Your makeup stash!

Fab thread :) I have a decent stash and I'm going to treat myself to some MAC this week but the one thing I can't find is a decent brow kit??!

I have very thin brows and my hair is almost black so I do a lot of filling in...can anyone reccomend a good kit?xx

This brow wiz is THE thing to do your eyebrows with at the moment, makeup artists all over have been raving about it. I haven't ordered it yet but you only have to google it to see just how many people think it's a god send for eyebrows all over: https://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/anastasia-beverly-hills-brow-wiz.html

I've been hearing and seeing a lot about these anastasia Beverly Hills stuff, apparently the contour kit is really good. Is there any stores in the uk that sell these products?

I've been hearing and seeing a lot about these anastasia Beverly Hills stuff, apparently the contour kit is really good. Is there any stores in the uk that sell these products?

Yes I am desperate for this palette, looks amazing. Seems like the powders are very fine so leaves a very natural contoured look and is easier to use and blend than contouring with liquids. That site I sent previously sell Anastasia products, not the contour kit yet though, keep an eye as I'm sure they will at some point soon

She's only selling them via her US based website at the moment, and they are all sold out! Dammit

The "before and after" photo for that contour kit makes me cringe.

Two completely different lighting setups, the "after" being higher than head height, stronger lighting thus producing shadows (most noticeable under her chin). That's honest :winkwink: :haha:

I know every company does it, it's just been a while since I've seen one so obvious!

Day to day I wear maybelline foundation (light porcelain), maybelline pressed powder (classic ivory), bourjois blusher (rose d'or), and a maybelline black mascara. I occasionally wear eye liner. If im going out I wear liquid liner. Thats about it haha.

Believe it or not I actually LOVE makeup, just not on myself. j like to keep it minimal, purely Because I look older with more makeup on and my eyes seem to look tired with concealers and eyeshadows on.

My dream job would be to work as a makeup artist for theatre/shows/tv/media etc. But I have no qualifications close to what's needed to even get onto a course (I don't want to train as a beauty therapist first) and I don't know what work is like!

I am useless with makeup, currently I have foundation, blusher cream and black eyeliner which i am still useless with.

What is a good basic kit to have?

1619434_10151869986285773_4010837_n.jpg
I must have found some mascara for this day!

I love the look of properly applied makeup when when I try I just look overdone

A good basic kit should really consist of:

Foundation
Concealer
Translucent powder - just sets your foundation and stops too much shine
Lip gloss - nice to wear in the evenings
Lipstick - even just one, something that brings out the natural colour of your lips, even a tinted lipstick is good
Powder/Cream blusher
Liquid or gel eyeliner
Powder eye-shadows - black, brown, frosted creamy colour (good for highlighting inner corner of eye, the lid, the brow bone) are the must haves. Good to also have neutral colours to apply day or night.
Mascara
Eye kohl

Can't believe I barely found this thread. I freaking LOVE makeup. Anyway, I'm not into product loyalty either, I'll try whatever sounds good, and rarely will I buy two of the same product

My staple items are Guerlain's Tenue de Perfection, Tarte's Amazonian clay in Blissful and Benefit's Boi-ing concealer. Anything else, I like to experiment. My favorite palette atm is the Naked 3. LOOOVEEEE playing with that one

oh yah, another product I adore is NYX's soft matte lip cream. I bought a backup of their shade "Stockholm," it's the prettiest pinky nude color I have. I wore that and Blissful on my wedding day. Love em :)

Hey I could use some make up advice I do love my make up but only just started getting more serious with it I really want to more contouring and make my face make up better. At the moment I just slap on foundation then pressed powderand blusher. Anyone no a good kit that isnt ridiculously expensive? ? And make up brushes too? I dont have lots to spend on make up but id love a good kit to do my foundation ect thanks :)

For good, reasonably priced, brushes I would go with 'Real Techniques'. I have a lot of love for their 'face' brushes. I'm not overly fond on their eye brushes etc but for foundation, contouring, concealer they're great.

ETA: Their 'starter kit' is a great start for eyes though.

Depending on what type of foundation you use will determine which brush to get. Their stippling brush, expert face brush and buffing brush are the 3 you need to look at. Then decide which is best for you. Amazon is cheaper than boots for these. I would buy their core collection kit (which contains the Buffer brush) and their Blush brush, which is great for learning to contour as it's a great shape.

Eye brushes are more important. I use MAC. 217 for blending eye shadows and 208 for lining the eye. They are more expensive but they last aslong as you look after them well. Don't buy from ebay as there are too many fakes about.

These are what I consider the most important brushes, almost anything else you can do with your hands until what you work out what you like.

For contouring kits, you can just use a matt bronzer and a highlighter, or you can get something like the 'Sleek contouring kit', which is cheap but effective.

Make up is only something that you become good at with practice. Brushes are important. You're better not using brushes at all if you're going to use a rubbish brush. They just make like much harder.

Yeah I have real techniques eye brushes, I think the brushes are kinda big but that might be just me lol. I have the starter kit, I think the delux crease brush is big or is that how big it should be?

My sister has there face brushes and likes them x

Real techniques foundation brush is amazing :thumbup:

Can anyone recommend a really good highly pigmented eyeshadows? I don't want something to expensive as I don't wear eyeshadows much! I'm going to a wedding on Thursday and want something that stands out x

Crown brushes are great for the price, you can order them online. Tbh I only really use more expensive makeup as I find it's far more pigmented and lasts so much longer. I couldn't really tell you which high street brands are good. Max factor do have a great eye kohl though, very pigmented, maybe their eyeshadows are too? I've heard some good things about Barry M products xx

I really like Dior foundation and bobby brown

I don't really wear much these day's though.am
Ways foundation, mascara and lipstick but that's about it unless I'm going out for dinner or drinks

I honestly don't have the time to do make up properly for day time these days, mornings are such a rush

My dream job would be to work as a makeup artist for theatre/shows/tv/media etc. But I have no qualifications close to what's needed to even get onto a course (I don't want to train as a beauty therapist first) and I don't know what work is like!

Here, you don't need any qualifications whatsoever for a level 1 course!

Can anyone recommend a really good highly pigmented eyeshadows? I don't want something to expensive as I don't wear eyeshadows much! I'm going to a wedding on Thursday and want something that stands out x

What sort of colours? For neutrals you could do this:

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123932023199_-1

Or I've heard good thigns about NYX eyeshadows, although haven't tried them myself:

https://www.nyxcosmeticsstore.co.uk/acatalog/LIP---Love-In-Paris.html

I... actually don't own any make up. At all.

I have very bad acne prone greasy skin. I wash my face and that's it. I imagine my face would be even worse with make up :( but I do love to look at make up whilst I'm out.

I have loads of bits but my main things are:
Clinique CC cream (i'm not a fan of foundation)
Clinique mascara
Benefit brow zings
Laura Gellar mineral face powder stuff

i have tons of nail varnishes and i used to love Barry M sparkly eyeshadows when i was younger and went out loads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->