• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AF due 2/21 Someone help me to NOT test early!!

FF, ovuview, and ovia.

Ovuview is the one that will probably get the axe... FF just does everything it does for me plus lets me stalk other charts, obviously, but ovia is on thin ice too. I like the interface, but some parts of it are just kind of condescendingly cheesy.

I've also fired Glow in the past - it just didn't update any changes quickly enough for me. Wasn't accurate at all to my cycle.

Back when I was just period tracking, I used the pink flower one and liked it, and messed around with a few Korean and Japanese trackers because they were cute.

I just like data.

Yeah my Period Tracker is the pink flower one, but I only ever used it to see when AF was due, never for anything else.
I like the interface of Ovia too but you're right, those little info snippets are very cringey sometimes!
Plus it tells me every month that creamy CM is a good sign heading towards AF date when I input that, and that my temp remaining high is a good sign etc.. I've learnt to overlook things like that now, because I have those things every cycle and it's never resulted in BFP - but it did used to give me false hope before I realised that those things are just 'normal' for me.

My AF is due this Sunday I think. I use the ff app and the period tracker app. Since I don't temp or OPK I use them as a loose guide as to when my fertile period and AF is due. Bfn this morning. That's ok still though.

I'm officially in the TWW. I am gonna test next weekend.

Yeah, we've done fertility testing, classes, and seen a handful of doctors. And spent thousands of $ on those tests. I have PCOS so they always wanted to put me on birth control pills and tell me to lose weight. Spending a lot of money (money we didn't really have anyway) to make a baby hasn't been an option due to the fact that we raised my niece from one week old to 9 years old (any extra money went to her, our pride and joy). My sister decided she wanted her back last year, I also had a miscarriage around that time, my cat of 12 years died, and had (still on-going) major issues with family. The hardest part was losing my niece, and having to pack her things up as the months went by, and eventually clearing out her room. I have no contact with her at all, so it's basically like she died and we really consider her our daughter.

2014 was the worst year of my life so at the end of the year I decided I was either going to die or change my life. I started doing massive research into PCOS, eating healthy, working out, taking supplements, going to church and working on my spiritual health, and tracking my cycles which finally regulated after years of only a few periods a year.

That's the extremely condensed version, there's a lot of stuff that went down last year especially in my family. I was basically thrown under the bus by my sister so she could have the ideal family she wanted with her new VERY abusive man. I'll still be here for my sister and of course my niece when my sister decides she's had enough abuse from her new husband. I tried everything to save her, and instead of admitting the truth to the rest of the family she said I was crazy and made it up plus a lot more, so I've lost my entire family. It's fine because if people are going to abandon you when they think you're at your worst or most in need then you definitely don't need those kind of people on your life.
Just a little background on my dysfunctional mom- she kicked out all 4 of her children as teenagers. I was 14 when it happened to me, so I jumped from home to home, living with friends all through the rest of my school years til I graduated. I had met my husband my senior year of high school so we moved in together right at 18.

I had a very hard life before I met my husband, and I do believe my weight gain was because of repressed anger and depression from that. The weight gain activated my PCOS and hormonal imbalance, essentially rendering me infertile. I think losing so much last year made me realize that I have the power to help myself and move forward, to not allow myself to wallow in my misery. I've lost a lot of weight and shed a lot of my sadness too.

Sorry to share so much when my history wasn't asked about, but to everyone it must seem weird that I'm complaining about 9 years of infertility when I should've had a baby by now with the medical treatments we have available today. My story is a bit more complicated. Now we're approaching TTC with more vigor and knowledge than ever before.

Currently we're waiting for new insurance to start April 1st, (my husband switched jobs) and plan on going in to get iui or whatever is recommended now that I'm at a healthier weight and ovulating on my own.

I'm super excited for what the future will bring. I know we'll have our babies eventually :)

:hugs::hugs: That sounds like a very rough time. :cry: You are such a strong person to have chosen to work on your happiness instead of dropping into darkness. I can't even imagine what is would be like to lose a child that I've raised. It is so hard for me to condense into words what I would like to say, but I hope you know that you are lovely and it takes a very special person to do what you have done. I wish I could just pop right through the computer and hug you. If anyone deserves a rainbow :baby: its you.

Got AF this morning. So I know I ovulated CD 7 like originally suspected because today makes more sense as 13 dpo, giving me a 12 day luteal phase. FF was saying I ovulated CD 8 and that today was 12 dpo, making my luteal phase only 11 days long. My cervical position and fluid match with my guess better. Ugh alright body, come on let's make an April baby, please!

So sorry AF got you VBA. It's good that you were able to know your cycle better than FF though, very intuitive!

You're an amazing person based on your previous post and you really deserve to get your BFP soon! :) x

Thanks Memma. Now I get to live vicariously through you ladies who are testing. I really hope at least one of you get a BFP this cycle!

Aww, nuts. I had my fingers crossed for you too, apple.

I'm a little concerned about my post-o temps. I have been bouncing up and down like a tennis ball. Most of my open circles are from marking sleep deprived and having insomnia during the night rather than taking my temp at different times, but I still don't think they should be bouncing around so dramatically. Every day is a difference of like .6 degrees (Fahrenheit). I'm just not feeling as positive (heh, pun) as I did before. I am going to take an early test tomorrow, but I think that and the 25th are going to be it for me on the POAS frenzy this go round.

Your temps do look a bit wacky. I hope you get a :bfp: despite weird temps. Got another positive opk today after a positive on wed and a negative on thursday. I have no idea what is going on so I am just gonna keep saying I'm in the tww and keep on with the :sex:

Thanks AJ. Have you tried temping vaginally? It's a much more consistent, reliable temp in my experience. March 1st cycle was when I started v-temps.

Tankel, I get pos opks often in the tww, I know how you feel!

Vba what a struggle! I agree though, impressive for you to have come from such a dark place and choose to surround yourself with knowledge and love and move forward in such a positive way. You go girl! I can even imagine raising a child only to have it taken away. My heart goes to you. You will get your baby!! Best of luck next cycle or when hubby's insurance kicks in.

AF due tomorrow for me. Still bfn

Thanks sweetie. I'm rooting for you too :). We always have the next cycle to try again.

So I just took an IC test with FMU... What does it mean...?! :huh::shock:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 6
Am I though..?! I don't believe it because it's an IC..! And I was so convinced I haven't ovulated this cycle!

I'll believe it if I see it on a proper test... :-/

I guess I am then....!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member