• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Hi Ladies

Happy New Year!! Sorry I haven't been around I have had family staying and lots of visitors over the holiday period - i've not known which way is up! lol!!

Kat Congratulations on the house how exciting!! So sorry about your familly but at least you now have some idea of how to protect your self from them :( . I'm an only child and it does have lots of benefits :)

Miranda great news on the genetics you must be so pleased and relieved, all systems go now then!

Well as for me totally shit news :cry: went for a scan yesterday to check all is ok as I have a long standing cyst that has been present and not changed for 2 years - guess what its grown a bit now 4cm and has taken over my right ovary ....i have to have it removed before I can start any treatment which is costly and is delaying things yet again grrrrrrrr! Not to mention the worry of maybe loosing the ovary too and the pain of the laperoscopy - i had one when I was younger. The clinic seems to think they will be able to start the IVF very soon after procedure as they don't want to risk it coming back - she has referred me and i'm now just waiting for a date for surgery! Why is nothing ever easy....just as I got this news I recieved a picture of my friend with her newborn baby that had just been born (her second) and i've been trying for so much longer and nothing!!!! Oh well i must be positive ....focusing on getting this thing out of me then on to IVF again....maybe 3rd time lucky seeing as this is the 2nd time its been stopped!

Sorry I have not responded to everyone I will catch up properly later I'm in work!

Hi Ladies

Happy New Year!! Sorry I haven't been around I have had family staying and lots of visitors over the holiday period - i've not known which way is up! lol!!

Kat Congratulations on the house how exciting!! So sorry about your familly but at least you now have some idea of how to protect your self from them :( . I'm an only child and it does have lots of benefits :)

Miranda great news on the genetics you must be so pleased and relieved, all systems go now then!

Well as for me totally shit news :cry: went for a scan yesterday to check all is ok as I have a long standing cyst that has been present and not changed for 2 years - guess what its grown a bit now 4cm and has taken over my right ovary ....i have to have it removed before I can start any treatment which is costly and is delaying things yet again grrrrrrrr! Not to mention the worry of maybe loosing the ovary too and the pain of the laperoscopy - i had one when I was younger. The clinic seems to think they will be able to start the IVF very soon after procedure as they don't want to risk it coming back - she has referred me and i'm now just waiting for a date for surgery! Why is nothing ever easy....just as I got this news I recieved a picture of my friend with her newborn baby that had just been born (her second) and i've been trying for so much longer and nothing!!!! Oh well i must be positive ....focusing on getting this thing out of me then on to IVF again....maybe 3rd time lucky seeing as this is the 2nd time its been stopped!

Sorry I have not responded to everyone I will catch up properly later I'm in work!

Thanks! Yeah the best way to protect myself is cut them lose:nope: Sad but I'm tired of trying to constantly defend myself and show them I'm not the horrible, twisted human being they're constantly telling me I am. Tried for years and it does no good so it's time to stop.

So sorry about your cyst:hugs: Is there any reason it hasn't been removed before? I hope that the surgery goes really well! So sorry that she sent her pic at just that moment. I'm sure she was just so happy she wasn't thinking about that you're struggling.

Thanks Kat yes she has no idea what i'm going through (I have kept it quiet for the last 6 months or so what is going on) so i don't blame her at all it was just a real kick in the guts but i'm ok now - just angry lol! Yes I asked why it hadn't been done before as I have had stimulation etc and the response I got was that it hadn't changed so no worry but now it has taken over the ovary so has to go to be able to make the most of the IVF as she says there wouldn't be any eggs from that ovary. Really hoping i get to keep the ovary then have 2 good working ones!

Kat congrats on the house! Great news and so exciting!

Nimbec I am sorry to hear about your cyst but it needs removal so get that cyst gone so you can get to ivf woohoo your just one step closer thanks to this finding. My sister in law had a surgery to remove a cyst off her ovary and fell pregnant by surprise shortly after. I have had quite a few burst cysts so painful bit never needed surgery I'm nervous my test coming up may show a cyst bit trying to keep positive.

Totally bummed bc I thought af would come on time tomorrow but my spotting is way less than yesterday although darker just want to schedule my tests. I do have. A headache so my hormones must be headed to af soon time will tell!

