What's the weirdest question someone asked you about your pregnancy?

:haha: chickenchaser - too funny!

Everyone seems very quick to tell us that next Christmas is going to be chaos and noisey - I *really* don't believe that my 5-6 month old baby will either understand or have the ability to cause mayhem. I do wish people would piss off with their oh so helpful advice. Irritable today?

With Sophie: "are you sure?" and "how did that happen!".

how did it happen? :rofl:

well a man and a woman who love each other very much ....

:rofl:

I recently got asked if I was having twins, even though that person knows I'm not!! ugh so rude! So I said oh no by now it would have surely shown on the ultrasound, in which I was told "You never know" gaahh :dohh:

I haven't been asked any strange questions with this one, but with my first it was "Are you sure your pregnant?", "Really your that far, where's baby hiding?"

I was talking to my coworker about my previous MC and how I'm glad this pregnancy is going well but its hard not to be a little worried... And she replied with "Well you look like your showing!" Lol I was at the end of 7 weeks when she said that. Yeahhh showing extra pounds I've put on! Lol I know she was just trying to be supportive but I totally do not have a baby bump yet, just bloat :p

I also get the 'over half way and not showing, are you sure your pregnant?'
nope, I'm just pretending :thumbup:

With my son I always got the "are you sure it's not twins?" Yeah, I was so big no one believed me when I said there was only one in there. Even when I said no, just one they always followed with a "are you sure?". Then another, yeah I"m sure. I had 14 ultrasounds. I'm sure they would have found an extra set of arms by now... Then...."Wow....it's going to be HUGE". Gee, thanks? Yeah, I had one and he was a 6 pounder. LOL My mom tells me it must have been water weight. I'll go with that. ;)

Nothing too bad this time.

This thread is fantastic! We haven't really gotten any yet, but hardly anyone knows.

I did mention our plan of gender neutral parenting to my (ultra conservative & very gender role oriented) dad and explained that we weren't going to tell anyone what we're having. He just stared for a minute and then said something about how people needed to know so they could know what to buy. :dohh: Totally missed the entire point there!

On the twin question I tell people nah actually its quads and I am only 16 weeks pregnant but I don't want to freak people out with the truth

We told most of our family at Thanksgiving that we were expecting #4. Everyone was so happy... no inappropriate reactions, etc. The next day, my DH called his mother who lives out-of-state and her first response was "Was this an oopsie?" Seriously!?!? How about a, "congratulations" or something a long those lines. But, I have no tolerance for her these days after she invited herself to our house only a week after my last DS was born and stayed for 3 weeks!!!!! I still cry about losing all the time with my new family and having to "share" it with HER! Ooops... I let out some of my pregnancy hormones :haha:

We told most of our family at Thanksgiving that we were expecting #4. Everyone was so happy... no inappropriate reactions, etc. The next day, my DH called his mother who lives out-of-state and her first response was "Was this an oopsie?" Seriously!?!? How about a, "congratulations" or something a long those lines. But, I have no tolerance for her these days after she invited herself to our house only a week after my last DS was born and stayed for 3 weeks!!!!! I still cry about losing all the time with my new family and having to "share" it with HER! Ooops... I let out some of my pregnancy hormones :haha:

Her staying for 3 weeks would drive me CRAZY! I need my alone time especially in that situation!

Not a question, but apparently when my husband's aunty heard about this pregnancy she said 'That boy sure hits them out of the park'. Which was an odd comment. Especially since we've been married seven years and this is our second child, so she has no reason to suspect he has an exceptional batting average!

I was lucky last time. I got LOTS of 'are you sure there's only one?' and 'You're not going to give birth in my office are you?' from co-workers (in fairness, I was twin-sized due to extra amniotic fluid) but it was always done in a playful way, it never hurt my feelings. I also had no uninvited touching. I used to like it when people used to say 'wow, you're so big!' because I knew it was meant with excitement not meanness. I don't know how some of you don't punch people in the face when they say mean things.

Her staying for 3 weeks would drive me CRAZY! I need my alone time especially in that situation!

hahaha... hence why I haven't spoken to her since!!! It was the worst experience and she totally ruined my first couple weeks with my newborn. I completely resent her for it. I need my alone time too after having a baby and I felt very let-down by both my husband and MIL for being to selfish about what THEY wanted and not what I needed! It will NOT happen again with this baby. I will be banning all visitors until I'm ready and no one will be allowed to question me this time. (As you can tell, it's still a touchy subject :growlmad: )

Sweet Jesus you lot have some insane stories.

The worst by far for me has been my co-worker who was a nurse in PR before he moved stateside and had his two children (his daughter having been born just a few days ago and TOTALLY gorgeous!!!), decided to tell me that my doctors are lying and I am, indeed, suffering GD because of how large my son is so far coupled with the fact that I'm a larger lady.

... And then proceeds to give me a blow pop.

with my first i was asked if i was having a baby because a freind of mine was having one.
i also managed to hide the 8lb 14oz baby bump from everyone in town as they were all surprised to see me pushing a buggy and i either got "wow is she yours?" "when did this happen" or "should you be pushing somebody's small baby around like she was yours?"
i cant wait to see what happens this time as my friend just had another one and the age gap between the 2 will be the same as last time.

this isnt a question, but yesterday i was talking with my OH's grandparents, his grandma said to his grandad 'havent you something to say about their babies name'.. weve decided we are doing to call him Malakai a irish name, in the bible which means messenger of god. so his grandad said 'YES Malakai, he was a jew, and people will change his name to Mal or Mally, you cant call him that you have to think of something else'..

as much as i love his grandad, i was pretty annoyed yano, i forgot this was everyone elses baby, and everyone else has a say in his name.. but then it made me thnk, we are obv not going to change his name, so when hes born is he going to have a face on and give a tut whenever he hears/ says his name LOOL so what

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->