Your makeup stash!

Sorry didn't realise pic was so dark, here's a better one x

Love the colours! I am definitely not brave enough to wear such bright colours on my fingers! I mainly only wear muted tones, but seen so many pretty bright colours and designs (my sister does nail art and it always amazes me!)

Wow I am so jealous, I so badly wish I had the space for some sort of dressing table!
I will take a picture of mine later, for Christmas I finally got some decent make up but I just use it for going out not day to day!

You should deffo do youtube videos, I need massive help with eye make up!

I don't have a proper make-up area, but I tend to do a little set up if I'm going 'all out'.
Product list:

Real Techniques foundation brush,
elf studio stipple brush,
elf studio lipstick brush
elf studio concealer brush,
Soap and Glory kabuki brush,
Urban Decay Naked 2 brush,
Soap and Glory contouring brush (came free with 'girl-o-whirl' set),
elf brow/lash brush and comb (forgot to include this in the pictures),
elf studio eyebrow kit,
Soap and Glory Kick Ass concealer,
'That Gal' primer by Benefit,
Revlon Photoready primer,
Revlon Photoready foundation,
MAC Pro Longwear foundation,
Clinique CC cream,
Clinique blush,
MAC creamsheen lipstick in Creme d'nude
MAC lip pencil,
MAC creamsheen nude lipgloss,
Soap and Glory 'Marvelips' lip pencil duo,
Urban Decay Naked 2 (and free lip gloss),
elf studio eyeshadow primer,
Soap and Glory Supercat liner,
elf studio eyelash primer,
Soap and Glory 'Thick & Fast' mascara (replacing this soon for Max Factor Clump Defy - came free with the girl-o-whirl set),
Sexy Motherpucker lipgloss (came free with the girl-o-whirl set).

The S&G Girl-O-Whirl set also has Solar Powder bronzer, Glow All Out face powder (this is amazing!!), 6 lipsticks and 6 eyeshadows.

I used to have a few more lipsticks and bright bits, but I chucked loads of old stuff away recently.

Attachments

• photo 3(1).jpg
    photo 3(1).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
  • photo 2(2).jpg
    photo 2(2).jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 20
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 16
Bumpy J your stash is amazing :o

Awh thank you :blush: I've only recently started getting properly into make-up (in the 'using tools/brushes' sense) and I'm slowly getting addicted to it. I was begging for OH to take me out last Saturday so I could have an excuse to practice contouring :rofl:

So on the topic--can't find an eyeliner I LOVE! What do you ladies like?

I love my gel liner at the moment. I have the maybeline pot but have just ordered a gel pencil from avon so hoping to love that too x

Also, I'm DYING to use MAC foundation and concealer, but don't have a store anywhere near and wouldn't know what shade to order online. boo hoo :cry::cry::cry:

I suck as a woman, my stash is a set OH got me for xmas, I haven't used any of it lol.

I suck as a woman, my stash is a set OH got me for xmas, I haven't used any of it lol.

Me too, my 'stash' Is a mascara and blusher!!! Ha ha. Make up really overwhelms me, I'd love to be able to put it on

I have an embarrassingly large makeup collection myself that I recently had to purge. Had a lot of older eyeliners, eyeshadows, and glosses to get rid of.

I use mostly Avon and Urban Decay. I have some Smashbox glosses too. I'm more of a heavier eye makeup/lighter gloss user. I only own 2 tubes of lipstick and several tubes of lip gloss.

Awesome thread! I love Mac, have blush, under eye concealer which works great for evening out red spots now that I'm preggers:grr:, brown wp eyeliner which doubles for eyebrows when they need a dye (I'm way too fair) (Arden I think?), Lancombe $$$$is my fav mascara but I usually get Browns for everyday use and $ -it's a good layer w/no clumping,

Mac blush, shroom, rice paper eye shadows & Mac bronzer (no glitter kind), and powder, just a light one for shine.

I love their clearish lip glosses, there's one that has an irritant in it which slightly numbs the lips making them plump up. Nudes on the lips mostly...lipgloss:nice buzz (fav), oh baby & lust. Lip pencils: etcetera, spice, sublime culture, oak and Portside when I'm feeling daring.

I'm in love with CND Shellac. It doesn't have the hormone disrupters that regular nail Polish has and it stays on for 2-3 weeks. I ordered my uv light thru ebay and got the shellac from an online store. I mostly wear French manicure though as I love the clean look. I got myself a manicure to learn how to do it and then used YouTube tutorials. I can now apply sparkles and more advanced fun stuff to tips.

I don't suppose anyone could recommend me a budget tool to smudge regular pencil eyeliner for the smoky look? I couldn't think of a better place than here to ask!

I only use Clinique high impact mascara. Lol. Simple girl. Xx

I don't suppose anyone could recommend me a budget tool to smudge regular pencil eyeliner for the smoky look? I couldn't think of a better place than here to ask!

I sometimes find that cotton swabs will do the trick.

Have a look at the Barry M brushes in Superdrug, I have one that I really like, think it was £2.99 xxx

I sometimes find that cotton swabs will do the trick.

Yes cotton buds are kind of ok but you really should buy a blending brush. You can find them cheap at SuperDrug or boots (though I would always day to buy a good pricier brush because the fibers work just so much better for applying and blending). If you did want to spend more I really do love MAC brushes, some I've had for over ten years.

I also have some of these Crown brushes and they are very good, and so cheap too! Great place to get your brushes cheaper!

https://www.crownbrush.co.uk/brushes/brushes-type/blending-brush.html

So on the topic--can't find an eyeliner I LOVE! What do you ladies like?

An eye liner for your lid or liner for your inner waterline? For the inner I love mac technakohl in carbon and the max factor black kohl pencil. Definitely the most pigmented and best I've used.

For lid liner I either use MAC carbon (black) eyeshadow for a slightly softer day look, and use gel liner, either MAC or Bobbi brown for a more dramatic look for evening, though obviously you can use gel liner for the day too. My two favourite and easiest brushes for applying are this one:

https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/813/Products/Brushes/Eye/208-Angled-Brow-Brush/index.tmpl

And this one:

https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/812/Products/Brushes/Eye/209-Eye-Liner-Brush/index.tmpl

Thank you for the recommendations! I fell off the make up wagon years ago when I got very ill and am just stepping my feet back in tentatively in an effort to feel better when I look so rough from feeling rubbish (first tri symptoms, yay! :p). So just finding what I like etc with cheapies before going back in with the expensive!

My favourite foundation was estee lauder double wear max cover - I have severe dark circles under my eyes, a large red scar that only likes to appear at the worst times and general patchy skin... it was like a mask hahah but it covered it all!

I have a huge make up stash! My everyday staples are chanel perfection lumiere foundation, Dior diorshow mascara and MAC eyeshdow and eyeliner pencil. I also have lots of MAC lipsticks and glosses and my other lipsticks are Clarins and Estee Lauder. I use Dior liquid liner and also YSL touche eclat. I have LOADS of MAC eyeshadows! One of my very best friends and my daughter's godmother is a senior make up artist for MAC and I get to try out loads of things through her. She does online tutorials and writes columns for magazines etc. This is her https://metro.co.uk/2013/02/11/caro...-up-artist-is-not-a-nine-to-five-job-3400205/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->