African or African-Americans TTC

Im steering clear of of 2nd trimester groups like the February love bugs, etc. I am staying away because there have been two second trimester losses and its freaking me out. One just happened yesterday at 17w6d. Devastated is not the word for what I would be:cry:.

I keep praying over myself and baby daily and asking God to please bring this baby to term with no complications. My friend said well if there is no blood then everything is ok. I said but you can go to DRs not hear a heartbeat, and there is no blood. She was clueless and didnt know that you could miscarry with no blood:shrug:. Forgive me for being paranoid. I am though. I feel like until I get a real bump, Im always worrying. I still have the "you look fat" look:nope:.
I wont even take pics cuz it seems like Im at a standstill. I can still button most of my regular pants. Also another thing that makes me paranoid is when people say, "you dont even look pregnant":cry:.

Oh well, thats my soapbox for today! Whose next?

I was the same way until I started feeling ladybug move around. Now, if I get worried (i.e. if I haven't felt her move for a while), I can just poke her a few times and she'll wiggle a bit to put my mind at ease. I didn't start showing properly until about 19 weeks...so don't worry, you're almost there. You should start to feel baby move around a bit, too soon...which will also put your mind at ease. :hugs:

I thought for sure I wasn't going to make it this far in my pregnancy. I just KNEW something was going to go wrong...but ladybug is healthy and growing. Just goes to show that when God wants things to happen for you, they will. It's so funny. DS wasn't listening the other morning so I yelled at him...I ended up startling ladybug and she ended up with the hiccups lol. So at least I know she can hear pretty good lol..

Counseling is always in order. Dh and I are married and we still do it. Its good to have a neutral party to listen and weigh in on your situation. Nothing bad could come from it. Also dont think it will take away all your insecurities or agruments though. It just helps you to manage them better.:hugs:

You're right. I'm really going to look into it. I know some of my insecurities are things that I need to work on within myself, but a lot of them stem from the lack of communication between us...which makes it impossible to work as a team and to maintain that connection with him.

In other news, one of the deacons from the church I grew up in is working to get a scholarship for me for the fall semester. He told me that he should know something around lunch time...so I'm hoping that comes through because I'm supposed to go for fee assessment and financial clearance this afternoon. :happydance: God willing, everything will work out. Plus, a family member has offered to cosign on a loan for me if needed. I might have to take out a loan for books this semester and for tuition next semester, but I don't mind. :)

Counseling is always in order. Dh and I are married and we still do it. Its good to have a neutral party to listen and weigh in on your situation. Nothing bad could come from it. Also dont think it will take away all your insecurities or agruments though. It just helps you to manage them better.:hugs:

You're right. I'm really going to look into it. I know some of my insecurities are things that I need to work on within myself, but a lot of them stem from the lack of communication between us...which makes it impossible to work as a team and to maintain that connection with him.

In other news, one of the deacons from the church I grew up in is working to get a scholarship for me for the fall semester. He told me that he should know something around lunch time...so I'm hoping that comes through because I'm supposed to go for fee assessment and financial clearance this afternoon. :happydance: God willing, everything will work out. Plus, a family member has offered to cosign on a loan for me if needed. I might have to take out a loan for books this semester and for tuition next semester, but I don't mind. :)

Girl that is great! I knew everything was going to work in your favor.:happydance::happydance:

I have just started to feel movements. Its like little flutters or something. It moves a lot in church! That does give me some confirmation!:hugs:

Hey ladies,

MrsK, do not be afraid. For God did not give us the spirit of fear. I'm talking to myself when I say that too. You baby is covered by the blood (not human blood either).:winkwink:

Purple, My DH and I have been married for 10 years and we still need counseling every now and again. It is good for the oneness. I have a lot of self-esteem issues that have to be dealt with. Many came from childhood. I am not saying that is what's wrong with you but sometimes things just carry over in our life that we don't realize. I am so glad for you with all the help that God is sending you for school. I pray all goes well.

AFM: I am stilling waiting to get details on the SA. My DH says the last time he did not see his name on the jar and thinks they mixed them up. Well this time I went in with him (TMI) and made sure the
code it correctly.

I hope all is well with everyone today.

TTYL

*EDIT* Mrsk, I did not show with my second son until I was almost 5-6 months. But he was very active. I heard someone say the day you feel real movement the baby is coming exactly 5 months later. That worked with the first one but the second one I can't remember because he never stopped moving.

Thanks ladies. Ready, you're right...almost all of my insecurities stem from things that happened in my childhood and teenage years. I was talking to my mom the other day and I was telling her how it's amazing how what we experience as children and teens (and sometimes young adults) can shape the way we are for the rest of our lives.

Well, I'm still waiting on a call back about my scholarship but I'm about to head to campus...hopefully I'll hear back from them while I'm sitting in that dreaded financial clearance/registration line.

I hope everyone is having a great day so far. :)

Good morning ladies,

MsK, I love the new pic. It is cute.

Purple, did you hear any news about the scholarship? I hope all went well for you on yesterday.

AFM: I spoke with the nurse at the doctors office and she said this test was much better than the first. I guess the one extra day of on sex (TMI), helped. But my DH still thinks they mixed them up the last time. He said his name was not on the cup they gave him. Whatever. I am just glad this one is better.

Have a great day ladies.

Hey ladies How's everyone today? I'm waiting on AF to arrive,,but i can honestly say that I don't feel like she's coming..i've had no cramps or any other pms symptom for that matter..so hopefully I'll get a BFP in a couple of days

Morning ladies!

