African or African-Americans TTC

Hi ladies,

I definitely would have felt bad if there was a need to create a new group. But I do understand how / why the suggestion came about. Even though everything on here is said and done with love you have to be conscious you are not inadvertently hurting or upsetting anyone....this technically is a TTC thread.

Isi the support and joy you have shown to others in just the time I've been here is truly amazing, I don't think any of the ladies who know you would simply just abandon you like that.

I'm not much of an expert on TTC or even pregnancy for that matter so I chime in now and then but those that are (e.g. MrsKC) def do talk about both and share their knowledge.

I for one stopped seeing this thread as a TTC thread a long time ago and more as a sisterhood where we can all talk about whatever it is we are going through, while of course being sensitive to others :flower:

Hi all,I am under stand what Isi and AJ were saying when the thread started it was about us all TTC and as time went by some members got their BFP and we are all glad but its now BFP more and TTC a few and all is good and well with seeing how everyone is doin in their PG but to think that we would like you all to go off and create your very own little PG thread is depressing please stay and let us continue as it was before if you have a PG journal place it in your siggys so we can send our well wishes for you still and others can talk of morning sickness and such,but dont feel like you have to create a new thread because of us,yes we feel down to hear about you all waiting on bumps and not being able to add or 2 cents worth but WE STILL LOVE YOU REGARDLESS

P.S .Some of us have TTC journals,you might want to take a look and support us,we can use some more friends

Hey Ladies! I have been ttc#1 for 18+ months, and I live in Marietta, GA.

Congrats to all the ladies who already got their BFPs, and the rest of us who are still waiting, our MIRACLE is on the way!

Congrats to all the ladies who already got their BFPs, and the rest of us who are still waiting, our MIRACLE is on the way!

Hey:hi:, how are you? So glad you are here. Feel free to join in at anytime. Yes! Your miracle is on the way. I was TTC for 15 months. Praying for you! Where are you at in your cycle now?:hugs:

I know I'm not goin no where and here to support all the ladies! Now who has a 2ww coming up or goin through it? Anybody due to test?

I'm due to test! Was gonna try and wait until Sunday but i dont think i'll make it, lol. I was nervous and i had some light spotting and i got all depressed that AF was coming but i went and wrestled it out with God and left it with him, then i went and had a shower and there was no sign of any spotting whatsoever!! So i am giving thanks and VERY hopeful this is it for me!

I'm due to test! Was gonna try and wait until Sunday but i dont think i'll make it, lol. I was nervous and i had some light spotting and i got all depressed that AF was coming but i went and wrestled it out with God and left it with him, then i went and had a shower and there was no sign of any spotting whatsoever!! So i am giving thanks and VERY hopeful this is it for me!

I had spotting at your stage AJ! I got so down because I thought it was AF coming to get me, but I ended up getting my BFP!!!! I hope this is it for you. :flower:

morning ladies!!!! we had an earthquake yesterday. the epicenter was about 61 miles north of ottawa but we felt it even here in markham.(markham is a suburb just north of toronto). i was at work in my office and when things started shaking i thought it was just some pregnancy dizziness LOL, until i heard a bunch of people around asking "...did u feel that?!..." was crazy! anyways, no major damage, nobody seriously hurt. was kind of scary though. anyways.....back to business...LOL...

@ hopeful...welcome, you have come to the right place! :)

@ tickled: 32 weeks already?! wow, time flies. you must be super excited :)

@ aj: fingers, toes, legs...everything crossed for you girl. ;-)

hope everyone has great day. chat soon...

Hi girls, I would hate to think I was making anyone uncomfortable about talking about my pregnancy, am actually glad we are discussing this. I would hate for the group to split. We started off together and should continue to support each other.
Purplekiss do you mind me asking why you was assigned bed rest? I was diagnosed with a subchronic hematoma at the start of this pregnancy and have been bleeding on and off through out this pregnancy. Yesterday I had a massive bleed and ended up in A&E (emergency). Baby is doing fine thank goodness but I have been signed off work and given strick instructions to take it easy and complete bed rest for two weeks. So ladies you will start to see more of me on here now :). Will be praying for all our TTCers and also for healthy 9mths to the rest of us. :hugs:

^Glad to know that everything is fine with the baby and you got some holiday out of it!:haha:

AFM, i took a test this morning and it was BFN but i'm not discouraged, i am holding on to God cause i know if yesterday was implantation today is probably too early for the test to pick up enough hcg so i'm just waiting a few more days to see what happens.

Hi ladies.
I'm just stopping in. Wow, so
Much has changed. First,Congrats to All the bps!! Mrskc, your story is an inspiration to all ladies. I am so happy for u and your hubby.

To all those in the 2ww and still ttc, keep faith. Your lo will come.

My pregnancy is going ok, but lately it seems as if things have been happening. I'll have to write more later. I'm typing this on my phone. Just wanted to say hi. Even though I may not check in everyday, you ladies are in my thoughts.

Ps: I like keeping one thread.

@AJ-I started testing from 10dpo and was getting BFN's then got my BFP at 12dpo. So if God willing, we are goin to douse you in some baby dust and keep fx'd

@kareen- I'm so ready for this to be over. This little is whoopin my behind lol I see you are in 2nd tri now. Congrats!

@the key- please please please get all the rest. I mean dont get up unless it's to use the bathroom or eat. Don't make me send you a magazine subscription :haha:

Tickledpink, girl you too funny, I laughed so hard you nearly gave me a stitch lol, about a magazine subscription lol.
AJ hun dont give up yet, sending you loads of :dust:. Rai nice to hear from you, I hope all the things that have been going on arent all bad.

