Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Me too - I'm 37 in November.. God I hate seeing that written down! Trying not to worry think about it. Getting older in fertility land sucks. Here's hoping things work out for us both - and everyone else here - this January and February.
Still waiting on the results from our genetic testing.. This Thursday it will be a month.. That's how long we waited last time. Would like to know before the end of the year. Anyway, trying to keep busy!!

Lucky, you're 6 months younger than me :haha: But yeah, it really stinks:nope: Makes me regret not starting 2-3 years sooner. If I'd known we would have fertility problems, that's what I would've done. Yep, it'd be nice if we all got our BFPs:happydance:

Hope you get those results very, very soon! But one could be afraid they might first be in after the holidays?

Dropping beta again, nothing seen on ultrasound in uterus or tubes. Waiting for blood draw then getting methotrexate shot in an hour. Can't continue with another FET for 6 weeks after beta in 0 .

Im still on the fence about starting my FET this January because Im still breastfeeding and dont want to stop. My baby is 7.5 months old today.

The doctor insists I wean but Ive read so many stories about women that have done FETs while nursing... I want to try that. Have any of you done that?

My plan is to switch the bcp to the minipill and skip medrol and doxy altogether, so I would only take estrogen and progesterone which Ive already cleared with the pediatrician and he says its ok for baby. I have also checked my prolactin levels and they are within the normal (not pregnant) range.

I will have to lie to my doctor about breastfeeding...but I have high hopes it would work... The only thing that is making me insecure is the possibility of my milk drying out...

Some people say I should wait ... but the fact is, unless Im willing to wait until my baby is 3yo Im gonna have the same problem, except I'll be even older...I hope you ladies can give me some positive reinforcement!

Haleiwamama Sorry I have no experience. We only get got two blastocyst after five ivf cycle hence we wouldn't risk wasting our precious embyro if the doctor said they was less chance. How many frozen embryos do you have?

Hope you find the solution for you.

AFM Took my last pill yesterday waiting for AF to come over next few days. Hopefully January/ Feb 2016 is a good time for us all!

Haleiwamama Sorry I have no experience. We only get got two blastocyst after five ivf cycle hence we wouldn't risk wasting our precious embyro if the doctor said they was less chance. How many frozen embryos do you have?

Hope you find the solution for you.

AFM Took my last pill yesterday waiting for AF to come over next few days. Hopefully January/ Feb 2016 is a good time for us all!

we have 11 frozen embryos... Im just no so sure that the doctors are right when they say there's less of a chance...I know theres less of a chance at natural cycles, but we would be using estrogen to build the lining and progesterone plus my embryos are great quality and Im only 33. I probably would feel different if I were older and my embryos werent high quality ...

Good luck on your cycle!! You're gonna have a halloween baby!!

Oh wow that is a lot of embryos. Yes actually if you are not doing a natural cycle it probably won't make a difference. You should ask why?

Hmm I am trying not to get my hopes up. Really really hope this will work can't do another cycle. Five is just so many.

Jean I hope this nightmare is behind you soon!

Kat did you put a bid on a house?

Counting down to 2016. Hope this is the lucky year and get that bfp once more.

Kat did you put a bid on a house?

Not yet. We went to see it a 2nd time yesterday with DH's parents and they were very enthusiastic about it, much more so than the other house we showed them last time:thumbup: The owner said that the condition report should come before New Years (he'll send it via email to DH as soon as he gets it) so we'll first take a look at it when we get it to be absolutely sure there aren't any major flaws before bidding (the owners were very open about 2-3 very, very minor issues that they know about). We may have to practically bid the amount they want though since they don't seem in any huge rush to sell, despite the fact they've bought their new house already (we'll be practically neighbours if DH and I get this house) and it's also only been on the market for a little over 3 months.

If we do get the house, I can put up a pic if anyone's interested:winkwink:

Hi ladies!
I should be doing my first ivf in late jan/early Feb.
I've been on birth control pills since November. And this month I had laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery with ovarian drilling (yay, PCOS).
Just waiting for my surgical follow up and ivf orientation.
The waiting is killing me!

Oh wow that is a lot of embryos. Yes actually if you are not doing a natural cycle it probably won't make a difference. You should ask why?

Hmm I am trying not to get my hopes up. Really really hope this will work can't do another cycle. Five is just so many.

