - haven't had any since. But symptoms have started since then (which they say is when the HCG starts really doubling, so that makes sense). From implantation until a BFP they say takes 3-4 days, so.... if that's true than I wouldn't get a BFP until like Saturday. Am I right about this or am I nuts? I feel totally preggers, even vacuuming the living room just now made me nauseous and dizzy. :shrug:

Nuff about me, what's the update on you guys? Baby dancin all over the place? :happydance::haha: It's so funny how much we know about what we're all up to HAHA:blush:

lol ur so funny. and sounds just like me with the whole planning thing.
Well 3 things could have happened 1. you are preggo and its just not showing up. (yes it can happen I would know) 2. That was implantation and you still have a few days. 3. You Oed later then you thought.
Symptoms hit you all kinds of fast!!!! Did your other pregnancys do that too?

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing good today I know I am exhausted did anyone get their BFP Yet

Still worried about my cycle. This was my first month using OPKs and I got my LH surge on Saturday. I'm pretty sure that I ovulated on Monday based on my CM. I tend to get "dry" about 2 days after I ovulate (sorry if that's tmi). That would be perfect with me if Monday was the day though because we BD'd Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The only issue is that I would have ovulated 5 days late, which I don't know if that's normal for me or what.

I think you are on the right track. Ovulation usually occurs two days after first positive opk. And maybe its not late for you. Fx for you.

Hello!! :thumbup:

Still no period.... :happydance:

Well, Amanda, I sure hope it's one of the first two options you gave LOL - I have no idea when I ovulated but I do know that my symptoms did always show up really fast with my girls - like as in, I knew I was preggers within DAYS of conception - I know, impossible right? But I always knew. BUT ... I did get a positive really early with first and third (the miscarriage). The second however, my daughter, she was negative, negative, negative all the way through testing. I had a light period and everything. The only way I found out was I went in for some test at the docs, a CT scan for something else (I think unexplained tummy aches, nausea, etc actually LOL) and they made me fill out a form that asks "Could you be pregnant?" and just being a smart ass I said "I guess any woman always could be, and not know it" totally just being a smart ass - but they freaked (thank God) and insisted I get a blood test before proceeding. I remember thinking it was so dumb and being so frustrated that I had to go do it. I totally "knew" it was negative because all the FRERs had said so for WEEKS. Well, guess what?? Positive. When the girl told me I was like, "Wait, what?" LOL I couldn't even understand what she was telling me lol

So to make a long boring story short HAHA - that's my symptom history. Totally early symptoms, 2/3 of pregnancies detected by HPTs, the other one never did show up on one.

AnTyways, still no period and going off to my night shift now.... have a good night guys! :hugs:

Hi! I'm new here. My BF and I have decided to try for baby # 1 but this will be my 3rd.. I know it sounds crazy to already have 2 and then want another one...
had my IUD removed 26/10 so hoping that something has happened in the interim. is anyone else going through this and also feeling paranoid about wondering if youre preggers or not. I google every site of pregnancy and think i am becoming a bit nutty about pregnancy now. HELP!!!! I should be having my mensies aroind the 21st but wonder if its possible to do a pregnancy test before then???:wacko:

Hi BD Hunter are you stressing a lot at the moment because that can also be a cause of missing a period too (i'm surprised i don't miss loads of them lol!) My bro's girlfriend missed a period tested and it was bfn but the next month she tested when she was due on and it was a bfp so u never know.

I wouldn't go on the pill to get your periods to start because they can mess things up too i come off the pill 6 months ago and am still worrying that i may not be ovulating yet so i'll be checking my temps next week if i get my period just not sure how to check the cm yet :(

I get symptoms every month since we have been ttc but i never end up with a bfp altho this month iv been having some bad tummy aches and that was something i noticed when i was pregnant with my first but not the two miscarriages i had.

I hope you get some answers soon and we and everyone else ttc get our bfps soon good luck x

Good morning ladies....i am due to hav my period 2moro (15/10) but i hav got so many pregnancy symptoms.

My symptoms are:
1. Constantly tired, i literally put my head down then i am fast asleep. I am even to tired to :sex:
2. Constantly hungry....i even wake up hungry and get very kweezy when i dont get anything in soon.
3. Abdominal pain for almost 3 days now...but stil no sign of AF which is weird coz usually the day b4 AF is due i wud start to spot.
4. tenderboobs - but its usually feels so when period is due
5. i hav been suffering from heartburn lately and having cravings for foods that i dont usually eat.
6. Hot flushes
7. Sum days i feel so bloated...and my abdomen feels so big.
8. Moods

i dont also know but it feels as if my CM is leaking...i really dont knw why....feels like i am actually wetting myself.

I so want to test but sooooooooooo scared of getting a :bfn:

Good morning ladies....i am due to hav my period 2moro (15/10) but i hav got so many pregnancy symptoms.

My symptoms are:
1. Constantly tired, i literally put my head down then i am fast asleep. I am even to tired to :sex:
2. Constantly hungry....i even wake up hungry and get very kweezy when i dont get anything in soon.
3. Abdominal pain for almost 3 days now...but stil no sign of AF which is weird coz usually the day b4 AF is due i wud start to spot.
4. tenderboobs - but its usually feels so when period is due
5. i hav been suffering from heartburn lately and having cravings for foods that i dont usually eat.
6. Hot flushes
7. Sum days i feel so bloated...and my abdomen feels so big.
8. Moods

i dont also know but it feels as if my CM is leaking...i really dont knw why....feels like i am actually wetting myself.

I so want to test but sooooooooooo scared of getting a :bfn:

Your symptoms sound really really good but all you can do is wait until tomorrow and take a test or buy a first response or clear blue and they should tell you today. good luck and hope you get your bfp :)

Hello!! :thumbup:

Still no period.... :happydance:

Well, Amanda, I sure hope it's one of the first two options you gave LOL - I have no idea when I ovulated but I do know that my symptoms did always show up really fast with my girls - like as in, I knew I was preggers within DAYS of conception - I know, impossible right? But I always knew. BUT ... I did get a positive really early with first and third (the miscarriage). The second however, my daughter, she was negative, negative, negative all the way through testing. I had a light period and everything. The only way I found out was I went in for some test at the docs, a CT scan for something else (I think unexplained tummy aches, nausea, etc actually LOL) and they made me fill out a form that asks "Could you be pregnant?" and just being a smart ass I said "I guess any woman always could be, and not know it" totally just being a smart ass - but they freaked (thank God) and insisted I get a blood test before proceeding. I remember thinking it was so dumb and being so frustrated that I had to go do it. I totally "knew" it was negative because all the FRERs had said so for WEEKS. Well, guess what?? Positive. When the girl told me I was like, "Wait, what?" LOL I couldn't even understand what she was telling me lol

So to make a long boring story short HAHA - that's my symptom history. Totally early symptoms, 2/3 of pregnancies detected by HPTs, the other one never did show up on one.

AnTyways, still no period and going off to my night shift now.... have a good night guys! :hugs:

That's awesome!!!! Thats how 2 of mine were. Took til like 6 weeks to show. My first could have to but he was my first and you all know how that goes. :) Well you better go in for another blood test. :)

Hi all, new here. Don't really know where to go on this one and sorry if you read the same thing on another thread. We are on month two of ttc. On Monday (Oct 10) I had a positive opk and today when I woke up had a bit of bleeding. Not much at all and didn't last for long at all. Just freaked a little bit I guess. So hi everyone!

:hi: mod19 and welcome! Bleeding can be cause by ovulating! So I think ur good. :) Just BD lots and lots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->