African or African-Americans TTC

hello everyone,

dont know if you remember me (old username wanabamummy) had to change my name due to personally reasons.

anyway. i am having a diliema with boy names.

My bezzie has just had her baby boy and called it Vincent , but will be shortening it to Vinnie and its middle name.

Now me and my oh decided on this name ages ago, and have our heart set on it cos its my grandads name. When we found out we both had the same name we agreed to keep it as theirs would be called vinnie middle name and mine would be Vincent or Vinnie.

now everyone keeps asking me that now i know she had a boy are we sticking to our original name.

Vincent is my grandads name, and i wanted a strong name if i had a boy. I also wanted a 'black' name, and to me Vincent is a 'black' name, maybe cos its my grandad. but i wanted this cos i am black by oh is white so our boy would be mixed race.

Does anyone know any other names that are strong?

I had Winston, but oh didnt like it. i think it reminded him of an old TV series! lol

I say if you are really feeling the name, keep it. My bf didn't like the name I chose for our daughter but after a few months, it grew on him.

@Isis- We will be right here waiting chica! :hugs:

@mrskcbrown-Your daughter is too cute!

@AJ-ooh the two week wait. Let me start dousing you in baby dust

@kareen-let us know how the private scan goes

@nightnurse- big hugs to ya and you know we are all still here to support you

Hey ladies. Hope everyone is well! Went to DR today baby is measuring 1 day sooner at 9w6d and heartbeat was 186. Pics are in my journal.

Im getting prepared for my cruise to the Bahamas this sunday. Im so excited! Never been on a cruise!:thumbup:

Big hugs to the ladies who had AF show, and fingers crossed to those who are in the TWW.

Mrskc, I'm so jealous! A cruise to the Bahamas! Sounds so lovely, I hope you have fun! Oh, and they do have private scans in the US. I'm going for one on Wednesday. It's $65 and it comes with a CD of pictures as well as a DVD of the ultrasound, and a gift card. Pretty great deal. Also, if they can't determine the gender, you can come back for free until they figure it out. Just an FYI.

I think I'm going to have a pretty active one on my hands. I've been feeling movement since about 15 weeks, and my husband actually felt it the other day. Only one more week until we find out the gender, I'm BEYOND excited!

Big hugs to the ladies who had AF show, and fingers crossed to those who are in the TWW.

Mrskc, I'm so jealous! A cruise to the Bahamas! Sounds so lovely, I hope you have fun! Oh, and they do have private scans in the US. I'm going for one on Wednesday. It's $65 and it comes with a CD of pictures as well as a DVD of the ultrasound, and a gift card. Pretty great deal. Also, if they can't determine the gender, you can come back for free until they figure it out. Just an FYI.

I think I'm going to have a pretty active one on my hands. I've been feeling movement since about 15 weeks, and my husband actually felt it the other day. Only one more week until we find out the gender, I'm BEYOND excited!

Thanks for the info on the private scans. I think I wont be doing one but I still think what you are getting for the money is pretty awesome! If DH and I were going to find out what we are having then I would do it, but since it will be a surprise, it may not be worth it. Look how you are moving right along, already time to tell what the baby is.:happydance:

Ok! Love Love this thread. MrsKC, we've met! but let me tell you a little about me. I am 37 my Dh is 47, we have been ttc for 2.5yrs. I've had a lot of issues. I had a abdominal myomectomy in January and 9 fibroids were removed. We are just getting back to ttc on our own. I am 11dpo and already got a bfn, and have been in a crummy mood for the past 2 days! I hoping tomorrow will be better. I look forward to chatting with you.

Ok! Love Love this thread. MrsKC, we've met! but let me tell you a little about me. I am 37 my Dh is 47, we have been ttc for 2.5yrs. I've had a lot of issues. I had a abdominal myomectomy in January and 9 fibroids were removed. We are just getting back to ttc on our own. I am 11dpo and already got a bfn, and have been in a crummy mood for the past 2 days! I hoping tomorrow will be better. I look forward to chatting with you.

Hey futuremommie! Welcome to our group. We have a fine group of ladies here:thumbup:. Where are you from? Im just curious. Im glad they removed those fibroids. One of my friends had those removed and she TTC and got BFP very soon thereafter. Praying that it all works out for you and hoping that we can lift you from that crummy mood!:hugs:

Hi FutureMommie, welcome!!