I'll keep my hopes up for you then! My dream is to have a Halloween baby! I'm a Halloween fanatic lol

As to the RE, I think it's just the nature of the business.. The scientist mantra is "to control and predict"... The vast majority of REs are like this. Here in Hawaii I don't have a lot if doctors to choose from... So I'm planning on just doing a lot if research and just not telling my doctor.

I'm going to switch the pill they give me for the mini pill and skip medrol and doxyciclyne... Some people take no drugs and their fet works fine. Bottom line is, doctors have opinions too and there are many "truths".

Hey ladies, mind if I join you?!
DH and I have been TTC for over 4 years now without the slightest hint of a BFP. We have finally been put on the IVF waiting list after several tests and -35lbs to find out that we're on the short protocol and will be starting ICSI treatment next cycle! AF is due on the 7th, so if all goes to plan we will find out a few days after my birthday if we will finally get pregnant!
A very happy new year to you all, and hoping 2016 is our year! X

DH and I have been TTC for over 4 years now without the slightest hint of a BFP. We have finally been put on the IVF waiting list after several tests and -35lbs to find out that we're on the short protocol and will be starting ICSI treatment next cycle! AF is due on the 7th, so if all goes to plan we will find out a few days after my birthday if we will finally get pregnant!

2016 is your year!! Here's to many 2016 babies to all of us!! Happy new year ladies!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/_9jF-KOT-W/?taken-by=thebubblewhisperer

Welcome Elz!

Happy New Year ladies! Hope to see heaps of BFPs this year. Waiting for my AF to arrive then let the blood tests begin!

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to us all getting a bfp!

Miranda sounds like we have similar infertility factor. It was very hard for dh it really broke him down but ivf was so worth it. How many frosties do by ou have? Having two makes me nervous in case one doesn't thaw right or of it just doesn't take. Having to do the fresh cycle again would put us behind many months and my son will be 3 in June so I want the kids to be as close in age as possible at this point.

Welcome Timetotry, nice to see you here but sorry you haven't gotten your BFP yet :flower: Do you get to start right after your IVF orientation?

Welcome Elz:flower:

So sorry you're also a LTTTC'er:hugs: Is there any reason they're doing ICSI and not "regular" IVF on you? My clinic at the hospital first do ICSI if your 1st IVF results in 0 or a very low fertilisation rate. My AF is due around the 8th and I'll be doing short protocol as well (my 1st IVF was long protocol and suppressed me way too much since I only got 3 good quality eggs; resulted in a CP) so sounds like we're pretty much in synch:winkwink:

AFM nothing much going on. Had a nice New Year's at my youngest BIL's and his girlfriend's apartment although I did drink a tad too much so felt a bit sick most of yesterday:dohh:

On a more private note I've decided to take another member's advice here and either not post on FB or only post so everyone on my restricted list (my narcissistic siblings, enabler cousin and cousin's daughter) can't see anything. I just don't need any drama or constant reminder that they despise me so much and don't give a hoot about me. My enabler cousin has never once asked me about how assisted conception is going or even if DH ever got a new job which he did. I just need to quit stalking their profiles:dohh: Wish FB had something were you could semi-block people so you can't see them on your friends list and therefore aren't tempted to click on them to see what they're posting.

We got the condition report for the house we looked at and there are a few issues, most we knew about but also a couple we're not sure about so will need to call my FIL and eldest BIL to ask since they're better versed in stuff like that. The owners said they were happy with the report so guessing they're not major issues and it's just stuff we can fix over time:shrug: I'll update when we know. But it doesn't sound like there are any really major issues so still interested.

TTC-wise nothing will be happening until I get to start IVF #2 and expecting AF around the 8th. We did BD 2-3 days before O (which came on time so the CP didn't "mess up" my cycle) but I can tell I'm not pregnant but wasn't expecting to be. We were just taking this cycle as it came to relax and get emotionally and mentally over the CP and prepared for IVF #2.

Kat I hope the building issues isn't too significant. Hard to find a place you like within price range etc.

In relation to fb I am unsure of all the different settings but you can un follow them so their news don't appear.

AFM: AF came yesterday so by the end of this month hopefully I will be pupo. Really hope it will happen this cycle and not get cancel again!

