What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

Not many people know yet but mil was asking if we had thought of any names and we might as well just think of girls names as all the men in their family seem to have girls lol my husband turned around and just said thanks mum, just to let you know we will be happy if its another girl as we already have a lovely little girl. MIL told me loads when lo was just born about how lovely little boys were and how good boys were lol, I don't mind girl or boy but she is obsessed

i posted yesterday that no one has asked me any silly questions, well just 30 mins later i had my first..
I went to the local supermarket to pick a crate of coke up, in this crate they were 12 standard sized cans, not heavy at all.. im walking round the supermarket with the crate, some muffins and a tin of custard in a basket when a worker looked at me, looked at my bump and said 'should you really be carrying that' my first reply was 'carry what? the baby or the shopping' he looked and smiled i then said 'im pregnant love, not ret****d'
i get that you shouldn't carry heavy things when pregnant but seriously? if i feel i can carry something i will, if i cant, i will try but give up. When i recently moved home my dad helped us, he would only allow me to pick up empty boxes or light things like bedding LOL i suppose people mean well but what would the guy have done? carried it round the shop and home for me?
I laughed most of the way home whilst carrying my shopping!

*sorry if the starred word offends anyone, i just had to say it

I was at the Gym tonight, when a block came onto the treadmill next to me. He took one look at my bump and said I can help you get rid of that tummy if you want. I told him thanks but I think I will leave that job to the midwives. His face was a picture.

I was at the Gym tonight, when a block came onto the treadmill next to me. He took one look at my bump and said I can help you get rid of that tummy if you want. I told him thanks but I think I will leave that job to the midwives. His face was a picture.

oh GOD how rude....

:rofl:

I myself almost asked a weird question, but I stopped myself.

A friend of mine just had her first baby on Monday. She's a gorgeous little girl with a head full of black hair. I was also born with a head full of black hair... but my parents are Hispanic. My friend and her DH are both very Irish looking... strawberry blond hair, freckles...

So I nearly asked, "Where did that black hair come from?"

But thank goodness. I realized that it would sound like I was asking her if she was cheating on her husband. So I didn't ask.

What a chump. Bizarre comment!:wacko:

This one isn't about pregnancy so to say more about my delivery the last time,
My older sis : So are they gonna do an episiotomy on you again?"
Me: "they didn't do one the first time"
sis: "Yes they did! You needed stitches"
Me: "Yes I needed stitches but I tore"
Sis "So that is an episiotomy" :dohh:
Me: "Umm no I tore... its not an episiotomy, that is when THEY cut you"
Sis: "So then whats it called what happened to you?"
Me: "tearing."

And then my MIL always asks me everytime if my baby is still growing. :wacko: errrm YEAH :haha:

Lol! No, the baby stopped growing. It's going to be the same size forever!

I myself almost asked a weird question, but I stopped myself.

A friend of mine just had her first baby on Monday. She's a gorgeous little girl with a head full of black hair. I was also born with a head full of black hair... but my parents are Hispanic. My friend and her DH are both very Irish looking... strawberry blond hair, freckles...

So I nearly asked, "Where did that black hair come from?"

But thank goodness. I realized that it would sound like I was asking her if she was cheating on her husband. So I didn't ask.

There are so many things I probably said to people like this before I was pregnant and realized that some people might take it wrong or think I was a moron, lol!

I feel bad now, but I honestly didn't know! :)

my boss said to me yesterday 'aw your bumps growing isnt it' i looked at him and said well id be worried if it wasnt, i guess its normal.

not a question but.. i went to the shop the other day and i notice the security guard following me around alot, i got home and told my boyfriend, he said its because i look so young, he will be assuming im too young to be pregnant so must be shoplifting -_-.. he could have a point though LOL

Or maybe he thought your baby bump was really a frozen chicken stuffed up your jumper? :haha:

HAHA maybe so,
its also funny how awkward some people can be when been around someone pregnant, trying to work out if they are or not, i work in a letting agent so i was signing a tenant to a property, he was sat there with his wife and like kinda sat up straight mumbled something and quickly pointed to his tummy while 'face pointing' at me, his wife ever so slyly looked at me and nodded.
I was dying to say 'yes love, i am pregnant'.. why are people so awkward when they see a pregnant woman i find it funny though :)

Probably because people get so offended if you ask if they're pregnant and they're not. ;)

Probably because people get so offended if you ask if they're pregnant and they're not. ;)

Ive had 3 people ask me outright if i am, my ex-next door neighbour, i was stood at the door with my dogs and was talking to her, she was looking at me for a while and just asked me, when i said i was she looked relieved and said 'thank god didnt wana ask u incase u was just putting weight on lol
Then i went to the shop a while ago and the lady in the shop said to me 'are you erm, yano' so i said yes, it was her husband that noticed but he didnt dare ask me so he told her i looked to have a cute bump all of a sudden so she asked me.
The other was when i just started showing, and he was a bit tipsy so he just said 'your pregnant arent you'

Lol! The nurse (medical assistant? whoever) that was taking my vitals yesterday asked if it was planned. And then when I said yes, she congratulated us. :dohh: What if I'd said it was an accident? Then what?

everyone seems to care if baby was a accident or not i don;t see why it matters

i wonder what they would say if someone said "yes it was a accident the condom broke" ... makes me want to try it to see what they say :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->