African or African-Americans TTC

Hey All,
Just thought I'd share my attempt to lure my TR doctor into giving me a little boost in fertlity ;) NOT

His reply was serious and to the point! "Do not rush, and please just pay attention to the timing of intercourse section of your medical instructions" I quickly replied ok Dr. Levin, you are the boss :)

With that said, I've ordered ovulation test strips and will be in tune with my days to get my :sex: on. Guess we will follow the every other day recommendation vs. everyday since this lowers the:spermy: count!

Also, I used a new site (Webmd) to predict my O period and was shocked to say that i would have missed my TIME. countdowntopregnancy predicts my O on 11/2. Webmd suggests my peak period is 10/27 -11/1.

Hoping for some good results for the month of November.

Have a great evening ladies!

Those sites are great especially webmd but have you ever tried charting your cycle? I found that to be the most accurate in my conception. I kept trying to find my O date and I was missing it quite often. If your cycles are the exact same every month then you should be good. Wishing u lots of luck!:thumbup:

@Mrskcbrown, No I have not started to chart my cycle. I haven't worried about TTCing in so long lol....I will have to Google charting and get busy.

Hey ladies,

InLuv, you can you use mymonthlycycles.com and/or fertilityfriend.com to chart.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Hey ladies,

InLuv, you can you use mymonthlycycles.com and/or fertilityfriend.com to chart.

I hope all is well with everyone.

@Ready,
thanks for the information :) I will look into both. My hubbs brought an ovulation test kit home today lol.....He means business OMG..

Hope you are feeling great...I see you are 15 days post! GO GIRL

~InLuv~

Yes I loved fertility friend myself. I am still on there in the forums sometimes. I found it to be really accurate. GL!:thumbup:

Okay ladies,
Picked up a basal themometer today and i'm ready to get this :bfp: soon. Ahhh yes nature cannot be rushed, however I'm focused on "timing" this go round.

Hope all is well and that you lovelies have a great weekend.

AFM, heading to Virginia to hangout with my stepdaughter & hubbs of course. It's parent's weekend for band members.

Peace & Blessings,
~In Luv~

hey ladies i'm feeling like i may be done with this cycle soon..i'm cramping and my mood has gotten crabby all of a sudden..i really just want to sleep but i'm "granny sitting" so i have to make sure my grandma doesn't stray off

Hi ladies...just stopping in to say hi. hope everyone has a great weekend. the kids have a day off tomorrow so hopefully I can muster up some energy to make some cupcakes with them. Take care...

Hey ladies, just checking in...

My OH surprised me on Sunday...he came back to stay :happydance:. His ex made him lose his job in DE so he decided to come back here. It's a long story and please don't ask me why she would do that, but she's a very bitter woman. Apparently, she's jealous of our relationship...and his daughter is upset that he's back here because her mother said he moved back to be with "that girl" (me)...so that's what his daughter referred to me as in a text to him once...I felt totally disrespected, but he handled the situation accordingly. He had orientation at his new job today so I'm hoping everything went well...so I'm hoping everything went well and he starts soon. I haven't talked to him since this morning, but he should be home soon. :) It's so much easier having him around...he's been spoiling me ever since he's been back and it made me realize how much I really missed him. If everything goes as planned, DS will be back to stay in December so I'm as happy as a clam...and the icing on the cake were my midterm grades. I got 6 A's, a B and a B-....so proud of myself. :D

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

Inluv, I'm sorry AF showed...I was really excited for you...but there's always next month. :hugs:

Vrai, I'm hoping that it's not AF....that would mean that she's almost 3 weeks late?? Hmm...

How is everyone else?? I think I went back 3 pages, but I can't remember everything I've read (baby brain- please excuse :wacko:) lol...my memory is truly awful...like I had went to the grocery store the other day and would've forgotten half of the bags in the trunk if it wasn't for my OH...

Well, I gotta go...hopefully, I'll be back on tomorrow...if not, I hope you ladies have a great weekend :D

Purple- Glad to see everything is going well for you! I hope its not AF either..OH is very set on believing i'm preggo..AF could come and he would still try to tell me she isn't here..lol

Hey ladies, just checking in...

My OH surprised me on Sunday...he came back to stay :happydance:. His ex made him lose his job in DE so he decided to come back here. It's a long story and please don't ask me why she would do that, but she's a very bitter woman. Apparently, she's jealous of our relationship...and his daughter is upset that he's back here because her mother said he moved back to be with "that girl" (me)...so that's what his daughter referred to me as in a text to him once...I felt totally disrespected, but he handled the situation accordingly. He had orientation at his new job today so I'm hoping everything went well...so I'm hoping everything went well and he starts soon. I haven't talked to him since this morning, but he should be home soon. :) It's so much easier having him around...he's been spoiling me ever since he's been back and it made me realize how much I really missed him. If everything goes as planned, DS will be back to stay in December so I'm as happy as a clam...and the icing on the cake were my midterm grades. I got 6 A's, a B and a B-....so proud of myself. :D

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.

Inluv, I'm sorry AF showed...I was really excited for you...but there's always next month. :hugs:

Vrai, I'm hoping that it's not AF....that would mean that she's almost 3 weeks late?? Hmm...

How is everyone else?? I think I went back 3 pages, but I can't remember everything I've read (baby brain- please excuse :wacko:) lol...my memory is truly awful...like I had went to the grocery store the other day and would've forgotten half of the bags in the trunk if it wasn't for my OH...