Thanks Kat yes she has no idea what i'm going through (I have kept it quiet for the last 6 months or so what is going on) so i don't blame her at all it was just a real kick in the guts but i'm ok now - just angry lol! Yes I asked why it hadn't been done before as I have had stimulation etc and the response I got was that it hadn't changed so no worry but now it has taken over the ovary so has to go to be able to make the most of the IVF as she says there wouldn't be any eggs from that ovary. Really hoping i get to keep the ovary then have 2 good working ones!

I'm surprised they stimulated you with a cyst as I've heard it's bad to do that, especially if it's a functional cyst. I developed a cyst in my right ovary during down regulation for IVF #1 and they had me down regulate for another week (they found out it was a non-functional cyst based on my hormone levels a few days later) because they don't want to stimulate people when there's a cyst. So that's just crappy of them they didn't do anything about it and went ahead with stimulation. I'm crossing fingers and toes that you won't have to lose your ovary!

Thanks almosthere! So excited because it's such a pretty house and we really wanted it so great it worked out:thumbup: Awww stinks your spotting is less, so confusing. Maybe it'll soon pick up? Know how you feel, I was also anxious to get my tests done so was each time looking forward to AF coming so I could schedule.

AFM I've already started spotting so AF will be here tomorrow or maybe the day after, depends a bit although I'm mostly leaning towards tomorrow. So surprised as DH calculated AF would come around the 8th. If she comes tomorrow she's coming 2 days earlier than normal. We'll see, if I'm bleeding red tomorrow morning I can call the hospital and schedule my 1st scan and get this ball rolling:happydance:

Nimbec - that is shit news. Agree with what Kat said I'm supposed they stimulated you. They must have had their reasons though I'll be keeping everything crossed for u and really hope you don't lose the ovary.
I've heard cysts are very common - and I've heard people fall pregnant soon after. You've just got to get through the surgery and yeah it's a pain about the extra costs. Do u know when it's scheduled? Sorry you might have written it above.
Friend's 'happy' baby news always comes at the worst times doesn't it?! It's hard not to get angry - but I try to keep positive and focus on my journey. Easier said than done - but hey that's the aim!

Kat - whoooo hoo on the house! you'll have your house soon that you'll be able to do whatever and decorate however you want inside.
Negotiating is always tricky.
Yeah for spotting you can get this ball rolling and be on your way!

No news for me just waiting on my period to arrive.

Kat - whoooo hoo on the house! you'll have your house soon that you'll be able to do whatever and decorate however you want inside.
Negotiating is always tricky.
Yeah for spotting you can get this ball rolling and be on your way!

No news for me just waiting on my period to arrive.

Yeah, it'll be nice:flower:

Called the hospital and I'm going in for my baseline scan tomorrow at 8 AM. FXed there are no cysts and everything looks good!

The secretary was kinda annoying today since she didn't at first get why I was calling and told her I got AF (how does everyone else say it over the phone?), then she first heard me wrong with my social security number and then took a long time to find my journal but I think unfortunately all journals are on paper and they have no computer system:wacko:

Full flow arrived right when I woke up can't wait to schedule my tests today just have to sneak a call at work no privacy around there it's like a mission haha.

Kat yay for af on its way and exciting news moving forward with your ivf testing! Good luck!

Kat yay for af on its way and exciting news moving forward with your ivf testing! Good luck!

Yay for AF:winkwink: Are you having both tests done in the same cycle? Hope you manage to arrange your appointments without any nosey colleagues hearing it:winkwink:

Well they'll only be scanning me to make sure there are no cysts and that things look ok in there. Then they'll decide how much FSH I'll be taking this time, assuming it'll be Bemfola again. Which I'll have to go out and buy right away but I've always had luck getting my meds at the pharmacy close to the hospital so will be doing that again. As I understand it they'll scan me again about 1 week later to see if the dosage needs adjustment and to see follie sizes. Once the lead follie is around 12 mm, they'll start me on a daily dosage of Cetrotide or Orgalutran which prevents early O. Around CD12-14 they'll scan again and decide when ER will happen. They'll most likely do an ET with one 2 Day embie since they say that they have the highest rate of success with that plus it did work the last time. After ET, they'll put me on Crinone again since that worked out so well for 14 days. Just need a healthy embie this time!

