African or African-Americans TTC

Hello ladies just a quick check in. Today was my Birthday so I have been celebrating.

Hello AJ, sorry about your losses.

Happy belated birthday, Ready! Yesterday was my best friends birthday as well. :)

AJ, I'm so sorry for your losses. I will keep you and your DH in my thoughts. Lots of :hugs:

Vrai, I'm glad that you and your OH were able to work things out. :thumbup:

As for me, I'm just trying to get back into the groove of things when it comes to school. I can't wait until this semester, and ultimately, school year is over. My family is making so many sacrifices so that I can do what I need to do. OH and I had a talk and after a lot of thought, we've decided to take temporarily break up because I just can't concentrate on our relationship and family and finish school. I've tried and each semester, our relationship gets put on the back burner because school literally becomes my life. OH has a lot going on as well so we decided that we just need to take a break for at least a few months. We're still great friends and don't have any intentions on moving on...we just need to get ourselves together so that we can be the best we can for ourselves and the kids. He also has a daughter from a previous relationship and all of sudden the mom wants him to be there for his daughter since this is her last year of high school. The same woman also has a son, who isn't OH's biologically but OH claims him as his own...so that's what he's concentrating on right now. DS is staying with my mom at least until the baby comes because there's no way I could handle him, school and being pregnant by myself. Part of me feels like I'm taking the easy way out. My mom keeps trying to reassure me that I'm just doing my part to make sure I can be a good mom and wife in the future and sometimes, families have to do what they have to do to help one of their members out. I guess it's just a blow to my ego knowing that I can't handle everything single thing life throws at me at once. It's only for a few months, though. DS doesn't mind being with my mom and away from me much. Of course he misses me, but he's so used to being with her that it doesn't phase him too much. She's more like a 2nd mom to him than his grandma, so I'm thankful for that.

Like I told OH, I'm doing this for my family...not because I want to. I've been putting everyone on edge because I've been on edge trying to figure out how I was going to balance everything and keep my sanity. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to May 8, 2011 (graduation day). :)

Ladybug is doing well...she kicks and moves almost all of the time lol. She reminds me of her dad already because OH is always full of energy...and he can't stand to sit still for long periods of time lol.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Friday. :)

TTYL :flower:

Good morning ladies,

I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great day.

Purple, that is a good thing that you still have your mother and she supports you. She loves you and only wants the best for you. I will be praying for you and your strength doing these last months of school.

Good luck purple! I know things are hard and you have to do whats best for you. My mom is like a second mom too, to my daughter and she keps her for 3 months every summer. I couldnt stand being away from DD or DH though but since you are not married, I think it is a great move for you!

Things are so different when you are in college and trying to raise kids. I have never experienced it so I cant really say much but I can say that 2 yrs after I graduated from undergrad, I started grad school. Right when I started, I found out I was preggo with DD. So I quit school after a few months, and just finished a year ago. I needed to focus on her and my husband at the time.

Good luck!!!!:happydance:

Vrain- Glad you worked it out with your OH

MrsKC- 5 Months already? Your little one will be here before you know it.

AJ- I'm working on getting to know God better too! Nice to meet you, I'm pretty new here still

Ready-Happy Belated birthday

Purple- We all need help sometimes, I'm glad you have such a supportive family! Your are doing whats best so you can provide the best future for your family

Me? I've been away for work for 4 days so I'm just catching up, I'm not really sure how many dpo I am 3 or 4 maybe but I now by next week I will be emotional again even though I tell myself I won't be, I'm never prepared if I get a bfn no matter how hard I try.

Vrain- Glad you worked it out with your OH

MrsKC- 5 Months already? Your little one will be here before you know it.

AJ- I'm working on getting to know God better too! Nice to meet you, I'm pretty new here still

Ready-Happy Belated birthday

Purple- We all need help sometimes, I'm glad you have such a supportive family! Your are doing whats best so you can provide the best future for your family

Me? I've been away for work for 4 days so I'm just catching up, I'm not really sure how many dpo I am 3 or 4 maybe but I now by next week I will be emotional again even though I tell myself I won't be, I'm never prepared if I get a bfn no matter how hard I try.