Well, I gotta go...hopefully, I'll be back on tomorrow...if not, I hope you ladies have a great weekend :D

Wow, many blessings going on for you..... It's all according to his will! I've come to peace with this cycle (lol) I will lasso a little :spermy: soon!
Have a great weekend as well!

Congrats purple. I am so glad that everything is going well with you and OH. It probably feels good to know that your baby will be home very soon as well. I hope that everything works in your Oh's favor with his job.
Im 6 months today and just trying to wrap my mind around that.
Praying for everyone who is TTCing I just know someone is bound to get this BFP very soon and I just cant wait!!!!:happydance:

Hey ladies,

Vrain, I hope it not AF. You could be having baby mood swings.

Purple, I am glad you OH is back. I know you are very happy. I hope all goes well with his new job too.

Mrsk, Wow 6 months alright? I seems like just yesterday you were 12 weeks. You will be posting a baby pic soon.

Have a great night ladies.

Just wondering for those of us trying to conceive what have you done differently month to month? What was learned? What are you adding? etc...

What methods do you use to occupy your mental/emotions all while getting prepped to conceive each month?

I will go first :)
This pregnancy cycle:
  • I added Fertiliaid to prep for pregnancy and so has my hubbs.
  • I started drinking tons more water as I've read it helps with fertility and flushing of toxins.
  • I plan to incorporate yoga into my world beginning this cycle.
  • I have set a goal to exercise at least 30 minutes everyday.
  • Charting & Basal temping of course.
  • Extra Omega 3 6 9
  • Drinking green tea daily.
  • Daily prayer.
  • Being positive, reflecting positive vibes, claiming victory and simply staying busy.

So there's my new cycle goals, what's yours?

Sharing is caring ladies, I'm listening :happydance:

Inluv~ sounds like some great goals. A few months before I got my BFP, my OH had gotten me into drinking "alkaline water". The water we drink is just distilled water with trace minerals added to it. It has a higher pH than tap and bottle waters and the mineral concentration is supposed to be really good at balancing your body and bodily functions. I can't say for sure if that's what did it for us, but as I've mentioned before, my OH was told that he was basically infertile. He's really into the "alkaline diet" which consists of a lot of fruits and veggies...so I had started eating more fruits and veggies as well. The only thing we did differently that month in particular was we BD'd on O day instead of a couple days before. We didn't plan it that way, it just kinda happened that way. That month, I thought for sure that we wouldn't get our BFP because every site I had read said that it's best to BD a day or two before...but honestly, I don't think his little swimmers were living that long. Oh, and I love green tea (with lemon juice and raw honey)...I used to drink it everyday before I got pregnant and now I still drink it most days.

MrsK~ WOW! I still remember when you were like 7 or 8 weeks! Time is really moving fast :D

Ready~How are you??

OH officially starts his job next week so he's happy. There's a lot of stuff we still need to get for ladybug. I've managed to buy all of her clothes, now we just need the car seat, stroller, etc.

I gotta go...I have class in a hour. You ladies take care. :hugs: :D

Night nurse- good luck, I hope clomid does the trick!

InLuv2- Good luck this cycle and have a safe trip to VA

Purple- Glad you OH is back at home with you, and way to go with the awesome grades, I know you must be proud!

AFM- I went for my ultrasound today, no cyst, and none of the fibroids have grown back so I start my follistim tonight and then next thursday I go back for another ultrasound do see how my follies are growing. I'm excited to get started.

Night nurse- good luck, I hope clomid does the trick!

InLuv2- Good luck this cycle and have a safe trip to VA

Purple- Glad you OH is back at home with you, and way to go with the awesome grades, I know you must be proud!

AFM- I went for my ultrasound today, no cyst, and none of the fibroids have grown back so I start my follistim tonight and then next thursday I go back for another ultrasound do see how my follies are growing. I'm excited to get started.

:happydance:I am so happy for you. I truly hope it all works out and ends in a BFP!:happydance:

Hey ladies,

InLuv, you have a great plan. I haven't started TTC as yet. Have some things I want to take care of first. I hope it works out for you.

Futuremommie, I am over the top excited for you.

Purple, I am doing well. You are getting closer to your due date, must be exciting.

Have a blessed day ladies.

So, I'm back again. OH has insisted that I rest, so I'm bored out of my mind lol..

I am! I'm just glad all of my hard work is paying off. :)

I'm excited for you! So glad everything looks good, pretty soon you're going to have a BFP!!

Purple, I am doing well. You are getting closer to your due date, must be exciting.

I'm glad you're doing well, ready. :D

I feel so close, yet so far from my due date lol...it's getting to that point where I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to get a lot bigger and uncomfortable before we finally get to meet her...but it's all good...can't complain about it. :)

I'm hoping that we'll be talking about more due dates and babies soon! I'm praying for all of the ladies TTC! Have a lovely weekend ladies :D

Yes I cant wait for more BFPs too Purple!:happydance:

Purple: Right at 30 weeks wow. I cant believe I am this close to third tri. Baby seems to be right under my ribs and is sometimes uncomfortable but oh well, I wont complain.

Tonite is pizza nite and I want to eat a lot but my daughter has a friend over so I cant pig out like I really want to LOL! I have bump pics in my journal for those of you who care to see and havent been by.

Have a great friday!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"