African or African-Americans TTC

@Purple-I would address it but not in a confrontational manner. Just let your sister know that this is a happy time for you and you would love nothing more to share it with her. My sister and I didn't become really close until we became pregnant at the same time. Life has some weird ways of working things out.

sorry I havent been on as much ladies. Ive been sleepin my life away lol Baby is head down but they didnt check my cervix. Said they will check it at 37 weeks on July 29th. She is measuring small but that's good considering Ive had to manage my gestational diabetes.

Anyone due to test soon? Do tell!

Just stopping in to check on everyone.

I'm sorry about your sisters comments, Purplekisses. I can completely relate as I'm the youngest out of five and none of my sisters have children. They weren't happy when I told them that I was expecting, and I had a few rude remarks, but we talked it out and now things are going well.

MrsKC, I hope the counseling session goes well. I think it's a great idea. My first year of marriage was quite difficult as DH and I were getting used to each other and living with one another.

Beanni, I'll definitely be sure to keep you in my prayers.

I just want to say that I'm so glad I have this forum to come too. I know I've been kind of quiet lately, and I don't want anything to think that I don't care about this forum. I'm just SO scared of losing this baby, I know I'm out of the "danger zone" so to speak, but I'm just terrified... :cry: I try not to talk about it that much because I don't want to scare the ladies who are TTCing. Things have been going well so far (Thank God!), so I am just going to keep praying.

Hugs to everyone, sticky dust to all those who are expecting, and an extra helping of baby dust to those of you who are TTC.

Oh Sincerevon, I am right there with you as far as losses go. I cant even get onto some forums at BNB and I here about mmc, miscarriages, early losses, etc. I just steer clear of them because I know that BNB is a minority and the majority goes on to have successful pregnancies. I even still check for spotting when I go pee:wacko:. Everyday, I say, "God I know you will bring this baby to term and all will be well". I am praying the same for you and others here with BFP.

TTC ladies, dont you give up! Im praying for you all as well. In God's perfect timing, He will bless you. I guarantee it. You can take God to the bank because He is real!:hugs:

Thanks ladies. I'm going to eventually address the situation because I don't want her to feel like I don't care about her feelings or what she's going through.

MrsK, I hope things get better for your and your hubby. My OH and I have had several disagreements, the last one resulting in him moving out and I've decided that we just need some time apart. For some reason it's fairly common for couples to argue a lot during pregnancy. I can see how emotions could flair since this has been a long awaited event for both you and him. Is this his 1st child? I think that marriage counseling may be a good idea. Maybe it will give you both a chance to get out how you both feel. I pray that it gets better for you two. :hugs:

Hey China girl! Welcome! Make yourself at home, you're in good company here :flower: The ladies on this thread are so wonderful :)

Hey beanni, I can definitely relate. I feel like I'm always the one mediating problems between my mom and my sisters. It can get stressful sometimes and you're right, it's not good for your LO. I'm praying for you as well :)

Sincerevon, don't worry, God has it. I know that's easier said than done, but you just have to trust that the Most High will give you a happy, healthy little blessing. :hugs:

Tickledpink, wow you're getting close! I'm glad everything is good well for you :)
I'm praying for all of you! Lots of :hugs: to all and :dust: to all of the ladies TTC :)

Thanks so much ladies :hugs:

Purple...I can imagine how hurt you must have felt. I'm sure she'll soon come around. Maybe she was just frustrated about her own ttc struggle. Will be praying for you.

Mrskc....you are also in my prayers! This is a joyful time and the evil one is just trying to create confusion! It shall be well with your family, in Jesus' name!!

Beanni.....please try not to be stressed sweetie. I'll be praying that everything calms down on the family front for you. And thanks about the dress sweetie!! I actually had it custom made by a local designer, as I couldn't find anything I liked.

The_Key....that's awesome about your maternity leave!! You guys in the UK have the best leave arrangement ever (1 year, right?)!!!! Too awesome!!

As for me, AF due today or tomorrow. Not sure how I feel, really! Just trying to manage my expectations. But to be honest, I kinda feel her about to make her grand entrance...... Whatever the case, I'm ready to accept it....believing in God to make everything beautiful in His time.

And Mrskc and Sincerevon.....just enjoy your pregnancies, okay? You have nothing to worry about by God's grace!!

@Isi: Thanks so much! I needed that confirmation today and God used you to give it to me. Im praying for you and yes whatever comes, God is still in control!:hugs: Thats such a great thought to know that God has your back!