AFM i took an ic test this morning and it was bfn but i'm only 8dpo so i'm not thinking about it at all. (Cant remember if i posted this already, forgive me if i did.)

Hi FutureMommie, welcome!!

AFM i took an ic test this morning and it was bfn but i'm only 8dpo so i'm not thinking about it at all. (Cant remember if i posted this already, forgive me if i did.)

:hugs:AJ, keep on testing. Its way too early!:hugs:

Well if i get any kind of line on the IC i'll get a FRER to confirm it.

Nice one about the scan and feeling the baby, Sincerevon! So happy for you.

Gosh, Mrskc, I don't think I'd be able to stand the suspense :haha:. I guess it does make it more fun for it to be a surprise.....but I know I would be beside myself with curiosity. Good luck sweetie!

AJ....yeah, 8dpo is way too early. Don't be discouraged....you might still be on to a nice :bfp: :winkwink:

Welcome again, FutureMommie!!! Sorry about the BFN. Wishing you all the very best this cycle.

Nightnurse.....hope you're good dear!

How are the other lovely Mommies doing? Beanni, Kareen, Tickled, Purple, The_Key, everyone.....hope you're all doing great and those beans are settling perfectly.

Welcome Future! Glad to have you.

AJ: It may be a bit early to test, everyone is different. I bought a bunch of IC's b/c I didn't want to waste money on the FRER or CB. That way I could test twice a day! LOL I know, I'm nuts. I was obsessed!

MrsKC: Have a safe trip. I would loooovvvvee to go on a cruise! Take care and bless...

Tomorrow I find out if this little bundle is a girl or a boy. I don't plan on telling anyone as OH doesn't want to know. Closer to the end of the pregnancy I will most likely let my family know so that they can purchase gender specific things for the baby shower! Wish me luck ladies. Have a great weekend!!!!

Ha! Ha! Sorry ladies...but thou shalt not tell! LOL!!! ;-)

Hey ladies~

Welcome futuremommie!

Aj~ good luck! Yeah, I would wait a couple more days and test again. :thumbup:

Mrsk~have a safe trip!

I hope all of you have been doing well.

Well, me...I've been ok. I had a scan yesterday. The sonographer was really hesitant to tell me if baby was pink or blue but I'm pretty sure I saw girl parts and she even said that she didn't see any boy parts, so I'm saying we're team pink but I have another scan on Aug. 16th and it will be confirmed then. Other than that, she said baby seemed healthy. However, she did find "areas of high blood flow" within my placenta. I looked it up on Google and I think they're called placenta lakes? It's when blood pools in spots of the placenta. The doc said that these put me at a higher risk for preterm delivery (what else is new :roll:)...she didn't put me on bed rest again but she said that I should really limit my activity...problem is, I don't do much and I'm still spotting...I'm a little frustrated because no one can tell me why I'm spotting and so that tell me not to do much activity and that should alleviate somewhat but clearly it's not. I know doctors don't know everything but goodness!

Other than that, I've just been trying to take it one day at a time. Some days, I'm terribly exhausted and I've started to suffer from migraines. I think a lot of it comes from me not eating a lot because I often don't realize I'm hungry until I feel sick or faint. I'm thinking I may have to just put myself on a schedule where I eat every 4-6 hours whether I'm hungry or not.

I hope all of you have a blessed weekend! :flower:

@Isi: Yeah I understand the curiosity but actually it doesnt even bother me. I rarely think about it. I just want the baby to get here healthy. We are telling family to give us gender neutral things, lots of green and yellow and purples. When the baby gets here then we will get girly or boy stuff.:hugs:

Hope everyone is well. I wont be on much after today and I will be back next thursday with pics. Hope we get some BFPS while Im gone!:happydance:

Quick checkin before bed, just had a shower and noticed some very obvious spotting so either AF is 4 days early or its implantation, since coming off the pill last August AF has never come before cd28 so i dunno, will let you all know whats happening bright and early tomorrow.

Quick checkin before bed, just had a shower and noticed some very obvious spotting so either AF is 4 days early or its implantation, since coming off the pill last August AF has never come before cd28 so i dunno, will let you all know whats happening bright and early tomorrow.

Chart is looking good. Ill check on you tomorrow!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->