^I'm not giving up at all, i leave it all to God, this is actually the calmest i've been since the 2ww started.:haha: temps are still up so i'm feeling good.

the_key: Im glad all is well. I would be scared to death to move.:wacko: Im glad the baby is ok too.

@aj: I got bfp at 11dpo but I thought I was 13dpo because chart had wrong O day. So praying for your BFP!

I make 6 weeks tomorrow and Im so happy:happydance:. Im thanking God for every little milestone. I have my heartbeat scan next weds at 6w5d:happydance:

Hey:hi:, how are you? So glad you are here. Feel free to join in at anytime. Yes! Your miracle is on the way. I was TTC for 15 months. Praying for you! Where are you at in your cycle now?:hugs:

Thanks dear! I'm doing well and you? congrats again on you bfp!
i have PCOS and My RE wants me to be on Actoplusmet (Actos and Metformin) alone for 3 months before he will add clomid for to it. I have been on it for 2 months now and it hasn't really regulated my cycle, so I'm going in for my follow-up next month and to get clomid added to my regimen.
I tried clomid alone for 4 cycles last year with my ObGyn but didn't work for me, so when I got referred to the RE, he said it will be better to sort out the hormones first with Actoplusmet before trying clomid again.

Thanks Kareen..I can totally understand where you are coming from Buttercup I have been in other threads, where the majority of the ladies that get the BFP suddenly stop posting as much! I love the ones that stick around stories are very inspiring.... I am sending Blessings and Love to everyone!!!:hugs:

Hi girls, I would hate to think I was making anyone uncomfortable about talking about my pregnancy, am actually glad we are discussing this. I would hate for the group to split. We started off together and should continue to support each other.
Purplekiss do you mind me asking why you was assigned bed rest? I was diagnosed with a subchronic hematoma at the start of this pregnancy and have been bleeding on and off through out this pregnancy. Yesterday I had a massive bleed and ended up in A&E (emergency). Baby is doing fine thank goodness but I have been signed off work and given strick instructions to take it easy and complete bed rest for two weeks. So ladies you will start to see more of me on here now :). Will be praying for all our TTCers and also for healthy 9mths to the rest of us. :hugs:

Hey the_key,

When I went for my midwife appt a couple weeks ago, she noticed that my cervix looked "a little strange". I had a LEEP done a couple years ago and she said that she was worried about my cervix and that with a lot of activity, it may start to dilate way too early. I had to go back a week later to get my labs done and I was having cramping and moderate spotting so she put me on bed rest until I could get booked in at the hospital for an ultrasound to make sure my cervix isn't shortening (?). Anyway, today I woke up and was cramping a lot and was spotting heavier than usual with some clots, so I went to the ER. The doctor took one look at my cervix and said he was also concerned. He did a swab to test me for any infections and the slightest touch from the swab made my cervix bleed. When he swabbed my cervix, he said it looked like I had been cut. Apparently, part of my cervix (where the LEEP was performed) didn't heal properly and is eroded and the increase of blood flow down there just made things worse.

Any considerable amount of walking or activity can cause me to bleed and/or cramp so my MW just wants to make sure I don't over do it so she put me on bed rest and pelvic rest. She told me that I didn't have to be on complete bed rest, but I need to really limit my activity (not like I'm really active now anyway). Apparently, my bleeding and cramping was caused by the grocery shopping and errand runs I did yesterday (go figure :dohh:)...

awww purplekiss, am so sorry to hear about all you been through. Please take it easy. Was the LEEP done after jay was born? I am familiar with what a LEEP is as my mother had one a few years ago. Gosh am only on day two of my bed rest and already i know how diffficult it is to just stay in bed when you know there is so much to do. The hoovering is way overdue but with the football on i know DH wont get round to it till we are knee deep in dust *sigh*
AJ hun when you testing again?
awww catwoman thank you for the blessings, wihing you the same also :hugs:. I plan to stick around for as long as possible :)

Welcome catwoman! I am so glad that you have decided to join us and if I can help in anyway, please let me know. I TTC'd for 15 months, so I know what you are when you say "losing hope":hugs:. I also have several girlfriends and sorors that live in Detroit/Southfield area. I go there quite often because Im originally from Chicago.

@Isi/AJthomas: Ok let me start by saying that I do not intend to leave this thread, heck I started it. Someone made the indication that they kinda felt out of place and I addressed it because I do not want anyone to feel out of place. We talk about pregnancy things and we talk about TTC things but I know for somepeople, the talk of pregnancy and they havent received theirs yet can be sad or disheartening. There are more people for keeping this thread as opposed to a crossover thread. Now when I was TTCing it was fine for me either way, because I love to celebrate others triumphs. So yes this thread will still stand and I do not and Im sure others do not plan on leaving anytime soon. Hopefully this is taken in love, because I dont know any other way of saying this.:hugs:

@Kareen: Yes we are having a great time. My mom and grandma are here until friday. We have been shopping and talking and watching TV. My parents absolutely love my husband. He calls them mom and dad and says that he has a great set of in-laws. Its a blessing when the family takes in your DH as their own because I hear of horror stories and not sure I could marry a man, my parents didnt love and approve of. My hubby is such a provider and hardworker and I just thank God for him.

Hope everyone is doing well on this wonderful day that He has blessed us with.:happydance:

Thank you for the warm welcome! That is good to know, I travel to Chicago often.... Hey ladies I think I am just gonna drop to my news and pray hard! I am really getting discouraged....I was told my 5th house was empty:growlmad: Maybe its time to leave it to God and go to him, and leave the whole psychic/astrology predictions alone:shrug:

In any event I am praying for all of you ladies!!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->