African or African-Americans TTC

Hi Girls, thank you for all your well wishes. MrsK our 20wk scan is on the 3rd of Aug, 3 wks to go, oohh so exciting. I want it to be a suprise but DH wants to know the sex, he says it will be easier for us to prepare but we'll see on the day I may change my mind.
Sincervon your bump is so cute teehee!! Am now officially a UK size 16 argghhh!! not yet in maternity wear yet.
Wow purplekiss you may have a NYE baby how exciting. Hiya Vrainoire nice to see you indeed, will be praying that this is your month honey, you too camilitary. I hope you will enjoy your time with us.

Thanks the_key! It's slow growing, but I definitely see something in the making, LOL!!

Cute bump sincerevon. You are growing. I think Im bigger than you at 8 weeks but you look a lil more fit than me too, so a lot of mine is probably flubber:haha: So happy for you!

Hope everyone is well!:hugs:

Hello ladies,
I am WTT until Septemeber, this will be my third. Its nice to find a group of spritfilled ladies to share this journey with. Thanks for the thread it was a blessing to find. :flower:

Hello ladies,
I am WTT until Septemeber, this will be my third. Its nice to find a group of spritfilled ladies to share this journey with. Thanks for the thread it was a blessing to find. :flower:

Welcome Chinagirl! I hope your journey is sweet and you conceive right away.:hugs:

Thank you so much mrskcbrown:D
I hope it is too. My best friend seems to think I will get pregnant right away, but we will see. I am supper excited!!! :happydance:

Hi ladies! Hope everyone's well!!

Cute bump, Sincerevon.

Mrskc, Purplekisses, Kareen, AJ, The Key....everyone.....sending lots of good wishes your way this lovely Monday morning.

I'm approaching the end of another 2ww...but really not so sure about this cycle. Ah well, only a few days now.

Welcom China girl, and good luck and baby dust :dust:to Isi Buttercup..and to those of us who are still trying i hope we all get our BFPs this month..i'm really excited :happydance:

Thanks AJ :hugs:. That day will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks Vrainore hun :hugs:. Lots of :dust: to you also. You're still waiting to o.....fun times ahead :winkwink:. Good luck!

@Isi: I love the pic as well. How pretty. I hope this 2 WW ends in a BFP. We are here for you. How are things otherwise?

@Vrainoire: How are you? Where are you at in your cycle?

How is everyone doing?:hugs:

Thanks Mrskc. Everything's great....when I'm not symptom spotting, that is :haha:. Good thing is I'm away for the whole day on a work trip tomorrow, so that should at least take me further down this 2ww. I'm not sure about this cycle, but have committed everything to God. Whatever He wills for me this time, I will accept with a happy heart.

How are you? I can't believe how FAST time is going!! 8 weeks + already!! You'll be done with your 1st tri in no time at all. Wishing you all the very best :hugs:

Thanks Mrskc. Everything's great....when I'm not symptom spotting, that is :haha:. Good thing is I'm away for the whole day on a work trip tomorrow, so that should at least take me further down this 2ww. I'm not sure about this cycle, but have committed everything to God. Whatever He wills for me this time, I will accept with a happy heart.

How are you? I can't believe how FAST time is going!! 8 weeks + already!! You'll be done with your 1st tri in no time at all. Wishing you all the very best :hugs:

Awhh thanks Isi, sometimes it seems fast sometimes it seems slow:shrug:. Im just thanking God for where I am at. I am glad that you are remaining positive and trusting God. I know how hard it is to wait on God's timing. I thought His time for me would never come, especially when the DR was also against me. Now when I go to her she cant say anything because she is so amazed at how it happened.:winkwink: You are in my prayers and dont stay away too long!

vrainoire and Isi will be praying for you both. Baby dust all round.

Gosh girls am loving all your avatars. Making me want to update mine lol

I handed in my maternity leave forms today eekk!! I've asked that they keep it sshhh for a while as I dont want people to fuss over me, well not just yet. Maybe when am obviously visible then I can milk it lol.

vrainoire and Isi will be praying for you both. Baby dust all round.

