African or African-Americans TTC

The_key, i'm not sure when i'm testing, probably on Sunday if excitement doesn't get the better of me first but at this point i feel like i'll just be testing to CONFIRM that i'm pregnant, not to tell me cause right now i'm pretty sure that i am with all the symptoms and high temps i'm seeing. You ladies will definitely be the first to know when i confirm the good news.

Catwoman, that's the best thing you can do in my opinion. Do the best you can and trust God to do the rest. God respects true faith and He says if you say something and DO NOT DOUBT that what you say WILL happen, then He will do it because He cannot disappoint true faith. So leave it to Him, i will definitely be praying for you.

the_key,

Yeah, Jay was about 18 months when I had it done. They actually found abnormal cells at my 6wk check up after he was born and they never went away. I'm trying so hard to take it easy but OH takes forever to get stuff done sometimes. In plus, he's not here all of the time either. I'm not very familiar with subchorionic hematomas but I did some internet searching and I'm wishing you the best! Please make sure to take it easy.:hugs: Are you on bedrest for the rest of your pregnancy? I go for cervical testing on Aug 16th so I'm hoping that they'll tell me that my cervix is competent enough for me to at least exercise a little. I've had so much water retention in the past weeks from being inactive. :(

AJ~ I'm so excited for you! :)

@catwoman: Yes get on your knees and pray and leave the rest to God. I think that is your best choice. God has the final say and in His perfect timing, you will get your baby. I think we tend to forget that "perfect timing" part but now that I got my BFP, I see what he means. For example, His timing was perfect for this baby because I deliver around Feb 18 and Ill take 12 weeks off. Well being a teacher that means school will be over by the time I go back to work. So then Ill have three months in summer for a total of 6 months with the baby! Now thats definitely perfect timing, LOL!:haha: Im praying for you:hugs:!

@Purplekisses and The_key: Please take it easy. Both of your situations are so delicate.:hugs: Im praying hard for you all.

@AJ: Girl that chart is da bomb:happydance:. I truly hope that it is a BFP chart. Ive been stalking it daily.

@hopeful/kareen/tickeledpink: Hope yall doing well:thumbup:

Hey all! Just stopping by to say 'hi'!!! Just a quick question for you guys...how long do you all get for maternity leave? Will you be taking the whole time off or going back to work earlier? We get 1 year here in Ontario but that's at 55% of your pay. Kind of hard when you still have 100% of your bills! LOL. I will still most likely take the full year. Plus, it makes it a bit cheaper for daycare once the child is 1 year instead of a few months. I'm blessed because the daycare that my boys went to is great. My eldest son is almost 11 and he had been at the daycare since he was 2 so I know the workers well and would have no issues leaving this baby there.

Hey all! Just stopping by to say 'hi'!!! Just a quick question for you guys...how long do you all get for maternity leave? Will you be taking the whole time off or going back to work earlier? We get 1 year here in Ontario but that's at 55% of your pay. Kind of hard when you still have 100% of your bills! LOL. I will still most likely take the full year. Plus, it makes it a bit cheaper for daycare once the child is 1 year instead of a few months. I'm blessed because the daycare that my boys went to is great. My eldest son is almost 11 and he had been at the daycare since he was 2 so I know the workers well and would have no issues leaving this baby there.

Gurl you are blessed in Canada! We get 12 weeks with 6 weeks paid. Luckily I have disability so Ill get paid 65% of my pay those last 6 weeks. Also Im a teacher so I get the summer off, so Ill have approximately 6 months off with the baby. Then back to work I go in August. I dont know how we are going to fit daycare into this already tight budget. We are strategizing now. DH is going to have to get a second job, his first one just aint going to cut it.:shrug:

Hi girls, here in the UK the Statutory Maternity Leave is for 52 weeks. I intead to take all of this, only 39wks of this is paid, but with my employer's maternity pay scheme even though not great, am hoping we will get by. It will be a little difficult and we are saving hard for next year but like Karen says it will be cheaper for childcare once bab is over a year old.
Purplekiss am on bed rest for 2wks only they are hoping the bleeding would have cleared by then and hopefully the hematoma would have reduced in size.
AJ am so excited for you, what are your symptoms? Bet DH is over the moon :)

Hi girls, here in the UK the Statutory Maternity Leave is for 52 weeks. I intead to take all of this, only 39wks of this is paid, but with my employer's maternity pay scheme even though not great, am hoping we will get by. It will be a little difficult and we are saving hard for next year but like Karen says it will be cheaper for childcare once bab is over a year old.
Purplekiss am on bed rest for 2wks only they are hoping the bleeding would have cleared by then and hopefully the hematoma would have reduced in size.
AJ am so excited for you, what are your symptoms? Bet DH is over the moon :)

Gurl you blessed too! The US sucks when it comes to maternity leave:nope:

Gurl you blessed too! The US sucks when it comes to maternity leave:nope:

gosh girl am sitting here in shock, its unbelievable. Childcare here is crazy, am hoping mum will come spend 6months with us after I go back to work but she lives all the way in Australia. My MIL passed some time ago (God rest her soul) which only leaves my FIL so we have no choice but to put bab into fulltime daycare and that can cost anywhere from £500 - £700 ($750 - $1050) per month or more depending on your location. Mad isnt it? It almost makes sense for one of us to just stay home.

the_key i have tried not to say to much to DH until i know something for sure cause i dont want to get his hopes up and then disappoint him but he is all excited already, keeps rubbing and kissing my tummy.:flower:

As for symptoms, i'm peeing more, crazy tired all the time, and the bloating is just crazy!

