African or African-Americans TTC

Hey ladies!

@AJ: I hope this is it for you. When I tested it was afternoon wee, but I do hear FMU is the best.:hugs:

@sincerevon: I would love to get a doppler but DH says no. He is afraid that one time I may not be able to find the heartbeat and get freaked out.:shrug: He is surely right, I would. Im glad that you can find your babys heart beat so easily. What a blessing. I go weds to hear my babies heartbeat for the first time. Wish me luck, so nervous.:hugs:

I hope everyone is doing well.:hugs:

Hey all stopping by to say hi,been busy with work and all,glad to see that everyone is ok and on schedule,and for those who are TTC good luck

hey von: what kind of doppler did you get? what's the name of it?

The name of my doppler is: Sonoline B 3MHz Baby Fetal Heart Prenatal Doppler with display

I ordered it off of Amazon.com, I'm VERY pleased with it. It's so easy to use. If you buy a doppler, make sure to buy the ultrasound gel too, it makes everything much more clear. I've tried without the gel but only hear static.

Hey ladies!

@AJ: I hope this is it for you. When I tested it was afternoon wee, but I do hear FMU is the best.:hugs:

@sincerevon: I would love to get a doppler but DH says no. He is afraid that one time I may not be able to find the heartbeat and get freaked out.:shrug: He is surely right, I would. Im glad that you can find your babys heart beat so easily. What a blessing. I go weds to hear my babies heartbeat for the first time. Wish me luck, so nervous.:hugs:

I hope everyone is doing well.:hugs:

My DH said no as well, but I ordered it anyways. I'm bad! LOL! Now he's completely happy with it. I was concerned that I wouldn't find the heartbeat as well, but I was freaking out about every little thing already, that it just made sense to me to buy it. I'm so excited for your appointment on Wednesday! Please be sure to keep us posted, I keep you in my prayers all the time!

oohh Sincervon how exciting, there's an old wives tale that says HB over 140 then its a girl, exciting isnt it.
AJ here in the UK everyone is assigned a midwife who will deal with all things pregnancy related through out your pregnancy, birth and a month or so afterwards also. You only get to see a consultant when there are complications and most cases you are refered by your midwife. As I have had some complications I have seen a number of consultants, but my midwife remains the same through out, which is great because you build report and trust and at the birth there is a familiar face to support you through labour etc.

It is exciting! I'm so anxious to find out if we're on team pink or blue so I can start shopping!!

Hey ladies! Just stopping by to say a quick hi. Good luck tomorrow Mrskc. Hearing the heartbeat is great and so reassuring. Thanks Von for the info. I will definitely check out the doppler. Still praying for you AJ and all the other ladies on here waiting on that BFP. Hey to everyone else. Have a great day!

Well AF got me this morning:cry: pretty discouraged and confused right now but i have to just move forward.

Hello ladies.... Just stopping by to say Hi...:flower: Hope all is well with everyone... Congrats to all who got there :bfp: and still praying for those who's ttc'ing... I always stop by to check on you ladies... but i don't post anything... Take Care...:hugs:

Aj: I'm so sorry. We need to get back up on the prayer wagon and press on towards another month. You don't worry, we are all here for you girl.

I'm sorry to hear AF got you AJ! Sending out extra prayers that next month is your month! :hugs:

@AJ: Sorry that AF got you! We will continue to root for you! I know how hard it is, so dont give up. Praying for you!:hugs:

@sincerevon: Thanks. Guess Ill live vicariously through you and your doppler. I wont be getting one but Im sure it does ease your mind a lot.:hugs:

As for me, my preggo symptoms really seem to kick up at night. During the day Im fine, but at night I get nausea, heartburn and sleeplessness and sore bb's!:shrug: Are you all still having any symptoms?

Hope everyone is well.:hugs:

I'm having symptoms right now! LOL. I have constant nausea, headaches, can't sleep at night as I'm so darn hot, then I have to pee constantly, literally 4 times a night I and can't even roll over when I'm uncomfortable b/c it hurts just to do so. My bbs hurt, my hips hurt, my sciatica is killing me. (had that really bad with my second son), I'm so tired. LOL....But I love it. Constant reminder of how amazing the human body is and what it has to go through to grow a baby. The ends justify the means girl!

heeeey ladies.

@AJ-boooo that AF. That's okay. I got more time to douse you down in some baby dust! :hugs: Don't get discouraged. We are here praying and supporting you.
@the key-I hope you are getting plenty of rest and takin care of that baby

Who is lined up next to test?

I have a sonotrax but it was a bit pricey. Angelsounds is just as good and I think some stores carry it at about $20

heeeey ladies.

@AJ-boooo that AF. That's okay. I got more time to douse you down in some baby dust! :hugs: Don't get discouraged. We are here praying and supporting you.
@the key-I hope you are getting plenty of rest and takin care of that baby

Who is lined up next to test?