Gosh girls am loving all your avatars. Making me want to update mine lol

I handed in my maternity leave forms today eekk!! I've asked that they keep it sshhh for a while as I dont want people to fuss over me, well not just yet. Maybe when am obviously visible then I can milk it lol.

I will be turning mines in when school starts back Aug 9. I think I will be 12 or 13 weeks then. I work for the board of the education so its a big office, they wont tell anyone. Yeah I cant wait to use up all the attention i will be getting:haha:

Hey ladies! Well, it looks like none of you are online now but I just wanted to drop in and say hey! I got a job working a summer camp with my school so I've been so busy today...but I love it. Sitting in this house was literally driving me crazy lol! I called my mom and talked her head off today after work...usually I'm so bored that it's borderline depressing lol. It makes me wish having an actual job...so I might have to do something about that...

Hey Isi! Lots of baby dust to you!

In other news, my mom told my sisters that I'm expecting again. They're both older than me but they don't have any kids. My oldest sister took the news ok...she was extremely happy as she's not too fond of my OH. My sis next to me, didn't take the news well at all. I know she's not very fond of my OH, either but instead of offering any type of well wishes my mom said that she was really cold about and said something about I should get tested for HIV/AIDS or something like that. Now, she's been TTC for awhile now and hasn't had any luck at all...I didn't know this until recently as she had confided in my mom and didn't really tell anyone. I feel so bad for being pregnant now :cry:

Needless to say, I don't know what to do. Her comment was completely out of line and we're not extremely close but she's still my sis...and it just kills me that she's acting like that. I know she really wants a family but it's not my fault how things are...it really turns a blessing into somewhat of a curse, ya know. I felt like I was doing something great as my OH really wanted a baby and is ecstatic...but now my sis resents me? :(

I mean we've had our fair share of sibling rivalry...and I get a lot of flack from my sisters because my family tends to treat me like I'm the 'princess' since I'm the youngest...but I didn't expect my sis to be so outright and cold like that. :(

Sorry, I really needed to get that off of my chest...it's really been bothering me for the past couple days...when my mom told me her reaction, I can't remember a time I cried so hard.

Anyway, enough with the "woe is me"....

I hope you ladies have a blessed week! Isi, good luck with your 2ww! I'm glad to see that all of you ladies are doing well :) :flower:

Hey ladies! Well, it looks like none of you are online now but I just wanted to drop in and say hey! I got a job working a summer camp with my school so I've been so busy today...but I love it. Sitting in this house was literally driving me crazy lol! I called my mom and talked her head off today after work...usually I'm so bored that it's borderline depressing lol. It makes me wish having an actual job...so I might have to do something about that...

Hey Isi! Lots of baby dust to you!

In other news, my mom told my sisters that I'm expecting again. They're both older than me but they don't have any kids. My oldest sister took the news ok...she was extremely happy as she's not too fond of my OH. My sis next to me, didn't take the news well at all. I know she's not very fond of my OH, either but instead of offering any type of well wishes my mom said that she was really cold about and said something about I should get tested for HIV/AIDS or something like that. Now, she's been TTC for awhile now and hasn't had any luck at all...I didn't know this until recently as she had confided in my mom and didn't really tell anyone. I feel so bad for being pregnant now :cry:

Needless to say, I don't know what to do. Her comment was completely out of line and we're not extremely close but she's still my sis...and it just kills me that she's acting like that. I know she really wants a family but it's not my fault how things are...it really turns a blessing into somewhat of a curse, ya know. I felt like I was doing something great as my OH really wanted a baby and is ecstatic...but now my sis resents me? :(

I mean we've had our fair share of sibling rivalry...and I get a lot of flack from my sisters because my family tends to treat me like I'm the 'princess' since I'm the youngest...but I didn't expect my sis to be so outright and cold like that. :(

Sorry, I really needed to get that off of my chest...it's really been bothering me for the past couple days...when my mom told me her reaction, I can't remember a time I cried so hard.