Thanks so much ladies. You guys are all awesome.

Unfortunately, AF landed last night.....so I'm out this cycle. Will take TTC off my mind for a while, and then look into IUI when I get back.

Thinking about you Isi, sending you loads of babydust for next month.

I'll be praying for you Isi.

AFM, i have crosshairs now so nothing to do but sit back and wait.

@Isi::hugs: We will be here for you when you get back.

@AJ: WOOHOO for crosshairs. For some reason I loved getting those!:winkwink:
Praying for a BFP!

My crosshairs were moved to CD16 now cause of my temps.

My crosshairs were moved to CD16 now cause of my temps.

Hey AJ!

Were you able to BD during the times that your ovulation was changed? Praying for good news!

Here is a pic of my daughter with my BFF's twin girl. I thought she looked so cute!

Attachments

• my daughter.jpg
    my daughter.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi mrskc! I think i'm covered for both days so i'm not too worried about it, i was actually hoping it would be CD16 or 17 so i'm ok with the change.

Love the pic with your daughter!

hello everyone,

dont know if you remember me (old username wanabamummy) had to change my name due to personally reasons.

anyway. i am having a diliema with boy names.

My bezzie has just had her baby boy and called it Vincent , but will be shortening it to Vinnie and its middle name.

Now me and my oh decided on this name ages ago, and have our heart set on it cos its my grandads name. When we found out we both had the same name we agreed to keep it as theirs would be called vinnie middle name and mine would be Vincent or Vinnie.

now everyone keeps asking me that now i know she had a boy are we sticking to our original name.

Vincent is my grandads name, and i wanted a strong name if i had a boy. I also wanted a 'black' name, and to me Vincent is a 'black' name, maybe cos its my grandad. but i wanted this cos i am black by oh is white so our boy would be mixed race.

Does anyone know any other names that are strong?

I had Winston, but oh didnt like it. i think it reminded him of an old TV series! lol

oh yer, a VERY HUGE congrats to MRSKCBROWN!!!!!!! whoop whoop!!!!! got there in the end!! a very H&H 9 months.xxx

Hi all just checking in to see how everyone is doing,great to see that all my PG ladies are doing so well and will continue to do so,FX for all those who are still TTC and hope that you get your BFP soon,as for me was having a real hard time with waiting on AF to come and she decide to yet again turn up 5 days late and came bright and early this morning so now will have to endure spotting for 4 days till she comes fully and then a few days with my SO till he takes a 3wk trip,just feeling really let down today and was so happy and optimistic this whole week thinking on what I was going to do when I see those 2 lines o that test later this week,Oh well,on to another cycle I guess.

Hi ladies....hope everyone is great.

So sorry about AF, Nightnurse :hugs:

Your daughter is as cute as ever, Mrskc. And your avatar is lovey!

Hi ladies... Just wanted to say 'hi'. I have a private ultrasound on Saturday so that my other kids can see the baby. The doppler we ordered came last Friday and we were able to hear the heartbeat. It was great! The kids keep asking me to hear it. It's very comforting.

Isi: We will be right here when you come back.

MrsKC: What a cute pic of your daughter and your bff's baby. They are adorable! Love your avatar pic too ;-)

2wantedpls: I can understand how you feel but I think you should go with your original name. It's what you and your hubby decided and it's for such personal reasons.

Aj: Sorry that blasted witch came. But no worries, we are all here with you and will get through this next month together ;-)

Have a great day ladies...Bless...

@2wantedpls: I would keep the name as well. Your friend lives totally seperate from you and so I dont think it would really matter. Another strong name I like for an african-american male is Miles, Medgar, Malcolm. I like all of those:winkwink:. If we have a boy, his name will be Malcolm Josiah Brown. Thanks for the congrats! I finally made it!:happydance:

@nightnurse: Im so sorry about AF. I know how hard this is for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

@Kareen: The private scan sounds awesome. Im not sure if they do that here in the US? I may have to check it out.

@Isi: Thanks for the compliment! How are you?

@AJ: How is the 2WW coming along?

As for me, my baby is now a fetus, no longer an embryo and I am 3 months. Wont be long now before 2nd tri. Dr appt tomorrow. Praying for everyone!!!!:hugs:

Woohoo! Congrats on the 3 month mark! Time is flying!!

AFM the 2ww is better than previous ones, I'm not as anxious or impatient just taking it 1 day at a time. I am still looking forward to testing day tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->