I have a sonotrax but it was a bit pricey. Angelsounds is just as good and I think some stores carry it at about $20

Hey Tickeled! Good to see you! When will you have your baby shower?:hugs:

AJ sorry AF got you, we are all here sending up prayers for you. God is listening don't you worry :hugs:

Kareen, the_key and von, i hear you on the ligament and joint pain, actually had a docs appointment today just to make sure all was well and it wasn't anything too serious. Got to hear baby's heart beat for the first time. God is so wonderful still have moments of awe at what is happening.

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

Hi Girls..(warning monster post, making up for being mia and sleeping all day lol got bnb withdraw syptoms lol)

AJ hun so sorry AF got you, next month will be the one.
Gosh girls I think I been through a kilo of strawberries today, I cant get enough lol. MW appointment today went well we listened to baby who kept moving around so MW had to hold LO down to get an average reading on her doppler lol. I mentioned the joint pains to her and she said during pregnancy we release a hormone that loosens the muscles around our joints, she says if I notice the pain move around to my pelvis to let her know asap so she can arrange for physio for me. other then that not much to do but bare it. Am gearing up now for another night of sleeping sitting up lol, am getting good at this. Last night I kept looking at DH and he was sound asleep with no care on this earth oohh I hated him, I kept poking him to wake up because its not fair that I should be the only one not able to get any sleep teehee!! mean arent I lol
Beanni have you felt flutters yet? MW says I should feel then any time from 16wks, mmhh nothing thats stands out just yet but will be sure to let you girls know.
Mrk my girls are worst at night also, getting out of a bra is torture arrghh!! they are also the biggest I've ever seen them lol
Hiya Tickled, how you doing? gosh 51 days left, you must be excited.
Karen am with you, isnt it amazing we have life inside of us, it hit me the other day what a big responsibility. To the rest of the girls big :hugs: am off to build my pillow fortress. Till tomorrow my lovelies xxx

Hey everyone!! I am new to this group but not new to B&B. I wish this group was here when I was pregnant with my first baby last year. Well...my story is long. I THOUGHT I was pregnant because I missed my period this month, but I went to the dr's today and he the pregnancy test came back negative. I was shocked as hell because I honestly thought I was pregnant. I am gaining weight boobs hurt...everything. And the most shocking part is the missed period because I have period like CLOCK WORK. Every month, on time...AF is here. So I dont know why I have a missed period. Earlier this month I had something like a period but it didnt come with any cramps or anything. I just happened to look down while I was using the bathroom and there it was....but it wasn't a flow...well I dont know what's going on. The doctor said that sometimes it "just happens"....

I don't feel sad...I just feel confused. It's not like me and DH was trying to have a second baby...but now I am just confused. The doctor gave me a prescription for birth control but I am not going to take it until I know for sure that I am not pregnant. Even though the test came back negative I just want to wait until I see AF and see a regular flow for me to start taking the birth control. I wouldn't want to be pregnant and then miscarry or harm the baby because of birth control. He said I can try and take another test in 2-3 days if I want to. I just am really confused as to why my period is not here if I always have my period. I'm not stressed, I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary... Anyways this post is long enough. We'll see what happens!!

Hey ladies,

~Aj, I'm praying for you. I had months like that when I just knew I was pregnant but AF got me. Ironically, those months were the few months leading up to my BFP. Yours is coming soon...really soon hun. :hugs:

~MrsKC, that's how my symptoms were in the beginning. Then they went from being just nigttime symptoms to symptoms beginning in the afternoon to symptoms that were all day. It was weird.

~The_key, I'm glad your appt went well! I can't wait to go back to see my mw on the 6th. I'm hoping she'll tell me that my cervix is ok because this bed rest thing is getting to me. Yesterday, I was so depressed by the end of the day that OH thought I was going crazy. So today he took me for a ride and out to lunch to get me out the house. In more exciting news, I was lying on my back last night and I felt my LO move! I thought I was going crazy because I'm only 13wks but I'm certain it was my LO and not gas lol. I felt it for a good 2-3min and then it was like nothing had happened. It was amazing :)

I hope everyone else is doing well! :flower:

Welcome caydensmom! Im so glad that you joined us. Wow, so you arent pregnant? How old is your baby now? He is so beautiful! Feel free to jump right in.:thumbup:

Welcome Caydensmom. Great name! My eldest son's name is Caynen, so very close. Did your dr. do a urine or blood test? Blood is more accurate and the hcg hormone can be detected ridiculously early so if it wasn't a blood test I would request one if AF doesn't show. Good luck!

Purplekisses: Isn't it wonderful to feel the LO? My bubba is doing some kind of Wushu or Tae Kwon Do or something in there but mostly at night for the past few days.
I loooovvveee it!

Well our July 1st. long weekend starts tomorrow. I'm off from tomorrow until Monday morning! Woo hoo! You all have a great weekend. May pop in over the weekend to say hi. Take care ladies! Lots of baby dust to us all!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->