Anyway, enough with the "woe is me"....

I hope you ladies have a blessed week! Isi, good luck with your 2ww! I'm glad to see that all of you ladies are doing well :) :flower:

Hey Purple, as hard as it may be, I think you need to address it. If you dont address it, you will constantly have those thoughts lingering in your mind. I dont know if you want your mom there as a mediator, but definitely say something. Even if they dont like your OH, for reasons I dont need to know, they have no right to say such rude things.:nope: Hope you feel better about this situation too.:hugs:

I too, have had one of the worst days of my life. DH and I are at odds with no resolve again and Im just sick of it. Calling a marriage counselor tomorrow because we need to be able to talk openly without arguing or not really listening to what the other person is saying. Im nervous to call as this is our first marriage counseling session but I feel like if I dont say or do anything, things will get worse. I will not let the devil win!:growlmad:

Morning ladies,

Sorry to hear about your sister's comments Purple, that really is a hurtful thing to say. I know its hard but it may be more to do with her than you. As you say she has been TTC unsucessfully. Just be strong and pray for her during this time as she is obviously in a lot of pain. :hugs:

MrsKC also sorry to hear you are at odds with your OH, marriage counseling might be a very good idea. Sometimes it just needs an impartial person you both respect to be around and you'll find you both may even have the answers yourselves. I will be praying for you.

Isi long time, glad to see you back, and with yet another beautiful avatar. I am really loving your wedding dress. If you don't mind me asking what/which is it. I love nothing more than weddings and wedding dresses. I had hoped to wear mine for our anniversary but at the rate i'm going i'll be lucky if even raches the sides let alone do up at the back lol. Good luck in your 2ww as someone said in an earlier post somewhere good, bad or indifferent side God is a miracle working God :)

How is everyone else doing? Belated birthdays to all who recently celebrated. Hope you had a blessed day.

AFM all continues to go well baby wise we thank the Lord but i've been under a lot of stress from family mess ups etc. I'm the youngest however I seem to be the only semi responsible one it seems. When things go wrong I become the telephone exchange. As much as I try and step away I always feel bad and end up right in the middle trying to sort everyone out. Can I please ask you ladies to just lift me up in prayer that I am able to stand back with love because this stress really is starting to affect me (headaches etc) and i'm sure a stressed mum is not good for baby.

Thank you all

hi ladies...just a quick note...

prayers to all the ladies having a hard time lately, a warm welcome to china girl and lots of babydust to the ttc ladies. i'm really tired today so this will be quite short. just wanted to touch base with you all. have a blessed day...

Just stopping in to check on everyone.

I'm sorry about your sisters comments, Purplekisses. I can completely relate as I'm the youngest out of five and none of my sisters have children. They weren't happy when I told them that I was expecting, and I had a few rude remarks, but we talked it out and now things are going well.

MrsKC, I hope the counseling session goes well. I think it's a great idea. My first year of marriage was quite difficult as DH and I were getting used to each other and living with one another.

Beanni, I'll definitely be sure to keep you in my prayers.

I just want to say that I'm so glad I have this forum to come too. I know I've been kind of quiet lately, and I don't want anything to think that I don't care about this forum. I'm just SO scared of losing this baby, I know I'm out of the "danger zone" so to speak, but I'm just terrified... :cry: I try not to talk about it that much because I don't want to scare the ladies who are TTCing. Things have been going well so far (Thank God!), so I am just going to keep praying.

Hugs to everyone, sticky dust to all those who are expecting, and an extra helping of baby dust to those of you who are TTC.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies :flower:

I am new to this thread, but I can relate with you all. MrsKC counseling would be a good idea. I too had some issues with my OH, and went to couneling and worked it out. It was not easy, but the end result was well worth it.

Purple, I don't have sisters, but I do have best friends that are just like sisters to me. Pray about the situation and hand it over to God. Try not stress about it (I know easier said than done) and focus on your LO growing inside your tummy & your wonderful family. I will be praying you.

As I said, I'm new here and I hope I did not offend anyone.

Blessing to you all:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->