African or African-Americans TTC

^We're gonna feel lonely if so many of you migrate, ya'll would still have to check in here VERY often.

MrsK I'm from Alexandria but I live in Hampton now. My 1st tri started flying by when I got to about 7 wks...even with me being on bed rest for the past 2 wks. I'm kinda glad that it has because my nausea is horrible...in plus, I'm ready to go to see my midwife again in 2wks and get the ok to be active again.

I think it would be a great idea to start a BFP thread...I don't want to intrude on the ladies who are still TTC..

Ok so its a yes for purple kisses.

Aj: Yes we would definitely be checking in. Not sure if I will yet, just want to get the opinions of others. I want to make sure everyone is comfortable.:hugs:

Hey ladies...hope everyone is well. I had a great weekend. My mom came in from out of town and we had the best weekend. She really gets along with OH and he always makes her feel so welcome. We were up until after 2am just talking and laughing. OH even stays up with us. He's the best and my mom just loves him. How was your weekend with your mom Mrskc? She must be overjoyed for you and your hubby :)

Von: Don't speak too soon. How much you want to bet in the next week or so you end up popping and looking 5 months pregnant?! LOL.

Hi Ladies add me to the circle, I am from Detroit, Mi, currently residing in Southfield Mi, having some issues here....and hoping for my :bfp: real soon! I am currently on Maca ROOT hopefully that helps me, I am losing faith...And these boards truly do give me inspiration/hope. I am hoping for a 2011 baby!!!

:help:

Welcome Catwoman! You should join the Maca thread too.

Thanks Ladies for the warm welcome..Do you have the link for Maca? I need to seriously hear some success stories... I am really pushing for a 2011 :wohoo: :baby:

:kiss:

Here's the link: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/276315-calling-all-ladies-taking-maca-were-beginning-collect-those-bfps.html

O-kay! I guess my idea of being part of a thread was kinda different. I thought it would be a means to share with other women of colour, regardless of where they are in this ttc journey. So suddenly having a new spin off thread and people migrating and "checking in" sure as heck isn't what I had in mind when I joined this thread. I think I speak for the others ttc that even though we might not be able to relate with some of your experiences, we've still felt bonded on this thread and do share in your happiness. Suddenly now forming some kind of "exclusivity" is very hurtful and if you were to put yourselves in our shoes, I'm sure you'd also be hurt if some members decide to up and leave and form their own thread.

But then again, I probably am the only one feeling this way. It already appears like there are more in favour than not. Wish all of you all the best. I guess the rest of us will just have to manage on our own. What I do know is when I do get my bfp, I sure as heck won't up and leave this thread.

I agree Isi, it should be for women of color wherever they are in their journey so you speak for the both of us.

Welcome catwoman! I am so glad that you have decided to join us and if I can help in anyway, please let me know. I TTC'd for 15 months, so I know what you are when you say "losing hope":hugs:. I also have several girlfriends and sorors that live in Detroit/Southfield area. I go there quite often because Im originally from Chicago.

@Isi/AJthomas: Ok let me start by saying that I do not intend to leave this thread, heck I started it. Someone made the indication that they kinda felt out of place and I addressed it because I do not want anyone to feel out of place. We talk about pregnancy things and we talk about TTC things but I know for somepeople, the talk of pregnancy and they havent received theirs yet can be sad or disheartening. There are more people for keeping this thread as opposed to a crossover thread. Now when I was TTCing it was fine for me either way, because I love to celebrate others triumphs. So yes this thread will still stand and I do not and Im sure others do not plan on leaving anytime soon. Hopefully this is taken in love, because I dont know any other way of saying this.:hugs:

@Kareen: Yes we are having a great time. My mom and grandma are here until friday. We have been shopping and talking and watching TV. My parents absolutely love my husband. He calls them mom and dad and says that he has a great set of in-laws. Its a blessing when the family takes in your DH as their own because I hear of horror stories and not sure I could marry a man, my parents didnt love and approve of. My hubby is such a provider and hardworker and I just thank God for him.

Hope everyone is doing well on this wonderful day that He has blessed us with.:happydance:

^I understand what you're saying and you have a point, i know it can be very frustrating when you've been trying a while and everyone else seems to be getting a BFP but you, personally i'm not at that place yet and i love hearing the experiences and updates of all of you cause it helps me prepare for when my turn comes but i understand how it could make someone feel bad so whatever you think is best.

^I understand what you're saying and you have a point, i know it can be very frustrating when you've been trying a while and everyone else seems to be getting a BFP but you, personally i'm not at that place yet and i love hearing the experiences and updates of all of you cause it helps me prepare for when my turn comes but i understand how it could make someone feel bad so whatever you think is best.

By the way your chart looks great! Much better than last month. Hopefully this is it for you. I love stalking charts. I still look at mines daily, still in a lot of disbelief lol:haha:

^Lol, thanks. I look at yours a lot too! Check to see how close mine looks to it.:winkwink:

Hey ladies...hope everyone is well. I had a great weekend. My mom came in from out of town and we had the best weekend. She really gets along with OH and he always makes her feel so welcome. We were up until after 2am just talking and laughing. OH even stays up with us. He's the best and my mom just loves him. How was your weekend with your mom Mrskc? She must be overjoyed for you and your hubby :)

Von: Don't speak too soon. How much you want to bet in the next week or so you end up popping and looking 5 months pregnant?! LOL.

LOL! You're right, I probably just put my foot in my mouth. I guess I just want to FEEL pregnant. My symptoms have really tapered down lately.

Hi Ladies add me to the circle, I am from Detroit, Mi, currently residing in Southfield Mi, having some issues here....and hoping for my :bfp: real soon! I am currently on Maca ROOT hopefully that helps me, I am losing faith...And these boards truly do give me inspiration/hope. I am hoping for a 2011 baby!!!

:help:

Welcome! I live in Michigan, and work in Detroit. Don't lose faith, I know it's hard, but your blessing is soon to come!

i live in the Uk and has been TTc for 5 yrs. On metformin at the moment and hoping for a miracle from God.

Welcome Mama!!!! There have been some miracles occurring here in this forum so you have come to the right place.

Mrskc: Glad to hear you're having a great time with mama and gmama. Family is great. I'm very close with mine.

Von: I have actually been feeling a lot better lately. Still get some occassional nausea but if I eat regularly it seems to be ok. Possibly b/c I'm getting farther along in the pregnancy maybe things are settling down a bit. I know this little one is growing as my belly is quite high and big.

Aj & Isi: Please don't be offended by the "new thread suggestion". If everyone is comfortable with how things are then so be it. Like the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We just want everyone to feel welcome and appreciated. That's why it was just a suggestion. Nothing is set in stone. We get everyone's opinions and move from there. Either way I want to be able to continue to "speak" to everyone here in this forum :)

^I wasn't offended at all, perish the thought. I just think its cool to have a thread with people at various stages so people like me know what to expect when my turn comes along, i've learned so much here that pregnant ladies i know IRL dont talk about at all, i dont want that to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->