Ya know Aj, it's crazy because some men just know. I know when I told OH, he was like "I already knew."...he said that he just had a feeling but didn't really pay attention to it because the doc had told him that the chances of him having kids were slim to none.

Catwoman, I agree wholeheartedly with MrsK. The Most High has perfect timing. It's just like how I got my BFP in April and I'm due in January. This fall, I'm going into my last year of college and will be taking about 21 credit hrs to finish up my degrees in May. 21 credits is a lot by itself, but it would be impossible with a 4 yr old and newborn. My professors are very understanding so I know I'll be ok. Since baby is due Jan 3rd, I'll have a good week before I go back to school and I only have 7 credits in the spring semester so I'm barely going to be away from home anyway. I also spent the worse part of my pg at home. I don't think I would've survived my 1st tri if I had class, homework, labs, etc. Now, I can stay home until next July or so before I start my career instead of having to worry about maternity leave and such. It's not the perfect plan, but I'm excited about it. OH is starting a new job so our finances will be ok...and my mom is more than willing to watch the kids when I need "me time". I never ceased to be amazed, God knows how to tailor make our blessings if you just trust in Him. :)

I'm trying my best not to get too excited just in case ya know but he's all excited already. Just keeping my spirit high and keeping hopeful.

THank you Ladies....I hope my perfect timing is soon. I closed on my home last year I am just ready ladies I am just ready........

Hi girls, I would hate to think I was making anyone uncomfortable about talking about my pregnancy, am actually glad we are discussing this. I would hate for the group to split. We started off together and should continue to support each other.
Purplekiss do you mind me asking why you was assigned bed rest? I was diagnosed with a subchronic hematoma at the start of this pregnancy and have been bleeding on and off through out this pregnancy. Yesterday I had a massive bleed and ended up in A&E (emergency). Baby is doing fine thank goodness but I have been signed off work and given strick instructions to take it easy and complete bed rest for two weeks. So ladies you will start to see more of me on here now :). Will be praying for all our TTCers and also for healthy 9mths to the rest of us. :hugs:

Oh my god that is so scary,hope the worst is over,but am glad that you and baby are fine,and dont you go moving about the place now,stay and rest up

morning ladies...how is everyone doing? i had a horrible night. in so much pain where my legs meet my body. (don't know what you call that part LOL ) but it hurts so much, i can barely walk and to turn over in my sleep is so painful. i have to actually sit up (which is no small feat) then turn over and lay back down. i know it's the ligaments stretching but good gosh!...it hurts so bad.

aj: how's it going? how are you feeling? i hope there is some good news for this week! ;-)

^Still hanging in there, tested yesterday evening and it was bfn but i had drank quite a bit of stuff and i know the morning is the best time to test but i'm waiting a few more days to test again. My temps are still pretty high, bbs are sore, peeing quite a bit more, there's a lot of creamy CM which is VERY unusual for me at this stage of my cycle and there is no sign of AF, no cramping, spotting or anything so i'm still pretty optimistic. I cant remember the last time AF was this late so even if i'm not pregnant, something is definitely off.

Karen am having the same thing, funny thing is it only at it worst at night and when I get up in the morning then it seems to go away during the day. I barely slept last night cos I was in pain so I spent most of today napping with no hip joint pain. My midwife is coming over tomorrow for my 16wk appointment will be sure to ask her then about it and let you know what she says. One of my cyber cycle sisters says she experienced this with both her pregnancies and had to go for physio.
AJ you symptoms are sounding great, what sort of tests are you using? some arent as sensitive as others so may need more time to show up a bfp.

^i dont remember the name of the test right now, i want a FRER but haven't been able to get one yet. Ah well, as long as AF hasn't showed up there's time so i'm not worried about it, just waiting for the hcg level to go up. As i said, i know too that evening time isn't the best time to test and all my tests so far have been in the evening so i'll definitely do the next one with FMU.

the_key, are you just using a midwife or do you have a doctor too? When i'm preggers i want to have a home birth with a midwife but i'm wondering if i'll need a doctor for checkups and stuff and then the midwife would just deal with the delivery, or can she do all the checkups too?

Fingers crossed for you AJ!!

Kareen and the_key, I'm getting the same type of pains. It's quite uncomfortable at times. I sit at work most of the day and I feel so sore by the time I get home.

Purplekisses, how wonderful that everything worked out for you!

I hope everyone is doing well. I bought a doppler and I am so in love with it. I was able to find little one's heartbeat so easily, it's really comforting

oohh Sincervon how exciting, there's an old wives tale that says HB over 140 then its a girl, exciting isnt it.
AJ here in the UK everyone is assigned a midwife who will deal with all things pregnancy related through out your pregnancy, birth and a month or so afterwards also. You only get to see a consultant when there are complications and most cases you are refered by your midwife. As I have had some complications I have seen a number of consultants, but my midwife remains the same through out, which is great because you build report and trust and at the birth there is a familiar face to support you through labour etc.

hey von: what kind of doppler did you get? what's the name of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->