Kat Yay for a day 2 embies I think that's what I had with my fresh!

So I am having cd3 test for Friday and then next Friday will be my cavity evaluation I hope they find nothing. My test in 2012 found what they thought to be a fibroid or cyst so I had to get a more intrusive test after then it ended up being nothing such a pain and all bc insurance calls for these (not to say it isn't a good idea it also clears for better success at ivf so I shouldn't wine).

I swear my boss may have heard my call a bit she just arrived when I was finishing my call so annoying I'm sure she will catch on soon with all these appointments coming up interfering with my work schedule (my first ivf was with same job so my boss figured it out! Ugh)

Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Kat Yay for a day 2 embies I think that's what I had with my fresh!

So I am having cd3 test for Friday and then next Friday will be my cavity evaluation I hope they find nothing. My test in 2012 found what they thought to be a fibroid or cyst so I had to get a more intrusive test after then it ended up being nothing such a pain and all bc insurance calls for these (not to say it isn't a good idea it also clears for better success at ivf so I shouldn't wine).

I swear my boss may have heard my call a bit she just arrived when I was finishing my call so annoying I'm sure she will catch on soon with all these appointments coming up interfering with my work schedule (my first ivf was with same job so my boss figured it out! Ugh)

Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Really??!! I thought it was a special thing here with Day 2 embies since it seems most women on this forum either get a Day 3 or Day 5 embie put back in.

Good to hear you managed to set up your appointments. Oops hope she didn't hear very much but yeah, she may catch on to things at one point. My DH's boss knows we're doing IVF and was really good about giving DH days off for the ER and the ET. She's been super understanding! But I can understand it if you think it's too personal for your boss to know about it.

It's been so long it could have been day3 I'm not sure haha.

And I ended up basically telling my boss during my first ivf since I figured she was suspicious and she was very understanding and great about my being late I'm mornings due to bloodwork. I would rather have not told her. It I did to relive stress about getting in trouble for being late all the time.

It's been so long it could have been day3 I'm not sure haha.

And I ended up basically telling my boss during my first ivf since I figured she was suspicious and she was very understanding and great about my being late I'm mornings due to bloodwork. I would rather have not told her. It I did to relive stress about getting in trouble for being late all the time.

Ah OK:haha:

So great your boss is understanding! Yeah that's pretty much why DH told his boss as well, so he could just be honest about why he's taking 2 days off each IVF cycle instead of having to lie about e.g. being sick. Last IVF, DH was 98% sure he'd be allowed to take those days off but for my ER, we had his little brother as a back up plan (partly because he lives close by, partly because he's unfortunately unemployed ATM) since you can't drive afterwards. He was luckily willing to step in but it ended up not being necessary:winkwink:

AFM just got back from the RE and I'll be on 300 IU Bemfola for the next week (start tonight) and go in again on the 13th for my next scan. From the 12th I start also injecting Cetrotide to prevent early O. She could already see 6-7 follies I think so here's hoping we get a couple of more as well. Definitely hoping we get more than 3 this time!

So AF arrived this morning on time for a change!! Haha so I rang the clinic and we're going in first thing tomorrow morning for a scan and to start meds. I wish I'd written down the process they explained to us because I've totally forgotten! 😂
We were told that our first try would be ICSI because the cause of our infertility is low sperm count so better chances of success! X

Exciting news Elz! Have we been on threads together back in 2012/13 your username is so familiar to me!

AFM I'm all nervous about my af being off I was told by Dr and nurse first day for af is first full flow of red. I spotted pink for two days then full red flow yeaterday then hardly spotted after this am and I read 1 day of af means irregular so I'm all nervous and my cd3 blood work is tomorrow I feel like for me cd1 was the pink spotting hmmm at least they monitor I jus those my ov doesn't get missed if they are off by two days in monitoring.

So AF arrived this morning on time for a change!! Haha so I rang the clinic and we're going in first thing tomorrow morning for a scan and to start meds. I wish I'd written down the process they explained to us because I've totally forgotten! 😂
We were told that our first try would be ICSI because the cause of our infertility is low sperm count so better chances of success! X

Oh so exciting Elz:happydance: Is your process similiar to mine? I'll be stimming with FSH (Bemfola) only until the 12th when I'll also start injecting Cetrotide to prevent early O (so will be taking 2 injections from the 12th and onwards). They'll scan me on the 13th to see how things are progressing and then another scan a few days later to determine when ER will happen (at least that's what I think according to the pamphlet I got). In my case I'll most likely have 1 embie put back in at ET which will be 2 days after ER and then it's 14 days of Crinone gel until a blood beta test.