Kat I hope the building issues isn't too significant. Hard to find a place you like within price range etc.

In relation to fb I am unsure of all the different settings but you can un follow them so their news don't appear.

AFM: AF came yesterday so by the end of this month hopefully I will be pupo. Really hope it will happen this cycle and not get cancel again!

Already unfollowed them but I still will go in and actively check out their profiles:nope: Which is why it'd be nice if you could hide certain people on your friends list some way. I don't know why I stalk, especially as my narcissistic sister does nothing but post non-stop pics of her 2 kids (the youngest, a 4 year old boy, I've never even met and never will) and occasional posts with quotes about motherhood :dohh: It's actually insane how many pics of her kids she puts up, it's almost pathological and just screams "cry for likes and attention" to me:wacko:

Sorry about AF but great you can get started with your FET!

Thanks Kat! I think we may have chatted before, over the past couple of years.
Sorry about the family issues! I totally understand what you mean, I have some people blocked but I still stalk their fb pages.... It's just so tempting!

My background... I'm 31, ttc 2.5 years, hubby has no issues, it's all me and my PCOS. We did 3 rounds of clomid, followed by 4 attempts at iui (2 of which were cancelled mid cycle). I have never seen a bfp :(
I have had an endometrial biopsy/scratch in the summer. Then I just recently had laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery with a d&c and ovarian drilling.
I have been on birth control for almost 3 cycles now, which sucks!

I'm not 100% sure what happens next for us. We have 2 appointments in the next week. My doctor has mentioned that they will do bloodwork and ultrasound at some point this month to see where I'm at for number of follicles and how my body is recovering from the drilling. They have said it will likely be Feb we start stimulating. Our next appointments will go over all of this. I don't know about the medications or anything yet, but there was a recent change in our health care system and we found out that this cycle will be funded for us! Which is amazing!! (we just have to pay for drugs, which our benefits cover)

I'm so anxious to get on with this already! I hope they let us start sooner rather then later!

Thanks Kat! I think we may have chatted before, over the past couple of years.
Sorry about the family issues! I totally understand what you mean, I have some people blocked but I still stalk their fb pages.... It's just so tempting!

My background... I'm 31, ttc 2.5 years, hubby has no issues, it's all me and my PCOS. We did 3 rounds of clomid, followed by 4 attempts at iui (2 of which were cancelled mid cycle). I have never seen a bfp :(
I have had an endometrial biopsy/scratch in the summer. Then I just recently had laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery with a d&c and ovarian drilling.
I have been on birth control for almost 3 cycles now, which sucks!

I'm not 100% sure what happens next for us. We have 2 appointments in the next week. My doctor has mentioned that they will do bloodwork and ultrasound at some point this month to see where I'm at for number of follicles and how my body is recovering from the drilling. They have said it will likely be Feb we start stimulating. Our next appointments will go over all of this. I don't know about the medications or anything yet, but there was a recent change in our health care system and we found out that this cycle will be funded for us! Which is amazing!! (we just have to pay for drugs, which our benefits cover)

I'm so anxious to get on with this already! I hope they let us start sooner rather then later!

Yes I also remember having chatted before:winkwink:

Sorry you've had 4 failed IUIs, I know how much that stinks having been through 6 of them:hugs: Here's hoping IVF is what works for you!

As to FB: yeah it's super annoying, I always hate myself a bit each time I click and stalk:dohh: I honestly don't know why I bother when I know how emotionally toxic my siblings are and how much they don't care about me, despite they've both said they love me although they haven't said it for a super long time. My brother being the worst of course since he constantly puts me down every single time we have contact (telling me how selfish, childish, evil I am and how much like our toxic mother I am :( ) plus will also gaslight me (rewrite history) so I'm always the wrong, selfish one and he looks like the innocent one, at least that is when he isn't silent treatmenting me which is what he's been doing the past year (although he stopped answering my emails a little over 2 years ago). All because I politely asked him to stop putting me down! Him and his enabler wife didn't even respond to my birthday wishes on FB this year, totally ignored me and responded and liked pretty much everyone else's. I'll also sometimes check out my enabler cousin's profile which I also need to stop doing. I'm planning on going no contact with them all but going to wait until I get my BFP and have had a baby, as per my former therapist's instructions (still have some contact with her; stopped due to how much it was costing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->