• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Christmassy thing have you done today?

Made gingerbread people
15420816_10101322279789380_7674936015325361137_n.jpg

Gingerbread people look fab !.! We are making a big card today for all the children in DD1s nursery . Wish me luck. There will be glitter overload !! x

Wrote Christmas cards to Holly's school friends.

Make gingerbread angel tree decorations for the kids grandparents

And I'm sat here trying to work out how best to do Santa as this is the first year DS really understands and therefore the year which will be followed the same each year.

Made an angel costume for DS1 nativity.
Rearranged the furniture to make room for the tree
Bought more gifts just one more to go!

Put together one of dd's Santa gifts and wrapped it. Wrapped a few other Santa gifts. Had a brief panic when I couldn't find the box with most of her gifts. Forgot I had moved it from the loft :dohh:

Made some paper chains with the kids for their bedroom and then let them loose with all our christmas sticking bits and pieces.

Love the gingerbread people we usually do shortbread biscuits but might try gingerbread this year

Received personalised tree ornaments for the kids :cloud9:

Finally learned how to bake cookies. I've never been much of a cook, but this time I leveled up :D

Put up the tree and made the stuffing and veggie wellington to put in the freezer ready.

Even more Christmas shopping - I keep thinking I'm done and then more people appear on my list :growlmad:

I'm now debating whether to sort out my stash of presents or enjoy the rare moment of peace while ds2 and ds3 sleep

Even more Christmas shopping - I keep thinking I'm done and then more people appear on my list :growlmad:

I'm now debating whether to sort out my stash of presents or enjoy the rare moment of peace while ds2 and ds3 sleep

I hope you enjoyed the peace :coffee:

Sewed together ds nativity costume.
Baked gingerbread tree decorations

I hope you enjoyed the peace :coffee:

I settled on writing my Christmas cards - with a hot cup of coffee :coffee: :happydance: - and it was bliss thank you!

It probably doesn't really count as it didn't end up Christmassy. BUT, I did set out to make polymer clay Christmas dinners for my LO's doll's house characters, until I realised I'd left all my supplies at my mum's when I moved out and I only had three colours ... so I had to make biscuits, bread, etc.

It still felt Christmassy though, as it was a craft, and I stubbornly listened to carols throughout the process, so I've created a nice festive glow around myself. :haha:

Please ignore the muffin tray I used to bake them - stupid OH has thrown out all our baking trays, except a pizza tray with loads of holes! :dohh:

Attachments

• photomagic(1)(60).jpg
    photomagic(1)(60).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5
Today I tried to make another batch of the cornflour salt dough decorations. Turns out the bicarb I got this time is a fake. I thought it looked funny. The decorations turned out awfull. I made 3 lots of dough before I gave up and bought some more for a different shop. Will make them tonight , along with sugar cookies, and finish off the party boxes for the kids Christmas party this weekend.

Filled out some Christmas cards I needed to get sent. And indulged in some "Candy Cane Lane" tea. It was sooo yummy. :)

I also placed my last online order for presents this year. It was a big bill but I can't wait for the stuff to arrive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->