AFM I'm all nervous about my af being off I was told by Dr and nurse first day for af is first full flow of red. I spotted pink for two days then full red flow yeaterday then hardly spotted after this am and I read 1 day of af means irregular so I'm all nervous and my cd3 blood work is tomorrow I feel like for me cd1 was the pink spotting hmmm at least they monitor I jus those my ov doesn't get missed if they are off by two days in monitoring.

Hmmm I wouldn't think pink spotting would ever be considered CD1 though:-k Maybe you could mention it to your RE as an FYI? That way they can take all that into consideration when looking at your results.

AFM did my 1st Bemfola injection:winkwink: They must've done something with the pens since I last bought them because I remember injecting the last bit of meds was always so hard (had to both hold the pen steady while really pushing down on the plunger), now it's easy peasy all the way. The packaging is also easier to open which is also nice.

Hey! Welcome Elz.. so you'll be starting at the same time as Kat with the stims. Almost. Don't worry we did ICSI and had great results. All out eggs fertilised both times - well we only had 4 and 6. The embryologist said they chose the healthiest looking sperm - what looks the most normal - that's why u want. And with IVF when they put the sperm in there with the egg it's just the sperm that gets there first it's not necessarily the best. I was worried about ISCI because I saw a stupid nutritionalist - who told me it's not as effective because it doesn't allow for natural selection. So it was good to hear from the scientist that she didn't know what she was talking about.

Almosthere I'll be behind u by 1 or two days! My period came today. I've been there before not knowing what to call day 1 with my polyp and things. I'm sure they have a few ways to cross reference. Like the internal scan etc.

Kat - this is all sounding so hopefully I'm sure you'll get quiet a few nice eggs this time!

Of course my period was two days late so a part of me was thinking ohh I might be pregnant. God that little voice in your head is so annoying! Of course I knew i wasn't because we couldn't have sex for 10 days after the polyp so it was after ovulation!!!! I read somewhere that up to transfer (maybe not night before) but sex was really good as it gets blood flow going to the uterus. so once my period stops we will be on the case of that. wonder if pelvic floors help too - we should all be doing them to prepare for birth/everything! I'm so bad - my friend told me about this app that reminds u during the day!

It's going to be an exciting next few weeks for us all. Lots happening!

Welcome Elz hope you get first time lucky!

Almostthere hope your blood work comes back ok. Is your AF usually regular?

Kat what is the Bemfola for?

Miranda I know exactly the thought process just too well. The human being places so much emotion just hoping.

AFM day 10 blood test on Monday. Hopefully this month has no more roadblocks!

Kat - this is all sounding so hopefully I'm sure you'll get quiet a few nice eggs this time!

Of course my period was two days late so a part of me was thinking ohh I might be pregnant. God that little voice in your head is so annoying! Of course I knew i wasn't because we couldn't have sex for 10 days after the polyp so it was after ovulation!!!! I read somewhere that up to transfer (maybe not night before) but sex was really good as it gets blood flow going to the uterus. so once my period stops we will be on the case of that. wonder if pelvic floors help too - we should all be doing them to prepare for birth/everything! I'm so bad - my friend told me about this app that reminds u during the day!

It's going to be an exciting next few weeks for us all. Lots happening!

Thanks miranda, that's what my RE and we are hoping will happen. I still have some hope a few more will pop up though:winkwink:

Yeah I know that feeling, I've tried having my AF be late by 5 days back in July 2014 so thought I was pregnant and tested the day before DH's birthday (was 3 days late when I tested), hoping I could give him the best birthday present ever - but nope, BFN and AF showed up a few days later:nope::dohh:

As for sex around transfer I've also heard that. The clinic at my hospital has no restrictions concerning sex so they say you can whenever you want. To be honest DH and I BDed around 36 hours after transfer so I'm almost tempted to try that again because maybe it helped:haha: Could of been a coincidence though and the embie would've implanted anyway, who knows:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->