Hey! I actually think like 4.5 months but in my pregnancy book from the DR it says Im starting my 5th month. Girl, I dont know:shrug:. All I know is that I am 17 weeks now, LOL.

Also, you can never be prepared for a BFN. I NEVER was. When I did finally get the BFP, I was hyperventilating! I couldnt believe it! My friend texted me and she was late with her period. Her husband had a vasectomy well over 9 yrs ago and she always said she didnt want anymore after the 2 she has. Well she took a test last week just in case and got a BFN. She was so hurt, because she was now happy with the possibility of having another. I said all of that to say, it never gets easy but lean on us your support system, cry and scream....but we will still be here to help you get thru it all.

But hey we are thinking BFP anyway.....none of that other business!!!

I agree with Msk.

Futuremommie, we will be here for you no matter what. We are all praying and believing for a BFP and that is what we are going to claim. :hugs:

Hello all,

Just checking in ... Sure everyone's doing great.

Hello Everyone! I am new here. I actually found this site through this thread's link. I browsed around for a day and was immediately sold to the board. :cloud9:

A little about us:

My husband and I have been married for almost a year. We are actually going away to celebrate our anniversary soon. We just started TTC. We have been waiting to NTNP for almost a year. However, I had to have surgery first. After surgery we were encouraged by RE to try to get pregnant in the the next 6-12 months. Slightly pressured, but happy just the same. We having God on our side. Yet in the spirit of honesty we have a few things getting to our jittery nerve. Me-post surgery. We -a little bit older. We-have a lot going on in our life together right... (1) looking to move (2) making career moves (3) me-trying to lose weight (4) he-trying to get fit........wooosah. lol

So, we believe that when God is ready He will bless. However, we are actively trying. This will be #1, but we have a
spoiled rotten:angel:furbaby/catkitten:angel: whom we love dearly.

That's about it for now.

I am so glad this thread was created. I look forward to sharing with you all and encouraging as well.

:happydance::flower:

Welcome Regal! It's always great to have someone new on the thread! If you don't mind me asking, what's NTNP?

Stay positive Future! As MrsK said, we're thinking BFPs!! :dust:

As for me, I'm just trying to adjust. I miss my OH and DS so much already. The apartment has been sooo quiet today since it's just me for a while. :cry: I'll get used to it, though...especially when my workload picks up. Trying to stay positive. :)

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. :flower:

TTYL

I'm starting to loose hope that I might never have another baby again:nope: DH always tells me, "you remember you never thought we would have lilman but GOD blessed us. And you don't believe that you'll have another one but you will some day". He's always to loving and encouraging to me and I want to believe him but my body just won't cooperate.:cry:

Hello ladies,

Regalpeas, welcome to the group. I hope you get your BFP real soon.

Charisse28, keep the faith. God is always faithful.

AFM, I am just counting the days until my surgery. I have 23 days to go.

Welcome to all the new ladies. Sorry I haven't been around but as you can understand, been busy as all get out. Baby dust to those who are testing

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Purplekisses~ NTNP is Not trying (but) not preventing.

Ready4onemore~ Thanks so much! I need that type of encouragement.:flower:

Welcome Regalpeas! So happy to have you here!

Charisse: Dont give up hope! How long have you been trying? It took some of us a long time to conceive. As for me, it was 16 months!

Hey ladies. Havent been on much this weekend. I had a good time. DH took me to see Charlie Wilson on friday nite:cloud9:. I loved it! Then he gave me some money to go shopping on saturday, so I bought maternity pants and a bunch of shirts from Old Navy. I also took my daughter to "jag day" at her school on saturday which is similar to a carnival but its to support their high school band. I havent had a fun weekend in a long while!!

Well off to bed!:hugs:

Hi ladies...Just checking in. Welcome Regal. Nice to see a new face around here. Join the club! I'm just here feeling very anxious and excited about this baby. I so can't wait to see this little one. Anyways, take care ladies and Bless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->