So I'm officially financially cleared for the fall! What's even better is I have no loans this semester...I have a little over $10K in scholarships, which will cover all of my tuition this semester. Now all I have to worry about is books. Hopefully, I can get in touch with some of my classmates who graduated last year and are still in the area and borrow some books from them. It took about 4 hours to get everything taken care of and I had DS with me so by the time we got home, we were both exhausted. Everybody kept commenting on how well-behaved he was lol. When we left the scholarship office, he looked at the secretary and said, "Thank you for letting me talk to you."...he's such a sweetheart lol.

I'm so happy and I feel like I always say this but the Most High God is awesome. :D

How is everyone else?? I hope everyone is having a great Friday. :)

Morning ladies!

So I'm officially financially cleared for the fall! What's even better is I have no loans this semester...I have a little over $10K in scholarships, which will cover all of my tuition this semester. Now all I have to worry about is books.

I'm so happy and I feel like I always say this but the Most High God is awesome. :D

How is everyone else?? I hope everyone is having a great Friday. :)

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am so happy for you . Thank you Jesus!! That is a great blessing, all because you trusted Him. You can also rent books from Barnes and Noble, I had to rent one of mines this semster. But try to borrow first. LOL

@Vrai~hopefully the :witch: doesn't show!

@Ready~I'm happy that the 2nd test was better than the 1st. Who knows, they may have mixed up the samples. :shrug: Either way, good news is good news, right?

:yipee::yipee::yipee:purple! I am so happy for you. I knew something was going to work our for you!:hugs:

Hi,folks Its been awhile,just been going through alot at the moment,plus I write mostly I my journal,For all people preggers,I know everything will end out ok,And for those TTC I'm praying for you,As for me still TTC but on a break for August but will be hopefully trying again this month after AF,hope we can all be bump buddies

Hello ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone. I am just cleaning house today. DH had a cook-off so he want be home until late. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Hi ladies......hope everyone has been great!! How are all are expectant Moms? Mrskc, Purple, Kareen, TheKey, Sincerevon.....hope I haven't missed anyone......hope you're all doing super.

Vrai....praying you get that :bfp:

Ready...also praying for you. 29 days will be here in no time.

As for me, I'm just praying for my AF to start ASAP, so I can start my pre-IVF assessment. Hoping to get the actual process started (i.e. the injections) by early October or so.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!!!

Glad to see everyone doing well. We had a good sunday at church and after church BBQing. I love my church so much, we just keep going to new levels. God is really doing great things at my church!

My family is now gone back to Chicago and I wont see them until November when my parents make 40 years of marriage:happydance:! We are taking them to McCormick and Schmicks a really upscale restaurant!

Otherwise Im fine, need to do these lesson plans!!!!:thumbup:

Hello all,

Just checking in, sure you are all doing great.

Have a wonderful week and don't forget that Delay is not Denial in any situation. God has promised to supply our needs according to his riches in glory. He also said that he will do exceeding abundantly above ALL that we can imagine. Key into this promises and i am sure God will come through for you.

... x x x

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Msk, I love McCormick and Schmicks. Once my DH boss ask him to work overtime when we had plans and told DH I will buy you GC to any resturant you want. DH ask me where do you want to go I said proudly "McCormick and Schmicks!" LOL

AFM we had to buy a new washer and dryer today. We got a good deal it was just spending all that money. The dryer start making a loud noise last night and start smelling like burning rubber. So instead of buying just the dryer we bought the set. The old set was a little over 10 years.

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well with everyone.

Msk, I love McCormick and Schmicks. Once my DH boss ask him to work overtime when we had plans and told DH I will buy you GC to any resturant you want. DH ask me where do you want to go I said proudly "McCormick and Schmicks!" LOL

AFM we had to buy a new washer and dryer today. We got a good deal it was just spending all that money. The dryer start making a loud noise last night and start smelling like burning rubber. So instead of buying just the dryer we bought the set. The old set was a little over 10 years.

Ok cool. Ive never been there but Ive heard great things. We are going to the one in downtown Chicago.

Thank God you had the money to purchase a brand new set. Thats awesome.:happydance: By the way, on your ticker you have until you are "whole again"?? You are already whole girl!! I would put until my reversal...but of course thats your choice....but in case you didnt know....you are already whole!!!!

@Mrs. O.: Thanks for that beautiful word. I needed that!

Hey ladies,

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. Well classes start tomorrow for me. I'm kinda excited lol.

Other than that, my weekend has been ok. I have (self-diagnosed) SPD and it's really been bothering me this weekend. I went to get up off of my bed today and was literally in tears...those along with the braxton hicks I've been having has made it for a very uncomfortable day. Not to mention I've been having a nice little bleed off and on today. Through it all, I've been trying to keep my spirits high, though. Ladybug seems to be ok, she's been moving a lot today so I'm not too worried. My mom is here until tomorrow so she's been helping me out with DS and stuff. She even cleaned most of my apartment for me. :thumbup: OH hasn't been here and he's the one that's been doing most of the cleaning lately as it's so painful for me to move around at times...needless to say, I was in need of some help lol.

Well ladies, I'll check in tomorrow if I'm not too tired from classes.

~Night :)~

Vrain-Hope AF stays away, Ihave my fingers crossed for you

Purple- Yay!!! I knew God would work it all out for you! I hope your first day is fabulous!

Nightnurse- glad you checked in on us, I hope august is your month

ISI- Hope the witch come soon so you can get the show on the road, I hope you will keep us posted on your ivf journey

Me? I am 1dpo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->